Comments

• Options
    garakfan84garakfan84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just read the Blog... :( Also the Conversion Rates are a joke:
    50 Marks = 500 Dilithium
    10 Borg Neural Processors = 1000 Dilithium
    WHAT? :eek:

Maybe it's not THAT BAD as I make it seem, I don't know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    anticlonus wrote: »
    Yes, those are the "Fleet actions" I refer to. Specifically I ran Klingon Scout force. No dilithium.

well as per the blog post we have now confirmed that STF's will no longer yield dilithium on completion. So this is a moot point.

STF grounds are totally dead I've been monitoring the STF channels and no one is playing them :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rrincy wrote: »
    I know its probably a very unpopular opinion , but i dont see why people are complaining to the extent they are doing

sto has been absolutely easy in mmo terms , easy to gear , a joke to level , and suddenly it gets more of a challenge and people riot :confused:
    yes i know people dont like to grind , but grinding is a fact of most mmos . not liking it isnt going to make it go away

The core issue isn't so much the dilith changes (don't get me wrong, those are bad), it's the blatant and unabashed lying that Dstahl and his cronies are doing to the playerbase.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I know its probably a very unpopular opinion , but i dont see why people are complaining to the extent they are doing

sto has been absolutely easy in mmo terms , easy to gear , a joke to level , and suddenly it gets more of a challenge and people riot :confused:
    yes i know people dont like to grind , but grinding is a fact of most mmos . not liking it isnt going to make it go away

People like yourself need to understand that this isn't a typical MMO crowd, if you took the Star Trek license away from this. The game would go under in a matter of hours.

People stay for Star Trek, but there is only so much you can squeeze them before even aspect doesn't weigh up against the grind and toil they don't want to do, they did not come here to play a "typical" MMO. Thats the truth.
    The core issue isn't so much the dilith changes (don't get me wrong, those are bad), it's the blatant and unabashed lying that Dstahl and his cronies are doing to the playerbase.

Also yes there is this aspect where they explicitly say that they will include Dilithium and then after launch reverse that completely.

Such behaviour does not engender trust.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I'm not usually one to complain (barring that time, not so long ago, that I was unable to log into the game at all, for nearly a month, with next to no help from tech support). Yet, this dilithium nerfing is absolutely outrageous!:mad:

So, you've now basically got to make 10 STF runs to get 1000 Dilithium (via BNP, which one is rewarded one of per STF) or 2 runs for 1000 Dilithium (via Omega or Romulan Marks, 60 per STF)??? And on top of all that, the Fleet people have little choice but to grind for dilithium all the more often? And us non-Fleet people are being indirectly pressured to join Fleets (as Fleet Actions still directly reward dilithium)? Not to mention gear and DOFFs now costing dilithium?

Serious FAIL here people.:(
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• Options
    outlaw51825outlaw51825 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    People like yourself need to understand that this isn't a typical MMO crowd, if you took the Star Trek license away from this. The game would go under in a matter of hours.

People stay for Star Trek, but there is only so much you can squeeze them before even aspect doesn't weigh up against the grind and toil they don't want to do, they did not come here to play a "typical" MMO. Thats the truth.

Also yes there is this aspect where they explicitly say that they will include Dilithium and then after launch reverse that completely.

A thousand times this. The changes to STF's were in none of the tribble notes and there was massive player outcry on this issue. Barring a long time friend yanking me back in here i will not take this from this dev team any more. I've turned over my rare traces, gave my good mirror ships to a friend who may still play and I'm pretty sure this wil be my last post for a good long while. Someone needs to get ahold of somone at CBS and pull the plug on this game.
  • Options
    rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited November 2012

that may be so , but it unfortunately doesnt change that that this is an mmo , grinding , unpalatable as it may be , isnt going anywhere , i do agree that they need to rethink this a tad , removing so many sources of dilthium to gte players to play content that they wouldnt normally touch with a ten foot pole isnt the greatest plan
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012

what challenge i dont see any all i see is a bigger grind forced to play more content for less rewards that is NOT a challenge unless u count finding the will power to log in.

and if they really wanted everyone to to refine 8k per day like stahl said they would add dilth to EVERYTHING not just TRIBBLE fleet actions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    notoryczny wrote: »
    I admit, I wanted to become a lifer. Now I don't want to.

