What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ELITE STFS GIVE 0 DILITHIUM season 7

Comments

• Options
    daniela1055daniela1055 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    First off, PWI is the acronym of a GAME. Perfect World International is the American and European version of a game produced by Wanmei Entertainment. Perfect World Entertainment is the Subsidiary Company that has the rights to distribute Perfect World International in North America, South America, and Europe. Wanmei Entertainment is the Parent Company that owns the trademark for the game Perfect World.

Oh i wrote PWI instead of PWE ... you found a typo. Well - english isn't my native language. What is your excuse? ;)

And finally, online petitions are 100% useless. Asking the Forum Goers to stop giving Cryptic money is even more useless since the Forum goers represent only a tiny fraction of the actual population of the game.

So why you are here then when you consider it to be completely useless? ;)

If you are unhappy with the behaviour of a company then stop giving them any money at all, this and only this will make the company rething their decisions!
  • Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It is annoying to me to see people so mad over this because it means they have to spend more time in game...

There is distinct difference between spending more time in game and playing. If I have to grind 4 hours a day to support my fleet, I will get no pleasure from spending that time. And I don't have that 8 extra hours a day to get to dilithium cap, to get Romulan marks, get fleet marks, do some doffing and finally spend some quality time with fleetmates. If I choose to spend my time with fleetmates (in various mark actions, because s7 as is killed STFs for me) my fleet still suffers from dil shortage, if I grind dil I don't spend time with my fleet, and even if I get dil and marks, I'm tired with grind, so in the end I'm not getting any pleasure from this game - which should be main point of interest here, right?
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    keramondkeramond Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hey guys,

yes we will become less dilithium for doing elite stf, but as it stands now, 5 elite stf will get you:
    300 Omega Marks (+optional) --> 3000 dilithium
    5 bnp --> 1000 dilithium

thats 800 Dilithium per elite stf.

The thing that is worring me more, is that the omega mark reputation project is only available, if you got your tier 5.
  • Options
    helixsunbringerhelixsunbringer Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh i wrote PWI instead of PWE ... you found a typo. Well - english isn't my native language. What is your excuse? ;)

Huh?
    So why you are here then when you consider it to be completely useless? ;)

Because I am not trying to convince the forum-goers to stop giving PWE, Cryptic, or Wanmei their money. Nor am I technically trying to convince them to keep giving them their money. All I am trying to do is to explain to people here that things aren't as bad as they are making them out to be, and that it may not be Cryptics fault that STF's don't give out Dilithium anymore.

EDIT:
    notoryczny wrote: »
    There is distinct difference between spending more time in game and playing. If I have to grind 4 hours a day to support my fleet, I will get no pleasure from spending that time. And I don't have that 8 extra hours a day to get to dilithium cap, to get Romulan marks, get fleet marks, do some doffing and finally spend some quality time with fleetmates. If I choose to spend my time with fleetmates (in various mark actions, because s7 as is killed STFs for me) my fleet still suffers from dil shortage, if I grind dil I don't spend time with my fleet, and even if I get dil and marks, I'm tired with grind, so in the end I'm not getting any pleasure from this game - which should be main point of interest here, right?

You all must have some demanding fleets if they are requiring you to get 8,000 Dilithium a day seven days a week three hundred and sixty five days a year on multiple characters, on top of everything else the game offers...
  • Options
    bmoviequeenbmoviequeen Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    notoryczny wrote: »

My feelings exactly and alot of others I know. Everyone in our fleet has gone to play another game as there is no enjoyment to be had anymore. So gave away my ec's and the entire contents of my bank and that's B Movie Queen, and others, logging off until Cryptic makes it enjoyable for everyone again. Im pretty upset as a fan of star trek and a gamer, that this game is now dead.
  • Options
    mrsinister82mrsinister82 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My feelings exactly and alot of others I know. Everyone in our fleet has gone to play another game as there is no enjoyment to be had anymore. So gave away my ec's and the entire contents of my bank and that's B Movie Queen, and others, logging off until Cryptic makes it enjoyable for everyone again. Im pretty upset as a fan of star trek and a gamer, that this game is now dead.

