test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unscheduled/Emergency Network Maintenance (May 9, 2013) (Complete!)

Comments

• jsck82jsck82 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pretty suer being in the uk i know what the time is thanx

From the worldclock time and date info for the UK:
    Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT +1 hour

You're welcome.
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jsck82 wrote: »
    Not bad. But you have to make the entitlement seem more reasonable... you know, refunding your non-existent investment with real currency or something. Or like a month of sub... LTS is too much, even for the veteran whiner trolls :P

I'll take a free version of that million dollar 700 ship Romulan pack.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • lordeodprimelordeodprime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    would be nice if they had a stand-alone, offline character creation utility/program.
    I would probably spend hours creating and playing with different Toon configs.
    They can pay for the initiative by charging say, 100Zen, to import a toon created via the tool.
  • alphaphasertechalphaphasertech Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sunseahl wrote: »
    The waiting 2000 years kind

the completely ignored in every episode kind

or the dying in every other episode kind?

All three.
    "If the Iconians come, and we're not ready... Well, let's just say these petty arguments won't mean a thing." - Vice Admiral Thomas Bouwman of the Starsiders
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I'm a F2P player and I DEMAND they give me a free LTS for this!!! This is an OUTRAGE!!! I am ENTITLED to no less compensation!!!

This is my first rage/entitlement/whine post. How'd I do?

Oh that's not bad. Maybe toss in a few angry faces (:mad:) and possibly some sort of swear words to highlight just exactly how mad you are. Oh and something about how you and a random number of friends/fleet members will be quitting as well because of this. I think that's usually how it goes.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I Demand they NOT give me a Free Tribble
    Live long and Prosper
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    would be nice if they had a stand-alone, offline character creation utility/program.
    I would probably spend hours creating and playing with different Toon configs.
    They can pay for the initiative by charging say, 100Zen, to import a toon created via the tool.

If they did that you know some1 would mod it for a topless option
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Le sigh....

Come on now Cryptic, again???

This has got to stop. It's obvious that your servers just are not coping with things anymore. Get new ones, ones that actually work.

The servers have been more off-line than on-line as of late, and it getting on my nerves.

How hard can it be to get servers that actually work more than 2 days at a time without getting a warp-core breach??

Just speechless...
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not bad. But you have to make the entitlement seem more reasonable... you know, refunding your non-existent investment with real currency or something. Or like a month of sub... LTS is too much, even for the veteran whiner trolls :P

Oh ok gotcha. Thanks for the advice. They should sticky a post for proper whining/raging. A noobs guide to whining or something...
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    okay i'll throw you a bone lol. this game really sucks and I think it should be burnt to the ground so I can take a dump on it. and while i'm at it, everyone that says to stop whining can go suck a big fat floppy donkey ****

disclaimer, I don't really mean this and it's just a attempt to make someone feel better so he can enjoy himself while eating some fresh popcorn so please don't ban me for my beastiality comment :)

ROFL, nice one man, that was almost on par with some of the 'nerd rage' I've seen coming from the AVGN right there.
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • lordeodprimelordeodprime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »

You're right, but then thats not exactly a reason not to do it, is it? lol
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'm sorry, was that an argument for or against the idea?
  • manfromearth82manfromearth82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ef261 wrote: »
    The next time there's a maintenance, can it PLEASE not be right when everyone in the UK is coming home from work, or school? -_-

THIS. Uk players are not 2nd class thanks very much...
    We've made too many compromises already; too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further!
    edited May 2013
    Oh ok gotcha. Thanks for the advice. They should sticky a post for proper whining/raging. A noobs guide to whining or something...

Stick around awhile, the forums are all sorts of educating in that respect ;)
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only page 42? We need to reach page 100 before maintenance is complete and this is closed.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited May 2013

we already have a topless option (for male Gorn and Orions)
    Live long and Prosper
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry, was that an argument for or against the idea?

That would depend wouldn't it
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From the worldclock time and date info for the UK:
    Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT +1 hour

You're welcome.

Perhaps they should have used Zulu time and eliminated the entire argument hmm???
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Somehow this is appropriate:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrriKcwvlY
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • teklionbenrashateklionbenrasha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    THIS. Uk players are not 2nd class thanks very much...

Complaining that an emergency maintenance takes place during your timezone (and mine, so don't accuse me of bias) is like a doctor complaining because a road accident occurred when his favourite programme was on TV.
    edited May 2013
    be grateful its not in stardate format
    Live long and Prosper
    edited May 2013
    wufangchu wrote: »
    Perhaps they should have used Zulu time and eliminated the entire argument hmm???

Yeah, seems someone forgot about DST, which started a month ago there... outdated as it is, I'm wondering if he's been early for work or school this last month...
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    holy TRIBBLE dude, I had to read that twice just to make sure it said what it did but it came with a price. my iq just dropped several numbers trying to comprehend that lol.

It's magic - and all magic comes with a price. ;)
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
  • captainleavittcaptainleavitt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like to rub cocoa butter on my balls
  • axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ef261 wrote: »
    The next time there's a maintenance, can it PLEASE not be right when everyone in the UK is coming home from work, or school? -_-

I second this... :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    we already have a topless option (for male Gorn and Orions)

bah, you beat me to it
    edited May 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    be grateful its not in stardate format

http://www.stevepugh.net/fleet/stardate.html

We can work with that. :)
  • stevolutionviiimstevolutionviiim Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    let me guess... its down during fleet or reputation event lol seems everytime I want to earn omega or fleet markers damn game is down!
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm. I hope this addresses the constant disconnect problems I have had for the past 2 days - DCing practically every 3-5 mins.
    yjkZSeM.gif
This discussion has been closed.