test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus - Closed Beta - Round 1

dastahldastahl Member Posts: 185 Arc User
Greetings!

The Star Trek Online team is happy to announce that Legacy of Romulus is beginning a limited Closed Beta!

The first round of invites are in the process of being sent out. If you receive one of these invites, then the account associated with the email address has been granted access to create a Romulan character on the TRIBBLE test server.

While the first round of invites is limited, we will be adding more accounts as we approach the May 21 release date.

Here's a few Q&As about this Closed Beta

Q: Is there a way to get invited to the closed beta?

A: There is no special thing you can do to get a beta invite. The invites being sent out are based on play profiles and data that we need to collect. We will continue adding as many people as the test shard can handle. We are planning on a full Open Beta before launch.

Q: What is available to play in Round 1?

A: You may create a Romulan character and play up to a midway point in the Romulan storyline. We have an artificial stop midway through as we put finishing touches on the remaining episodes.

Similarly, Klingon character creation is still disabled and will be opened up once we completely unlock all of the Klingon episodes in the new 1-20 progression.

Q: Is there an NDA for this Closed Beta?

A: No. Please tell us what you think and post your feedback in the TRIBBLE forums!

Q: Is this the final version for May 21 launch?

A: No. This is an early build with many bells and whistles still missing. There is no VO yet and many of the cutscenes aren't finalized. You will find bugs and rough patches, but we would like to start getting feedback on the Romulans at this time.

Q: What is the team working on now?

A: We are putting the finishing touches on the remaining Romulan and Klingon episodes, adding in all the VO, all the special cutscenes, as well as the final rewards and bug fixes. We will be updating TRIBBLE regularly with updates that will slowly unlock all the Legacy of Romulus updates.

We are also working on the ships and updates that will be releasing in the months after Legacy of Romulus launch.

Q: What do we expect from this Beta?

A: We want to get player feedback on the new ships, the new episodes, the feel of the Romulans, and any other issues that come up. We will be able to react to some, but not all, of this feedback.

Q: If I get a beta invite via email, what do I do?

You will need to patch up to the TRIBBLE public test server, and then create a Romulan. It is ok if you copy or play your other existing characters, but we would prefer that you play a Romulan and provide feedback on the new faction.

THINGS TO NOTE:
  • If you are already playing on TRIBBLE when you get the invite, you will need to log out and back in so that your account access can be reset.
  • C-Store Purchases are disabled on TRIBBLE.
  • Legacy Pack items are not available on TRIBBLE.
  • TRIBBLE is a Work in Progress Testing shard - things can go wrong and while we want to avoid character wipes, it isn't guaranteed.
  • We may have to bring the TRIBBLE shard down at any time for emergency maintenance.
  • Fleets are not the same on TRIBBLE as they are on HOLODECK
  • TRIBBLE is still open to ALL testers, but only Closed Beta invitees can create a Romulan character. You can still team with them, and play along side even if you don't have an invite.
  • TRIBBLE only allows 3 character slots, so you will need to empty a character slot to create a Romulan

Please keep an eye on the TRIBBLE forums for updates and further announcements. We look forward to your feedback and thank you in advance for helping us make Legacy of Romulus awesome!
Post edited by dastahl on

Comments

• Options
    mustachemavmustachemav Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I for one hope to be a part of this test, for obvious reasons.
    Facebook | STOked Radio
    Twitter | @STOkedshow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh exciting! *crosses fingers for invite*
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sweet, crossing my fingers!
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Haha as soon as I posted ai got an invite :D
  • Options
    phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sweet, just got my invite. I look forward to playtesting it!
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sweet, just got my invite. I look forward to playtesting it!

Ditto. I know how I'm spending my next few days.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    hitherowhitherow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm hoping to land an invite for this too. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cryptic Join Date: March 2010
    "We will not go quietly into the night" ~Independence Day
  • Options
    cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Man, I'm kinda conflicted. On one hand, I want to be part of the closed beta because Romulans. On the other, I'm not sure I want spoilers. :confused:

• Options
    cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Love to be in the beta but i must ask what is the point of a closed beta, isnt tribble a erm testing shard anyhow. What harm would it do to just let ppl access this stuff as normal when on tribble or am i missing something?

Edit - Ok ill shut up cos i just got a invite :p Cheers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nice!. I hope to be invited
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hmm. On one hand I have lots of alts in all the fields so I'll try whatever they throw at me. On the other, silver and not on Tribble. Well here's hoping.
  • Options
    captiancoppscaptiancopps Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Now you have peaked my interest. I wonder if normal tribble users are put on the list as primary people to be selected?
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Awesome! Crossing my fingers as well.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    heavystar1985heavystar1985 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Excited! Invited! :-D
    I am really happy to test the new Legacy of Romulus!
  • Options
    big68earlbig68earl Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Now I have to use that money I was putting back for my kids braces... oh well they can have crooked teeth right? ":D
  • Options
    captlukaswilsoncaptlukaswilson Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sounds awesome, keep up the great work! :D I'm extremely excited for all this.
    I'll be monitoring my email constantly, I seriously want in :D

EDIT: Invite received! :D
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nothing in my email yet. Should I have gotten it by now?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Got my invite! SQUEEEEEEE :D
  • Options
    ebonyteviloebonytevilo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Got an invited. Happy right now :)
  • Options
    tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cuatela wrote: »
    Man, I'm kinda conflicted. On one hand, I want to be part of the closed beta because Romulans. On the other, I'm not sure I want spoilers. :confused:

Same, but I got an invite so...I guess I should test a little?
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    SWEET! I'm in!

Now I have to wait until I finish work and my class afterwards to play! Waaa!
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For testing on tribble, I received an invite. I was hoping that I could get a chance to try out the Romulans and now I get to! Thanks Cryptic team!

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Crossing fingers.
  • Options
    tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i'm in, see you all on tribble. taking screenshots and notes. :)
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow, I actually got an invite. Thanks so much Cryptic. You have made this players day.

That said, I am patching tribble now. I am super excited to get started. :D:D:D
  • Options
    phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the invite! I figured I'd get one since I completely leveled a toon during F2P on tribble and I get all the testing rewards. Too bad I just got final approval for a house today (YAY!), I will play us much as I can but I have to move!!!! :( :rolleyes:
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm really surprised by this. Thanks!

I found a golden ticket in my email!
  • Options
    atlantis887atlantis887 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Closed beta inviate receveid, thanks!
  • Options
    aeolusdallasaeolusdallas Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2013