What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ELITE STFS GIVE 0 DILITHIUM season 7

Comments

• Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The point is that they are forcing the Asian model on you, where you pay real $ to do anything. They dont expect you to play and grind.

Thing is, if they make it Star Grind or Grind Trek (and they are well underway) lots of people will leave. S7 didn't kill it, but might just broke it's back.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    vaernminavaernmina Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Its not cryptic its PWE. Everyone at Cryptic hates PWE as well. Stahl probably just put his name on a blog post written FOR him.

Many people pointed out where everything was headed. The point is that they are forcing the Asian model on you, where you pay real $ to do anything. They dont expect you to play and grind. They expect you to just buy it.

Because I can't name a dozen or so games that failed trying to foist the Asian business model on a western audience. They need to understand it just doesn't work in any sustainable way.
  • Options
    helixsunbringerhelixsunbringer Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Its hardly nerdrage when they have destroyed any reason to play PvE with anyone else but on your lonesome.

I fail to comprehend this. You have five Fleet Action Missions Fed Side that reward Dilithium all of which allow between 10 to 20 players in them. Six Missions that award Fleet Marks all of which allow at least 5 players (in one case it allows 20 players). Four missions that reward Romulan Marks, of which three allow 5 players, and the fourth allows 20 players. SIXTEEN that reward Omega Marks, half of which award Borg Neural Processors, all of which allow up to 5 players.

In what way are you lacking for things to do with your Friends and Fleet Members?

And in the case of the Fleet Actions, we are being assured by the Dev's that they will consistently award at the very least 960 Dilithium (though currently they appear to be awarding 1440 Dilithium).
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Its not cryptic its PWE. Everyone at Cryptic hates PWE as well. Stahl probably just put his name on a blog post written FOR him.

Many people pointed out where everything was headed. The point is that they are forcing the Asian model on you, where you pay real $ to do anything. They dont expect you to play and grind. They expect you to just buy it.

What a lovely tinfoil hat you have.

No. I've talked to Cryptic folks in the past about PWE. They're really behind these kinds of changes.

PWE hands them ideas which are genuinely optional and suggests that Cryptic modify them or deviate from them if it will generate more revenue. Cryptic responds, "Wow! These ideas are great." If these ideas flop, PWE will be the one blaming Cryptic for not adapting the ideas.

I PROMISE you. PWE is NOT dictatorial. Everything you see comes from Cryptic and it makes Cryptic employees ANGRY when you claim these ideas aren't theirs.

That said, I don't know that these ideas are Stahl's. My distinct impression is that his designers UNDER him fought for this change and that a few days ago, he washed his hands of this and put his faith in his employees.

There was an exchange from TTS where Stahl basically said he wasn't getting involved in the dilithium economy decisions and that he gave in and let the producers under him take the helm. And that makes sense now, since it seemed like Stahl was the one fighting against these changes at one point.

If anybody's forcing this, it's people BELOW Stahl on the totem pole, not above.

Well, maybe a mix of that and Jack Emmert, who always seemed to see FAs as the point of STO. But the final call here boils down to a system handed to Stahl by producers under him, that he abdicated decision making to.

So if you want to blame anyone, you should probably blame Al Rivera.

Because Jesse Heinig (apparently the original economist behind dilithium?) was gone in the hospital for a lot of this and Jack Emmert has spent most of his time lately on a plane or out sick. And Dan Stahl said late last week that any dilithium changes he was abdicating all authority to the systems team, because they'd debated it all and he trusted them.

So, really, the buck may stop at Dan Stahl but I'm guessing these changes pretty much had to be Al Rivera's plans, maybe loosely based on Jack Emmert's preference for Fleet Actions.

I just don't see why anyone should feel the need to run STFs now.
  • Options
    admiralhashadmiralhash Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Im pretty mad. Being a lifetime member this is a slap in the face. Take stf dilithium from free2play not your paying gold members and lifers. This was a game for fun and enjoyment now its PWs moneypit. That will stop with the fllod of players leaving this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I fail to comprehend this. You have five Fleet Action Missions Fed Side that reward Dilithium all of which allow between 10 to 20 players in them.........

