What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus - Closed Beta - Round 1

Comments

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    from what i have seen in tribble yesterday, lots of scrap heap impulse bops everywhere and some of the community is enthusing about the rommie adventure thus far. im waiting on an invite so i can play it :D.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    played through to lev 10
    so far you have a good strong story line, there were a few shocks and plenty of action also some interesting dialogue.
    i like the way your crew were selected from charactors you met in your adventures.
    still not too sure about having to choose fed or kdf, i would have liked to remain friendly with both factions and been able to visit the Qo`noS as easily as i can visit star fleet and picked up missions from both parties.
    i have a bad feeling that 99.9% will choose fed and the poor old billy nomates kdf will be underused under apriciated and left out in the cold with very little in the way of advancement within the games dynamics.
    the klingons are quite ofted overlooked by players as it is and the kdf fleets tend to fall far behind the advancment that the fed fleets seem to enjoy as not as many players choose to have klingon charactors as a secondary charactor or as ive had said to me the klingon charactors are only any good for farming dilithium.
    i can forsee a future within the game where klingons will only be remebered as those angry aliens we used to see from time to time but are now just a fuzzy memory.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    maddoctor121maddoctor121 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I hope i get an invite
  • Options
    wearetheborg9897wearetheborg9897 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hope I can get an invite, looking forward to romulans.

Of course I'm not posting this so you know I'd like an invite *hint hint* :rolleyes:
  • Options
    defraggerdefragger Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is it possible for others to invite us,or the devs alone?.I just want to know what im getting into b4 i buy the legacy pack next week
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    defragger wrote: »
    Is it possible for others to invite us,or the devs alone?.I just want to know what im getting into b4 i buy the legacy pack next week

Just the devs. But Dstahl said they'll be sending out another round of invites later.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    antovaras wrote: »
    you're not missing a lot being honest...

I finally got in late last night... kinda-sorta..

Spent more time Logging In and staring at "server not responding" than actually playing.

What I did get to do was interesting though.

I'm not really delving into it to much at this point, just trying to play through the basics to get a feel for it and help find BUGS.

When it hits Holo, I'll take my time and enjoy it more.

:)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    coins2010coins2010 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have my fingers crossed hopefully i will get in so i know whether or not to invest in the Legacy Pack.:)
  • Options
    jlebeckjlebeck Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Romulan storyline is brilliant, I've foregone a beautiful day in the sun (UK) because I became so engrossed. Some familiar names (and their origins) cropping up. Well done
    The Continuing Voyages of Bridge Commander
    Captain Lee Drake - USS Sovereign
    Captain Draxon - IKS RanKuf
    Commander Torenn - IRW Soryak
    Captain Gregory MacCray - USS Geronimo
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Love the story line... It brings tears to me... Like guys for real you got a 50 out of 10 on this one!
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    magusofborgmagusofborg Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm enjoying it way more than I thought I would.
    Joined August 2009
  • Options
    skeurtoskeurto Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just from what I have seen from logging into Tribble and messing around with the character creator makes this great in my book so far. Now to research what traits to give all of my characters...
  • Options
    glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hoping Have played tribble's new UI looks good to me.
  • Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *crosses fingers* please get a invite please ,please ,please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    commandersalvekcommandersalvek Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok my humility is out the window- I bought the Game hoping to play the Romulans soon after launch -I than bought Life Time Subscriber on Faith alone the Romulans were coming - i have enjoyed the game but there was always that hope its here -now I see everything -the wait is harsh!

I ask please pick me for next one:)
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    One thing i am finding VERY annoying and inconvenient is going from tau dewa to Regulus sector...it spawns you at the very top of the block and on the map you cant zoom out all the way like you can on holodeck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    goolash761goolash761 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd love to get in on it, but I can wait if I must. More time to plot my galactic takeover. No IT experience here, just a history of beta testing various games.
  • Options
    killjack0killjack0 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cant wait to do some testing. I would like to try and make this the best update you have put out. I am after all a bug magnet. I dont have to look for the bugs they find me.
  • Options
    davehilanderdavehilander Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    First, I absolutely love the way this was designed. The art is fantastic, I just hope I can go back to my home colony sometime, it is VERY impressive. The design flowback from Neverwinter is obvious and welcome.

