test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Gateway: Feedback and Discussion

Comments

• quintoneasttnquintoneasttn Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Umm.. my first post, hoping I'm doing this right.

I am having difficulty getting online through the (portable?) gateway. Usually when I click on the ARC's "Star Trek Online" button, another window pops up which I think is the gateway. It loads patches and then the blue button at the bottom says "Engage" when everything is up-to-date. Today is Sunday and there are no buttons at the bottom, just a short message saying "Unable to authenticate". The internet search says that this type of message occurs when the star trek online server is down, but I have found no mention of a scheduled shutdown for today (11/17/2013). It was down yesterday, I think, but should be down today. Below is the screen pic I took of that small gateway window:

11587627.jpg

I am hoping that my ARC or Gateway isn't broken. I'd have to download everything again and it took forever to do that last time. Can anyone help with suggestions?
  • denshibushidenshibushi Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I can not donate to the fleet projects through the gateway. Is anyone else having this problem? Also, I have noticed that sometimes the project will actually be started and the gateway shows time to finish, but also says it is some % complete.
  • chuggernaut12chuggernaut12 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is there a way to request a resend of the one-time code? Mine seems to have gotten lost on its way over.
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited November 2013
    Is there a way to request a resend of the one-time code? Mine seems to have gotten lost on its way over.

log-in from a different browser/computer
  • artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    still would be nice if there was a
    option to browse fleets on gateway.
  • confedinblueconfedinblue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I like the gateway--I can't wait for more features to be added, and for fixing the bug with donating to fleet projects.

I'd like to see the ability to start new Duty Officer assignments added.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Running Chrome v. 31.0.1650 57m, Win 7

I have a couple of problems with the Gateway:

1. I cannot view my Starbase from the fleet holdings page. I can access the mine, spire, and embassy, but cannot view the Starbase.

2. In the window on the main fleet holding screen which listed my fleet holdings, I could not scroll down to reach the Starbase.
  • cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've been haveing issues on gateway with some of my toons, and this affects my toons across all factions and 10/14 of my characters have this bug.
    According to gateway those chars have:
      No captain's picture with a starfleet rank of a tactical cadet No ship, it won't even load a picture. No accolades at all No fleet even though i know some toons are in one And no bridge officers either

Not sure what's going on, but one of the working toons is actually a starfleet engineering cadet the infos of which actually loads interestingly enough.

And yes, the lowest rank in the game is Cadet, but you become an Ensign when you leave the tutorial

Just thought i'd give the Gatway devs a heads up lol

also noticed that on the iPad it fails to select all but the top character in the list, it'll make the selection noise and the name will light up, but the browser remains on the char select screeen
    The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
  • confedinblueconfedinblue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just noticed that all Fleet holdings and any ability to contribute to fleet projects was removed from the Gateway.

I hope that's only to fix the bugs with it and not permanently remove it. I liked having it, even though it was a bit buggy.

Edit: I stand corrected--the Fleet holdings are missing from my Fed character, by my Romulan character has them available.

Using Internet Explorer 11 on a Windows 7 PC.

Edit again: Fed character got the fleet holdings after switching back to it from the Rommie character
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • panserbjorne39panserbjorne39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    using the latest version of Chrome, I'm able to view fleet holding projects but am not able to contribute to them. I can go through the process but when i click to donate commodities, boffs, etc. nothing happens.
  • icelancersricelancersr Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Don't know if this is going to help but my holodeck gateway has a couple of issues:

-My tac/eng toons have science logos in the "select character" screen page.
    -In the personal file tab, my toon's avatar doesn't show, only a black silhouette.
    -Sometimes when I switch to a different toon of mine, it gets stuck at the loading screen.
    -In the ship build page, all my gear items have the fleet icon displayed no matter their quality.

Alright, that's that... Now I'd like to know how to make my gateway classified/private. Nowadays, I've been into PvP a lot so I don't want to give the opportunity to my enemies to figure out my weaknesses that easily.

Edit: NVM I figured it out. Can't believe I used google before and I couldn't find it, but yesterday was my lucky day I guess.

Do please share what is the way to hide gateway status?(make it classified)?
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Do please share what is the way to hide gateway status?(make it classified)?

if you go to the social/team setting area and click the 'privacy' button in the lower left you will find an option
  • icelancersricelancersr Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    if you go to the social/team setting area and click the 'privacy' button in the lower left you will find an option

Thank you!
    I am ashamed,i never saw that button before :P
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    When I log into Gateway, I get a listing of one Character named Germanicus, it appears to be both a Fed Sci and Fed Tact (Both symbols show up on same line) and it flies a Mogh Battle Cruiser. When you click on the character, there is no data inside and is not in a fleet.

I have four characters. None of them have germanicus in there name. I don't own a Mogh Battle Cruiser. I have two Fed, 1 Klingon and 1 Rom characters. My Feds are a Sci and Tact. My Rom and Klingon characters are Eng. All but the Rom Character is in a fleet.

I used to be able to get to my characters, but as of yesterday (12/30/2013) I only get to see Germanicus on three different computer, OS's being Windows XP, Vista, and 7. And used IE 8, 9 and 10.

So at this point, Gateway is completely useless. And gives me concern that some one else is actually accessing my characters instead.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I mostly use the Ipad for the Gateway.

Captain pictures are still not showing

the mobile Fleet Holding infos are at least 4-5 days behind the actual in-game status of the Fleet Holdings. (Projects still slotted and ready to fill although they are already finished)
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Getting this message when I go to http://gateway.startrekonline.com:

Star Trek Online is currently
    down.

Please check back later!

