test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on Fleet Marks and Dilithium

Comments

• zix74itaelitezix74itaelite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    while this thread goes on WITHOUT any trace of the developers, I've lost two more fleet member to another game, those ppl are friends of mine in real life, they tried to play the game yesterday just to find out that they couldn't slot Boffs whitout a workaround and the temporal device (for wich we have worked HARD) now its just another piece of junk..

see whats happening? you want fleet to be bigger but what you are having now its the dissappereance of the small fleets.

I don't want to be part of a 500 members fleet i just want to play with my friend and not the one you force on me.

I JUST WOULD LIKE ONE OF THE DEV TO COME OUT AND PUBBLICLY STATE THAT THIS GAME ITS MEANT FOR LARGE PARTIES OF PEOPLE ONLY.
    So that we will be done with it and move to some other game where NORMAL groups of people are welcome (we really feel unwelcome here). I regret havin subscribed for so long and so are my mates (and you'll see it in 3 month when ours subs expire for the last time).
    I can't understand the logic of what your are doing but looks like you are pushing away single people and small group to replace them with what exactly? a herd?
    Cryptic and PWE should know that this does not stand and sure I (and my mates) will not ever consider to try another game by either of you untill this its sorted.
    Please do consider that WE are NOT here because the game its awesome but because its STAR TREK and the line in the sand its just about to be crossed!
    I like STAR TREK but not what you have done with it a mindless grindfest.
    You don't want small fleets? fine

Am I wrong in assuming that smaller fleets or single people are the more likely to spend real money on the game because they are not backed up by big fleets?

this post its not meant to troll, flame or whatever english its not my 1st language so be kind!!!
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wow 140 odd pages where's the devs?

Here's an easy fix that shows the devs listen to their customers, just put the rewards back to per 14th patch.

We get what we want and they get what they need, happy customers.

Yes I know will never happen.......
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • peter109peter109 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    the best thing the devs can start doing is to listen to their members, it is like a company that does not listen to its stock holders, eventually they will stop investing in the company,
    I played another game "avengers" and they did the same things that pw have started doing and I stopped playing, pw watch out we are you greatest asset don't upset us or we will walk and that will be game over!!!
    edited February 2013
    litchy74 wrote: »
    Wow 140 odd pages where's the devs?...

they are here (mods at least) http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=8127861&posted=1#post8127861
  • captain84101captain84101 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I may just not play until I see fixes for the bugs. My entire ability tray going into a 2 minute cool-down at random? Bridge officer slotting only works when beaming to my bridge? A 140+ thread of angry gamers? State of the game is the worst I have seen since the early days.

Someone else on here said it right. Make the game FUN and we will gladly fork over the cash for in-game content. The incessant grind for DIL and Marks is NOT fun.

Five marks here, a dozen there. Projects requiring 200,000 dil. It's ridiculous. Only people who don't have real lives with jobs, kids, friends and family can make any kind of real headway in this game.
  • mozemoze Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi, lets take a look at "The Template" (WoW template)

Normaly I dont post on forums but here I see a bit of distaste for the road they are going, and I do agree that it is the wrong choise.

But Here goes:
    The problem here is that the Theme Park MMO Template created by WoW has its downs, they need to slow us down to be able to create context that we can explore.
    The thing they have done is effective a big slow down. This is also Called grind, where you have to do a lot of missions that you do not wanna do, just to get the marks. There we have a part of the grind, but then the developer get what they want, that is more time.

There is no team in the world big enough to be able to pump out enough content for a The Park MMO, if not for the grind factor. They problerly wont say it like I say it but it seems to be the case.

I do hope that they are going to do something for this issue but I have my doubts about it.

I could rant alot about this but I my self do not like to long post so I will end it here and say, I hope the change it.
    edited February 2013
    moze wrote: »
    Hi, lets take a look at "The Template" (WoW template)

Normaly I dont post on forums but here I see a bit of distaste for the road they are going, and I do agree that it is the wrong choise.