I did have a couple additional trivial things I noticed:
    Perhaps it is my video card, but the whole colony walkthrough seemed a bit "washed out" in color.

I noticed you cannot put the plasma torpedoes on auto-fire because they simply start the cool-down if the target doesn't happen to be in the firing arc when it tries to trigger.

The reflected lighting is much brighter than the source lighting, both on the ground and in space. Especially when there is only a single source.
  • Options
    killjack0killjack0 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok So i never got an email or anything but just tried to create a Romulan Character and it did it.
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ive played MMOs since the early 90s have had alot of gaming experiance and throughout all that time ive never been truely impressed by ANY MMO....until now.

Ive been playing as a rom on tribble and have littarley made 3 roms have played through the beta several times and i wont spoil it but i will say the cryptic team has done a wonderfull job on LoR.

And when this releases live on the holodeck i will recommend to every player to atleast play as a rom once if for anything the story its definatly worth the play through.

Good job Cryptic dev team dang fine job indeed :)
  • Options
    darkthorne70darkthorne70 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I hope I get an invite to this such a romulan fan I have waited for this and now its here
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The expansion seems to have a much stronger Trek look, feel and sound across the board. I've actually turned the music on and the sound effects up.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As a non-tester, the overall positive feedback on LoR has me absolutely giddy. Can't wait to get my grubby little mitts on it.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    As a non-tester, the overall positive feedback on LoR has me absolutely giddy. Can't wait to get my grubby little mitts on it.

The only problem I have with it so far is that I'm stuck with the Ha'apax at T5 unless I grind up a large quantity of zen.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    daywalkerhawkdaywalkerhawk Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LoR looks Nice cant wait to try the Romulans out read a lot of good Feedback for them.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dont believe the naysayers,this is a step firmly in the right direction.I've found that feeling coming back,you know,the I cant wait to log back in one.The Romulan faction may just breathe some much needed passion back into a long time vets jaded perception of STO. :)
  • Options
    theodrimtheodrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dalolorn wrote: »
    The only problem I have with it so far is that I'm stuck with the Ha'apax at T5 unless I grind up a large quantity of zen.

This is the only major point of contention I personally have with what's been released and discussed so far, especially with the legacy pack being pushed as hard as it is by PWE and Cryptic. I can only imagine, having played MMO's as long as I have, when LoR goes live and all the people who don't follow forums, read dev blogs and test server/patch notes, find out about this "it" is going to hit the fan.
    Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well ive played through to the cap and what can i say ...
    this is going to be the best mmorpg ever bar none hands down, ok im a trekie so i might be a little biased but even if this game did not have the trek hook im sure i would feel the same.
    this new story line is awsome, it hooks you and reels you in like no other.
    the star fleet and klingon storys were very good but pale in comparison to this.
    where the other offerings were mostly episodal with some extended storys playing through this far has been more akin to a full blown mega feature movie, i just cant wait to see what the rest has to tell us about the romulan struggle for power.
    now down to bugs in the game, very sorry didnt spot any at the moment there may be a few i didnt notice or maybe i was just very lucky and none cropped up but i found the overall gameplay to be very stable and never spoted any flaws in the charactors or scenary, if it was interactive as in a console or person you needed to use or talk to or just cosmetic stuff it all seemed to jell very nicely as far as i could see.
    i would just like to say thanks for giving me the chance to test this update out and also in advance for giving us this new expansion to the game.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the new romulan sub-faction is ace ive not found that meny bugs yet but i might do if i re-do missions n go off n have a good look around the ace new maps. all missions lvl to 21 are of a higher grade then at lest half of the missions on holodeck. :)
    ill get the starter pack this week if its sale does not end before thursday uk time. :(
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg