What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ELITE STFS GIVE 0 DILITHIUM season 7

Comments

• Options
    mrsinister82mrsinister82 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Its hardly nerdrage when they have destroyed any reason to play PvE with anyone else but on your lonesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    BTW.... since you guys are running screaming "The sky is falling".... There's a new bug where sometimes PvE missions will give you rewards without notifying you. I had that happen to me today while playing Mine Trap(great mission BTW). Before I started I only had 7 or 9 marks(I forget which), but afterwards I had 44. I triple checked the mission log, but there was no text notifying me that I had received any reward of any kind for completing the mission. Obviously I DID actually receive some sort of reward, otherwise I wouldn't have had 44 Romulan Marks after I finished.

What's this have to do with the current Nerdrage fest? Check your dil amounts before and after the misxions to verify whether the game actually gave you dil.

its not, checked, double checked and wagged my middle finger at pwe many times this evening.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    BTW.... since you guys are running screaming "The sky is falling".... There's a new bug where sometimes PvE missions will give you rewards without notifying you. I had that happen to me today while playing Mine Trap(great mission BTW). Before I started I only had 7 or 9 marks(I forget which), but afterwards I had 44. I triple checked the mission log, but there was no text notifying me that I had received any reward of any kind for completing the mission. Obviously I DID actually receive some sort of reward, otherwise I wouldn't have had 44 Romulan Marks after I finished.

What's this have to do with the current Nerdrage fest? Check your dil amounts before and after the misxions to verify whether the game actually gave you dil.

Confirmed Here.
  • Options
    heero139heero139 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I definitely had 0 unrefined dil before and after the stf.

This has been this way for over a week on tribble, and everyone assumed it was a bug.

There's actually nothing to do in the game anymore for me.
    Zekkie@h33r0yuy
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dilithium is now available indirectly??!?! Exactly what part of that is says "Time Based Currency!?!?!" That's bullpucky to the N'th Degree. While you're busy putting the Direct Dilithium rewards back, I have to go find my pitchfork and torch shed.

Centre - pls tell me what you think of Mr Stahl's promise that season 8 will be about the KDF?
  • Options
    wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have foolishly spent about $100 on buying Zen for this game over the past few months (since free to play) and that was while grinding away at obtaining as much dilithium from STFs as possible.

Without that incentive though? That little bit of free dilithium?

Nope.

Sorry.

I'll be quitting unless this is fixed and the dilithium is restored.

I'm sure there are A LOT of people like me - who've given in to impulse and bought zen while they grind - and who will also not be accepting this particular nonsense.

You folks are slitting the throats of your golden geese.

You're taking away the anesthetic that is grinding for dilithium that enables us to fool ourselves into stupidly giving you real money for fictitious nonsense.

Without it, we see reality for what it is: corporate greed.
  • Options
    cursixcursix Member Posts: 0
    edited November 2012
    Well so much for everyone doing what they want to do while still gaining 'time currency'. At this point, you are forcing players to do certain missions just to get dilithium which removes time from the other missions.

I know of people who only play for the STFs; that is what they enjoy and they slowly gain gear and new things with the dilithium they gain. I know others who only PvP.

The smart thing would have been to give each way their own unique rewards. STFs have the Maco/Honor Guard at the end, Romulan have the Reamonn Set. Surely you could have giving Fleet Actions their own unique gear or abilities that can be earn.

For the record, I stop doing Fleet Actions a long time ago because it seemed to 'self' oriented. Instead of players teaming up for a common goal, everyone was trying to outdo each other's score to get the loot at the end (not to mention the accolades). If you had removed that individual ranking system and placed a more team oriented reward system in place, I would have played more often.
  • Options
    colson15colson15 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll put my two cents in a few seconds, as I don't have time to write a diatribe on PWE's gut-wrenching money scheme:

Shame on you, not even for the travesty you've done to all your loyal players who, despite all your bull**** since Season 6, have continued to support what they hoped this game could become, but for omitting any word on this dilithium change until it was already put in.

PWE, your greed is atrocious and abhorrent (lockboxes are horse****, too) and I WILL NOT spend another cent on this game until this is rectified.

(I'm a lifer, and I have spent over $450 on zen as well(P.S.S.S.S I have opened hundreds of temporal lockboxes and never got a single temporal ship) Yeah. One of those guys.)
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    To qoute a famous speech:

There's no point in acting all surprised about it. All the planning charts and demolition orders have been on display at your local planning department in Alpha Centauri for fifty of your Earth years so you've had plenty of time to lodge any formal complaints and its far too late to start making a fuss about it now.

*mankind yells in protest*

What do you mean you've never been to Alpha Centauri? Oh for heaven sake mankind it's only four light years away you know! I'm sorry but if you can't be bothered to take an interest in local affairs that's your own regard. God I don't know, apathetic bloody planet, I've no sympathy at all.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Can I has your stuffs?

