test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    double post...

So...were these changes Borticus was suggesting just out of his rear or was there pushback from above (PWE) and/or below? (PvPers)
  • magniacapramagniacapra Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So...were these changes Borticus was suggesting just out of his rear or was there pushback from above (PWE) and/or below? (PvPers)

Zero push back as far as I've seen, most don't even think it's enough.
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013

In the lobi store the jem hadar set doesnt have the specs so people pay 200 lobies to get it.They will keep it 200 till the "news" about how they screwed it with the set gets to more ears and people will stop paying for it.Remember that that 50 lobi cystal difference is more than 10 keys if you get 4 lobies each time .
  • ruinsfateruinsfate Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just logged in to check. 2% stealth detection on deflector (whoopidy-do) +5 passive weapon power from the engine (yay!) and the sheild now has the same regen and bout 500 less cap than the MACO. However, the set bonuses are the same as they were BEFORE the patch.

When are the promised buffs for those going in? And when am I getting my 50 lobi back?
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My friend who is lucky enough to get ingame and isnt effected by the broken patch server login issues many are experiencing, was able to see that the jem xii purple set is still 200 lobi. As well that the only things that were adjusted were shields a tiny bit better, engines a tiny bit better, and def i think tiny bit better. Certainly none of the stuff bort was saying that would be coming. I feel bad for bort with the flak he is going to get from the lack of a boost as was expected and detailed by a dev. I take it one of the other devs stuck his nose in and said god no thats too many changes just adjust a few things up by 1 or 2% and well do that which obviously is a insult to the players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • srspellssrspells Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    the issue is bort never stated it be out in one patch, this was an emergency patch for the esd npc issue, so I bet thurs when were get all the changes for the jemmy stuff.
    -Spells
    || Open Door Policy ||
    | Dues Ex Mechina |
    Fleet Leader
  • eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hello STO'ers!

Figured I'd pop in and shed some light on the subject... The feedback we've gotten on these new features has been helpful (despite the hostility of some of it), and we've taken some time to improve the features a bit.

Before I detail the improvements we'll be making, I'd like to remind players that we still intend for STF/Omega and Starbase/Embassy gear to be superior in scope to items that can be obtained from Missions and/or Lobi Store. It's possible that our original blog was worded in a way that could easily be misinterpreted to mean otherwise, but it was not our intent to imply that the Jem'Hadar Mk XII upgrades would end up having similar stats/bonuses/procs to Omega & Fleet gear. Our intent was, instead, simply to allow this gear to remain somewhat competitive in our more difficult end-game content. It's an upgrade, not a fundamental re-design.

With that in mind, here's a list of some of the changes to the Jem'Hadar Space Set that've been made internally, and should appear with next week's update:

- Lobi Price on Space Set upgrade reduced from 200 to 150, to match with other Set Upgrade item prices.
    - Space Shield has received more Capacity and Regen rate.
    - Space Deflector's Stealth-related bonuses have been doubled.
    - Space Engine's Weapon Power bonus has been doubled (just the static buff, not the Efficient part)
    - Dominion Synergy (2pc Bonus) has had its bonuses increased by 50%.
    - Antiproton Sweep will now disable Cloaks for longer (12sec, vs 10sec), drain more Shields per use (approx 20% increase), and recharges faster (90sec vs 120sec).

I do not know if it's just a visual ussue but:

the space shield regen rate is still the same
    the dominion synergy bonus is still the same
    the dominion sweep still recharge in 2 minutes and the shield damage is the same

Very, very, very disappointed.... I feel tricked!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • srspellssrspells Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    and should appear with next week's update:

this means thurs day's patch as thats regular patching, not mondays, this was an emergency patch.
    -Spells
    || Open Door Policy ||
    | Dues Ex Mechina |
    Fleet Leader
  • sussethraisussethrai Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I haven't read completely through the 21+ preceding pages, but I would like the "Victory is Life" antiproton sweep to actually do something. It reveals Donatra's location when she cloaks, but only for a few seconds when she usually stays cloaked for 20-30 seconds, and you still can't target her. It does very little to other NPCs (I haven't fought other Jem'Hadar ships since getting my bug, so YMMV). It's a shiny effect, but have seen very little utility.
    "Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
    Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?
  • kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    With the new patch Mk XII Jem'Hadar Space Set have been upgraded so...

Are they worth it now?

Can someone post the new stats?
  • mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

PvPers wouldnt push against jem set improvements lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • cletusdeadmancletusdeadman Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I see part of the mods were implemented today. Those might have just been the fast and easy ones- read low hanging fruit.
    I will hold my judgement until thursday's patch notes are released to see the other mods for this set.
    Let me state that I feel the price issue is secondary to the actual improvements to the set powers to make them worth their cost, regardless of Cryptic's newly announced position of Omega/MACO gear to be the top tier in the game.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It looks like the Jem boff's outfit.

Here, I predictably made a Fem'Hadar.

I'm not crazy about it being restricted to armor but I'd probably buy one if they did this with Cardassian armor.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2013
    I have some clarifications to make on the Jem'Hadar Space Set Upgrade... and an apology to issue.

First off, the changes to the 2- and 3-piece Set Bonuses should be heading down the pipe soon. While I listed them in my initial reply in this thread, those changes were submitted at a different time from the equipment stat upgrades, and were not cleared for this morning's Holodeck update. So, Dominion Synergy and Antiproton Sweep will both be improved in the very near future, and the fact that those changes didn't show up in this patch is not cause for alarm.

