What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Gateway: Feedback and Discussion

Comments

• Options
    phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a number of dead icons for Tier 3 embassy and Tier 5 starbase. Also, the KDF fleets are using blue LCARS, whereas the characters and such are (correctly) not.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • Options
    storattstoratt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a problem whit some icon's and boady/face showing up;
    IMG; http://i.imgur.com/Nw3HpUR.png

This look good ;D
    http://i.imgur.com/GkwaroA.png
  • Options
    doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After using the Neverwinter Gateway, I checked to see if STO had a gateway. STO has one but it is only for viewing information about one's character. The Neverwinter gateway has a lot of use for accessing ones character in the game.

I can use Neverwinter's Profession system which is Neverwinter's version of crafting. At first I was thinking it was a new approach to crafting and was not noticing any simulates with it and a feature of STO. Neverwinter's profession system is similar to the Doff system in STO.

My question is can the ability to access our Doff system be incorporated into the STO Gateway?

I have used the gateway in Neverwinter a lot due to work and time constraints to advance my Profession which is something I would not be able to have done without this feature.
  • Options
    kyias1kyias1 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree 100% with the above.

To add to that I would LOVE a Mobile App that allowed us to access our STO characters, buy Duty officer items from the C-store and perform DOFF missions.

I know it has been brought up before but it is worth bringing up again!
  • Options
    bignutterbignutter Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kyias1 wrote: »

To add to that I would LOVE a Mobile App that allowed us to access our STO characters, buy Duty officer items from the C-store and perform DOFF missions.

You can access the site Via many Smartphones Web browsers, by using the same addresses.

Using Gateway Test (which is tied to Tribble), the Romulan Warbirds wings are cut off.

Also Everyone is now part of Science Division.
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kyias1 wrote: »

It seems that the Neverwinter Gateway has their doff crafting system implemented in Gateway. Hope we're next.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Problems with Firefox:

- I don't see my ship's fore weapons
    - I don't see my ship's aft weapons
    - I don't see my ship's tactical consoles or engineering consoles
    - I don't see my ship's devices
    - I don't see my away team
    - I don't see my captain's picture
    - I can only look at a complete row of 4 Boff's, not when there are 1-3 left from the whole amount
    - The font used for standard text is very thin und the words seem like squished

Problems with IPod Touch:

- I don't see my ship's fore weapons
    - I don't see my ship's aft weapons
    - I don't see my ship's tactical consoles or engineering consoles
    - I don't see my ship's devices
    - I don't see my bridge station crew
    - I don't see my captain's gear or items
  • Options
    usarmycaptusarmycapt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My problem is with the forums, not the game as much....

I use the test server (TRIBBLE) and also the REDSHIRT and LIVE (HOLODECK). In other words, I test the game for you.....

My problem is that even though I regularly test your game I am unable to use your forums to the fullest ability. Yes, I do not pay for the game, and I will not pay until it is completed on the testing phases.

But just because I do not pay to play, does not mean that I am not helping the community by testing their game.

Why should I not, as a tester, have full access to the forums? Do you not want your testers to inform you of bugs they have located? Do you not want your testers to be able to help others out when they have a question?

So I think that the forums should not be just for the paying players, but for all players who either pay or test your game on the test servers.

With that said, let's see what the Community Managers say.....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    usarmycapt wrote: »
    My problem is with the forums, not the game as much....

I use the test server (TRIBBLE) and also the REDSHIRT and LIVE (HOLODECK). In other words, I test the game for you.....

My problem is that even though I regularly test your game I am unable to use your forums to the fullest ability. Yes, I do not pay for the game, and I will not pay until it is completed on the testing phases.

But just because I do not pay to play, does not mean that I am not helping the community by testing their game.

Why should I not, as a tester, have full access to the forums? Do you not want your testers to inform you of bugs they have located? Do you not want your testers to be able to help others out when they have a question?

So I think that the forums should not be just for the paying players, but for all players who either pay or test your game on the test servers.

With that said, let's see what the Community Managers say.....

According to the f2p Matrix, you have unlimited access to the forums.