As a pre-F2P lifer I say to you "dodged a bullet there, well done!".
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    "Make Dilithium more available to all level 50 players ? not just those playing on elite ? by increasing the average amount of Dilithium earned."

If that's the goal then what sense does completely removing it from elite make?
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Darth, these people don't understand how their own game works. Dan's stand-in from a while back said it took only 2 days to level to 50, which was absolutely false at the time, and then presided over the update that made it possible to do so in 1 day. Dan probably thinks that if you set your difficulty to "Elite" in settings, exploding trash mobs **** dilithium all over the place.

I'm at the same time surprised and not surprised... The little voice that says I told you so can't believe I haven't learned to listen by now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    romuzariiromuzarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So like, we want more people to have dilithium. So, um, so, we're gonna take out dilithium rewards for STFs. Yeah, that'll do the trick. We're not interested in giving people choices in how they farm their dil no more. You can just spam fleet actions now.

So, like, we better spam fleet actions while we can because I guarantee there will be a time when 1440 dil will be nowhere to be found. That's assuming you still care to play. Personally, you know what, yeah I'll still play. For 100% free. I'll give them my money again when they stop doing dumb things. So much for going after another jemmy before the promo ends. Maybe I'll throw EC at the exchange for a pack or two but so long to the 100 bucks I was prepared to spend trying to get that ship. I'ma in protest mode. Random pack opening fun be damned, I shall stick to my guns. It's all about principle.

Dammit I was really looking forward to opening packs this week. Fricking repugnant assed ****, I swear. It ruins my week. Whatever. Back to checking TRIBBLE out since I'm behind due to working late this evening. Grrr. I'm coming Star Wars. You can take that to the bank. You'll probably suck but at least it won't be as bad as STO at the moment.

Grrr and I was just getting OVER this non sense, and they go and do this. Complete blind sided. Whatever. I'm really going now. No maybe I'll just close the damn game out.
  • Options
    darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    romuzarii wrote: »
    I'm coming Star Wars. You can take that to the bank. You'll probably suck but at least it won't be as bad as STO at the moment.

No, it wont be as bad as STO, they'll at least let you know when they get tired of playing with their fleshlights and turn their wanting eyes towards you.
  • Options
    mrsinister82mrsinister82 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This has caused one thing to happen today in our fleet, everyone logged off to do somthing else and ive just joined them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cougiumsundayscougiumsundays Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    "Working as Intended"
    "Aren't you thankful"
    "Real Money Auction House is a very powerful tool"
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Just a heads up on STF's ( a possible bug )

Some people are not being awarded Marks if they are dead when the mission completes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at Cryptic, or it's all a conspiracy
  • Options
    mrsinister82mrsinister82 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Couldnt agree more matt, basically we are not getting the product we have been paying for anymore, ive been playing this with my lass for about a year now PvE kicking TRIBBLE with our fleet having a great time both went lifer spent a fortune on doff packs to try get her a bug ship both times, bought loads of ships. What do we do now for PvE..... play against each other in gorn minefield for the best reward.. no thanks. They can spin on that new ship cause this isnt what we paid for.. to have no reason to play together anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dilithium is now available indirectly??!?! Exactly what part of that is says "Time Based Currency!?!?!" That's bullpucky to the N'th Degree. While you're busy putting the Direct Dilithium rewards back, I have to go find my pitchfork and torch shed.
  • Options
    ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    While on tiribble I know you reduced the amount of direct dilthium from STFs, but now you took it all away. I did not mind the lowered amount, but now the amount of runs required to turn in marks and Borg Processors and the little amount of dilthium in return is pathetic. I refuse to do all the big fleet events to earn dilthium. Most of the fleet events do not work right or are just boring in general. In my mind Starbase 24 is the only "fun" one. Removing the rewards from STFs will not persuade most endgame players into playing fleet actions.
    A long time ago in an interview way back when STFs got redone into the new queue system you stated that those are going to be upgraded because more players enjoy and run those more often than PvP or fleet actions; and that is how you will decide how content in future updates will be managed. Federation gets more attention than KDF because of larger player base thus better updates. Now take a look back at all you data and I assure you that more people and more runs of STFs were done than fleet actions. So here is the question why try to refocus the player base when you could expand on the content that people enjoy and do over and over again?
  • Options
    mohkohnmohkohn Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    B'tran -1440 dili
    STF's -1100 + dili
    Mirror event only running once a day -4k + dili for an hour long run.

