What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ELITE STFS GIVE 0 DILITHIUM season 7

Comments

• Options
    darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    He sucks too then, point is the business ethics of this organization are just god awful.

PWE should consider this entire thread a petition to reinstate dilithium rewards for STF's and I would even go so far as to ask the bone head ultimately responsible for this decision for his resignation.
  • Options
    andrestartrekandrestartrek Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't know if I must laugh or cry, I have no words for this, how could you do this, WHY. What is the point of doing STF if the only thing you do is get gear to do STF with. Only way you want to do that is to make STF easier so you can get easier your loot and dil. But if I don't do STF in don't need the borg gear to grind borg with. So there is no logical conclusion to do STF anymore.

Also the prices of the doff replacement in ridiculous high and many more things that are in the shadows off this STF mishap.

I hope you guy change it back else I am off to other things.
  • Options
    wapaka42wapaka42 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hello all,

why do people always complain for no reason. Yesterday I did 5 pve for dilithium/gear, for which I got 7200 dilithium ore. It took me 1 hour 30 minutes to do them. Plus the cool down is also lower than STF. So I can do them over and over. I can reached a higher amount of dilithium daily. if I wanted too. But since I can only refine 8000 daily, what the point to have more than 8000.

The only complains I have are as follow:

1. Why did they switched the count of the number of people queuing for PVE/STF for just the number of people needed to start a PVE/STF. This is so dum. Now you have no idea of how many people are queuing, and you have twice the same info about the PVE/STF.

2. It would have been better to remove a project when it is done. This is about the reputation system. By mistake I clicked twice on the same project, and now I have to do it twice. Another dum idea.

That is all I have to say. Everything else seems to be fine.

PS: Why is my M.A.C.O MK XI PSG so useless now. It is worse than having a normal PSG, wether I am playing PVE or STF. IT is exactly the same for my ship shields, they seems to be weaker than they used too.
  • Options
    helixsunbringerhelixsunbringer Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would support this, I think someone needs to leave or be transferred to a department with Zero customer interaction, this whole mess could have been avoided if we were notified of their plans upfront.

If we had been notified of their plans right up front, what difference do you really think it would have made? Do you really think that knowing about it in advance would have enabled you to change the companies mind in some way about the direction they were planning to go in? I doubt it. All that knowing about it right up front would have enabled you to do, is to go on a longer nerd rage.
  • Options
    nikkyvixnikkyvix Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Mm, good morning. I see this is still a thing.
    Now you are just stretching. It has already been said by someone in this thread that there is no longer just a single "TOP PRIZE" in Fleet Actions. Additionally I have been in 3 Fleet Actions tonight. In all 3 cases I did not make First Place. Rather I made 3rd Place or lower. In all three instances I got around 1,440 Dilithium. That is comparable with the Explore Strange New Worlds and Foundry Dailies in the quantity of Dilithium earned. So clearly you are not required to win the entire Fleet Action in order to get a Dilithium reward of any consequence.

Nice try, quoting me after I openly admitted:
    nikkyvix wrote: »
    That I did not know, thank you. I'll have to update my information there..I have sort of avoided the elder fleet actions for quite some time.

So what are you getting at? Shame on me for saying something before I knew better?
    Oh, and for the record, the stuff that irks me probably doesn't irk the rest of you. ... The reason this irks me is because unlike alot of you with your plush jobs who can go and spend all this money on the game like it's nothing. I actually struggle to make ends meet.

Guess what, you can spend the same amount of time you usually spend in game. It will just take you longer to achieve your goals. Thats not all that bad in the long run. And if this happens for a large enough number of people, guess what? They might change it back!
    If you would have read the fine print you would have seen that Dstahl did not technically lie. He may have been intentionally vague, or purposefully misleading. But he didn't lie.

Also, those of you who are still subscribing to this game and are now complaining that the game is not what you paid for, are failing to comprehend something.
    All that knowing about it right up front would have enabled you to do, is to go on a longer nerd rage.

You know, you're really haughty when it comes to these replies you have for people, my supposed Texan friend. I can't help but catch a whiff of supercilious self-indulgence in your perceptions about those you're responding to and the picking and choosing what you react to. So are you really just here to tell us that 'it's not as bad as we think'? Or are you just punching at the waves?

I'm curious what you expect to ultimately happen or what you're actually getting out of this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
    "Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Mm, good morning. I see this is still a thing.

Nice try, quoting me before I openly admitted:

So what are you getting at? Shame on me for saying something before I knew better?