But Here goes:
    The problem here is that the Theme Park MMO Template created by WoW has its downs, they need to slow us down to be able to create context that we can explore.
    The thing they have done is effective a big slow down. This is also Called grind, where you have to do a lot of missions that you do not wanna do, just to get the marks. There we have a part of the grind, but then the developer get what they want, that is more time.

There is no team in the world big enough to be able to pump out enough content for a The Park MMO, if not for the grind factor. They problerly wont say it like I say it but it seems to be the case.

I do hope that they are going to do something for this issue but I have my doubts about it.

I could rant alot about this but I my self do not like to long post so I will end it here and say, I hope the change it.

I partly agree with you BUT you can't keep a game enjoyable by nerfing or slowing everything every other patch.
    I agree with you when you say that there its no devs team in the world that can keep up with the expectation of any player base (content wise) but if you can't offer content may be you can just offer other small things like bug fixes (and the list its long) or may be a way to save ships, BOFFS and powers trays configuration (and I mean now not in a distand blured future), make everything account bound and not character bound, anyway you can only play with one at the time (and probably people will send more money in the game this way). I can think 1000s things they could give me and make me a lot happier without having to dish out new ships or content or loose money in the game (if ever i think that by making everything account bound they will pull in more players ence money).

((btw english its not my language please be kind to me))
  • miloflippermiloflipper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm not sure how that part gets lost on the people in charge. We will fork over money if the content is worth it.

I've never played WoW, but Blizzard must be doing something right having been around since 2004 and (even though they have recently experienced a drop in subs) have millions of people paying monthly to play.

In WoW you get a response from a GM within a couple of hours... in person. They send you a tell and talk to you like a normal person and give reasons why they can't help, if they can't. Then you get an automatic customer feedback survey of about 7 questions about how you were treated by that GM.

Here... I've sent two tickets and never had a response to either of them, closed them off after a couple of weeks. I don't know what GMs do in this game, but it has nothing to do with customer service for sure.
    edited February 2013
    patrickngo wrote: »

It's about having whole mission strings that make no sense for the faction you're saddling with them (make friends with the UNDINE? are you on CRACK?? Cuddly Epohhs for Klingon-what?? supporting ROMULANS? as in the back-stabbing, betrayers and traitors who tried to overthrow the Empire through stealth and deception?? Are you BAKED??)

Mate I ONLY play on kdf side and reading that just made me laugh my axe off...
  • mike1027mike1027 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    as of right now 12 of my friends and i are stopping our gold payments. why we have a fleet we did ior and we finished a project 1 project i will state every 3 days. and the biggest help was ior. we all played the pve fleet events and i will say it someone will deney it but they suck they do 25-40 mins for TRIBBLE . since this happened all i see in the chat box is projects have stopped and fleets are slowly bleeding. maybe not urs becuase ur tier 5 maxxed out well guess what nobody cares about ur tier 5 fleet people want to have their own fleet ior was 30% to them at least for marks.

on a side note i was going to get lts, but i decied not ive seen to many game company release stuff then shut down, sto is 3 years old and not getting better and the stat stuff they put out is TRIBBLE
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kyuui13 wrote: »
    "Mr. Stahl" and how he and his company have been treating us as nothing more than "metrics" has begun to wear on people

Instead of going with the ever popular "Wrong Sir , Wrong !" , I choose to go with an older classic , you see in truth I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK ... sort of ... : :cool:

PLAYER:
    I wanted to be ... a metric !

[singing]

I'm a Metric , and I'm okay ,
    I grind all night and I kill Borg all day.

CRYPTIC:
    He's a Metric , and he's okay ,
    He grinds all night and he kills Borg all day.

PLAYER:
    I search for Dil. or Hear of Targ
    I go to the lavatory.
    On Wednesdays I go craftin'
    But still no Mark 12 for me.

CRYPTIC:
    He'll search for Dil. or Hear of Targ
    He goes to the lavatory.
    On Wednesdays he'll go craftin'
    But still no Mark 12 for him.

