test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Gateway: Feedback and Discussion

Comments

• nxnovacatnxnovacat Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Access to our ingame mail need to be added to they gateway like it was on the old sto website. Deleting messages 1 by 1 is a pain in the butt
  • norisman1norisman1 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Call me a relic of the old cold war cloak and dagger covert spy days or just call me paranoid but I really don't like the idea of just anyone being able to view what I conceder my private and personal information about my STO accounts, characters, captains, skills, builds, boffs, doffs, ships, gear and items.

So as for this new STO Cryptic/PWE ((Gateway)) thing, I have turned it off, ripped it out of the socket, threw it on the ground and stomped it until it is broken into many little pieces then I threw all the rubbish into the trash can.

***ACCESS DENIED***
    ALL PRIVACY FILTERS/BLOCKS ARE TURNED ON!
    NO PRIVATE MESSAGES!
    NO E-MAILS!
    AND MOST DEFANTLY NO PEEPINGTOMS TRYING TO LOOK AT MY PRIVATE/PERSONAL INFORMATION!

P.S. Not to any one personally but rather as a in general statement "If I had wanted you to know every thing about my STO account and characters I would have already told you.
    Thank you but no thank you. have a nice day SALUTE! :)
  • jniebaumjniebaum Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well seems the gateway either can't stand to wait more than a few seconds or the network is overloaded but...

I'm getting two problems giving this gateway a shot.

1 - Timeout on character loading.
    2 - Disconnected from the system entirely.
  • ferret312001ferret312001 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Will we be able to play STO through our mobile devices? Not sure if I'm misunderstanding the description.
  • moo8emoo8e Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Problems encountered:

Engineer shows up in character list with Red Tactical icon.
    Fleet Starbase projects out-of-sync.
    Dilithium Mine Starbase Project slots empty.
    Slow performance.
  • sguchsguch Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The character picture dosent show up some times and you cant switch character without refreshing the page.
    And i thinks you should at least be able to see your other ships with gateway and not only the one that you are commanding at the moment.
    Otherwise it works.
  • oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh dear.

What's happened to the gateway, it's a mess.

The character selection is showing the incorrect allegiance and missing icons and details off some characters.

Once you get into the Fleet holding, the page is not laid out correctly. The different sections are stacked in a long column.

And why did the sort on the leader board have to be changed so that sort by contributions is now "string based" rather than numeric, so now you get and order similar to:

It was bad enough the ordering of contributions in the in-game roster has been insane since the beginning. But why mess up the Gateway too?

Edit: am using IE 10. Seems that IE 9 is fine
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Probably been mentioned already. Be nice if the gateway would show the accolades you still have to complete.

For future reference... would be good if you don't TRIBBLE the accolades up so you have to do them all over again. If that is going to be the case then just remove them from the game. I only just noticed recently why my accolade points dropped ages ago after a season update.
  • dvirbldvirbl Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hi all

i tried accessing the gateway but it keeps saying when i try to log in that 'account permissions were not detected'.

anyone encountered this and know how to solve it?
  • dsrulesalldsrulesall Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm a big fan of the Gateway. It's evident that you see the potential for it and that makes me really excited to see how it evolves.

Two things I wanted mention about the Fleet Holding leaderboards:
    - It seems there used to be a way on the Leaderboard page for each Holding to be able to filter the list via an input box. This was really useful when trying to add up contributions per account if they had many characters in the fleet. Was this removed? Would it be possible to bring it back? If not, what about an option to sort the name column by @ handle?

- I think there is a sorting bug when trying to sort the list by contribution amount (instead of by name). It seems to be sorting the column via string comparison instead of numeric comparison. For example, when sorting low to high, 135,943 comes before 18,512. It also seems that the commas are being considered for the sorting. So, when sorting low to high, 9,900 comes before 900. Now that I think about it, I think the commas are a recent addition, which maybe is why the sorting broke? It is a leaderboard after all and you would think the default order would be high to low on Contribution instead of alphabetical by name.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    - I am not able to send items to the Fleet Projects.
    I choose Doffs and other things, click Send and I come
    back to the Project description and contribute screen.

I look at the numbers but they are not increasing.

Using the iPod touch here.
  • akrilonakrilon Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since today's patch, there seem to be several layout problems that have appeared in the Gateway, specifically in the fleet holdings section, which now appear over several pages as opposed to just one. Text and graphics overlap each other and are now unreadable.