Look, I wasn't even going to respond to that statement that you made after your quote of Dstahl. But you asked me to respond to it. Now you are upset because you made a subsequent statement that seemingly invalidated it? Make up your mind damnit.

You know, you're really haughty when it comes to these replies you have for people, my supposed Texan friend. I can't help but catch a whiff of supercilious self-indulgence in your perceptions about those you're responding to and the picking and choosing what you react to. So are you really just here to tell us that 'it's not as bad as we think'? Or are you just punching at the waves?

I'm curious what you expect to ultimately happen or what you're actually getting out of this.

I am not actually a native of Texas. I have just been living here for a rather long time and have adopted some of the speech mannerisms into both my speech and my written text.

What I am curious about is how you people actually would have responded if Dstahl had told you the "truth" as you want to call it right from the get go and not misled you about what they intended to do regarding the STF's. Do you really think him telling you what was really going to happen would have made any bit of difference in the grand scheme of things? Would your knowing about it back then really have done anything other than provided you a longer opportunity to complain? Do you really think you have that much influence over the staff at Cryptic Studio that you can change their policies that heavily?

EDIT: And wow, I forgot entirely about the profanity filters on the Perfect World Forums... been so long since I posted on them...
  • Options
    tieberionetieberione Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wow, almost 18,000 views to this thread.
    I wonder if someone at Cryptic/PWE will get the hint.
    Give us back what we like. Customers, remember?
    Tieberion, Captain of the USS Excalibur NX-97000-B

• Options
    scoustarscoustar Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tieberione wrote: »
    Wow, almost 18,000 views to this thread.
    I wonder if someone at Cryptic/PWE will get the hint.
    Give us back what we like. Customers, remember?

No, they won't. They've decided to lie and show the consumers they have no rights and no power. Get used to it or move on :(
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    scoustar wrote: »
    No, they won't. They've decided to lie and show the consumers they have no rights and no power. Get used to it or move on :(

When did any of you sign a contract with Cryptic Studio's specifying that you had shareholders rights within that business? Even people with a lifetime subscription do not by necessity have shareholder rights.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    This is simple to answer.

No they probably would not have changed it anyway, however the change would not now be tainted with the bitter taste of half truths, total lies and underhanded shafting. We would also have had time to aclimatise to the impending changes before S7 was launched so that the day itself was not spoilt by this sudden U-Turn. Of course I speak for myself but I feel many would agree.

I can understand this sentiment. However, you have to acknowledge that there could be any number of reasons why they did not tell you. Of which the inclusion of a Non-Disclosure Agreement being handed down by Perfect World Entertainment regarding the Season 7 changes is the most likely culprit (and something that has happened before in other PWE Games).
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well it was very unlikely I was going to return to this game anyway but now that STF's are not giving any dilithium and really just giving me ****. Which I can get from any mini game of my choice. I am leaving the game I have been considering it for a while as the gem has become more work than enjoyable. I was taking a sabbatical as I became a dad to twins and this has just stregthend my resolve to not log on anymore. I will stay on the forums for a while to see if anything changes and if not then it be Goodbye to STO and good riddence to Cryptic/PWE
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited November 2012
    What I am curious about is how you people actually would have responded if Dstahl had told you the "truth" as you want to call it right from the get go and not misled you about what they intended to do regarding the STF's. Do you really think him telling you what was really going to happen would have made any bit of difference in the grand scheme of things? Would your knowing about it back then really have done anything other than provided you a longer opportunity to complain? Do you really think you have that much influence over the staff at Cryptic Studio that you can change their policies that heavily?

Don't be an idiot. Of course people would have been disappointed in the decision, and yes there would have been a lot of complaining done.

However, the one point above all else that people seem to be upset about here isn't the fact there STFs no longer offer dilithium rewards. It is because they felt lied to. The devs gave players the impression that the dilthium rewards would be coming back to STFs. There have been numerous comments here where people have said this, even down to tweaking the rewards to pacify people when they first announced the ridiculously low rewards they intended to use.

Then, low and behold! S7 goes live, and all those reassurances of 'Don't worry, it's just a bug. It will be resolved soon' that were given to people on Tribble are held up to be the lies and misdirection that we have come to expect from Dan Stahl and his workers.

You are right. He did put a single caveat in a single post about dilithium rewards that said they might make some changes from Tribble to Holodeck. At the same time, that very post was also the one that led people to believe that STFs would still reward a reasonable amount of dilithium.

Frankly, I'm going to continue playing because I enjoy blowing stuff up in my Defiant, but until it is proved, I will never trust another word from any of STO's development team, and Cryptic can forget about me getting anything new from the store.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Speculation. In any case, whatever the reason, it was handled badly, very badly.

