Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus - Closed Beta - Round 1

Comments

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I would think the best way to get a Round 2 invite is to be spending your free time in Tribble now, testing the new Fed or KDF stuff that coming with Season 8. That would show some interest in testing. :)

and yet the ones who were accepted either had some feedback skills through testing all the way to new players who just started, wouldnt be fair to condemn everyone else with the same brush. besides ive been busy recently as much as i want to get on the tribble server.

but there are already two things from the few minutes i spend though so thats got to count for something, right?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    and yet the ones who were accepted either had some feedback skills through testing all the way to new players who just started, wouldnt be fair to condemn everyone else with the same brush. besides ive been busy recently as much as i want to get on the tribble server.

but there are already two things from the few minutes i spend though so thats got to count for something, right?
    Most of the people in Round 1 were regular Tribble testers. I also think there's a lot of people who didn't get invites simply because they have their account set to not allow newsletters and other spam emails. If they can't send you an email they can't notify you. Who knows how many were bounced simply because of that.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    after the first playthrough of the missions i thought it was a nice idea the way you picked up the bridge crew from differant characters you met along the way.
    now having replayed some of the missions i see a problem in that as the characters names seemed to be fixed within the story line and i will assume this will be the same for all players any time you replay any of the missions you will likly have two characters running arround who look like clones and have the same names.
    as with the mission gasko blues i had two hivens running arround at the end section of the game.
    on the face of it this is not a big bug granted but if all other players pick up the same crew with the same names this is going to get mighty strange when we have half a dozen people running arround with the same landing parties.
    it is one thing having certain members of bridge crew who look alike but it would have been nice if there had been some random element with at least the name selection if nothing else.
    it is somway exceptable if you give away some character as a reward as with the spotlight mission at the end of last year that will be the same for each player or as in holo leeta ect. but this main startup bridge crew should be a little more random and vairied.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Most of the people in Round 1 were regular Tribble testers. I also think there's a lot of people who didn't get invites simply because they have their account set to not allow newsletters and other spam emails. If they can't send you an email they can't notify you. Who knows how many were bounced simply because of that.

problem with that is that is the new cryptic game (never... what its name?!), i received a CB a long time ago and completely forgot about it, didnt even realize upto 2 weeks ago and i never had the newsletter option on. so i doubt sto will be any different with LoR.
  • Options
    divinequazardivinequazar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know, I am all for waiting to get my turn to try out the new content, however, I feel like im getting teased every time there is an update on Tribble. For example the 3.6G update yesterday.... I thought that I was getting the chance to start, but NOOOO lol. All I ask for is updates as to when the next wave/ open beta is going to happen. Can we get an answer to that?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You know, I am all for waiting to get my turn to try out the new content, however, I feel like im getting teased every time there is an update on Tribble. For example the 3.6G update yesterday.... I thought that I was getting the chance to start, but NOOOO lol. All I ask for is updates as to when the next wave/ open beta is going to happen. Can we get an answer to that?
    The best way to get invited to a Beta is to spend time testing. Have you been on Tribble testing all the upcoming Season 8 material for Feds? Your odds of getting a Rom invite are higher if you've proven yourself an avid tester.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    crayziercrayzier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The best way to get invited to a Beta is to spend time testing. Have you been on Tribble testing all the upcoming Season 8 material for Feds? Your odds of getting a Rom invite are higher if you've proven yourself an avid tester.

Actually that doesn't matter at all. Cryptic randomly chose people regardless of whether they ever been on tribble or how long the account existed. There are lifers who didn't get access and fresh f2p accounts that never tested anything who got into closed beta.
  • Options
    jazempjazemp Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish i got the beta invite really wanted to play as romulan
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would love to give it a try, since I've been waiting to play a Romulan since I first started playing the game. Seems a bit odd to limit the access this way, this close to the release date.
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jazemp wrote: »
    I wish i got the beta invite really wanted to play as romulan

As a tester i can say ....be happy your not and pray they reverse the rom battle cloak nerf they just did because if that goes live being a rom will be pointless.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Gee, that's some awfully valuable feedback, there... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    qqqqii wrote: »
    Gee, that's some awfully valuable feedback, there... :rolleyes:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=649321

read this and then go read the tribble feedbacks then act like a (Edited)

Make sure you read the part about the battlecloaks
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Already read it. Still don't see anything that makes playing a Romulan "pointless", but ymmv. Pretty much reads like the usual MMOQQ, to me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    crayzier wrote: »
    Actually that doesn't matter at all. Cryptic randomly chose people regardless of whether they ever been on tribble or how long the account existed. There are lifers who didn't get access and fresh f2p accounts that never tested anything who got into closed beta.
    Cryptic did not only randomly choose. It has been stated, in this thread, that regular Tribble testers were given priority, and then the rest of the 1,000 players invited to Closed Beta were randomly determined. Thus the best way to get invites is to regularly test.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Already read it. Still don't see anything that makes playing a Romulan "pointless", but ymmv. Pretty much reads like the usual MMOQQ, to me.

