test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    slurmerslurmer Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    the queue is just growing no signs of me getting closer to get in, this i find frustrating.

What annoys me more is the free ships are rubbish (well fed ones)
  • Options
    kar1972kar1972 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I could give you lots and lots, I feel sorry of monthly subscribers (I was one of them) and LFT's.

When we are going to have better servers? When we are going to get stable servers? Not enough money PW?

Thank you.
    SFX Fleet Captain Kar
    Me on the Web
  • Options
    bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    On the upside I suppose I thought F2P was the death knell for STO so I am happy to see such a high demand for the game still after 3 years, I would be lost without it. Can only play so much Mass Effect and Gears of War etc,

2455 out of 10130
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • Options
    lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    3580 out of over 9000, so what ftp players should just give up today?
    probably dropped a hundred dollars this month in lockbox keys that didn't amount to didley squat but I guess i'm still 'ftp'.
    give up? or what?
  • Options
    deceon55deceon55 Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I thought Life time subcribers got moved to the front of the line when logging in. I find it hard to believe there are over 3000 lifers ahead of me. So what gives?
  • Options
    liam1requiemliam1requiem Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013

if your number is several thousand less than the queue, you have priority
  • Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i want in now :(
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wow - really need a better queue method.

I get in, I play the mission on one character to get my free ship. Finish it up, switch character, and I'm over 5k in queue. Seriously, it's on a per-character basis? Should be on a per-account basis...
  • Options
    juracejurace Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    cptvanor wrote: »
    SWTOR had massive queues for the first few weeks. So did some of the other games released around the same time. STO had queues to log in when S7 was released as well.

Hmm played SWOTOR when it was released in the UK, don't remember ever queuing. To be fair I am new to STO, only been here 4 weeks or so.
  • Options
    grahametrekgrahametrek Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I cant even get past 5% of patching so no chance of me seeing a Que for a while, you lucky devils. I'm a life timer too smh. How are they not ready for the volume of players that they brag they have?
  • Options
    ryuujinzeroryuujinzero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've been sat at slot 1337 ("leet!") for a good 10 minutes down, neither increasing nor decreasing in position, but the size of the queue increasing exponentially..

Is anyone actually *getting* in? - It feels like the queue is basiclly at a standstill
  • Options
    prrgg1prrgg1 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, I don't have a sub and I'm 1698, that being said, I've been 1698 for a while now. So I'm not sure how the whole priority thing works, as there are few who say they have a sub and are placed behind me.
  • Options
    cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Being close to dead last in a queue of over 6000 seems to contradict that, though.

Joining the queue at 6000 in a line of over 9000 seems to be exactly what you paid for.
  • Options
    starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    10,000 People... Holy mother of Kirk...
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Haven't budged from #2254 since i tried to login 10min ago :mad: I know its not frozen though as the number of people in queue keeps growing, 9953 now.

The priority does seem to be working as i came in at 2254 of about 7k at the time.
  • Options
    thor759thor759 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To be told that one is in position 2496 out of 8947 and growing suggested a major **** up with the patch and new network routing. Extremely disappointing performance and warrants a refund!
  • Options
    kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think I'll be back tomorrow... I'm not in a good mood to play today anyway
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • Options
    dirtybag101dirtybag101 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    2891 of 9324 and the second number keeps growing ... i wait now over 20 Minutes and not moved a single Position up? to what time iam supposed to login? 2015?
  • Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    10 mins and queue position has not changed. although i see people on my friends list logging off and back in again. Life time sub bah !!
  • Options
    michaelteiguemichaelteigue Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A very high demand? If there is a very high demand then there should be a very high number of servers to accomodate that very high demand, surely?

As it is, I am still 1275 but now there are 9774 waiting to log in -- I haven't moved up in the queue yet and I am LTS. LTS and Gold members have paid to play and we can't because there are not enough servers to let us in to play. Why are there not enough servers? And why was I d/c'd so that I had to try to relog and end up in a queue? This is a fiasco, to be quite frank.
    Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    the event lasts for 14 days, so no need to rush.. im sad i will miss out on my DOFFing though..

gonna get some sleep :D
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    anyway, more than 12k players in queue... i'm wondering how many player are in:eek:
  • Options
    lambsia77lambsia77 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mmm 1182 on 12000 player ? :O
  • Options
    rybaksixrybaksix Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Im a lifer and I'm 3820 out of 10k + -_-
  • Options
    damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Really? I'm 791 in a que that continues to go up but my position hasn't changed in 30+ minutes. GRRRRRR!
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • Options
    cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jurace wrote: »
    Hmm played SWOTOR when it was released in the UK, don't remember ever queuing.

You clearly weren't playing SWTOR at release then. The queues were huge and everyone complained about it 24/7 both in the US and UK.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's working, I'm watching it :)
    Not sure we're watching the same thing. Been 69th for nearly an hour and haven't moved one spot.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They don't wait, until there's no other gold/life using reserved space
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1575 in line for over twenty minutes and have not moved, Kinda figure all that priority log in stuff is just a bunch of lies Cryptic puts out there.
  • Options
    dralthcaandralthcaan Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I know after all these (3) years it shouldn't surprise me when something like this happens... but you would think that they would at least reserve a certain number of position for lifetime subs so there isn't this EXTREME wait :mad:

currently 3363 of 11k+