I love your signature.
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rrincy wrote: »
    I know its probably a very unpopular opinion , but i dont see why people are complaining to the extent they are doing

A lot of players prefer it that way. There's no right way everyone has to prefer games. STO went from over 2 years of casual, alt friendly to what can only be considered single main with heavy grinding. Changing the way game is played is never going to be met with joy from players, especially since from their perspective its not a needed change. Some will say it was needed because tehy need to pay their bills too, but as a customer I say "who cares? If I gotta pay in time or cash I want value!".
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What is the purpose behind Dilithium?

In our game design, Dilithium represents time invested in playing a variety of select missions in STO. By setting the max cap per day, obtaining large amounts of Refined Dilithium requires logging in regularly and engaging with missions and systems that the STO team has designated. The STO team has consistently ensured that there is enough missions and systems in the game that any player should be able to earn 8000 Dilithium per day if they focus on Dilithium based missions for about 4 hours. By the way, the average level 50 player plays approximately 3.5 hours on a given day.

This is why we often refer to Dilithium as a time currency ? because all it takes to acquire Refined Dilithium is time. If characters are willing to invest time to obtain Dilithium, then they will be able to acquire some of the best rewards in the game. So play the game and you can earn these rewards. It really just takes time. This is an intentional part of our free-to-play game design. Anything in the game or even the c-store can be earned if you simply play the game and earn enough Dilithium.

How much Dilithium should a character need?

This all depends on the quality of the gear you want your character to have. Another way to look at it is ? the better the gear, the more Dilithium it will cost, and thus the more time it will take to earn.

End game gear prices range depending on the mark quality and exclusivity of the piece. For example, Ground Armor ranges from 6,300 Refined Dilithium up to about 16,800 Dilithium for Mk 12 Premium Set Ground Armor. More critical gear such as Space Impulse Engines can range from 37,900 Refined Dilithium all the way up to about 84,000 Refined Dilithium for a Mk 12 Premium Set Impulse Engine.

When measured against the max refining cap of 8000 Dilithium per day, it means that a player may need to invest about 5 days at 4 hours per session for the best MK 10 Purple item, and well over 10 days for the best Mk 12 Purple item (even more if you the item is part of the Fleet or Reputation tiers).

The only other reason that players may need more Dilithium is if they are in a Fleet as nearly all Fleet Projects require a significant amount of Dilithium that is meant to be a shared cost across all Fleet Members. The gear and starships offered as rewards from Fleet Projects are intended to take significantly more time due to the time involved in leveling up the Starbase. The reason why some top end Fleet gear costs less Dilithium in the store is because of the inferred Dilithium cost in leveling up the Fleet Holding.

So how much Dilithium do you need? It all depends on the quality of the gear you want and how much time you are willing to invest to get it. It is our design goal that players who spend the most time earning and refining Dilithium in the game will have the best gear and access to Dilithium ships. This is the reward for the investment of Time.

To sum it up ? we expect it to take several months of playing the game regularly for several hours per session in order to outfit a captain and crew with the best gear in the game.

In short, quit the game, or play 1 character only for 4 hours a day specifically in Dilith only missions (not STF's anymore) to advance to end game rewards... in a few months.

Is it me or does Cryptic have stupidly unrealistic demands on it's player base 4 hours a day to hit 8k per character. So 12 hours for 3 Chars...,

Beggars belief.:(

Also major elol @ 84k for a MkXII Maco Engine...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I just noticed that.

Good lord, they've really lost their marbles.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I just noticed that.

Good lord, they've really lost their marbles.

That works out to just over $5 US - wow - for an engine?
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Is it me or does Cryptic have stupidly unrealistic demands on it's player base 4 hours a day to hit 8k per character. So 12 hours for 3 Chars...,

Beggars belief.:(

I think its more unrealistic expectations of their game. Its not good enough to make people jump through so many hoops.
  • Options
    shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Someone linked me to this blog post or whatever and I must say I've never been so amused at how little a resemblance a dev's interpretation of either the game or real life itself could bear to reality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Is there any hope Mr Stahl will follow through with his KDF promises? (I mean the ones for season 8 - not the other broken ones for the last 2 1/2 years)
  • Options
    seidarkseidark Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just wish Cryptic would reply since it is an important change. Does Cryptic have an HR department?
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm thinking about opening a torch and pitchfork store... something tells me I'm gonna get a lot of business...
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You know i just realised something. Whats them from stopping them by adding in open pvp elements and forcing those people that dont enjoy that aspect in the game. I mean I hate.. I HATE fleet actions, its the reason I never bothered with them. And even now with current changes, will never ever even bother with them. So again.. they are forcing players to do something they dont enjoy by doing fleet actions to gain dilitheum.. whats them from implementing an open pvp system in this game in the future... I can see it happening.

And iam sorry 1000 dil for 5 bpu's, id have to do... 40 elite runs a day to get 8000 dil.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Today after running around on my steamrunner with much glee, all my happiness came to a screetching halt.

How you say?

STF, yes STF - That reality hit me like a freight train, and hard. I tested on tribble and received a nice amount of Dilithium. However; Came November 13th, and ouch.

The STF Rep Grind sucked the life out of me and the NO Dilithium rewards made it worse. I ran 6 in a row and quit since it really really felt like a grind (which is)

I have no motivation to run the STFs - I am hoping the Dev team made an error in removing the Dilithium reward from the STFs and will put them back.

