test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Gateway: Feedback and Discussion

Comments

• ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    Getting an invalid security certificate error message.

I'm getting this message too.

/\
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited March 2014
    I've been using the gateway for quite a while, but I feel like instead of a web based program...

It should become an App for the IOS/Android devices...

This would make it much much easier to handle...

Just and Idea!!! Make "gateway" an APP and i'll be happy... :D
  • neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Make it an App and I won't since I won't be able to use it :P

Still waiting on the Spire Provisions to be included in Gateway, very difficult not being able to track these.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is a public API still in the plans for the Gateway? If not, am I allowed to make one? As a proof of concept, I made a private one and got it working, so I wonder if this might interest the devs or the community in general (provided it doesn't break any rules).
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• nickhurlnickhurl Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What is happening with the gateway app now we're apparently stuck with ARC for getting to the game launcher? I have been have increasing success logging into 'Gateway' despite the incessant verification system, of late. However, now I can't get even the web page to open, as Arc takes over & squashes the app opening!
    Has it been scrapped, suspended?
  • lostpinky101lostpinky101 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    tk79 wrote: »
    Is a public API still in the plans for the Gateway? If not, am I allowed to make one? As a proof of concept, I made a private one and got it working, so I wonder if this might interest the devs or the community in general (provided it doesn't break any rules).

+1 to this big time. Let's get the api going or some better in game fleet controls. At least with an api I could track my members ranks and auto apply that info to my fleet website.
    Founding Don
    - Ausmonauts
    - Imperial Ausmonauts
    ausmonautsportal.enjin.com
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Does STO gateway use Flash Cookies instead of nomral cookies? I clear my Flash Cookies periodically (using a FireFox extension) because I know certain sites like using them to hide tracking stuff, settings, etc, from users (since most browsers are not built with a way to clear them).

It seems like I have to do that one time code nonsense everytime I use gateway (even though I tell it to remember my browser), and I almost never clear normal cookies, so I can only assume Gateway uses Flash Cookies. If so, this is a serious inconvenience for me.
  • melodywilliamsmelodywilliams Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why isn't my personal image displayed on the Personal Info page? I only see an outline of a face and of the body. :(

The images for doffs are displayed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] MJ Williams
  • tosveteranstosveterans Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes I have been having the same problem since it started. I could see my BOFFS but not my character.

If someone has been working on an app then it would be nice to take a look at it.

Cheers!
    edited April 2014
    Spire Provisions are still not visible in gateway, projects also don't recognise discounts from the Dilithium Mine. Can we please have these fixed it has been nearly six months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    As much as I love Gateway,
    (put a smile on may face when I had it on Kindle,
    and found myself looking up from my driveway),
    I am really sick of entering the "one time" code.
    After about 50 times, it is just a pain, and frankly deters me from bothering to look at it at all.
    My online banking doesn't give me this hassle, and I'm sure it's a hell of a lot more "secure".

I just think this is overkill, and hope it can be altered.

Until then, it's just not worth the hassle. I'm seldom going to use it anymore.

Hoping for a change,
    Steve
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • warchild9962warchild9962 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    In the past we would do the following:

How do I access one of the Public Test Servers and transfer a character to it?
    1.Navigate to http://sto.perfectworld.com/community/tribble-test and log in with your Account Name/Password
    2.Read through the information on the page and click the 'Sign up!' button at the bottom
    3.Select a character you wish to transfer from the "Character" drop-down menu and select which Test Server you want from the "Server" drop-down menu
    4.Click 'Copy Character'
    5.Open the STO launcher, log in with your Account Name/Password, and select either Tribble or Redshirt
    6.Once patching is complete, click 'Engage'

But now... when I go to that webpage I'm redirected to the ARC and I have yet to find a section to copy my toons over to Tribble.

So where is it???

WarChild
  • notaris7notaris7 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I noticed that many people are now using the gateway to look at other people's ship build and personal character's weapons, armour etc. So I tried this out.

The way its done is quite clever. You log in as normal, with your username and password, and then select one of your characters. On the next page, look at the URL. At the end of it, in brackets, you will see your character, e.g. mine is 'Koloth@notaris7'. To view someone else's character in the gateway, merely replace your character@handle with their's. Bingo!

I was told how to do this by another player. However, I noticed that when I try to view the pages of certain others, I am unable to view their build. Instead of the usual page which says "Personnel report for...whoever, it says 'Classified'.

Does anyone know why this is?
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    notaris7 wrote: »
    I noticed that many people are now using the gateway to look at other people's ship build and personal character's weapons, armour etc. So I tried this out.

The way its done is quite clever. You log in as normal, with your username and password, and then select one of your characters. On the next page, look at the URL. At the end of it, in brackets, you will see your character, e.g. mine is 'Koloth@notaris7'. To view someone else's character in the gateway, merely replace your character@handle with their's. Bingo!