Hold the door for me my love, im right behind you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Why do you feel the need to do that?

Their is no defending the fact that that cryptic guy lied to everyone and that PvE is now a solo based element because there is truely no reason to play together anymore. May as well pug everything, stf's may as well pug Inf elite once per character per day, most likely nail it cause its a piece of TRIBBLE and get more omega flakes than you need, then after that lets start doing gorn minefield etc for the dill and reward, once again pug it so your not competing against other serious bad asses in your fleet for the best reward just hoping for noobs to outclass. This game is now officially not what i paid, i didnt pay to play alone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    "Not what i paid for" that was meant to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I may a well chip in my 2 pennies.

Now I'm a free to play guy, I've never been tempted to buy shiny new hulls or clothing for my internet alter ego or spaceship. I am also content to use gear that works, not concerned about getting uber ultra purple mk12 endgame god gear - I'll be happy with blue mk11 across the board if my ship is still able to perform well in situations I put myself in.

This change is a blatant attempt to get me to open my wallet, and the do that by kicking their more loyal players in the teeth.

I have about 60k saved up in the bank since play how I want to, this change has made it impossible for me to get even half decent gear without having to grind dailies instead of enjoying all the other content the game provides. I understand however that I play for free, and that exclusive items should not be easy for me to acquire - I get this so I can grudgingly accept such a system.

What really irks me is that STF vets and subscribers, people who have donated far more time and money toward STO and should be the ones getting looked after, are having valid rewards taken away from end game content they enjoy. What's even worse is that Cryptic tries to sneak such a change in without declaring it, such an act is inexcusable and quite cowardly in my eyes.

These changes don't effect me as much as others, but even I recognise that these changes are plain stupid. If I paid money per month for this, I'd be rightfully pissed too!
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So my takeaway is that players running STFs is not a priority for Cryptic.

Just stop running them.

Err ... , respectfully , no .

STF's are the Babylon 5 for many STO players .
    Ther ARE our last best hope for quality gaming experience that entertained and awarded at the same time .

No STF's ? No STO .
    It's a simple formula and it works for me .
    But unlike many a player , I don't expect my formula to work for them .
    You want to grind FA's .
    Go ahead , have fun .
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Their is no defending the fact that that cryptic guy lied to everyone and that PvE is now a solo based element because there is truely no reason to play together anymore. May as well pug everything, stf's may as well pug Inf elite once per character per day, most likely nail it cause its a piece of TRIBBLE and get more omega flakes than you need, then after that lets start doing gorn minefield etc for the dill and reward, once again pug it so your not competing against other serious bad asses in your fleet for the best reward just hoping for noobs to outclass. This game is now officially not what i paid, i didnt pay to play alone.

If you would have read the fine print you would have seen that Dstahl did not technically lie. He may have been intentionally vague, or purposefully misleading. But he didn't lie.

What he said was that the inclusion of Dilithium at the conclusion of each individual STF run, was subject to possible change between the time of the Season 7 Tribble Tests, and the actual Live release of Season 7. So accurately speaking he was 100% honest with us. The dissenters just don't like the fact that he was vague in the way he worded it.

Also, those of you who are still subscribing to this game and are now complaining that the game is not what you paid for, are failing to comprehend something. Perfect World Entertainment, the company which now owns Cryptic Studio's is largely a Free To Play Company. The fact that they allowed Cryptic to maintain the Subscription Services on Star Trek Online is surprising to me as it does not mesh with their business model. You are not entitled to any additional perks or bonuses because you are a subscription holder. You do not suddenly have some special say in how the game is operated from behind the scenes due to paying a monthly fee. All the subscription does is give you a fancy title on the forums, and some in game boons that really aren't all that impressive in the grand scheme of things (with the possible exception of the 1,000 day veteran ship)
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If you would have read the fine print you would have seen that Dstahl did not technically lie. He may have been intentionally vague, or purposefully misleading. But he didn't lie.

What he said was that the inclusion of Dilithium at the conclusion of each individual STF run, was subject to possible change between the time of the Season 7 Tribble Tests, and the actual Live release of Season 7. So accurately speaking he was 100% honest with us. The dissenters just don't like the fact that he was vague in the way he worded it.