PLAYER:
    I cut down more Borg , I skip cut scenes,
    I'll press F key a lot.
    I put on women's clothing
    And hang around at Quarks.

CRYPTIC:
    He'll cut down more Borg , he'll skip cut scenes,
    He'll press the F key a lot.
    He'll put on women's clothing
    And hang around at Quarks.

PLAYER:
    I need so much stuff, I have no time,
    I'll go to the Foundry !
    Not wanted there for clicky's
    Not for A-F-Keys , or Fleet Markeys.

CRYPTIC:
    He needs so much stuff he has no time,
    He'll go to the Foundry !
    He's not wanted there for clicky's
    Not for A-F-Keys , or Fleet Markeys ?!

He's a Metric , and he's okaaaay ,

:)
    edited February 2013
    dastahl wrote: »
    Over the next several months we will be adjusting where Fleet Marks are granted to be more in line with our original design - Fleet Marks are for Fleet Gameplay. This means that Fleet Marks will be granted in more places where Fleets group up for missions, because the reason you need Fleet Marks is to benefit the Fleet.

So why did you add the reward of 20 fleet marks when they replayed the 3rd Anniversary flagship mission for the free ships: Temporal Ambassador....which was only SOLOable???
    edited February 2013
    I partly agree with you BUT you can't keep a game enjoyable by nerfing or slowing everything every other patch.
    I agree with you when you say that there its no devs team in the world that can keep up with the expectation of any player base (content wise) but if you can't offer content may be you can just offer other small things like bug fixes (and the list its long) or may be a way to save ships, BOFFS and powers trays configuration (and I mean now not in a distand blured future), make everything account bound and not character bound, anyway you can only play with one at the time (and probably people will send more money in the game this way). I can think 1000s things they could give me and make me a lot happier without having to dish out new ships or content or loose money in the game (if ever i think that by making everything account bound they will pull in more players ence money).

((btw english its not my language please be kind to me))

I think this is some form of balance in new content vs bug fixes, yes I will agree that bug should be fixed but do you how many do you loose with these bugs and how many do you loose because the lack of new content.

Not that I will say they are doing it right, the problem here is proberly the size of the game and there fore the size of the dev team. And there budget.

I do hope they read these comment and think about them.
    edited February 2013
    In WoW you get a response from a GM within a couple of hours... in person. They send you a tell and talk to you like a normal person and give reasons why they can't help, if they can't. Then you get an automatic customer feedback survey of about 7 questions about how you were treated by that GM.

Here... I've sent two tickets and never had a response to either of them, closed them off after a couple of weeks. I don't know what GMs do in this game, but it has nothing to do with customer service for sure.

Here you have to take a look again in how the buissness works with these templates.

WoW have a big player base and that gives alot of money to work with, this gives the posibility to have more helpers to sort out these things.

Not that it shouldent be done here, but I simply thing that from the buissness end of this, its about profit. And yes that sucks, but the playerbase vs the profit in it, I belive is calculated and not thought as a gamer to a gamer would.

Just my opinion
    edited February 2013
    mike1027 wrote: »
    ... since this happened all i see in the chat box is projects have stopped and fleets are slowly bleeding. maybe not urs becuase ur tier 5 maxxed out

Many fleets will probably not see this for a few days, maybe even a few weeks as the pool of Fleet marks currently held by main characters and their toons slowly gets used up. Some slack will probably be taken up by doing more commendation assignments for fleet marks but eventually everyone will feel it and the fleet officers will have a hell of a time organizing 20 man PvEs, since they are so boring. This is when folk will leave to join bigger fleets, or stop playing.

I don't plan on doing any more foundary missions (the time is not worth the rewards), and I don't have any doff reps to 110k yet, so I won't be getting any more fleet marks for my fleet in the near future.....and nobody in my fleet has asked me where I used to get them from, so I also think many fleet officers have little clue how much this is going to affect them.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I mean no disrespect, but now there is no reason to do the Foundry missions at all.

STF elites give good dilithium AND Omega marks.
    (And no, don't nerf that. It did not end well last time.)