It's more of an educated guess than it is speculation. Based on past experiences while playing Perfect World International. I can say for a fact that Perfect World Entertainment is overly fond of forcing it's employee's to sign Non-Disclosure Agreements regarding upcoming updates to their games.

Ultimately this causes a litany of problems. Such problems include the Employee's who used to post with a startling frequency on the forums starting to disappear from the forums entirely. The only ones on the staff who remains in near constant communication with with the community will often be the Mods of the Forum, who are usually simply players who volunteer their time to keep order on the forums, and the Community Manager whose role on the forum basically boils down to Perfect World Entertainment Public Mouthpiece. Unfortunately in both cases the information that results is either blatant apologetic "We don't know's" from the Mods or out right denial of knowledge from the Community Manager. Or even worse a Community Manager who starts spouting stuff like "It's coming soon!" or "In the next update, I promise!" all while not actually telling us anything at all.

Perhaps you have seen some of this behavior in Star Trek Online's staff. But trust me, it doesn't even come close to the blatant double-crosses that have occurred on Perfect World International.
  • Options
    daniela1055daniela1055 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can understand this sentiment. However, you have to acknowledge that there could be any number of reasons why they did not tell you. Of which the inclusion of a Non-Disclosure Agreement being handed down by Perfect World Entertainment regarding the Season 7 changes is the most likely culprit (and something that has happened before in other PWE Games).

You are really a company's most valuable customer. No matter what they do, they can rest assured that you will find some excuses for them.

See... people are investing money in this game. Some more, some less, some invest enormous sums, some nothing. But everyone who is investing money is also doing it based on the statements a company is making.

Now try to imagine that: a company promises you that you will get a car for your money and then they hand out a bicycle with support wheels (stabilizers) to you and telling you 'Hey! A car has four wheels, this bicycle has four wheels too!' ... reading all your excuses for this company here i'm sure you'll find some excuses for this too and proudly rides your shiny new bicycle with support wheels instead of the promised car. :D

If you are unhappy with the behaviour of a company then stop giving them any money at all, this and only this will make the company rething their decisions!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Look, I wasn't even going to respond to that statement that you made after your quote of Dstahl. But you asked me to respond to it. Now you are upset because you made a subsequent statement that seemingly invalidated it? Make up your mind damnit.

Upset?
    I don't seem to be the one meeting that state right now, cap'n.

I am not actually a native of Texas. I have just been living here for a rather long time and have adopted some of the speech mannerisms into both my speech and my written text.

See mattjonsonova's post. He already answered what I would have.

You are still laboring under the misconception that these people are mad that they couldn't change Cryptic's minds or that they mistakenly thought they had the power to. Some are, most def, and with the familiarity afforded to the community from the developers there's blame to be placed in that perception. But it's been said, exhaustively and repetitively, what the real underlying issue is: A declaration of intent on Tribble with content that turned out to be false, coupled with a blog post from STO's EP which has expressed a mechanical opinion of players and their play habits and, at best, conflicted logic for their expected earnings of dilithium.

So you really have no intention of answering the question of what you expect to get out of this thread?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited November 2012

If this is true, and there was something preventing the staff from tellng the player base the truth, then that says a hell of a lot about the parent company.

It doesn't make a lot of difference though. We either can't trust the devs, or we can't trust the people who tell the devs what to do. Either way, we can't trust the game. Can we?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trenttylertrenttyler Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Is there any hope Mr Stahl will follow through with his KDF promises? (I mean the ones for season 8 - not the other broken ones for the last 2 1/2 years)

When has he ever kept a promise made to the playerbase? I mean 100% kept what he said and followed through on it?

We've been promised a fully fleshed out KDF for years now, it is never going to happen.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    You are really a company's most valuable customer. No matter what they do, they can rest assured that you will find some excuses for them.

See... people are investing money in this game. Some more, some less, some invest enormous sums, some nothing. But everyone who is investing money is also doing it based on the statements a company is making.

Now try to imagine that: a company promises you that you will get a car for your money and then they hand out a bicycle with support wheels (stabilizers) to you and telling you 'Hey! A car has four wheels, this bicycle has four wheels too!' ... reading all your excuses for this company here i'm sure you'll find some excuses for this too and proudly rides your shiny new bicycle with support wheels instead of the promised car. :D

This isn't entirely true. At least not for all companies. There are some companies out there that I absolutely refuse to do business with, or which I won't buy certain products from. Take Microsoft for example. While I adore Microsoft Windows as a platform for Personal Computers... there is no way in all the cosmos that anyone is going to convince me to ever buy a video gaming system from the Microsoft company. They just don't know how to build them properly.