As for the Lobi Price change, I need to apologize for spreading incorrect information regarding its price. As it turns out, the price of this item was deliberately set at its current level, and was not a bug as I had initially assumed when I checked in the prior code fix and posted in this thread about it.

The Space Set Upgrade will not be changed from its current price of 200 Lobi as I had previously posted, and will instead remain at its current price point.

Lobi Store item prices may occasionally be changed, as stated in our Lock Box FAQ. But if we choose to make such a change, it will be as part of a publicized promotional event of some sort, rather than a sudden patch of this nature.

I, again, apologize for the incorrect pricing information. The rest of the improvements to this set will be appearing on Holodeck in the very near future.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    if lobi was account bound we might buy it.

till then.. its pointless to bother opening boxes for lobi.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wrong thread........
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Eh yeah they need to phase out this stuff like lobi, doff 25/100 capcity, and fleet ships being character only. Reputation I believe should be too except I can see the items still costing marks and dilithium each out of the rep system but would be nicer to be able to enjoy using all this stuff that comes out instead of like a grind to get as many toons as possible before the next season hits. Its just becoming more like a job than having any fun tbh.

As far as the set it needs to be equal or better if lobi and such as stated if its going to be per character it better be made to actually be able to have a value you guys are selling it for. Its kinda like if I owned a hotdog stand and put my price at a million dollars for hot dogs I better be getting enough to feed a whole city.
  • mikediggermikedigger Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I just wasted 200 lobi to upgrade it and it is not giving me the promised 8% boost to polaron weapon it gives exactly ) boost, I used it and died like a fruit fly
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have some clarifications to make on the Jem'Hadar Space Set Upgrade... and an apology to issue.

First off, the changes to the 2- and 3-piece Set Bonuses should be heading down the pipe soon. While I listed them in my initial reply in this thread, those changes were submitted at a different time from the equipment stat upgrades, and were not cleared for this morning's Holodeck update. So, Dominion Synergy and Antiproton Sweep will both be improved in the very near future, and the fact that those changes didn't show up in this patch is not cause for alarm.

As for the Lobi Price change, I need to apologize for spreading incorrect information regarding its price. As it turns out, the price of this item was deliberately set at its current level, and was not a bug as I had initially assumed when I checked in the prior code fix and posted in this thread about it.

The Space Set Upgrade will not be changed from its current price of 200 Lobi as I had previously posted, and will instead remain at its current price point.

Lobi Store item prices may occasionally be changed, as stated in our Lock Box FAQ. But if we choose to make such a change, it will be as part of a publicized promotional event of some sort, rather than a sudden patch of this nature.

I, again, apologize for the incorrect pricing information. The rest of the improvements to this set will be appearing on Holodeck in the very near future.

Thanks for the update.
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lol well.... to jemhadar they believe they are dead and only battle brings them to life. Thus victory is life.

Not when it comes to the set it seems death is life.... ironic. Stick with the big three, omega, maco, and borg.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can someone post the revised XII Jem space set specs?

Edit: nvm
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Appreciate the update Jeremy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Eh yeah they need to phase out this stuff ... and fleet ships being character only.

Ummm, no?

Fleet ships are character only because that character is IN (or at least had access to at some point) a fleet capable of "building" the ship.

You can't dismiss and reclaim a fleet ship. It's not an unlock, it's a character bound item.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    Ummm, no?

Fleet ships are character only because that character is IN (or at least had access to at some point) a fleet capable of "building" the ship.

You can't dismiss and reclaim a fleet ship. It's not an unlock, it's a character bound item.

Far too expensive to be a "character bound item" and not an unlock. They cost about as much as regular Tier 5 C-Store unlocks, yet also require fleet ship provisions and the fleet shipyard to reach the needed tier.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ok finally got back the game due to the launcher issue yesterday and will start playing it tonight but need to know if the MK XII jem hadar set for ground and space is it now worth it. I have most of the MX XI set and want to upgrade it but if the stats are still rubbish I won't be getting the lobi for it.
    So after the update what are the view now on it would they work in PVP and PVE or shall I just stay well away and use my lobi for something else.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The Jem'Hadar Ground Armor Mk XII finally gives a unique look as long as you are wearing it so that might be worth it. Don't think it has changed at all since Thursday. With the space set, it all depends on if you are willing to spend 200 lobi or up to $50 on it for some improvement on a space set that is free.
  • theboilermantheboilerman Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If there is something else that you are eyeing with that lobi, I'd say don't upgrade. I haven't upgraded the ground set because the "look" isn't worth it to me. I did upgrade my space set, mainly because I've been using the XI set anyway and I don't see anything else worth spending my lobi on at the moment.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I havent got the lobi yet but was going to be tempted to get some lockboxes if it was worth it. Chances are from the two comments so far it isn't worth it so may not bother.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    No, do not upgrade, at least for the time being. The Mk XII stats are horrid and is not worth a 200 Lobi purchase.

If you are the type that must have all the looks, the only aspect thats different is the armor look, and even that won't give you proper Jem'Hadar coloring scheme nor does it come with the white drug tube attached to the armor.

Until they give the Mk XII Ground and Mk XII Space a proper stats boost, stay clear. Currently there is no difference between the Mk I and Mk XII sets - only one ot two numbers that doesn't even matter much.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wait. The 200 lobi price will hopefully be revised down. At one of the most expensive sets in the game to obtain, the Mk XII (even post buff) does not compare to the Omega reputation sets.
    EnYn9p9.jpg