Also, those of you who are still subscribing to this game and are now complaining that the game is not what you paid for, are failing to comprehend something. Perfect World Entertainment, the company which now owns Cryptic Studio's is largely a Free To Play Company. The fact that they allowed Cryptic to maintain the Subscription Services on Star Trek Online is surprising to me as it does not mesh with their business model. You are not entitled to any additional perks or bonuses because you are a subscription holder. You do not suddenly have some special say in how the game is operated from behind the scenes due to paying a monthly fee. All the subscription does is give you a fancy title on the forums, and some in game boons that really aren't all that impressive in the grand scheme of things (with the possible exception of the 1,000 day veteran ship)

I already told you he explicitly said there WOULD be dilithium rewards at the end of each run but that they couldn't guarantee how much, at the time they were talking about either 480 or 980, not 0. That was the context.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    bmoviequeenbmoviequeen Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Do you work for those slimy TRIBBLE?
  • Options
    captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I'm sorry but like mama allways sa misleading truth is still a lie, every body knows this wasnt a last minute desition, they known this for a while they mislead us, and what is amazes me is how they can ignore prob 80% or more of the community, guess it like it was once said long ago in a far far away galaxy time to vote, with our wallets, that what its all about and the only power we have.
  • Options
    captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Also i would call for all the podcasters that we love to lisen to , to stand up for the comunity, and not white wash this into a love fest, Its time for them to put aside the fear if they dont swoon cryptic they wont get interviews, It seems what very few time some of them have stood by the comunity that cryptic seemed to lisen a bit so i hope they will also hear our outcry.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Congrats , you have been initiated into the Cryptic Defense League !
    Allow me to pin this fictitious medal into your chest . :)

Now FYI , seeing that your arguments take up most of the last two pages and your post count is still 35 -- let me tell you a few not-so-little not-so-secrets :
    You're not the first to defend Cryptic .
    You won't be the last .
    You too will break (unless you're payed to do this) . And even then we can break you . We're Star Trek fans . That means that despite the occasional appearance , we're kinda smart .

Lastly , "internet lawyering" can only get you so far . I'd point you to The Grand Nagus , but sadly he's sort of no longer with us . Sort of . ;)
    The dissenters just don't like the fact that he was vague in the way he worded it.

And I object being called a "dissenter" .
    Troll , pest and forum vermin I'm ok with . :P

In fact , if I were to engage in some "internet lawyering" myself , I'd go as far as calling you a "dissenter" -- as the dislike for the Dill nerf's and misleading promises is near unanimous on this wonderful island of minority called "the STO forums" . ;)
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Would the last person still playing STO turn the lights off when they leave please ;)
  • Options
    jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    After i played a Elite Hive Space, i received a Borg Neural Processor, and on my reputation tab got a 15second project to turn in 1 BNP for 1000 Dil ???

No direct Dil indeed, but dil nonetheless ....
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    In fact , if I were to engage in some "internet lawyering" myself , I'd go as far as calling you a "dissenter" -- as the dislike for the Dill nerf's and misleading promises is near unanimous on this wonderful island of minority called "the STO forums" . ;)

+1 here. Well said.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Do you work for those slimy TRIBBLE?

Why would I want to be in the employ of Perfect World Entertainment? I may be defending Cryptic Studio's right now, but thats only because I can sympathize with some of the headache's that must be going on at the Cryptic Offices right now because of the oversight that has been thrust upon them by the parent company Perfect World Entertainment.

I had been playing Perfect World International for far longer than I have ever played Star Trek Online. And I can tell you plenty of horror stories regarding the policies, decisions, and various other problems that Perfect World Entertainment let go to press on that game. If this were likely to be a case of an issue that was solely the decision of Cryptic Studio's, then I likely wouldn't be defending them. But since it is 90% likely that Perfect World Entertainment had a hand in the decision to remove Dilithium from the STF's, I will defend Cryptic Studio's until I see evidence otherwise.

