test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - April 9, 2013

zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.

General:
  • Cmdr. Kererek on New Romulus has been promoted to Admiral Kererek!
  • Characters show up in the tailor once again.

Systems:
  • Traits:
    • Situational Awareness:
      • The duration of Expose debuffs from Grenade powers granted by this trait has been reduced from 7 seconds down to 5 seconds
      • Expose effects caused by this trait now only have a 25% chance to occur on grenade use, rather than guaranteed.
    • Crippling Fire:
      • The magnitude of the Accuracy debuff granted by each critical hit has been reduced from 5% down to 2.5%
  • Resolved an issue that was causing the Corsair Flight Deck Cruiser to have more Shield HP than intended.
    • The Retrofit and Fleet versions are unaffected.
    • This will impact both existing and new ships.

UI:
  • Red alert frame color has been brightened slightly.
  • When in red alert, frame elements now pulse red slowly.
  • Removed the weapons fire buttons from space power tray mode 3.
    • They remain on mode 4.
  • Mouseover and selected tabs have been added to the race selection and hairstyle selection area of the character creator.
  • The glass background has been removed from the bridge officer tray.
  • Guild/Holding/Reputation tier buttons now have the standard button glow.
  • Visibility issues for text on the interact buttons for the TNG and Voyager color schemes has been addressed.
  • The text associated with a radio button no longer disappears when the button is selected.
  • Long guild names should no longer extend past the bounds of the window or box they are in.
  • Updated the space HUD:
    • Choosing power tray mode 4 no longer removes the weapons tray or the bridge officer tray automatically.
      • These UIs are now hidden or shown exclusively in the "Rearrange HUD" interface.
        • Press F12 to access this.
    • The power tray is thinner in modes 1 and 2.
    • Personal buffs in space have been moved lower, closer to the shield indicator.
    • When a ship subsystem is knocked offline, its icon will turn gray and a red X will appear over it.
    • The color for the shield subsystem in the system power level UI is now blue.
    • The color for the auxiliary subsystem in the system power level UI is now purple.
    • The ship shield indicator boundaries graphic has been darkened slightly.

Known Issues:
  • The Klingon Mission Journal is currently being re-worked and some missions may not yet be available to existing Klingons.
  • Neither Klingons nor Romulans are available for new characters.
  • The C-store is disabled.
  • Traits cannot be changed or updated.
Post edited by zer0niusrex on

Comments

• Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Red alert frame color has been brightened slightly.
    When in red alert, frame elements now pulse red slowly.

Might be a simple thing, but woohoo :D
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How long do the Test Server updates usually take?
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Crippling fire is becoming even less useful.

Could it not increase the damage we deal by 2.5% per critical hit?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Crippling fire is becoming even less useful.

Could it not increase the damage we deal by 2.5% per critical hit?

I find crippling fire usefull with a torp boat but when im running cannons or beams its practically pointless to have it.
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    • Neither Klingons nor Romulans are available for new characters.

<:[
    Patrick is sad at this.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.

Neither Klingons nor Romulans are available for new characters.
    <:[
    Patrick is sad at this.

I am getting the feeling cryptic is going to release LoR AS IS with all the bugs included we have just over a month before release and still no romulans or klings for that matter.

Time is running out and if full testing on LoR doesnt start soon there wont be enough time to fix all the issues and bugs that will come with this enormous expansion.
  • Options
    alkeldaalkelda Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cryptic is keeping to their planned schedule, no matter if a bug needs more time or not. They plug in a module and see if it catches fire then plug in another on the next patch. :P

I'm still waiting for my can't send mail while on Tribble-only bug to get fixed.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2013

UI:
    • Visibility issues for text on the interact buttons for the TNG and Voyager color schemes has been addressed.

Thank goodness! I'm going to go check this out.
  • Options
    zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    alkelda wrote: »
    Cryptic is keeping to their planned schedule, no matter if a bug needs more time or not. They plug in a module and see if it catches fire then plug in another on the next patch. :P

I'm still waiting for my can't send mail while on Tribble-only bug to get fixed.

That actually might be fixed in this build. Let me know one way or the other, please. :)

(We weren't able to reproduce the bug on our QA server, so we also weren't able to verify the fix there.)
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    May I ask if there is any word on the character transfer problem with gear and items being stripped?
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jcsww wrote: »
    "The Shard is Locked"! The Legacy of Romulus loading screen is a nice though.

Indeed. I guess at least the Title Screen is working.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    I am getting the feeling cryptic is going to release LoR AS IS with all the bugs included we have just over a month before release and still no romulans or klings for that matter.

