test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Whats this I hear about a fleetpocalyse?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    FYI in the zone chat this moring several people were talking about selling there fleets off to anyone who wanted to buy them.

At the same time during Q winter wonderland several fleets recruted sleepers from other fleets who screwed around in Omega fleet actions doing things like not protecting Kane and beaming out during ground missions.

Then you add in all the micro fleets that were started so people could get Fleet star ships.

Due to all these things A lot of us requested that cryptic clean up the fleet system a bit. Its just getting out of hand right now then you get these micro fleets that demand that the reqiurment for starbase upgrades be lowered.

I never been in a fleet. You dont need to be fleet to enjoy the game if you look at some of the fleet ships you get a bit more crew, few extra hull points.

Its not worth doing yet plus I dont have time to contribute.
  • Options
    skaldraskaldra Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I doubt the devs are going to start banning people who are taking advantage of naive fleet leaders... if you are silly enough to make someone else you dont know very well a shared fleet leader you are asking for trouble. The only way someone is going to get banned is if they are hacking the game. So... to the fleet leaders that have lost their fleet or their leader position, learn from your mistake and stop complaining in zone chat because we are all tired of hearing about it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    INQUISITOR CRUSHER
    Director of Marketing
    ELITE FORCES COMMAND
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    FYI in the zone chat this moring several people were talking about selling there fleets off to anyone who wanted to buy them.

Yeah, saw a couple myself just today. One on ESD and another on DS9. The later had a sketchy account name I couldn't help but to think it was a stolen fleet.

Really shows how much people are abandoning fleets for ones that are already T4 and T5. So instead of keeping the old ones, they sell to people who just don't want to do the work. And I won't be surprised that we start hearing more internal strife and these large fleets start fractioning and complaining having to start over with a T1 fleet.

So hope Cryptic is making plans in helping small fleets or making a different plan of action that takes Fleet Starbases in another direction. Like having bases at existing Hubs and not having to unlock stuff already available at the Hubs. And maybe give them a chance to decorate their interiors the way they want, while Fleet Starbases won't.
  • Options
    lordcorrinolordcorrino Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I still maintain that the simplest solution is to make Fleet stuff available from NPC vendors a 1.5x cost. That way there's still an incentive to do fleet stuff but it doesn't completely punish solos or small fleets. Along with this fleet credits need to be earnable even if you are not in a fleet.
  • Options
    skaldraskaldra Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I just wanted to point out how off-topic this forum is getting... but since you are brining it up.. its silly to give things away at a vendor because it completely removes the need for fleets and the teamwork it has created between the players. SMALL FLEETS need to stop complaining! I am a member of a VERY exclusive fleet with only 30 members. We have been around a long time but we got the starbase at the same time as everyone else and have no problems advancing the base. Even though we arnt as high tier as we would like I truly hope the devs disregard requests to "help" smaller fleets... small fleet leaders need to spend time showing dedication and leadership instead of playing victim.

I wouldnt trade my fleet for T5 or a billion members... ever!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    INQUISITOR CRUSHER
    Director of Marketing
    ELITE FORCES COMMAND