Also, it is highly telling that not one of the Cryptic Staff has posted in this thread as of yet. That is a tactic that is usually employed by Perfect World Entertainment. In their case they will withhold any statement from the staff unless that staff is the community manager, and in his case he usually has to respond from a very specific script or he has to be very vague in the way he responds. That is the typical tactic that Perfect World Entertainment utilizes in this kind of situation.
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Now FYI , seeing that your arguments take up most of the last two pages and your post count is still 35 -- let me tell you a few not-so-little not-so-secrets :

Post Count is irrelevant. My post count is so low because of 2 reasons.

A.) the Universal Forum Reset nuked my post count on this forum and I just haven't cared about a subject enough to warrant my bringing it back up until today.

and B.) My post count does not include the other Perfect World Forums. Take the Perfect World International Game Forums. Over there I have 532 posts on my main character, and my join date was March 2011. That's not counting my alt account, and additional characters on each account which each count their posts separately. I am not a noob when it comes to how Perfect World Entertainment functions.

That said, I too am a Star Trek Fan. Those who defend Cryptic in their hour of need can also be Star Trek Fans. The haters don't own a monopoly on the fandom.
  • Options
    ozy83ozy83 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There's just no real incentive to play as much as before, the drastic dilithium austerity measures across STO = "I'm not spending more hours of my life on this game, and no that doesn't mean I'm opening my wallet for you again and again".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Watch:
    Delta Rising: Warning
    Anniversary Event: Severe
    Iconian Season: Critical
  • Options
    bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited November 2012
    I think DStahl's blog is an awesome exercise in illogic.

(Paraphrasing, not exact quotes)
    "Most level 50s play for around 3.5 hours per day."
    "Most level 50s aren't refining their daily dilithium cap. In fact, the average is well below half of the refining limit."
    "We're taking away some of the ways you used to get dilithium, shifting those rewards to content that takes longer to do AND requires longer to organise (requiring 12-20 people instead of 5)."
    "We believe that our new changes will make it so level 50s can reach their daily dilithium cap by playing for longer than most level 50s play for (4 hours to reach cap, average of 3.5 hours online per day)."
    "We want it to be easier for level 50s to reach the refining cap."

So. They want to make it easier for players to reach the cap, so they take away a load of the easier methods for making dilithium, and shift dilithium rewards into missions that take longer to both do and queue for. That is not logical Captain.
    They want more players to reach the dilithium cap, so they have worked out the average time to reach the cap is approximately half an hour longer than the average player plays per day. That is not logical Captain.
    The average amount of dilithium refined per day is less than half of the maximum, yet they want more players to reach the cap, and they expect people to do that by squeezing longer missions into the same amount of play time (or they expect people to quit their jobs, or families, or whatever to ensure they have more time in game). That is not logical Captain.
    They want more people to reach the cap, so they are making it harder to do so. That is not logical Captain.

Even ignoring the arguments about whether or not the devs lied to us about the STF rewards (which, in my opinion, they did), just reading DStahl's latest blog you'll see they really have no idea what they are doing beyond finding new ways to shaft their player base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    jivedutch wrote: »
    After i played a Elite Hive Space, i received a Borg Neural Processor, and on my reputation tab got a 15second project to turn in 1 BNP for 1000 Dil ???

No direct Dil indeed, but dil nonetheless ....

Check again, its 1k ore for 5 BNP. Which gives 200 dil per elite stf. Unless you want to use said BNPs on sthg different.
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bortjinx wrote: »
    I think DStahl's blog is an awesome exercise in illogic.

*snip*

So what you're saying is...

Everyone at Cryptic has Ben'dai syndrome?
  • Options
    bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited November 2012
    So what you're saying is...

Everyone at Cryptic has Ben'dai syndrome?

Yes! Exactly, lol.

Either that or they have encountered some kind of spatial anomaly that turned them all into Ferengi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bortjinx wrote: »
    Yes! Exactly, lol.

Either that or they have encountered some kind of spatial anomaly that turned them all into Ferengi.

No really, Stahl is running PWE by the Rules of Acquisition. It's obvious with the overall theme being "get rich, TRIBBLE your customers."