Time is running out and if full testing on LoR doesnt start soon there wont be enough time to fix all the issues and bugs that will come with this enormous expansion.
    You don't know that, you may have the feeling, but they're going to be releasing Klingon and Romulan game play at the end of the month/beginning of May. That'll give the expansion enough time, since you can test every day with the faction, also, how do you know that they're not getting any feedback on some of the expansion that's already on Tribble? You know, like the UI elements, Tailor, and other such items?
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    dmfreddie_1426533189dmfreddie_1426533189 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    May I ask if there is any word on the character transfer problem with gear and items being stripped?

Ive worked out that its related to any fleet items in that area accept from how they're equipped to boffs...ill transfer fine and with gear if it is ordinary ships and c store ships not fleet store ships
    Join date: April 2010 ; Lifetime Sub since April 2010. Actual 1000 day vet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud Member of: Fubar Inc.
  • Options
    mirrorseacatmirrorseacat Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Wow, is it really necessary to be so rude when the Dev has put so much work into this?

-Seacat
  • Options
    farktoid5000farktoid5000 Member Posts: 72 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013

What gear specifically is being stripped?
    Follow your friendly neighborhood EQAH on Twitter! @CrypticEQAH
  • Options
    raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    also when is the character appearing on ground as the ship bug going to be squished...my defiant character still appears on ground as the defiant ship
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Last time I did it the ground gear was stripped but not the space gear. This was on KDF characters so it may be intended for the moment I suppose.
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jcsww wrote: »
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Wow, you put in real effort to be rude there hey? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Any thoughts on if or when the Reset and Randomize buttons will be added to the new character editor?

At the moment, none of them seem to work at all, and there's no global one, so my "special" costumes (such as MACO, Omega, or off-duty) don't stick and I have to completely rebuild them. On holodeck, I can just hit the global "reset" for whatever pane I'm on and it usually fixes it.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    You don't know that, you may have the feeling, but they're going to be releasing Klingon and Romulan game play at the end of the month/beginning of May. That'll give the expansion enough time, since you can test every day with the faction, also, how do you know that they're not getting any feedback on some of the expansion that's already on Tribble? You know, like the UI elements, Tailor, and other such items?

*Sigh* I give up

Each game has its own social climates its own does , donts and we dont care anyways and i already see that testing on this game is taken with a grain of salt.

So why should i care if no one else does i actually thought this was serious testing not a bunch of people acting like 5 year olds getting to play with a new toy first on their block.

A plee for common sense is responded to with foolish ignorance
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited April 2013

by my calculation, we have a little under a month and a half. That is hardly "just over a month". I am just as excited as anyone to roll a Romulan, but clearly from feedback I am seeing, Other elements in the expansion need some tweeking. And lets not forget, Klingons don't need to test nearly as much. Only about half the episodes (I am guessing here, haven't actually counted) are new. The rest presumably don't have any bugs that need to be found (since you didn't mess with them). So really there is still plenty of time to get everything fix.

And look at all the fixing they have done already.
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited April 2013

All ground gear on the Captain (but not boffs) and everything in the inventory and bank.
  • Options
    farktoid5000farktoid5000 Member Posts: 72 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    Last time I did it the ground gear was stripped but not the space gear. This was on KDF characters so it may be intended for the moment I suppose.

This will happen to older characters until later this week when a fix goes to Tribble. Rest assured it will not happen on Holodeck. Try transferring your affected characters again next week and if it is still happening, please let us know.
    Follow your friendly neighborhood EQAH on Twitter! @CrypticEQAH
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When will these known issues be fix? :)
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    [*]When in red alert, frame elements now pulse red slowly.

I get the feeling squidheadjax is going to murder me now. :o

Oh, also, is it me or are the animations for the characters that appear on your viewscreen now better and more subtle with this update?
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *Sigh* I give up

Each game has its own social climates its own does , donts and we dont care anyways and i already see that testing on this game is taken with a grain of salt.

So why should i care if no one else does i actually thought this was serious testing not a bunch of people acting like 5 year olds getting to play with a new toy first on their block.

A plee for common sense is responded to with foolish ignorance
    Wow, nice insult (/sarcasm)

Back to my last post to you... it IS only your opinion...

You may think that the bugs and everything to go with them will appear at the May launch, but you do not know for sure that it will happen. If you did, then you'd be able to do time travel or be clairvoyant (both of which are impossible, by the way).

Again, how do you know that they're not getting feedback? have you asked them if they are or aren't? if you didn't, then again, you do not know that they're not listening to player's feedback... how difficult is it to understand that?

Oh, by the way, I wasn't responding with foolish ingornance. You, on the other hand, have done nothing but complain unnecessarily. Also, calling someone a 5 year-old isn't the way to gain favor.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited April 2013

UI:
    • The glass background has been removed from the bridge officer tray.

EXCELLENT! That was one of the things I didn't like about the new ui, but I didn't say anything because I had a feeling it was a work in progress. Is there any way to remove it from our shield/hp indicator when we're on the ground? Or at least make it smaller, the way it is now feels big and bulky
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade