test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on Fleet Marks and Dilithium

Comments

• thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    100 pages and no official response. Sad. :(

That's because their all at home, crossing their fingers this will all blow over by Monday. Only we, as the people supporting this game (( I say supporting like life support because god knows we're the only thing keeping it alive.)) we need to not let up and make our voices heard.

Arbitrarily changing things with no notice is bad business. Trying to sneak things past your customer base, again with hardly any notice, is bad business. No response to customer problems is bad business. Yet Cryptics done all this and more in this patch alone. Then tried to make it all good behind a wall of text that answered zero questions, made 180 degree policy changes, then alienated even more of their player base who are in small fleets. Lets not go into all the gobbltygook that's been put out there over the last year.

I feel like their basically telling us 'Tough s**t' and 'F**k off'

Cryptic being cryptic is fail. Maybe a bit more transparency is needed.
  • ferengitradersferengitraders Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Congrats on 100 pages for this thread alone (the third one on this topic, to my knowledge). My suggestions for an effective solution are as follows:

1) Dilithium is a time-based currency. Everything takes time, everything should give *some* dilithium. You get 5 dilithium for doing a duty officer assignment, all PvP, STFs and Foundry missions give dilithium, and Stahl has said they're open to adding dilithium to regular episodes. Omega Marks and Romulan Marks can already be converted to dilithium so what's missing from this picture? The Fleet Events! If I'm going to run Colony Invasion, Starbase Fleet Alert, Starbase Incursion, etc. at least give me some dilithium too so I don't have to do something else on top of that. That'll also help with Cryptic getting the dilithium metrics up -- though if they were truly worried about that they probably wouldn't have single fleet projects that cost millions of dilithium (enjoy the 2 million Tier 3 embassy upgrade and 3.6 million Tier 5 starbase upgrade).

2) Fleet Marks are needed in greater abundance. Not in May, right now. A fleet trying to get to Tier 5 will need something along the lines of at least 2,880 fleet marks per day on average. All fleet mark missions in game should be boosted by 50%, with a 'fleet week' once a month that doubles the rewards. The Officer of the Watch daily should be boosted from 5 fleet marks to 50 in order to give people a reason to come to their starbases that they've done over a dozen limited time projects for. Unlike the Foundry's IOR it is a daily (not repeatable every 30 minutes) and can *only* be done by people in a fleet (or at least, invited to a fleet holding). Also, fleet actions should always give fleet marks -- not just the daily.

These are relatively simple fixes and there is no reason it can't be added within the next patch.

Most definitely!!!!
  • khhawkeskhhawkes Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If I am not mistaken they may just have this monday off. Long weekend with a holiday on monday.
    edited February 2013
    khhawkes wrote: »
    If I am not mistaken they may just have this monday off. Long weekend with a holiday on monday.

pfft! Even better if your them then. Three days to cross your fingers and hope it blows over...
  • crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This has been said over 100 times, in several threads for several reasons...Lets start by I have played only one game in the past few months, logging in well over 1,000 hours, I have spent more then $50.00 on this game, and the honest reason for sticking around, is the fact that I have spent actual money on this. You keep botching the system, changing things, creating "bugs" then ignoring them to go on to botching some other part of the game, this game is NOT fun anymore, ever since the 3 yr event has been over you guys really screwed it up for us...great way to start out your new year...I doubt i will be sticking around for you to take any more of my money, see I didn't mind spending money on something when I got something in return (fun) in fact to be honest, cutting grass with a pocket knife is more entertaining then grinding for hours for worthless garbage.

If by the end of the month the fun has not returned, I'll be uninstalling it and turning away from cryptic/perfect world. because really, whats the point?
    AND I will be urging others to do the same to avoid feeling ripped off.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wooohoo over 1,000 posts....Fleet marks for all...Too soon?...i'll come back:P
    GwaoHAD.png
  • lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm surprised they haven't tried to smooth this over with a President's Day Weekend sale.

Not even an attempt at appeasement, just a flat out burrying of heads in the sand.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »

..and happy 101 pages anniversary!