If your going to role PvP or PvE then being a rom will be a nightmare unless they reduce BC cooldown time.
    If your going to role a romulan for the story or to role play then by all means then do so but the cloaks gettng nerfed means ships like D'deridex and Ha'apax will be a nightmare to use...i know i have both on tribble.

But it does make roms pointless since they are supposed to be the masters of the cloak yet they are now worse then fed/kdf cloaks in cooldown.
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    If your going to role PvP or PvE then being a rom will be a nightmare unless they reduce BC cooldown time.
    If your going to role a romulan for the story or to role play then by all means then do so but the cloaks gettng nerfed means ships like D'deridex and Ha'apax will be a nightmare to use...i know i have both on tribble.

But it does make roms pointless since they are supposed to be the masters of the cloak yet they are now worse then fed/kdf cloaks in cooldown.

Just...stop.

Romulans can quite easily get their cloak cooldown, even with the changes, to under the previous 20 second CD (my rough math says somewhere in the 16-18 second range, but I'll need to double check percentage modifiers).

Secondly, you're acting like the change is going to entirely destroy the Rommie sub-faction. It won't. They're getting two of the craziest fleet ships (T'Varo and Mogai), not to mention the ability to combine both Operative and Subterfuge bonuses.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just...stop.

Romulans can quite easily get their cloak cooldown, even with the changes, to under the previous 20 second CD (my rough math says somewhere in the 16-18 second range, but I'll need to double check percentage modifiers).

Secondly, you're acting like the change is going to entirely destroy the Rommie sub-faction. It won't. They're getting two of the craziest fleet ships (T'Varo and Mogai), not to mention the ability to combine both Operative and Subterfuge bonuses.

Let the blind lead the blind unto oblivion for common sense has taken a holiday
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let the blind lead the blind unto oblivion for common sense has taken a holiday

How nice of you to actually try and have a substantive conversation instead of jumping straight to hyperbole and personal attacks while providing zero evidence to back up your assertions.

Way to take the high road.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    How nice of you to actually try and have a substantive conversation instead of jumping straight to personal attacks while providing zero evidence to back up your assertions.

The insane run the insane asylum the fools are chiefs the world has turned upside down but no one see a thing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    soo.. about round 2, when is it coming?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    soo.. about round 2, when is it coming?

I wish i knew though the BCs are nerfed im still really interested in this story its really good and the suspense is killing me :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    How nice of you to actually try and have a substantive conversation instead of jumping straight to hyperbole and personal attacks while providing zero evidence to back up your assertions.

Btw what i said wasnt a personal attack it was a riddle quuoted from a book ive read which book? i wont say research it and find it that way , but if not then to your shugrin you will never know which side wins :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Btw what i said wasnt a personal attack it was a riddle quuoted from a book ive read which book? i wont say research it and find it that way , but if not then to your shugrin you will never know which side wins :)
    If the best point you can raise is effectively "you don't know what you're talking about" then you've already lost.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If the best point you can raise is effectively "you don't know what you're talking about" then you've already lost.

Jealous much? just because i got the invite and you did not?

Calm down take a deep breath and chill and dont worry if the nerf is there at release im sure you will like it :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If you guys want to argue about Cloak cool downs then do it in the tribble thread. This thread's about the Beta, not the cloaks. :)
  • Options
    murilostrikermurilostriker Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When will we have Round 2?
  • Options
    djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you have to buy the legacy pack to get to play as a reman or are they planning on making it available to everyone once the expansion goes live
    The True King In The North
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    djmarr1964 wrote: »
    Do you have to buy the legacy pack to get to play as a reman or are they planning on making it available to everyone once the expansion goes live
    Remans are a C-Store species. You either need to buy one of the bundle pre-order Packs or you can buy the Remans individually directly from the C-Store the day LoR goes live.

You can also earn/unlock a Reman species by doing the Romulan Rep system.
  • Options
    djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for that so i will start saving up the zen as i will be getting a reman officer when the expansion goes live as i cant afford the legacy pack at this time
    The True King In The North
  • Options
    zaccarr1zaccarr1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome! Can't wait...