I was told how to do this by another player. However, I noticed that when I try to view the pages of certain others, I am unable to view their build. Instead of the usual page which says "Personnel report for...whoever, it says 'Classified'.

Does anyone know why this is?

press O to open the friends/teams page.
    look at the bottom right for the 'privacy' button.
    'allow others to see your character on gateway'
    i believe it is set to 'yes' by default, but some ppl turn it off
  • ehlimehlim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hello everybody,

I'm on fieldwork in Spain and I don't have my badass pc so I can't log into the game. Reading the news, the forum and watching videos keeps me in touch with the game and this is good :)
    For all of you who are now playing Season 9, cheers! Enjoy! and thanks to the devs, you're awesome!
    I would like to talk about the Gateway, I have a couple of ideas, first of all let me say that I've had an enormous amount of problems trying to log into the system since its launch, now it seems to work, so, thank Q for that.

1) the Gateway could be a good way to get in touch with the game if it allowed me to figure on record as if I had logged in the game (maybe with a tag indicating "gateway login"). This way my fleetmates could see the record of my log in on the fleet roster and know that I'm not dead or that I don't intend on leaving the fleet!

2) a "mail" feature could be very useful to have in the Gateway. Would be nice to be able to read and send ingame mail through that.

3) contributing with a duty officer is currently bugged (doesn't properly load the icon and when you select the doffs you want to send and click "Allow"nothing happens). Maybe you already know of this issue.

IDEAS... of interactivity and simulation, for the trained officer of the future!

Now that we have all this new customization wealth (traits, kits etc.) it would be amazing to be able to actually change these parameters from the Gateway, and then see detailed info on the setup. That way the system could be used as a testing ground! Much like a virtual training session for officers (isn't that cool and immersion-delving?). To stretch it, it would be perfect to have an actual tool embedded in the Gateway that makes calculations on your setup. For instance: referring to the ship loadout, a button saying "fire" would display, when pressed, a damage output of your forward arc or full weapon complement against a standard target with given parameters.
    This concept can be applyied to many other kind of simulations... for instance in the future, pre-made simulation scenarios could be added maybe as player generated content (done with a small addon to the Foundry !!!:eek:!!) that can have all the flavours of the world, imagine something directly from the Show: a Jem'Hadar boarding simulation--->the tool only has to have parameters for Jem'hadar NPC and then put them against the ones from your away team and display the result in term of casualites and even predict if a certain objective will be achieved or not (e.g. if Away team mbr 1 outputs 100dmg to Jem'hadar and the JH outputs 50, the tool would display a projected casualty for JH. Now, if that was the only enemy and the simulated scenario has the player activating a console protected by JH to win ---> checks if player is still alive and if yes --> WIN) :cool:

I could go on but that's the idea, tell me what you think, is it exciting, is it wanky? both?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mjamboreemjamboree Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    First, I think it's neat that this is available, but looking at someone's character only has limited use.

I would just like to say that it would be fantastic if we could manage various things about our character from the gateway: Mail, Bank accounts, Exchange, in-game chat, fleet donations, doff missions and such, manage character and boff equipment and ship loadouts, and possibly even switch ships.

Also, I'd suggest to create a Windows 8 app/Windows 8 Phone app if it's not already in the works.

Just my two cents!
  • cousteau1701ecousteau1701e Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd like to say that I think this tool has a lot of potential. I would use this virtually every day if it at least had access to the Reputation System and the Duty Officer System. Mail, Bank, Exchange, Inventory and Account Bank are all nice options too, but they would really only help to support the Rep and Doff systems. I know the Fleet System is already accessible, but it's buggy from what I have read. The Reputation system is based off the Fleet system. I think if you have the Fleet, Rep and Doff systems available through Gateway and you announce it well enough, it would be something many players would use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    Spire Provisions are still not visible in gateway, projects also don't recognise discounts from the Dilithium Mine. Can we please have these fixed it has been nearly six months.

Its now seven months, which is frankly ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mjamboree wrote: »
    First, I think it's neat that this is available, but looking at someone's character only has limited use.

I would just like to say that it would be fantastic if we could manage various things about our character from the gateway: Mail, Bank accounts, Exchange, in-game chat, fleet donations, doff missions and such, manage character and boff equipment and ship loadouts, and possibly even switch ships.

Also, I'd suggest to create a Windows 8 app/Windows 8 Phone app if it's not already in the works.

Just my two cents!

Why play the actual game at all with all those tools?
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As much as I love Gateway,
    (put a smile on may face when I had it on Kindle,
    and found myself looking up from my driveway),
    I am really sick of entering the "one time" code.
    After about 50 times, it is just a pain, and frankly deters me from bothering to look at it at all.
    My online banking doesn't give me this hassle, and I'm sure it's a hell of a lot more "secure".

I just think this is overkill, and hope it can be altered.