If the removal of the Dilithium is as intended, then we're going to see the STFs become a ghost town -

I will make this clear, I do not like the personal Rep System, it is too much of a Grind as it is - Starbase projects are dead, now STFs are dead as well. All I can do now is claim my stipend and maybe play a few hours on Sat.

R.I.P. STFs

I do not need Mk XII Gear - the regular ones on the exchange is fine.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    LOl amazing isnt it what those bugs" are capable of. They have even eaten the little picture of dill clean off the StF que. Dill has a cap.... why was it deemed necessary to make it a major grind in the boring old and extremely dated starbase 24 and klingon scout force etc to get dill and some piece of kit. Plus why would people go into these events with their friends and fleet to basically compete against them for the best reward.. They wont, they will just pug it in the hope of total noobs they can out class. They have basically taken away the reason to fight together with fleet and friends in PvE because why do we need to get the optional in stfs now??

This pretty much hits the nail on the head, the whole system after the patch was poorly thought out at best and I don't really have any intention of doing PvE any more.

Exactly which part of STO is the "multiplayer" in MMO now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    stark2k wrote: »
    Today after running around on my steamrunner with much glee, all my happiness came to a screetching halt.

How you say?

STF, yes STF - That reality hit me like a freight train, and hard. I tested on tribble and received a nice amount of Dilithium. However; Came November 13th, and ouch.

The STF Rep Grind sucked the life out of me and the NO Dilithium rewards made it worse. I ran 6 in a row and quit since it really really felt like a grind (which is)

I have no motivation to run the STFs - I am hoping the Dev team made an error in removing the Dilithium reward from the STFs and will put them back.

If the removal of the Dilithium is as intended, then we're going to see the STFs become a ghost town -

I will make this clear, I do not like the personal Rep System, it is too much of a Grind as it is - Starbase projects are dead, now STFs are dead as well. All I can do now is claim my stipend and maybe play a few hours on Sat.

R.I.P. STFs

I suggest you read Mr Stahl's Blog

STF's are done - removing dithium was intentional and not an "error" in the whoops I forgot some code kind of way - more of the **** you go do some Fleet actions kind of way.
  • Options
    trenttylertrenttyler Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I suggest you read Mr Stahl's Blog

STF's are done - removing dithium was intentional and not an "error" in the whoops I forgot some code kind of way - more of the **** you go do some Fleet actions kind of way.

THey added the Dilithium reward BACK to STF's after the initial testing on the TS, and even said it was going to remain as such. So how is Di fixed?,
  • Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    trenttyler wrote: »
    THey added the Dilithium reward BACK to STF's after the initial testing on the TS, and even said it was going to remain as such. So how is Di fixed?,

They lied then to calm Tribble players and prevent the "feedback" from reaching Holodeck. Simple as that.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    stark2k wrote: »

Of course with the loot drops from STFs also removed, how long before even that stuff is in short supply even on the Exchange? Maybe 1/4 of the time it was something useful to someone somewhere, and even the vendor junk was a decent source of EC. Rarely it was even something genuinely desirable (found a Phaser DHC Mk12 [Acc]x2 once). There are still toys for the winners of fleet actions of course, but that does little good if you're a tank or a healer. Makes one wonder if the removal of those drops was specifically yet another way of pushing people towards the d-store as the only reliable source of gear better than vendor-purchased Mk9 stuff.
  • Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Makes one wonder if the removal of those drops was specifically yet another way of pushing people towards the d-store as the only reliable source of gear better than vendor-purchased Mk9 stuff.

Of course it is - doff changes, removal of loot drops are changes intended to bring down EC economy and make dil stores (Omega, Romulan, fleet) only sources of decent stuff. More dil sinks.
    Exactly which part of STO is the "multiplayer" in MMO now?

You don't know? Chat.

And yes, in their current form STFs are dead weight now. Ground STFs were killed in S7, so idk, space ones die for good in S8?

Next thing to expect is pushing players to grind on couple of maps to buy insanely expensive stuff (and/or vanity items) to make that grind a little bit more effective. Which is exactly what other PWE games are.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I will reiterate it here:

You don't need to run STFs for Omega rep.

You can get it from Borg Red Alerts.

The ONLY thing you need for gear at all are the Elite STF drops.

If you decide not to bother with the Mk XII sets, you can still get Omega rep and do it without running STFs.

So my takeaway is that players running STFs is not a priority for Cryptic.

Just stop running them.
  • Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Its not cryptic its PWE. Everyone at Cryptic hates PWE as well. Stahl probably just put his name on a blog post written FOR him.

Many people pointed out where everything was headed. The point is that they are forcing the Asian model on you, where you pay real $ to do anything. They dont expect you to play and grind. They expect you to just buy it.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    damecdamec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    IAlso major elol @ 84k for a MkXII Maco Engine...

Wait what? The dilithium cost for a whole mk XII set was supposed to be 100,000 making each item only cost about 33-34k dilithium each

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6177451&postcount=310

More lying with the changes sneaking in with announcement after the fact, geeze Stahl, borticus, they all seem to be making a habit of lying lately, its getting irritating
This discussion has been closed.