Also romulan and especially fleet marks are hard to earn.

It would be good to see some "Elite" romulan and fleet events that are relativly short (8-15 minutes ) but still give a good amount of marks.

The only fleet mission that gives relativly good amount of marks for the time invested is a Colony invasion with a very good team.

Also... who ever saw a fleet of 500 members? I have not seen one with over 50 members in a long time.

It may be better to adjust the amount of resources fleet projects cost based on the average fleet sizes, not a theoretical maximum fleet membership limit that is almost totally unheard of.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • wirtddwirtdd Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ok, explain me this please:
    The scaled cost system will only make that everybody create their personal fleets full of alts.
    How is this something positive in a mmorpg?
    Bastet
    edited February 2013
    wirtdd wrote: »
    The scaled cost system will only make that everybody create their personal fleets full of alts.

and what exactly would that change? you can only play one character at the time.
    and they could scale the thing on account bases instead on counting how many character are in a fleet.

(this is not my language be forgiving)
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    wirtdd wrote: »

1. It will still be less efficient than a group of N players, where N is the maximum of the lowest tier.

2. MMORPG hasn't meant "force everyone to group" since EQ was new. How is forcing everyone to play the same way "positive"?
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • wirtddwirtdd Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    1. It will still be less efficient than a group of N players, where N is the maximum of the lowest tier.

2. MMORPG hasn't meant "force everyone to group" since EQ was new. How is forcing everyone to play the same way "positive"?

Still, I highly doubt that PWE would ever allow this.
    Bastet
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    its just taken 1 and a half hours to make 50 fleet marks kdf side i like doing other stuff but its a waste of time Queing for fleet mark missions when im on KDF it takes about 15-20 mins sat doing nothing becase no one wonts to do a mission for 17 marks. its not worth my time if somethings not done soon im gone.
    if it takes 15-20 mins of Queing at week end wots it going to be like during the week 30-40 mins if im lucky.

COMPUTER GAMES ARE MENT TO BE FUN NOT JUST SAT THERE HOPEING OTHER PEOPLE Q FOR A MISSION WITH A LOW AMOUNT OF REWARD. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

still say cryptic are fools.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I understand the logic behind not wanting to limit the progression of smaller fleets, but personally I think there is/was a much better way this could have been done.

Starbases are huge and require a lot of personnel to run/maintain so those are perfect for the larger fleets. However, a huge starbase isn't logical for smaller groups or in this case fleets. The simplest solution would be to expand the current Fleetbase system to include a "fleet outpost".

Fleet Outpost: (based off of Utopia Planitia shipyard map)

Deck 1: Transporter room, turbolift, promenade, tactical wing/communication/ops, Fleet officer offices (ready rooms and conference room, Science wing/Medical

Accesible via turbolift

Deck 2: officer quarters, holodeck, lounge/messhall

Deck 3: Engineering, Shipyard

The tactical/ops section would be through the unused door on the left of the map and the science/medical would be through the unused door on the right of the map.

The only special projects would be addition of fleet logo, and upgrades to the lounge/bar.

Progression would be much the same as the larger fleet starbase but at a moderately less resource cost

Fleets reaching a predetermined size could have the option of transferring to a fleet starbase once the fleet outpost reached max tier and would start the fleet at Starbase teir 3.

Beyond the fleet system:

This change would also allow for the map to be used by foundry authors to create new missions based on more "functional" planetary outposts, along with cryptic made content.

This addition would also fill a void that is present in STO. All major "hub" bases have been starbases. Starbases take longer to build and require much more resources so it would only be logical that non-strategic regions or outter frontier regions would have only the smaller outposts. We did see this to some extent in the ST series.

Development resources:

Actually creating the outpost itself wouldn't really take that much time from the development team. The main section of the outpost already exists in the Utopia Planitia Map and being that deck 2 and 3 are the same structual layout as deck 1 it would be more of a duplicate map and then just placing the assests for each deck.

Because I'm not too familiar with the programming code I can't speculate on the time needed to implement this.