Until then, it's just not worth the hassle. I'm seldom going to use it anymore.

Hoping for a change,
    Steve

Agreed, the one time go can end up being a dozen times easy. Beta or not this needs resolution.

On the subject of resolution, I would just like to ask for you guys to increase the graphics quality in the Gateway for BOFFs. They look 32bit.

And why can you no longer see Captains? When Gateway was first released I could see myself, but now no Player Character exists in the gateway. Will this be restored...ever?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • onehappytapewormonehappytapeworm Member Posts: 106 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Why play the actual game at all with all those tools?

Have you checked out Neverwinter Online? Go see what the Gateway there does for you. You can manage professions (similar to Doffs). You can buy and sell at the Auction House. You can read and send mail (but NOT collect items, which when you buy from the Auction House the item is mailed to you). Your Companions (similar to Boffs) have a mini game feature on there too. I can literally play for hours on my phone in that collecting up some money and low end vendor trash. I can even refine my Astral Diamonds (Dilitihum).

Even with all that there is still a ton I cannot do via Gateway, so I do log in and play that way too.

I am no software savy guy, but I imagine they built NWO with the Gateway in mind, while STO the Gateway came after. Might be more difficult to build this interactivity after the fact. I would be nice if they did get around to adding all that though.
  • geriszgerisz Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hi all!i have a problem with login,i have perfect world acount ,but when i try to login with my account gateway said permision issue,or invalid user mesage.
  • startrek1warsstartrek1wars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I can see my character, although the costume is one that I no longer have. :confused: Also, thanks for fixing the rarities of items! That was bugging me for a while. Up next on my wishlist: traits. Pretty please?
  • altairibnlahdanaltairibnlahdan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My computer recently busted, and I would just like to keep my reputation and duty officers going while I try to get a replacement. The Gateway seems like it would be the best way for that to happen. I would really appreciate if those functions became part of the Gateway.
  • spockonflowersspockonflowers Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Maybe this is already the direction the development team is working toward with the gateway, but I would like to suggest that the entire STO experience could be improved if a phone/tablet application were developed using the gateway to allow gamers to share control of a ship in combat/missions.

Right now I sometimes play the game with my daughter, letting her control firing while I steer the ship and activate various powers. Ideally, I'd like her to have a phone app that displayed only a select set of controls and perhaps some additional information related to what she's doing.

In space, the select set of controls could correspond to Star Trek stations, such as tactical or science or engineering and would contain the related powers to activate. It could also contain a specific display screen that would provide specialized information for the position -- like a tactical display might have a quick summary of number of enemies and current status. It might have a display that centers on the ship and shows enemies moving around in relation to it. A science console might show enemy ship power levels and key information about enemy ship capabilities and perhaps target points for taking out weapons or shields that the science station would have to convey to tactical for them to try to take out shields or weapons.

In ground mode, things would be simpler, with the phone app giving the other players the ability to control other members of the away team.

Finally, I would think these consoles would have their own action or at least an additional action queue shared between all consoles.

This addition would potentially make game play more like being part of a star trek crew where running a ship or an away team mission is much more about coordination with others than just individual ability.
  • dyflmezdyflmez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Has anyone made an API to get the information that the gateway offers programmatically?
    --
    Dygear
    Vallhalla's Rising Fleet
    Webmaster & TS3 Server Op.
  • rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My computer recently busted, and I would just like to keep my reputation and duty officers going while I try to get a replacement. The Gateway seems like it would be the best way for that to happen. I would really appreciate if those functions became part of the Gateway.

Ohh I feel for you there. My computer recently died as well and I would defentally at least like to be able to DOFF STO Gateway like I can do with Professions in the Neverwinter Gateway.
  • mattmansth3emattmansth3e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hi all, first off I'd like to state i love the ideas for sto gateway.
    Whether it be an app or webinterface makes no differrence in my opinion, the only important factor is its being developed and updated..
    There is 1 feature that would really ressurrect this from the stagnant near death state its in right now; the possibility to keep your doffs at work
    Will this be rolled out or will the community have to develop some open source unofficial app or website, as one person already did to the point of proof of concept.?
    Chat functionality would also be nice but not at all as critical as doffs
    Thanks in advance bubye
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dyflmez wrote: »
    Has anyone made an API to get the information that the gateway offers programmatically?

I'm trying to get one up, but I'm lacking free time to work on it.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• dyflmezdyflmez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tk79 wrote: »
    I'm trying to get one up, but I'm lacking free time to work on it.

If you show me what you have, perhaps we can combine resources?

Setup a github repo, and we can share our efforts that way.

You can find me at:

http://github.com/Dygear

If you have a name for the project that'd be great ... STO Gateway API / STO Gateway SDK?
    --
    Dygear
    Vallhalla's Rising Fleet
    Webmaster & TS3 Server Op.
This discussion has been closed.