Its really very simple. STFs required a minimum of teamwork and the goal was cooperative. Fleet Actions are competitive, you WANT everyone to be useless so you get top prize. I would NEVER want to run it with my fleet or friends.

In a way we're being pushed to a PvE based PvP, where the goal is to outdo the other players.... yay for multiplayer.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    What a lovely tinfoil hat you have.

No. I've talked to Cryptic folks in the past about PWE. They're really behind these kinds of changes.

PWE hands them ideas which are genuinely optional and suggests that Cryptic modify them or deviate from them if it will generate more revenue. Cryptic responds, "Wow! These ideas are great." If these ideas flop, PWE will be the one blaming Cryptic for not adapting the ideas.

I PROMISE you. PWE is NOT dictatorial. Everything you see comes from Cryptic and it makes Cryptic employees ANGRY when you claim these ideas aren't theirs.

That said, I don't know that these ideas are Stahl's. My distinct impression is that his designers UNDER him fought for this change and that a few days ago, he washed his hands of this and put his faith in his employees.

There was an exchange from TTS where Stahl basically said he wasn't getting involved in the dilithium economy decisions and that he gave in and let the producers under him take the helm. And that makes sense now, since it seemed like Stahl was the one fighting against these changes at one point.

If anybody's forcing this, it's people BELOW Stahl on the totem pole, not above.

Well, maybe a mix of that and Jack Emmert, who always seemed to see FAs as the point of STO. But the final call here boils down to a system handed to Stahl by producers under him, that he abdicated decision making to.

So if you want to blame anyone, you should probably blame Al Rivera.

Because Jesse Heinig (apparently the original economist behind dilithium?) was gone in the hospital for a lot of this and Jack Emmert has spent most of his time lately on a plane or out sick. And Dan Stahl said late last week that any dilithium changes he was abdicating all authority to the systems team, because they'd debated it all and he trusted them.

So, really, the buck may stop at Dan Stahl but I'm guessing these changes pretty much had to be Al Rivera's plans, maybe loosely based on Jack Emmert's preference for Fleet Actions.

I just don't see why anyone should feel the need to run STFs now.

I preferred to think it was all a big conspiracy, I really did.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Its really very simple. STFs required a minimum of teamwork and the goal was cooperative. Fleet Actions are competitive, you WANT everyone to be useless so you get top prize. I would NEVER want to run it with my fleet or friends.

In a way we're being pushed to a PvE based PvP, where the goal is to outdo the other players.... yay for multiplayer.

Uh... huh....

Okay let me reword. If you were to try to win a Fleet Action, and everyone else in the Fleet Action just sat around and did absolutely nothing during the entire Fleet Action just so you could have the biggest possible chance of winning (which is exactly what you are suggesting by saying you want everyone else to be "useless"), how long do you think it would take you to complete the fleet action while surviving the entire thing?

On the other hand, if you go into a Fleet Action with a group of skilled people, each of whom tries to help the other members in the group to be the best that they possibly can be. Also with the understanding that with the changes of Season 7 that the Titles aren't nearly as important as they used to be, especially when compared to the fact that the Fleet Action is now one of the few sure fire ways of getting Dilithium without having to buy it... do you really think you are going to have a hard time convincing your friends to help you out with these missions and thereby complete them faster?
  • Options
    cptkiucptkiu Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi guys,

i see you're all enjoying the changes like i do. :D
    is there any possibility to turn back the zen i bought last week into real money again?

cheers
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    For those who hate Fleet Actions...

I want to point out that S7 FAs did get remastered. There's no longer a single top prize and DPS is no longer the only metric tracked. Healing and objectives count and there are reward tiers based on participation.

