test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy Pack Pre-Order! [The price has now increased]

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As a lifetime member, I would like to thank Cryptic for not including all the Romulan and Reman stuff in my account for nothing.

If I simply got the factions for nothing, they'd really feel quite dull, lifeless and like a re-skin of the existing factions.

By having to work towards them, I am presented with a challenge and the reward is that much better.

Cryptic, please continue to not include new content in Lifetime Subscription packages. Let us enjoy chasing stretch goals.
    C-Store items have nothing to do with being LTS. LTS members do not get free Fed or KDF C-Store ships.

The Pack is simply all the upcoming C-Store items bundled together and given to you as a discount. You buy it all at once for $125.00 or you can buy it all later, individually, for $181.00. Your choice.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Buy either of those packs?

Hahaha...no - to paraphrase a known slogan - No stats, no details, no chance (even so, why fork out that much money just to get retrofits? Fleet ones will be far superior as normal)
  • gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    C-Store items have nothing to do with being LTS. LTS members do not get free Fed or KDF C-Store ships.

The Pack is simply all the upcoming C-Store items bundled together and given to you as a discount. You buy it all at once for $125.00 or you can buy it all later, individually, for $181.00. Your choice.

That's assuming we'd even buy all that in the first place :rolleyes:
    edited April 2013
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    I'm curious about them honoring current LTS and preorder exclusives. I'm not asking for new things to be added to my LTS.
    Dan has already said that it was his understanding that LTS members will get a Liberated Borg Rom playable species.

As far as them offering a Lib Borg Boff just because you bought the Amazon deal, unlikely. Even the current Lib Borg in the C-Store are per-character rather then Account-wide Unlocks.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    burstorion wrote: »
    Buy either of those packs?

Hahaha...no - to paraphrase a known slogan - No stats, no details, no chance (even so, why fork out that much money just to get retrofits? Fleet ones will be far superior as normal)

Not that I can afford the Legacy pack...

But I know of at least one player that doesn't have access to anything beyond a Tier One Fleet...

Me.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • mewmew79mewmew79 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Tier 5 ships generally cost 2000/2500, so $80-100

I think 2500 zen is bout 25 euro/20 dollar
    edited April 2013
    That's assuming we'd even buy all that in the first place :rolleyes:
    I know I will. I just have no reason to buy the big Pack because I don't use Keys. So if you subtract the Keys from the purchase price it's basically the same price for me to buy the Starter Pack - which I just did - and then buy the individual items later. :)
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Alot of sheeple are buying into this pack jumping in head first without knowing how deep the water is and that is not very bright.

We dont have any stats on the ship we know nothing then the new UI's and pictures of the ships some content info but nothing else.

Why buy something that you might end up hating if there were ship stats maybe but to buy this starter pack just for keys and titles?! no way

Im not about to jump head first into this LoR pond without knowing how deep the water is id like to know more about the ships stat wise even race stats like what makes remans different then romulans besides clothes and apperances.

Theres just to many questions with no answers to justify buying this starter pack

Thanx cryptic but no thanxs
    edited April 2013
    Dan has already said that it was his understanding that LTS members will get a Liberated Borg Rom playable species.

As far as them offering a Lib Borg Boff just because you bought the Amazon deal, unlikely. Even the current Lib Borg in the C-Store are per-character rather then Account-wide Unlocks.

Actually every time I make a new toon, I still get my Lib Borg boff for free. Even if I release it, I'd like for it to be honored with the expansion.
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    Not that I can afford the Legacy pack...

But I know of at least one player that doesn't have access to anything beyond a Tier One Fleet...

Me.

Not to mention C-Store ships are account bound. Whereas fleet ships are one-off purchases.
    edited April 2013
    Actually every time I make a new toon, I still get my Lib Borg boff for free. Even if I release it, I'd like for it to be honored with the expansion.
    Yes, because you bought the box set. The people who didn't buy that box set must buy them individually now. They're not account-wide unlocks in the C-Store.
  • jasoncholmesjasoncholmes Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Celebrate the upcoming Legacy of Romulus expansion by pre-ordering a Legacy Pack today! This pack contains valuable items to aid you in your journey of rebuilding the Romulan legacy.

Click here to learn more about the Legacy Pack.

Our Legacy Pack FAQ can be found here.

Watch the new Legacy Pack spotlight video here.
    i just 1 weak to go to buy the life time i have 200 save up just need 24 to go and now you doing the pack so is it free for life time or do i have to buy it seperatly so not right for the chouse you have given me i have been saving for a while to get the life time
  • king3006king3006 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dear Sir/Madam.

I have been a lifetime member for STO-Online and paid a good amount of money for but what i don't understand is why Lifetime memeber's have to pay more for the Romulan Pack should not be free for Lifetime members who paid good money for the game ?
  • artemisa0kartemisa0k Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The one thing that kinda puts me off with this is for the price it would have been nice to see them toss in 30 days of gold playtime.

Although admittedly it does seem like a pretty decent deal if you were planning on buying a lot of the c-store ships.
    edited April 2013
    Yes, because you bought the box set. The people who didn't buy that box set must buy them individually now. They're not account-wide unlocks in the C-Store.

The fact remains that players do have the Lib. Boffs as legacy unlocks. Bran is looking into whether that will extend to the Remans as well.
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Legacy Pack does look like you're getting a good value for your dollar if you break down the price of the individual items.

I've very torn because I do like the variety of the Romulan vessels being offered but I'm not big on giving Cryptic anymore of my money.

124.99 is still a pretty steep cost for a bunch of virtual items and it's important to remember that all the ships being offered in the pack can all be bought by converting Dilithium.

I think that if I do break down and shell out any cash for anything it will just be for the Starter Pack and If I decided that I like any of the other Romulan Vessels I'll just convert Dilithium and add some cash has needed to get them.