Was seemingly working well until today's patch went live.
    faddc0e2956f1903cb9ac9197fb10cd8_large.png
  • tvenus67tvenus67 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am having the same issue as organicmanfred, I cannot add items or anything else to the fleet holdings using Gateway. This happens on every computer or tablet I attempt this from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going, and hook up with them later.
  • valiant797valiant797 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Fleet holdings in the gateway don't take into account any discount the fleet has earned. In the gateway, they all show the full value.

Fortunately, it does not appear that you can over contribute.
    <signature under reconstruction>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form
  • jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Small request, I would like to see my reputation marks and fleet credits in the STO Gateway underneath the energy credits and dilithium totals.
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • albers78albers78 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm also having no luck contributing to projects on either my iPad or desktop.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nvm. solved. please delete
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ditto a comment from page 19 - I would LOVE to be able to see ALL the ships I own, not just the current ship.

Also, it has been mentioned, but I cannot see my main playing character. It shows up as a dark silhouette in both the head shot and full body.

Also has been mentioned, but any contributions to the fleet do not show up when made thru the gateway.

Thanks!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Iam new to using the Gateway and i have notice many graphical details not showing up, iam running FireFox (Latest Version) to date. I didnt have any problems adding things to the projects of the multiple holders, however i would like to see the ability to do my BO's missions and so on.

Also to add, i noticed that my Klingon character doesn't show up in the roster shortly after login.

Cheers,

Fyasko
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not sure if it's been mentioned but all ship equipment is showing one rarity level higher than it is in game. Bridge officers do not appear and the ship name also doesn't display properly/

I'm running Chrome, if it matters
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • kazumaryuhokazumaryuho Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have not been playing this game for a while and have been having issues with logining in the game. i can acess the gateway but all that turns up is my character info and ships, duty officers. but that is all that turns up i can not acess the game at all is there something i can do to make the gateway work?:confused:
  • hmallow42hmallow42 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi,

The face and body images on the Captain Profile don't show up for me. They do show up for the other bridge officers. This is in an up-to-date Safari on OS X.
  • hmallow42hmallow42 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    On the Ship Systems screen, I see the name of my captain, not the name of my ship. This is in an up to date Safari on OS X.
  • cjmccleodcjmccleod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    To All the STO Developers,

This is my first post, and I would like to thank you all for the work you?ve done on Star Trek Online. STO is a great game, despite some of the issues that I?ve experienced; which I will attribute to growing pains. Now on to what this post is really about.

As a gaming community leader, there are many features about the fleet management system that I feel are either missing or could use some improvement. The first thing I would like to touch on is the rank system.

Though we very rarely see them in any of the genre?s iterations, there are enlisted ranks within the rank structure of the Star Trek world. The M.A.C.O. personnel have both enlisted and officer ranks that I believe to be based on the US Marine Corps rank structure, and the Star Fleet personnel no doubt have an enlisted rank structure similar to that of the US Navy (the best example of this would be Chief O?Brien). It would be great if there were a few more ranks available, and a larger number of available rank slots. This would allow for the officer positions to be made available to delineate leadership from the average members. New Icons or at least some Icon selections would be great for these new ranks as well?.MACO rank insignia on the shoulder would look great, and/or the option of moving rank to the should opposite of the fleet patch would be amazing too.

In addition to this, one of the various ways that I like to manage my members is to look at their stats. Certain metrics such as Time in Service, Activity Levels, and Accomplishments in Game and so on are used to determine eligibility for promotion, and even promotion or consideration for leadership positions. It would be great if this information were made available via an API system for easily downloading this information in to apps and spreadsheets.

The separation of Ranks and Titles would also help with the management of the fleet. Being able to set roles for a member under a title (for instance Accountant) would be great as one could be at any rank, and still be assigned that title.

Overall, the fleet management system needs an overhaul. I hate to point to another game for an example, but EVE-Online has a very robust, albeit somewhat overcomplicated system for member tracking and management. Many of the features there would be very useful here in STO, and would add a very automated way to handle permissions and titles/roles.

The last thing I would like to add is the ability to send/receive mail via STO Gateway. For those of us who spend a lot of time at work or away from home where playing the game is not an option, the ability to manage our fleets while away would be phenomenal.
    All of these features would be great additions to the Gateway, so to finish this off; that is my final request. The fleet management system in general, aside from the addition of the fleet advancement system be added, has been largely untouched. The entire system needs an overhaul.

In closing, I thank you again for all your hard work and for your attention to my inquirey and requests.
    McCleod
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Currently, the only ship that can be displayed is your active Starship. It would be nice to be able to view your active Small Craft, as well as inactive ships. It would also be helpful to know how many empty officer/ship slots a character has available, perhaps even the number of empty character slots available on the character select page.
  • scottapricescottaprice Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think the STO Gateway is an amazing piece of work. This allows people who are not able to log into the game to view, review, and perform some functions while away from their gaming machine.