The environments got remodeled. NPCs got recostumed. Clearly some art and content passes there. The rewards are handled differently.

I have no clue why this wasn't something they trusted enough to push us to test on Tribble.

My real frustration here is being treated as a guinea pig rather than an informed tester or informed customer.

Do I flip out and nerd rage? Sometimes, yeah. And I do it, predictably, when Cryptic leaves me in the dark and I defend Cryptic, predictably, when they don't leave me in the dark.

I don't get what's so hard about the concept that I want accurate, meaningful, and truthful information.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    cptkiu wrote: »
    Hi guys,

is there any possibility to turn back the zen i bought last week into real money again?

cheers

Not without getting your account banned, no.

But you could dump it into Champions if you haven't transferred it to STO yet. Overall, I think they tend to be better run on these kinds of things.

If you want to see the difference between how teams get managed and what's PWE versus what's Cryptic, check out Champs.

I think you'll see that PWE's big influences are earnable currency tradeable for ZEN, forum design, website design, and marketing/publicity.

Almost everything else is Cryptic and, from there, individual development teams.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was incredibly unhappy about the reduced Dil rewards for STFs. But I was willing to accept it given the other changes. My response to removing them altogether?

They invade our space, and we fall back. They assimilate countless worlds, and we fall back. Not again. Not this time. The line must be drawn here! This far, no farther!

Captain Ahab here has to go hunt his whale! :P
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I think they're measuring this in terms of accounting cost rather than economic cost.

Because the net result is that STFs now cost me 3450 dilithium per hour to play from an economic cost standpoint.
  • Options
    cptkiucptkiu Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for the quick response!

unfortunately i already transfered all zen to the game i liked most...
    anyway, now i'm hoping the forum drama makes them rethink their changes to make STO more enjoyable again.

see you in space... probably
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Uh... huh....

I think it was understood useless was not literal. Let me put it in words you can't twist in your mind so oyu can keep up the smugness. You want to be with people that are capable of facerolling the keyboard. There, see? But again, FAs keep score and have a big prize. Therefore (imagine it being said slooooosly): I DO NOT WANT TO COMPETE WITH FRIENDS AND FLEETMATES, I WANT TO COOPERATE WITH THEM WITHOUT ANYONE LOOSING OUT.

Hope that was clear enough. I am not against FAs getting better rewards, I'm against them taking all rewards away from STFs.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Here's the relevant quotes:

"I'm letting the design team handle all the dilithium balancing they are doing for S7 - so I don't have an answer for you - i trust them to keep it fair across the board" - Daniel Stahl, TTS Chat, Nov. 8, 2012

"Our lead designer - Gecko (Al) is keeping a very close eye on Dilithium distribution and adjusting accordingly." - Daniel Stahl, TTS Chat, Nov. 8, 2012

http://www.risasquadron.com/dstahl8nov2012.htm

So... Blame Geko.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    LOL!!! love how people want to go to TOR...lol I'm sorry but EA is pure evil and nothing NOTHING PWE can do to top how evil EA is I mean dear god they take great franchises and literately kill them off, and companies and take them apart and spit them out.

If you're going to threaten Cryptic with going to a different game...pick a company with less of a track record than EA.

anyhow

Cryptic...wow....they are angry and they have a good reason to be angry. You could have avoided this by saying this from the start and deal with the storm when you announced that you were cutting the Dilithium I mean you saw how bad that got, than to wait till the last second...not even the last seconds several hours after launch. Now you have to deal with a storm at launch of S7 ouch.

I still like you guys but wow I hate to be you guys right now. :eek:

P.S love S7:D just don't like not being told a head of time on something, even with good reason you should have said something waaay before.

I will leave this for you so you can think about this next time you forget to tell us stuff. I think we can see similarities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W0ff2Xns5g

as I said in another thread
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012

So... Blame Geko.