This thread has to have broke some kind of record for STO forums.
    signwidrona.png
    edited February 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »

Ever the pragmatist..:P
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    idrona wrote: »
    ..and happy 101 pages anniversary!

This thread has to have broke some kind of record for STO forums.

Nope.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=145017&highlight=capulet
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
    edited February 2013

Well, you could say this thread took a shorter time to reach 100 pages (less than 48 hours for this, almost a month for your link.)

That has to be some kind of record for these forums :P
    edited February 2013
    Well, you could say this thread took a shorter time to reach 100 pages (less than 48 hours for this, almost a month for your link.)

That has to be some kind of record for these forums :P

hmmm maybe. harder to search for that.

• born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They should just add FM packs to the C-store.

Ranting will stop and everyone will be lining up to give them their money!:eek::P
    edited February 2013

Ranting will stop and everyone will be lining up to give them their money!:eek::P

Sad thing is you are probably right.
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Reality is they have a monoploy - there is nowhere else to get your Star Trek fix at present.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You keep botching the system, changing things, creating "bugs" then ignoring them to go on to botching some other part of the game, this game is NOT fun anymore, ever since the 3 yr event has been over you guys really screwed it up for us...great way to start out your new year...
    This has been Cryptics "politics" since STO went F2P and even before, if i remember correctly.

What bothers me most is how inconsequent they do things, starting with STOs ship mechanics where ships only look like Star Trek ships but work completely different, going to constant Fleet Mark changes at the Foundry daily and other dailys not even working. I don't want to start thinking about pressing Star Trek ships into a Stone/paper/scissor mechanic....
    Abilities getting constantly changed which can suddenly make your ship build completely useless from one day to another, in the worst case.

Apparently they want to give us more opportunities to get Dilithium, fine. But don't they remember they installed a 8000 Dilithium cap per day a long time ago?
    I wouldn't care for it if they wouldn't decrease the amount of Fleet Marks per mission at the same time. Everyone i know (including myself) constantly needs more Fleet marks, not Dilithium, at least not that much.
    Sometimes i think they don't even care to play the game by themselves from time to time, i know if it where a Star Wars of BSG game they would be much more enthusiastic and careful about it... :D

I too have the impression everytime they release a new patch, the game fails to work on some other area, if it's some technical thing or game mechanics.

Things like that don't raise confidence about their competence when it comes to making games in general. I wonder why companies keep giving them their IPs to make games, don't they even bother to look what they do with their product? :confused:

Really, i just don't get it...

Honestly my confidence in them is at a new low point.

Sorry if this has gotten off topic a bit.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • tjexcimer500tjexcimer500 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My sentiment is one of no compromise on this one. Undo this patch.

Restore FM to the foundry missions.
    At least 960 Dilithium for 15 min missions.

This "patch" which is meant to improve the game has decreased the dilithium/minute (not that dilithium is a big deal); and removed an enjoyable means to earn fleet marks without doing the same missions over and over and over again - or for those who may have preferred the Battleship Rumble - so what if they did that mission over and over and over again - maybe they were doing something like....having fun?

STO has become decidedly less fun for my small fleet since S7. One person in my fleet simply responded with: "So... They don't want us doing Officer Reports anymore? Okie Doke. "

As a well-paying customer here I will not spend one more dime on STO until the FM is restored and 960 dilithium is received for 15 minutes of Foundry missions.

No compromise is acceptable; I don't care if they add FM somewhere else; I don't care about some shriveled-dried carrot they'll hang in front of us.

You want me to spend money here again; then ADD content instead of taking it away.
    There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
    Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
  • kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Reality is they have a monoploy - there is nowhere else to get your Star Trek fix at present.

Indeed!! I'm geting my fix right after i post ths:D

About Foundry FM problem: I get my FM from doffs, (pls dont take that away or nerf it:(), so i realy dont care about taking FM from foundry.
    But i do agree incresing FM for fleet events and actions!! 17FM for 20min in Fleet Alert!? :confused:
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • deathstalker89deathstalker89 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Well not everyone is a 12 year old child that wait for mom and dad to give them money so everyone dont have alot of money to give PWE. That is part of the problem of this game you have to work your butt of to get anything in this game and you have to hard work on a job too. Then they want to only give you a small amount of reward (fleet marks) for your time like in starbase fleet alert most you can get is 22 FM with rep bonus, also you have to have 4 more peole that dont suck to get that. If you dont take a stand you will never be worth anything.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Dad: Son you have a problem you're addicted to Star Trek.