The important thing to keep in mind with this idea is that it isn't simply pandering to the smaller fleets, but that it adds a great number of possibilities not only from foundry authors but also cryptic content as well in addition to finally solving the fleetbase issues. This would also open up more opportunities/possibilities for the roleplaying portion of STO players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tjexcimer500tjexcimer500 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Some people here want to compromise; I say no.
    IOR's rewarded 50 FM and 960 dilithium for 15 minutes of gameplay.
    Now F-Missions reward 0 FM and 630 dilithium for 15 minutes of gamplay.

dastahl stated in his post:
    Hopefully this post helps to explain our position and why we continue to make the decisions we do. We want Fleet Progression to be a reward for Fleet Gameplay. We want players to earn more Dilithium. We want Foundry missions to have useful rewards. We want small Fleets to only be limited by group effort, not by artificial caps on progress.

We will continue to make progress towards those goals and welcome your feedback. Nothing is every "final" in MMOs, and your constructive comments are always valued.

It is not about what they want - it is about what we, the customers, want. The truth is that all they want is more money, but instead of earning it the right way - which is by creating new exciting content that we'd like and would pay for; they're just making it more difficult to obtain the existing (and rather dull) content they already created in S6.

If you wanted players to earn more dilithium and have f-missions with useful rewards; then why did you remove FM and reduce dilithium as rewards for f-missions?!?

Keep the customers happy; happy customers keep paying.
    Make the customers unhappy; unhappy customers go somewhere else.

Here is what will keep us happy:
    Forget the metrics that warn you that your year old additions to the game might be achieved this year by many gamers who worked diligently to obtain them; and instead concentrate on creating new missions and new content for us.

Eliminate the different marks - take the Omega/Romulan/FM and make just one mark.

Reduce the grind! Increase the fun!
    Every mission, including the episodes should earn marks and dilithium. You've already created some awesome missions - which can be played by a fleet (that's what my fleet does) - if you truly want us to have more and less grind - give us marks/dilithium for completing them.

In short - give us more across the game grid.

We are your customers. We are the ones spending our money for the product you produce. We are not metrics.

Improve the product and improve your income.

57. Good customers are as rare as latinum; treasure them.
    58. There is no substitute for success.
    89. Ask not what your profits can do for you, but what you can do for your profits.
    There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
    Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
  • crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I could actually get behind the idea of a universal "Mark" system vs having three different marks we have to somehow earn. Marks and dill are amazingly hard to get vs the amount I have to spend to get anywhere in the game. Hardly any new content so to me the only goal is to grind, grind,grind in hopes I can advance my fleet and get the best of the best stuff for myself in return, just to get better at PVE's.
  • smallrougesmallrouge Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    voicesdark wrote: »
    I understand the logic behind not wanting to limit the progression of smaller fleets, but personally I think there is/was a much better way this could have been done.

Starbases are huge and require a lot of personnel to run/maintain so those are perfect for the larger fleets. However, a huge starbase isn't logical for smaller groups or in this case fleets. The simplest solution would be to expand the current Fleetbase system to include a "fleet outpost".

Are you referring to the aesthetics of the starbase only? or would the personal equipment/ ships and such that a small fleet could attain be likewise limited? I could see it if reducing the grandeur reduced the building costs for small fleets as you are suggesting but I can not see it if the small fleets do not get the same access to good ships and such. After all, the Enterprise was the flagship, yet worked alone mostly rather than at the head of a huge fleet of ships.
    Another point is that even huge fleets have empty halls in their starbases for the most part right now... except the same number of random wandering NPCs that the small fleets have on their bases. The granduer of the current bases seems out of place on BOTH large and small fleets. How many people hang out on their base at ALL? I bet there are people who would like to have some fresh reasons to though. Like increasing the Off of the Watch FM reward.
  • allef1701allef1701 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think your missing the basic point, cryptic have had to increase the amount of Dilithium Ore obtainable, due to the increase in huge amounts of things to spend it on, that said, this kind of rampant escalation will not work.