My understanding, if you are not already a paying customer, you cannot test on tribble so how are you testing on tribble if you do not have a paying subscription.
  • Options
    whytelyonwhytelyon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This has probably been mentioned before, but since Neverwinter allows you to do professions missions via their gateway, i would adore it if you could do DoFF missions in STO's gateway.
    -- I will do what I must to aid my family, friends, and fleet, in that order; no matter how many things, laws... or people... I have to break in order to do so. --
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Problems with Firefox:

- I don't see my ship's fore weapons works now
    - I don't see my ship's aft weapons works now
    - I don't see my ship's tactical consoles or engineering consoles works now
    - I don't see my ship's devices works now
    - I can only look at a complete row of 4 Boff's, not when there are 1-3 left from the whole amount
    - The font used for standard text is very thin und the words seem like squished

Problems with IPod Touch:

- I don't see my ship's fore weapons works now
    - I don't see my ship's aft weapons works now
    - I don't see my ship's tactical consoles or engineering consoles works now
    - I don't see my ship's devices works now
    - I don't see my bridge station crew
    - I don't see my captain's gear or items

It seems that a few things are working now. There must be a problem with the synchro of my files. A time ago it took days till changes to equipment were updatet.
  • Options
    wdammwdamm Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gateway crash after login on tmobile mytouch q
  • Options
    alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So my fleet was having a discussion and we have a suggestion of an addition to add to Gateway.

We would really like an easier way to coordinate our fleet for spur of the moment events as they occur in game, so adding the in game event hour calender to Gateway would be a huge help, that way someone doesn't have to launch the game just to check the calendar.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    This sticky has been moved to the "Controls, User Interface and the STO Gateway" forum.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will there be a countdown timer added for when projects are complete? I can see 100% progress, but I'd like to know when I may need to be online to slot the next project(s).
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Edit: accidental double post.
  • Options
    arbrielfamilyarbrielfamily Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For some unknown reason after trying to login I get a popup message telling me that my browser has made an invalid request.

What is this and how do I overcome it to get Gateway to work?

Having already linked my accounts and used a 'one-time code' at least twice on separate occasions.

I am using Firefox 21.0 on an Apple Mac OSX Lion, 10.7.5.
  • Options
    zigadeiczigadeic Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im lovin this but I would like to be able to put it on my phone but its not on google play anymore
    tumblr_m9xiz26mwj1rdabsoo1_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    ehlimehlim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been trying to use the Gateway for months now...

I can say that the times I succeded in logging in can be counted on one hand (human hand) only. Almost all the times I got errors like "login faild because of wrong one-time code" or just generic errors, although I kept every cookie, saved every browser, tried many tweaks, read every FAQ and a good number of forum pages listing errors like mine... I posted... no help... I realize that you have had your hands full with the LoR project, and frankly, I'm glad you did!

So, my personal opinion: as it is, the Gateway is heavily non-functional. Both for the instability, connection and compatibility problems, and for the fact that important features like, for instance, DOFF managment are missing.

I would humbly suggest to just take the service down for maintenance for the time being, and keep working on it a bit more.
    I would say, just take your time! I don't mind sitting tight and letting you complete the project, or at least putting up a more stable beta. In the meanwhile I'll just keep playing the awsome expansion you just produced for us!

Thank you

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zigadeic wrote: »
    Im lovin this but I would like to be able to put it on my phone but its not on google play anymore

Was it ever on Google Play? I've just logged in via the web on my tablet. I would say that optimizing it for touchscreens and putting it in the stores would be really cool, though.
  • Options
    braindotwavbraindotwav Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any chance of maybe some kind of API in the future?

My fleet's quite large (we're usually pushing up against the 500 limit), so I made a tool to parse the xhr-request response to give us the ability to sort by more things, as well as showing us at a glance who's inactive or eligible for promotion. It's helped considerably, but it's a funky process, and I often have other officers saying they can't get it to work, mostly as they mixed up xhr-requeusts.

In addition to that, we've got a secondary fed fleet, and an allied KDF fleet which shares a large portion of its officer corps with us. An API could help considerably with managing this stuff.
  • Options
    zigadeiczigadeic Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    felderburg wrote: »
    Was it ever on Google Play? I've just logged in via the web on my tablet. I would say that optimizing it for touchscreens and putting it in the stores would be really cool, though.

