test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Gateway: Feedback and Discussion

Comments

• mysharon4mysharon4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    When viewing other peoples profiles. Their information is absent, images seem not to load. Despite looking at your own profile and seeing none of these abnormalities. Chrome - win64, java & Flash up to date.
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Are any Devs still working on this? Don't seem to have been any changes in a long time.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • roujin346roujin346 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My suggestion and I know that the devs won't get to it, regarding the gateway, would be to create a Gateway App that is interactive for Doff missions and mini-games. Such as Poker, Darts or Dabo or to send your Doff's on the cluster missions from the comfort of your smart phone.
    Also keep track of crafting assignments.
  • drennundrennun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    After seeing what this system can do in terms of the Neverwinter Gateway, it looks as though there is great potential in this to stay connected while out of game. Is development currently in progress for this still? Is it possible that it will release with a certain upcoming expansion? :)
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When it asks for an authorization number and says it sent an email to my email it no longer does so, it used to now it doesn't.

't
  • delfarndelfarn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How about adding chat in? It would be convenient for handling fleet tasks and interacting with members without having to constantly log in and out of the full client...
  • delfarndelfarn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    roujin346 wrote: »
    My suggestion and I know that the devs won't get to it, regarding the gateway, would be to create a Gateway App that is interactive for Doff missions and mini-games. Such as Poker, Darts or Dabo or to send your Doff's on the cluster missions from the comfort of your smart phone.
    Also keep track of crafting assignments.

Here here, a gateway app for smartphones/tablets would be epic cool.
  • gertjan020gertjan020 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hi,

Is it possibe to have the following features in this site?

- An iOS and Android app version off the site.
    - Mail access.
    - Personal and fleet bank access.
    - Exchange access.
    - Dabo functionality
    - Abillity to start Doff assignments.
    - Abillity to contribute to fleet projects.
    - Chat fucntionality.

I believe it would really add to the experience and make it more usefull for when you are not near your PC.

Regards,

Glimmer
  • bobosmrade1bobosmrade1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There is a bug in character selection. I have a Sci Fed, a Tac Klingon and an Eng Romulan KDF aligned. My Romulan is shown as a Sci officer, and when I select my Fed toon and return to character selection, it shows that my Romulan toon is a Fed Sci officer, when I select my Romulan and do the same thing, my Fed is shown as a Romulan Sci officer. And when I select my Klingon and return, all my characters are Klingon. Its a bit of a nuisance, but it may disturb some people.

Also, entering the suggestions collum, it would be nice to add Personel files editor in the Gateway.
    Cave Troll vs Forum troll
    Know the difference
    It could save your life...
    rushatsi wrote: »
    pvp? whats dat?
    Pervert vs. Pervert!:eek:
  • akneadiaakneadia Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A couple of bugs First my three characters, Fed Tactical, Romulan Engineering and Kilingon engineering. All show on character select screen as federation science.

Also my characters are all aliens and do not shown on the character image screens, on my captains profile. Also on ship systems officer stations my MACO photonic tactical is showing up as science officer on the away team.

System is google chrome on windows 8 operating system.
  • akneadiaakneadia Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Would it be possible to have as a new feature for gateway, a return of the captains blog feature from the original cryptic site.
  • sugi2ksscsugi2kssc Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I know you guys are probably pretty busy with the new release of Delta Rising (DR), updates to Neverwinter (NW) and Champions (CO), not to mention this "Top Secret" project you are working but I was wondering about what's going on with the Gateway for STO? (Well that and other things like Foundry but that's for a different forum.)

Still I look at Neverwinter's Gateway and see almost everything I would have liked to see in the STO's gateway so at least outwardly it seems like it should be feasible. So the question is why?

Right now it looks like its almost been forgotten or abandoned in favor of other projects. Even the "Latest News" link is from February and links to a redirected page.

I did notice that you are hiring some mobile app developers on your website but I just wanted to know if the gateway is going to get any attention once DR is out? (or with it? That would be a nice surprise.)