And you want us to earn more Dili..... as someone else has said, if you want us to hit our refine limit each day, add dili to everything.
  • Options
    thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    it makes no sense to have a refine limit with the way things are now, that should stop us from earning a lot, so why not let us have that dilithium back, i don't get their logic, no, i do get their logic, greed/money grabbing based, how to get more $$$ from us
  • Options
    admiraljt#1430 admiraljt Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    HE lies and i'm done.

3.5 hours a day? Sorry No can ****ing do not for this game any more. Talk about an epic failure. Great ideas. Disastrous implementation. And further of this Pay 2 Win philosophy that's been permiating this game since season 6 dropped. 3.5 hours of dilithium GRIND and thats doing nothing else.

Voting with my wallet. And my HD space. I'm done with PWE. Not just this game.

Can I has your stuffs?
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The story I heard of what was going to happen varied, from 480/960 to 240/480. Even if they'd gone with the latter, there'd be a lot of disagreement, even I, Ragey McFumealot, wouldn't be too bothered with it, but by cutting it entirely... I just don't get the periodic dev complaints about our hostility. Clearly they're masochists.

Or Machiavellian.

Cause the other explanation is, people started running with the 480/960 figures, Cryptic wanted to cut it to 240/480, but knew there'd be backlash, so now they'll weather one day of a perfect storm, and then tomorrow do the "Oh here you go, you big babies, we'll meet you at 240/480." in the hopes of passing it off as a concession rather than a nerf.

It's clever. It might work. As long as no one idly speculates about it on the forum. So hush.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    outlaw51825outlaw51825 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Can I has your stuffs?

I wasn't going to make another post i was just watching the rage. But i'll answer your question

My fleet got my rare traces, my best friend got the two mirror ships i was holding onto. Everything else worth a damn is bound. Aside from the Dil which i had no reason to use at that moment when i cleaned house. So no. You cant have my stuff. There isnt any to give away.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is completely unacceptable and unethical to wait until launch to suddenly tell every one "oh yeah, we lied and aren't just lowering your dilithium rewards, but removing them completely". This is exactly the kind of decisions being made lately that are going to kill the game. It's been clear for quiet some time they don't care about the fanbase or really even the game any more, it's all about making a quick buck rather than a long term improvement.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    BTW.... since you guys are running screaming "The sky is falling".... There's a new bug where sometimes PvE missions will give you rewards without notifying you. I had that happen to me today while playing Mine Trap(great mission BTW). Before I started I only had 7 or 9 marks(I forget which), but afterwards I had 44. I triple checked the mission log, but there was no text notifying me that I had received any reward of any kind for completing the mission. Obviously I DID actually receive some sort of reward, otherwise I wouldn't have had 44 Romulan Marks after I finished.

What's this have to do with the current Nerdrage fest? Check your dil amounts before and after the misxions to verify whether the game actually gave you dil.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was incredibly unhappy about the reduced Dil rewards for STFs. But I was willing to accept it given the other changes. My response to removing them altogether?

They invade our space, and we fall back. They assimilate countless worlds, and we fall back. Not again. Not this time. The line must be drawn here! This far, no farther!

EDIT:
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    Cause the other explanation is, people started running with the 480/960 figures, Cryptic wanted to cut it to 240/480, but knew there'd be backlash, so now they'll weather one day of a perfect storm, and then tomorrow do the "Oh here you go, you big babies, we'll meet you at 240/480." in the hopes of passing it off as a concession rather than a nerf.

It's clever. It might work. As long as no one idly speculates about it on the forum. So hush.

Nietzsche would be proud. -_-
This discussion has been closed.