I can spend my Dil on buying zen, fleet gear, stf gear, rom gear, embassy gear, starbase projects, embassy projects. You can earn unlimited amounts of Dil ore a day, but only refine 8K, thats the problem with dil. I had been in the situation before of having 3 days worth ore in stock waiting to refine it, so I didn't bother earning any, there was no point.

for example: the current 6 projects (tier 3 SB, tier 0 Em) that need Dil require at total of 1.2M dil, which takes 125 player days to refine.

End result, by handing out more Dil ore, nothing will change: restricting fleet marks, SB & Em projects will slow up even more.

I won't be playing foundry missions any more, I don't need the "bonus" dil.

Only 8K, no way....
  • thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    its just taken 1 and a half hours to make 50 fleet marks kdf side i like doing other stuff but its a waste of time Queing for fleet mark missions when im on KDF it takes about 15-20 mins sat doing nothing because no one wants to do a mission for 17 marks. its not worth my time if somethings not done soon i'm gone.
    if it takes 15-20 mins of Queing at weekend whats it going to be like during the week 30-40 mins if i'm lucky.

COMPUTER GAMES ARE MEANT TO BE FUN NOT JUST SAT THERE HOPING OTHER PEOPLE Q FOR A MISSION WITH A LOW AMOUNT OF REWARD. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

still say cryptic are fools.

I tried to do some fleet missions. I mean really tried to grind a few, but their so bad, take so long, then to see the measly payout you get for all that time and effort. As he said above, queuing on the KDF side takes a long, long time.

Their not fools, but they seem misguided in their assumption that the players are just going to roll over and be driven around our game like a kiddie rollercoaster.((I say 'our' because we're the ones dropping money in their pockets.))

So far we've been good and kept our grievances on this forum. I wonder what would happen if the rest of the interweb started hearing how a game designer was trying to hold its player base over a barrel...
  • solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I posted the following earlier but it got drowned in the Bile River.

Nice. Very smooth. Way to get your point across.

Thought you were better.
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • buzz0942buzz0942 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    my 2 cents:

i think putting back fm wouldnt change anything right now. this was just the last drop.

the real problems are laying much deeper - in my opinion they are:

- massive grinding
    - very poor designed and boring repetitive missions/events
    - reuse/copy-paste of (already bugged) code and selling this as something new
    - nerfing of things we like(d)
    - afk-leechers in stf/fleet events - and to know that cryptic knows and just ignores it
    - announcing amazing, fantastic and big new content and delivering something unfinished, untestet, economy-breaking that isnt fun to play
    - understanding new content as small modifications in: running around and klicking on things or flying around and firing on things (and now - brand new - running around and firing on things. i think you got the point.)
    - unable to deliver fixes for game-breaking things in time

And even though i can no longer belive a single word one "special" person here is saying that maybe or maybe not
    will be happen in the future (hi dan 'i know something but i wont tell' stahl - no offense) - i truly believe that with each patch constantly
    breaking more things than fixing is not their intention. so something must be going badly wrong internally or - they just have
    no idea what they are doing. i dont like both options.

i have really no idea what we can hope for:
    that cbs pulls the plug because they have to protect their ip from further harm
    or a chinese phone call saying: why u not making money?
  • thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    Bugs are a major problem. Especially in their highly touted Tau Dewa sector, where even the red alerts are broken.

Half the time missions don't give you the rewards their supposed to, and the rewards from the missions that happen to work are bread crumbs to the next measly payout. And stale bread crumbs at that...

There are major bugs that have been around since beta that players have incorporated into their game! How bad is it when you know you have a bug you have to plan your characters development around?

I don't think they realized the depth of a Star Trek fans dedication. Maybe they thought we were typical MMO players that just wanted to be driven around in their MMO world. This thread is the beginning of a message they need to hear. One they should have picked up on after the last debacle they tried, yanking dilithium out of STFs.

A large amount of great ideas have been put forth in this thread, but the one overriding fact is...

Cryptic, your game is fail.
This discussion has been closed.