If they had been offering a Romulan Carrier in the Legacy Pack, I might have been singing a different tune.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    i just 1 weak to go to buy the life time i have 200 save up just need 24 to go and now you doing the pack so is it free for life time or do i have to buy it seperatly so not right for the chouse you have given me i have been saving for a while to get the life time
    The pack has nothing to do with Subscriptions. The pack is just putting all the upcoming Rom C-Store items together into 1 bundle and selling them all at once for a discount. You can buy them all together for $125.00 or you can buy them all individually later for $181.00. It doesn't matter if you are LTS, Gold, or Silver. They're just C-Store items.
    edited April 2013
    I know I will. I just have no reason to buy the big Pack because I don't use Keys. So if you subtract the Keys from the purchase price it's basically the same price for me to buy the Starter Pack - which I just did - and then buy the individual items later. :)

Well then its a great purchase for you since you plan to buy everything in it anyway. lol

I'm just hoping I get my pre-orders honored, I have the Lib Borg Boff and Joined Trill (unlikely, but really hoping we get joined trill captains)

I'm waiting for more info myself, before I make the purchase.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not worth it. $125, not payable in existing Zen (12.5K Z value), for 4 ships (10K Z), a race (worthless, since this option is allegedly given free in-game already), and some assorted gewgaws worth no more than 500Z. 10.5K < 12.5K, therefore, ripoff.

On top of that, you don't even know if you want any of that, since they give you absolutely no numbers. This pushes it even further down on the "ripoff" continuum to damn near "scam" level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    king3006 wrote: »
    Dear Sir/Madam.

I have been a lifetime member for STO-Online and paid a good amount of money for but what i don't understand is why Lifetime memeber's have to pay more for the Romulan Pack should not be free for Lifetime members who paid good money for the game ?

Do we get all C-store items free or at a discount because we are lifetime members and paid a good amount of money into the game? No, we don't. So why should we get all of these C-store items free or at a discount?
    edited April 2013
    errab wrote: »
    If they had been offering a Romulan Carrier in the Legacy Pack, I might have been singing a different tune.

There's still a lot of unknowns in terms of ship stats. One of them may end up being at least an HEC/Flight Deck cruiser.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My big question is whether Remans are still going to be unlocked through the New Romulus reputation system or if that has been reneged upon.

Secondly, does this mean that Reman ship textures/materials are tied to the playable race? or is it something exclusive to the Legacy pack?
  • tequilapastatequilapasta Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    king3006 wrote: »
    Dear Sir/Madam.

Why do you think that you're entitled to Cryptic's hard work for free?

Yes, I said free: we paid for the game at launch. This is major new content. Why shouldn't we pay for the major new content?
    TdfsKwJ.jpg
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not to mention C-Store ships are account bound. Whereas fleet ships are one-off purchases.

Unless the Romlings play wildly different to their fed/kdf class counterparts or have a really good bonus regarding doffing, I plan to only make a tac - the other classes are more or less irrelevant currently - especially as a tac buffs science damage beyond anything an actual sci can pull off
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well then its a great purchase for you since you plan to buy everything in it anyway. lol

I'm just hoping I get my pre-orders honored, I have the Lib Borg Boff and Joined Trill (unlikely, but really hoping we get joined trill captains)

I'm waiting for more info myself, before I make the purchase.

To play devils advocate here. When we got the Liberated Borg BOff and Joined Trill they were advertised as for the Federation and for the Klingons. Nothing said of Romulans. Nothing said as for any new factions added sometime in the future of the game. You've got what you paid for. Federation and Klingon versions of the Liberated Borg BOff and Joined Trill playable species.
  • preechrsapreechrsa Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just saw this while checking the page.

Really looking forward to this, guys. Thanks for all your hard work!
    hzzfzXc.png
    Shutup Wesley: First In Everything
  • daroskadaroska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    if they make the pack more romulan and less remen I be ok with it remens should be on a black rock mining dill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, no, only the Romulans truly deserve to be on a black rock mining dilithium.
    And hell! You know what the funny thing is? They actually are! Mwahaha!
    The Romulans have become weak with handouts and a peace loving hippy leader.

:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    To play devils advocate here. When we got the Liberated Borg BOff and Joined Trill they were advertised as for the Federation and for the Klingons. Nothing said of Romulans. Nothing said as for any new factions added sometime in the future of the game. You've got what you paid for. Federation and Klingon versions of the Liberated Borg BOff and Joined Trill playable species.

Since the idea of Romulans were never even on the table at launch. It's perfectly fine to ask these questions. LTS members were given Liberated Borg for all existing factions. It would be silly not to offer the same things for Romulans. If we were to get a new player who is only interested in playing Romulans. LTS would hold little interest for them, not to say it doesn't already hold little interest in purchasing now. lol
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Would have been nice if They had offered a Middle-of-the-Road pack around $60 bucks.

No keys, No Titles, Just the ships and perhaps the Reman Playable Species.

I could have squeezed that into my budget.

<shrug>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • captiandata1captiandata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cryptic for me there is no intrest in paying 125 dollars for the romulan big lagacy package because there is no tos romulan ward bird of prey that captain james tiberious kirk and the uss enterprise constitution class fought against in balance of terror in the deal. also i do not have 125 dollars to spend in any one month for one single special package. most month i will spend $25.

the starter tos romulan wardird of prey is already my faviourate tos and pre tng romulan warbird. as far as the d'drirex retrofit off the c store that will only be about $25 for one ship or $50 for a 3 pack ship tact, science, engineneering focus ships off the c store

ps if it were possible to buy the special packages using game point cards and perfect world point cards to buy c points to buy off the cstore then maybe i would consider buying special packages.
This discussion has been closed.