No, as a manager and team leader I know the blame lies with Stahl. If my subordinates were given free reign to do something and it turns out bad my subordinates don't get to have a happy fun-timez meeting with my superiors, the client, or the owners do they?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    as I said in another thread

[Offtopic] I can't wait to see how long TOR lasts now that Disney is majority share holder of Lucas Arts Studio's.... Afterall given how protective Disney is over it's other Intellectual Property, I wouldn't be surprised if it shuts EA down when it comes to TOR eventually. [/offtopic]
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh boy, there goes my hope to play again, since I stopped playing, after Season 6 "Grind Wars" ... why did they tell us Season 7 is all about Story Content ... sorry played on Tribble for the weekend and didn't find any, just new Grind ... guess Season 7 "The Grinding strikes back" is not for me either ...

If thats what Story Content is supposed to be, they better keep their next Featured Episode ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    vaernminavaernmina Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    cptkiu wrote: »
    Hi guys,

cheers

Yes, it's called cancelling your CC payment. The downside of this is that they will likely also cancel your account.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    No, as a manager and team leader I know the blame lies with Stahl. If my subordinates were given free reign to do something and it turns out bad my subordinates don't get to have a happy fun-timez meeting with my superiors, the client, or the owners do they?

Well, absolutely, blame Stahl or Zinc or Emmert or PWE for letting it happen.

But if you're looking for whose idea it was, take it up with Geko to offer an explanation.
  • Options
    nikkyvixnikkyvix Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lets just wait for the blog post, disaster may well be averted :) *prays*

http://www.sable-pro.net/WHERE_IS_YOUR_GOD_NOW.jpg

( Frightfully sorry: it is 3am and I am trying to keep my spirits from tanking, and this was the first thing to pop into my head :) )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
    "Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Oh boy, there goes my hope to play again, since I stopped playing, after Season 6 "Grind Wars" ... why did they tell us Season 7 is all about Story Content ... sorry played on Tribble for the weekend and didn't find any, just new Grind ... guess Season 7 "The Grinding strikes back" is not for me either ...

If thats what Story Content is supposed to be, they better keep their next Featured Episode ...

If you don't want to Grind, why play any sort of Role Playing Game in the first place? Part of the point of any Role Playing Game (at least of the digital variety) is the Grind Fests. Even all the way back in the 1980's with the start of the Final Fantasy Series and similar games you still had to Grind.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    If you don't want to Grind, why play any sort of Role Playing Game in the first place? Part of the point of any Role Playing Game (at least of the digital variety) is the Grind Fests. Even all the way back in the 1980's with the start of the Final Fantasy Series and similar games you still had to Grind.

Well I played and enjoyed STO during the FE Releases especially from FE 1-3 ... it's not about not wanting to grind, but there should be some structure behind it, since Season 6 it's just a giant Grinding Cake with Griding Filling and Grinding glaze ... at least the "glaze" should be nice story telling i.E. or it has to be a Sandbox Game ...

Especially after telling us "In Season 7 Story Content will come back in a big way"

PS : Seems like even most of the grind is worthless now ...
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Here's the relevant quotes:

"I'm letting the design team handle all the dilithium balancing they are doing for S7 - so I don't have an answer for you - i trust them to keep it fair across the board" - Daniel Stahl, TTS Chat, Nov. 8, 2012

"Our lead designer - Gecko (Al) is keeping a very close eye on Dilithium distribution and adjusting accordingly." - Daniel Stahl, TTS Chat, Nov. 8, 2012

http://www.risasquadron.com/dstahl8nov2012.htm

So... Blame Geko.

You didn't have to say it. I knew it. I just knew it had to be Geko. This change had his earmarks all over it. But thanks for confirming it.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Well I played and enjoyed STO during the FE Releases especially from FE 1-3 ... it's not about not wanting to grind, but there should be some structure behind it, since Season 6 it's just a giant Grinding Cake with Griding Filling and Grinding glaze ... at least glaze should be nice story telling i.E. or it has to be a Sandbox Game ...