Is it the workload? Maybe you could farm some of this out. Some of the folks building things like shipbuilders and calculators would probably leap at the opportunity to build upon this. Just give them a couple api's to link to.

I will finish off by saying this. If I could I would love to help out somehow to make this happen if its within my capabilities and I'm sure many feel the same way. This is a good game for Star Trek fans but it often feels like it could be so much better. Fixing things like the Gateway to make it more accessible and getting the Foundry out of Beta would allow for that extra dimension of content that could fill in some of the void that springs up between episodes. Please see if you can fit them into your production schedule.

The game 'looks' great but it seems like there are more things that can be done. I would love to hear from you guys here (or directly) and would certainly love see some attention on the gateway.

Sorry for rambling on.

Thanks for all your work thus far!
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Actually the Gateway has been removed entirely. There's just a blank page that redirects to the STO auth server there now.
  • th0mmi3th0mmi3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The gateway link is working fine

http://gateway.startrekonline.com

In a recent priority one podcast interview it was mentioned that they do want to work on updating the gateway with the possibility to access DOFF's etc its just not a priority just now. I'd love to see some work being done on it. It could be an awesome mobile tool to supplement the game experience
  • wade79wade79 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    link is not working still getting a blank page
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Been down for me last few days as well. White page with black text "Welcome to nginx!"
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
    edited October 2014
    Just logged in to gateway, had to do yet another one time code and the gateway is a mess.

EXAMPLE
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • misthollowmisthollow Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would like the doff missions and to be able to invite to fleet option
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wow a necro thread from 2013, quick some1 kill it............
  • misthollowmisthollow Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wow a necro thread from 2013, quick some1 kill it............

Instead of being rude and hateful why don't you actually read if you know how, the last posting was just in October 8 2014 so as I may be a little behind do due to having a life I am not a whole year behind.
  • bignutterbignutter Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Time for a "seasonal" Bug update.

All the follow can be viewed when checking your own character/ship.

"Old" Bugs (These have been present for some time and have been reported before)

-Player Character Image replaced with default image
    -Boff Images created using "Low" Quality
    -Shuttle Boff Seat(s) not separated from the actual ship boff Seats.
    -Fleet Donation discounts (provided with high level Dil Mines) are not reflected in the fill bars of the Fleet donations.
    -Doff details are missing when donating to Fleet projects, this makes unclear if you're who you are donating.

New Bugs

-Player Character at Level 56 has Ensign pips, not a 4 pips Admiral.
    --Characters at Level 50 still have correct Ranks.
    -Items show old style "Glowy" item ranks, not the item rank pips introduced during this last season.
    -News Menu shows Neverwinter news, not STO news.

Besides some Fleet UI bugs, these bugs are graphical, and do not affect the "functionality" of the site.
  • cowbertcowbert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    oh this is for Gateway, not in-game. Oops
    edited November 2014
    Was just checking to see if gateway has been fixed and saw that the front page is full of Neverwinter news and a red banner informing me that Neverwinter were experiencing difficulties...

No STO news, no message that STO is having difficulties...

Screenshot

Does anything work?
    V9BQ6SM.gif
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I would be happy already if:

- The Captain's picture would appear in his stats page, and not just a placeholder
    - The character faces get their original resolution back, they all look like Odo
    - The Intelligence Boff powers would appear on their stats page
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Any info when Gateway will get back online?
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dkratasco wrote: »
    Any info when Gateway will get back online?

Yes, I actually use the Gateway, and the fact that it has been down for a bit now is really kind of inconvenient. Any word on what is being done? When it will be back?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited November 2014
  • emp0kn0remp0kn0r Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Pleeeeeaaaaasssse can we have Gateway back.

Please?

Did I say please?
    "Kill the Cardassians"
    "Which ones?"
    "All of them!"
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Maybe it'll be back after maintenance?
    • Resolved an issue which would cause the Gateway to crash when attempting to log in.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
This discussion has been closed.