Me: What about you DAD!!! I found those tribbles under your bed...and I saw the pictures with the ears, That's why MOM left you for that guy dressed as a Wookiee. I got it From YOU!!!:cool:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • cratchmastercratchmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    David Gerrold, author of, "The Trouble With Tribbles" - "Star Trek fans are not a sleeping dragon that you want to poke"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Personally, I think Fleet Marks should apply as a reward for any event that requres five players or more. To encourage teaming, I would like to see bonus Fleet Marks as rewards to any 5 person team that complets any mission in the game with. Have it work with the following formula or something similar.

1 FM for every solo mission done.
    2 FM's for every 2 person run of any mission.

5 FM's for every 5 person run of any mission.

It's easy to fill in the blank there between 2 and 5. The only requirement for these bonuses would be is your toon would have to be in a fleet.
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm surprised they haven't tried to smooth this over with a President's Day Weekend sale.

Not even an attempt at appeasement, just a flat out burrying of heads in the sand.

One could argue the Kumari reveal and Ask Cryptic were attempts at diverting attention.
    edited February 2013
    David Gerrold, author of, "The Trouble With Tribbles" - "Star Trek fans are not a sleeping dragon that you want to poke"

I actualy enjoy poking dragons, never tried to poke a sleeping dragon though.....probably easier......

• cratchmastercratchmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You can rest assured that Cryptic will not make any comment on this issue in the immediate future. First off, long weekend. But secondly and perhaps most importantly, this isn't the first time they've upset the player base. Generally, their damage control strategy seems to be to go silent, knowing that eventually the unwashed masses will turn on each other, blaming player sub-groups for causing this. That's already happening so their strategy is working. In a few days Cryptic will offer their assistance with a half-hearted solution and players will accept it because, well Cryptic didn't cause this! By then, in our minds, it was the fault of PvPers, RPers, Foundry creators, Klingon players, basically ANYONE besides Cryptic. It's basic Business Ethics without morals, yet we blindly still support them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    One could argue the Kumari reveal and Ask Cryptic were attempts at diverting attention.

You mean apart from the fact that the Ask Cryptic was scheduled to go out yesterday and we get a screenshot each and every Friday of new and upcoming content?
    edited February 2013
    Also, Please remember when reading their figures that their Cryptics numbers, not the actual numbers players are actually putting up.

Cryptic comes to the conclusion you don't have a life and therefore can grind for 8 to 10 hours a day to get all of your available Omega Marks, Romulan Marks. Fleet Marks, EC and Lobis that you get from lockboxes opened with keys purchased with the EC you spent all day grinding for.

They most likely include accounts that have been abandoned now that the grind has hit WoW-like proportions.
  • lowqfahlowqfah Member Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    The real pain of this is that I have been waiting for the better part of an hour Klingon side for a mission to team with people for fleet marks. My fleet members are not always on. The foundry mark could have been lowered and accomplish slowing small fleet growth. Eliminating them, means when i am on at slow times of the day, i am unable to get fleet marks. this is not really acceptable as alot of the good gear/ships is tied up in the Starbase.
    edited February 2013
    lowqfah wrote: »
    The real pain of this is that I have been waiting for the better part of an hour Klingon side for a mission to team with people for fleet marks. My fleet members are not always on. The foundry mark could have been lowered and accomplish slowing small fleet growth. Eliminating them, means when i am on at slow times of the day, i am unable to get fleet marks. this is not really acceptable as alot of the good gear/ships is tied up in the Starbase.

If you play KDF, even during rush hour its a pain to get a full group together.

But the numbers don't lie right? KDF players are making to many FMs..XD
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Until they finally add Fleet Marks to PVP missions, it's always going to be laughable. Fleets PVP together, and yet don't get FM for doing it? They fight in Kerrat against the Borg but don't get Omega Marks or Nanos?

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
This discussion has been closed.