I'm at work so I can't log into the game, but this site is showing the game as up.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    Getting this message when I go to http://gateway.startrekonline.com:

Star Trek Online is currently
    down.

Please check back later!

I'm at work so I can't log into the game, but this site is showing the game as up.

Same here since at least 8 hrs.
  • trichotillomaniatrichotillomania Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I hope you guys are still working on the gateway as i can see a lot of potential in it.
    1. Inspect
      Great for linking your current build to someone. Currently the only purpose of the app (with issues - missing boff traits, missing detailed item information e.g. numbers).
    2. Fleet/Reputation contribution
      The idea behind this is great. The possibility to contribute on the go with my phone? Yes please. With the access to the replicator - even better.
    3. Doffing
      Letting us assign the doffs to a missions/debrief them would add another great use case for the app (at least in the current location, wherever the toon is). Would be awesome!
    4. Exchange
      I would personally love this most of all other features (at least buying). Who doesn't love shopping on the go, hey?

I bet there are others (accolade tracking), but these four are the reasons for me to use it (with ascending importance).
    Fingers crossed.
  • krio09krio09 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm having trouble selecting new fleet projects for STOG and also when I try to contribute to a project it doesn't register.

When selecting a new project, it takes me back to the active projects screen but the new project doesn't show.

The same is true when contributing, it just goes back to the project page and doesn't register.

I don't think the sliders are accurate enough ether, could do with an input box to type the amount in. All in all this could be better as a mobile app rather than a web app
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    using the latest version of Chrome, I'm able to view fleet holding projects but am not able to contribute to them. I can go through the process but when i click to donate commodities, boffs, etc. nothing happens.

I'm having the same problem with MSIE.
  • valinsterlingvalinsterling Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've had the same problem ever since STO Gateway came out, regardless of platform (Safari, Chrome, IE). I haven't seen any dev acknowledge that the issue exists, even though many have reported it on this thread.
  • alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same here...

To follow devs' instructions, my specs:

Browsing with a Samsung Galaxy S2+ on Chrome via a fast home ADSL
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • devdvddevdvd Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi,

I don't know if this is still active or if you even care about the gateway. However, if so, the one thing I'd like to see is the ability to pull information (such as fleet roster) to a roster via some kind of api (xml or json).

Thanks!
  • geneijggeneijg Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think it would be useful to turn Gateway into a bit of a minigame...Well, minigame isn't the best term. Access to DOff missions, being able to collect rewards, start new missions, etc. Perhaps also Reputation management? Then putting these into a mobile app for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone 8. One step at a time, of course, but there is almost no point to Gateway at this point. Yeah I can see what I've got on my ship, down to weapon/device/etc details, but I can't change them. I saw mention of accessing mail via Gateway. Definitely would be nice. Some nice Quality of Life improvements that would make Gateway much more useful.
    GET THE UNOFFICIAL COMPANION APP!
    Quick Release Version available now! App Landing Page

"Admiral in Rank, Captain in name and action"
    "What is to give light must endure the burning"
  • alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    geneijg wrote: »
    I think it would be useful to turn Gateway into a bit of a minigame...Well, minigame isn't the best term. Access to DOff missions, being able to collect rewards, start new missions, etc.

THIS was the plan, until all went broken and the project saw no updates seemingly abandoned. :(
    devdvd wrote:
    I don't know if this is still active or if you even care about the gateway.

I came here wondering about it too.

I fear they already don't give more a damn by a lot of time,

having incurred in the notorious difficulties we still report and never see fixed, with no bugfixes, improvements, updates, even an answer on this official page.

NO news or word about, we can only suppose they biten more than they could munch again and abandoned without even declaring it, waiting it to fade away in memories,

Cryptic-style. :mad:

D'Angelo, despite many I have trust in you and the harshily needed changes you can make in the development process,

I have found optimism again for this game after a remarkable amount of time...

My first suggestion for you is to please take a look on the Gateway project,

having anyone say a word about it ASAP,

so we may at least know what went wrong, if that's it, and if it's nothing irremediable, (restart?) work on it to make it what it was meant to be from day one.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is there a way to improve the graphics in the gateway?

I have a new computer and can run the game at max settings, but when I log into Gateway all my Boffs look like minimum settings and resolution. It's a pretty stark contrast and I would think that there would be less of a graphics issue rendering the single image of them for the website.

Is there a settings option that I've missed?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • tritium4evartritium4evar Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't suppose we'd ever get the ability to look through our captain's logs, would we?

People who have been playing STO for a while might remember the old character profiles on the STO website which were essentially the precursor to the current Gateway. Among one of the features of the character profiles was the ability to view captain's logs, including any supplemental entries added by the player.

Would be nice to get that back in the Gateway.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't suppose we'd ever get the ability to look through our captain's logs, would we?

People who have been playing STO for a while might remember the old character profiles on the STO website which were essentially the precursor to the current Gateway. Among one of the features of the character profiles was the ability to view captain's logs, including any supplemental entries added by the player.

Would be nice to get that back in the Gateway.

That would be great. Might make one more...careful what remarks they make in their log though :P
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Is there a way to improve the graphics in the gateway?

I have a new computer and can run the game at max settings, but when I log into Gateway all my Boffs look like minimum settings and resolution. It's a pretty stark contrast and I would think that there would be less of a graphics issue rendering the single image of them for the website.

Is there a settings option that I've missed?

I've noticed this as well, and came here to request the same. In the past, I was able to view my bridge officers just as I see them in game. As of... a month ago, maybe? they're locked into low-quality, "textures still loading, please stand by" mode.
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Getting an invalid security certificate error message.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.