I guess it all depends on your definition of structure. There is a definite infrastructure to the way the Reputation System, and Fleet Holdings are implemented. And by virtue of that there is an infrastructure by which Grinding must be accomplished. So one could argue that there is in fact a structure behind the whole grinding fest in this game and that it isn't mindless or pointless.

At least it isn't like the mindless Experience Point Grinds in some other MMORPG's that I could list off the top of my head...

EDIT: Also, to assume that they released every single thing that they possibly could release as part of the initial season 7 release... thats just silly talk. If they released the entire season 7 all at one time, what would we do between now and season 8? They are surely saving stuff for us in the interim between now and season 8, don't you think?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I guess it all depends on your definition of structure. There is a definite infrastructure to the way the Reputation System, and Fleet Holdings are implemented.

Well my definition of structure is mostly "Story Telling" ... and my definition of a good story behind it, isn't a Reputation System Tab, and 2 Romulan guys with 1 Cutscene telling me to collect stuff, especially after selling Season 7 as "Big on Story Content"

EDIT: Also, to assume that they released every single thing that they possibly could release as part of the initial season 7 release... thats just silly talk. If they released the entire season 7 all at one time, what would we do between now and season 8? They are surely saving stuff for us in the interim between now and season 8, don't you think?

Have to guess you are new to STO ... sure you'll get some things after the initial launch, but mostly new C-Store
    Items and other small goodies .... judging from Season 1-6 :P

Well at least they promised to bring back FE in Season 8 "in a big way" ... but after the return of Story Content i Season 7 "in a big way" I won't get my hopes up that much ...
  • Options
    daniela1055daniela1055 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This change is absolutely trekkie because - no Star Trek series survived past Season 7 and with changes like these STO won't survive past Season 7 too.

It is a slap in the face of all endgame chars, you told us numerous times that Dilithium will still be rewarded in STF's and then you removed it silently and presented us a more then flimsy escuse for doing so.

You greatly hurted your reputation by doing so, i'm absolutely sure people will spread the word about the behaviour of this company - i'll do so for sure in mmo related blogs and forums and others will do this also.

And you won't see any more money from me or my son who is also playing STO because we don't support liars.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    This change is absolutely trekkie because - no Star Trek series survived past Season 7 and with changes like these STO won't survive past Season 7 too.

It is a slap in the face of all endgame chars, you told us numerous times that Dilithium will still be rewarded in STF's and then you removed it silently and presented us a more then flimsy escuse for doing so.

You greatly hurted your reputation by doing so, i'm absolutely sure people will spread the word about the behaviour of this company - i'll do so for sure in mmo related blogs and forums and others will do this also.

And you won't see any more money from me or my son who is also playing STO because we don't support liars.

Seriously. They didn't lie. At least not technically. STF's still award Dilithium, at least indirectly. The problem that you all have is that you all want your Dilithium as soon as you can possibly get it. You won't be pleased unless you can do 4 daily missions a day each of which awards 1,440 Dilithium, as well as a couple dozen STF's a day, each of which awards near 1,000 Dilithium per run. Afterall that is what you are used to doing.

And you know what, the stability of the game's economy be damned. So long as you get all the gear you want in order to be the strongest most powerful gamer possible right from the start, only then will you be happy.

Truth of the matter is that the changes that have been instituted in the game in the past 24 hours have (assuming that the entire population of the game doesn't quit in the next 2 days) probably ensured that the economy of this game will be far more stable and will be able to sustain itself for far longer than it was likely to have been able to do prior to today. So I am personally happy with the changes. Despite the fact that we now need to grind Fleet Actions to get our Dilithium Fixes, we still have the ability to get the same exact amount of Dilithium in a single day (perhaps even more than we used to be capable of getting, afterall I just maxed out my Dilithium for a day on a Federation character in the first time EVER). So really take this for what its worth.

And for criminies sake, stop complaining so much.
This discussion has been closed.