Ya it was for a little wile I had it on my android tablet but i recently got a new phone and wanted to put it on there and its not there anymore I hope they bring it back soon I miss it
    tumblr_m9xiz26mwj1rdabsoo1_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I made a tool to parse the xhr-request response

Can you explain in a little more detail what this is? I've been trying to get a better handle on reviewing fleet activity...

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    braindotwavbraindotwav Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you explain in a little more detail what this is? I've been trying to get a better handle on reviewing fleet activity...

Basically they gateway uses a large amount of AJAX requests for data. Every screen change involves an AJAX request (either at that time or using a stored one). You can view them using inspection tools (built-in in Chrome and IE, Firebug for Firefox)

So for the fleet one, there's one that starts with"5:::{"name":"Proxy_Guild"", that's a JSON string with all the data from the fleet screens. Roster (including some hidden data like join date), Events, MotD, etc. (Holdings are a separate thing).

My tool takes that, turns it into a PHP object and then pulls out the data I need. My interface then regurgitates the fleet listing with all the data we need, and allows sorting via any field (@name sorting is sorely lacking in-game), as well as automatically determining who's inactive for removal or up for promotion (based on time, at least, we have contribution minimums too, but I can't get those)

However, the issue I'm running into is twofold. First, Chrome can't get the whole response (as it's HUGE), so it needs to be saved and then pasted in. That's clunky. Secondly, there's a LOT of responses. It's easy to grab the wrong one by accident, or spend a while trying to find it.

Now, I can probably still find a way to pull this data automatically (cURL or something), but I'm not really comfortable doing that as that would probably go into a TOS grey area if not outright violation (not sure), also it's beyond what I've done before.

If you want to take a look at it, I can PM you a link. Some of the functionality won't work, however, as it's hardcoded for our fleets.
  • Options
    argussiriusargussirius Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi,

tried to login to gateway today with firefox 21 on windows 8 (64-bit) and it says it sends an email for authentication, but it does not arrive at all. After a couple of minutes it aborts the process and begins with login screen. :eek:

When I login with ARC,a game or the forums on another system with same browser, the email-veryfication works well.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For the past several weeks, my Gateway doesn't work beyond listing my characters. This list, while complete, remains on the screen regardless of which character I select. Of my eleven characters, only a few consistently display the ship type, character class and character race. The rest display randomly some of the details.

I have a single Fed Tactical and a single KDF Tactical Captain. The KDF Tactical Captain displays the Starfleet logo instead of the KDF logo. My Science and Engineering KDF Captains display the KDF logo correctly.

(/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My two fed characters display the right logo and list thier race on the character select screen.
    My KDF Characters displays the right logo but list his ship type for race.
    My RR Charcter display the Fed logo, sports the the fed blue color, shows him as a science officer when really a engineer and list his race as being the same as his ship class.
    When I look at my ROm character, it is all done in Fed blue. Can it go back tot he Rom Green? I really rather have my officer seperated by thier faction colors. Blue = Fed, Red = KDF and Green = Rom.

I also don't see my Captains pics anymore in thier files. no matter the faction.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sisteric wrote: »
    My two fed characters display the right logo and list thier race on the character select screen.
    My KDF Characters displays the right logo but list his ship type for race.
    My RR Charcter display the Fed logo, sports the the fed blue color, shows him as a science officer when really a engineer and list his race as being the same as his ship class.
    When I look at my ROm character, it is all done in Fed blue. Can it go back tot he Rom Green? I really rather have my officer seperated by thier faction colors. Blue = Fed, Red = KDF and Green = Rom.

I also don't see my Captains pics anymore in thier files. no matter the faction.

Same problems here
    Also, I've noticed ever since fleet access has been added to the gateway when selecting it the fleet portion has a generic emblem, would love to see the actual fleet emblem there, mail access (if this can be done without breaking the mail system again) assets View tap to check out how much ec/dil. your captain has (hidden from others ofcourse.)
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    solochrissolochris Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just tried to log into the gateway for the first time. it came up some message about needing a 1 time code but before the code even arrived in my email inbox (about 4 secs) I was kicked out for apparently having used a failed code. I hadn't even pressed a button at that point. Is this a glitch or am I missing something?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    My gateway now only pulls up my tribble characters not the characters that are on holodeck.
This discussion has been closed.