The day we all switched to PWE's Forum format was shocking and the loss of two EXTREMELY helpful and highly utilized tools greatly weakened the functionality of Fleet Management, especially from out-of-game.

Two Features that desperately need to be added are:

1 - In-Game E-Mail access similar to what we had on the STO Website. I lead two Fleets and often, when I have downtime away from my gaming machine, I would administer Fleet operations, communicate with Fleetmates, etc. via E-Mails. This was also advantageous because the STO Webmail did NOT have a 2048 character limitation and I was able to send an E-Mail containing our Fleet Mission, Vision, and Values without splitting it up into 5 (limited to 2048 chars each) E-Mails. Also, one could batch delete, better manage all of the E-Mail, etc. I have been mentioning this over and over via several different means of communication, but I am afraid it falls on deaf ears - otherwise, Cryptic/PWE would simply say - "It's on our list" and then work it in.

2 - List of Online Friends/Fleetmates While the STO Gateway shows the Fleet's Roster (very cool, by the way), there is no filter to determine who is actively online. Ultimately, it would be preferred to see the entire Friend's List with who is currently online, but we could easily settle for the Fleet Roster with a filter for who is currently online.

Those are the most critical showstoppers, however, ability to chat on FLEET or Private Channels would be very nice as well.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Am I the only one seeing he Gateway as down for maintenance? I just haven't seen it mentioned anywhere and it's been down since Season 8 dropped. Is there a major upgrade going on or something? Or perhaps restoring character images?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • mgmirkin426mgmirkin426 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I rather like the gateway. However...

In the fleet holdings, when I select something to contribute, slide the slider, click Accept. Nothing happens. No confirmation that anything has happened, no apparent change to the amount remaining to contribute.

No "Reputation" section? I'd think that if fleet info is present and to eventually be "usable," we should also have access to our "reputation" areas and the ability to check whether or not a cooldown timer is over, collect rewards, select "passive abilities" at "tier completed" time, review or select/start net project and contribute existent assets to new Reputation projects. That would be kind of cool.

I'd also like ot see the DOFF system put into Gateway, so we can start, contribute to, and complete/collect rewards from DOFF system missions. There would probably have to be some method of paging through different "sectors" or "fun zones" for "missions" to complete. As you clearly get different missions from the Dyson Sphere zones than you do @ ESD, etc.

I'd love the ability to be able to goof off at work by leveling up my DOFF reputation system levels and "topping out." I don't always have time in-game, as we tend to be doing other things, but if I could quickly pop-in on breaks at work or something, collect rewards, start new missions, etc. Now, if rewards would "fill up" inventory (and you can't administrate inventory by either "discarding," "recycling" (40% value) or "selling to a reputable vendor" (50% value)), perhaps rewards would have to go into your "overflow bag" to be dealt with the next time you're in-game?

Also, it would be cool if you could create "read-only" perma-links to some of your stats that you could share with friends on Twitter/FB. Especially to things like where you're at in your reputation, fleet standing and your accolades page... So you could "compare notes" with friends and such...

Just some thoughts.
    ~MG

P.S. In case it matters, Firefox, current build 25.0.1, under Win 7.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    iPad-Safari:

Captain body and head picture still not showing

Fleet Holdings progress not up-to-date

Boff picture textures on low, they look like Odo or any other clayface Founder

Fleet Avenger is called Fleet Battlecruiser Destiny Class (German Gateway version)

Is it on purpose that all Boffs have the same size?

Wish: A 3/4 view on the ships. There is no pride in me to look at the ship from above. The view is very flat and lifeless.
  • quintoneasttnquintoneasttn Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Umm.. my first post, hoping I'm doing this right.

I am having difficulty getting online through the (portable?) gateway. Usually when I click on the ARC's "Star Trek Online" button, another window pops up which I think is the gateway. It loads patches and then the blue button at the bottom says "Engage" when everything is up-to-date. Today is Sunday and there are no buttons at the bottom, just a short message saying "Unable to authenticate". The internet search says that this type of message occurs when the star trek online server is down, but I have found no mention of a scheduled shutdown for today (11/17/2013). It was down yesterday, I think, but should be down today. Below is the screen pic I took of that small gateway window:

11587627.jpg

I am hoping that my ARC or Gateway isn't broken. I'd have to download everything again and it took forever to do that last time. Can anyone help with suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.