Does he care if he becomes the most hated man ever to be involved in Star Trek? Prolly not.
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am sure that this has been mentioned in the posts above mine... but I will re-add.

The blog post is not logical, the argument is invalid.
    Concern 1 ? Active level 50 players are refining far less Dilithium than we expect them to.
    Prior to Season 7, the average amount of Dilithium refined by an active level 50 player was 3100 per session or 13,250 per week. That is far less than the cap of 8000 per day when you consider that most level 50 players play multiple days per week and slightly more than the average hours per session.

Looking at your concern here... it would seem to me that your goal would be to increase the availability of Dilithium.
    Make Dilithium more available to all level 50 players ? not just those playing on elite ? by increasing the average amount of Dilithium earned. We want the average amount of Dilithium earned by all level 50 players to exceed 13,250 per week and will be monitoring and adjusting Dilithium rates to ensure this happens. This also means moving Dilithium rewards to missions that are more accessible to the average player (Normal Fleet Actions) and away from Elite only STFs. STFs will still reward Dilithium indirectly, but Fleet Actions now reward Dilithium each run.

The first statement makes complete sense, "Make Dilithium more available". I even agree with second statement "not just those playing on elite".

To that end, adding dilithium into the Fleet Actions serves that goal. No other change would be required.

Where your logic escapes me is reducing and gating Dilithium from Elite on STF's. It just doesn't add up.

Concern 1: People are refining less dilithium then we expected
    Response 1: Add more dilithium to other content -- Valid
    Response 2: Reduce dilithium from STFs -- Invalid

Response 2 is invalid based on the premise of your initial argument that people are refining less Dilithium then you want them to... "We want the average amount of Dilithium earned by all level 50 players to exceed 13,250 per week".

The logic on the second response just fails me. You want more dilithium refined... but reduce the dilithium from a popular aspect of the game.

Can you help me understand?

Second point I would like to make. Dilithium has not been entirely removed from STF's, Reduced yes... even severely gated... true. EliteSTF's are worth 800-950 Dilithium, at the stated rates. However, this is locked until you reach T5 of the reputation system if I am correct.

Project 1 = 50 Marks = 500 Dilithium (10 Dilithium per Mark)
    Project 2 = 5 BNP = 1000 Dilithium (200 Dilithium per BNP)

A completed Elite STF (without optional) awards 60 Marks, and 1 BNP.
    (60*10)+200=800

A completed Elite STF (with optional) would be worth approximately 950 Dilithium
    ((60 * 1.25)*10)+200 = 950.

Project 2 is available as soon as you complete an EliteSTF. The problem, as I see it, is that Project 1 is not available until you have unlocked T5 of the Omega Reputation System.

Edit: The second issue with the Conversion to Dilithium, are the project times... if I recall correctly from Tribble Project 2 has a completion time of 1 day 16 hours. I will asssume that the same time requirements would be in place for the Marks to Dilithium project. In a standard week, we would be able to run a total of 4 of these projects a week, and that is assuming we are online at almost the second the first project completes. As there is only 1 special project slot (where at least the BNP project is run from).

Assuming we use the BNP's... thats 4000 Dilithium, the Marks would be 2000 Dilithium, in a week. (Its one or the other, not both (if the project to convert Marks to Dilithium is a "Special Project". This is far below your stated goal of 13,250 per week (which personally i think is too low).

If you were to make Project 1 available earlier, reduce the time to say 30 minutes to 1 hour, and allow the projects to run concurrently... I believe your stated goals would be achieved, and make the playerbase who enjoys STF's a little happier (mind you not ecstatic).

Its a win-win.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    darimund wrote: »
    No really, Stahl is running PWE by the Rules of Acquisition. It's obvious with the overall theme being "get rich, TRIBBLE your customers."

Does he care if he becomes the most hated man ever to be involved in Star Trek? Prolly not.

Guys, Dstahl does not run Perfect World Entertainment. The CEO of Perfect World Entertainment is Alan Chen, not Dstahl.

The only thing Dstahl is responsible for is the Cryptic Studio's subsidiary company within Perfect World Entertainment.
This discussion has been closed.