With regards to your statement about cars... depends, if I went to a used car salesmen then par for the course I suppose...
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    But it's been said, exhaustively and repetitively, what the real underlying issue is: A declaration of intent on Tribble with content that turned out to be false, coupled with a blog post from STO's EP which has expressed a mechanical opinion of players and their play habits and, at best, conflicted logic for their expected earnings of dilithium.

Quoted and bolded for truth and the lulz.

I have been on the forums since beta and RARELY have I seen soooooo many posts in such a short period of time from such a diverse and large amount of people except in the S7 Blog post #8, (Dilithium changes wand Omega TRIBBLE where many of the lies began), S7 #16 (where the blind ques for PvE were discussed and more obfuscation was thrown around) and the current S7 #17 (Stahl's convoluted logic behind Dil nerfs and "Playing as Intended")

S7: Instead of "New Romulus" it should be called "Nerf Grindulus"

-ABM
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When did any of you sign a contract with Cryptic Studio's specifying that you had shareholders rights within that business? Even people with a lifetime subscription do not by necessity have shareholder rights.

There are two rules in publicly floated companies,

1] Take care of your shareholders
    2] Take care of your stakeholders (that would be customers to the uneducated)

In private companies just 2] is applicable.

As an addendum, Shareholders agreements are not homogenous, some have voting rights, some do not, dividends, selling and the like are also regulated in different ways depending on the agreement. Thus even if any of us we're shareholders in PWE... it's highly likely we'd have very little rights anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    bortjinx wrote: »
    If this is true, and there was something preventing the staff from tellng the player base the truth, then that says a hell of a lot about the parent company.

It doesn't make a lot of difference though. We either can't trust the devs, or we can't trust the people who tell the devs what to do. Either way, we can't trust the game. Can we?

Despite our fencing, I know what he's getting at on the part of the relationship of the parent company with Cryptic.

We're used to the familiarity we had with Cryptic in the past, however informal it was. This isn't a money-making factor for PWE (nor Cryptic really), so doesn't really factor in if, say, PWE is issuing NDAs to Cryptic on their business models and intentions with the game's economy and content. They don't owe us a straight answer in the end, by the strictly cold logic of contracts. And some at Cryptic may still blanch and squirm under such a situation where they're forced to stay quiet, or to face the ire of their community when the orders from on-high--which they cannot countermand--stirrs up the community.

Without someone who can actually say this is what's going on, however, we are no closer to assuming this is what's going on and Cryptic themselves are just the kids caught in the middle, or as leviathan99 said on a different post, that the decisions might've come from Cryptic themself. We likely will not know this, and that uncertainty does not foster trust.

Thing is, what you're left with is what you see and how you perceive things are happening from it. That, and faith. Faith that the company is really trying to look out for you in the end despite the illogic that comes from Stahl's blog posts and the silence of devs who are honestly just trying to keep their jobs and not cause added controversy.

Without an actual account of why things are the way they are, no one really can say what's going on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    trenttyler wrote: »
    When has he ever kept a promise made to the playerbase? I mean 100% kept what he said and followed through on it?

We've been promised a fully fleshed out KDF for years now, it is never going to happen.

Let's not be overly harsh. Dan has delivered on plenty of openly-expressed ideas in the past. If he had not, he wouldn't be (re)employed at Cryptic as STO's Executive Producer (the guy/lady responsible for making sure projects are charted and met) and his rep with the community would be far worse. The problem is that there are many more which have not come to fruition, or which have been shelved or removed for various reasons.

A shame he stopped telling us about his desire to have the V'ger craft in the game. Gave me hope it might be referenced aside from the Unimatrix B'ger craft. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Let's not be overly harsh. Dan has delivered on plenty of openly-expressed ideas in the past.

Bolded for emphasis. Any goodwill he may have accrued previously has more than likely been entirely destroyed. Reputations are funny like that, takes years to build them but the instant you decide to start blatantly lying to folks faces they crumble.

To paraphrase my favorite Turian:

"Whatever he was before, he'll be remembered for this"
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If any of you would like to look at PWE's finances and shareholder info you can find it here...

http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/index.html

So far this year their operating profit is @ 24 Million US Dollars.

And they pay no tax, as their accounts are in the Cayman Islands.:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So I just read the blog about the dil and everything makes total sense now

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=747851
    Pre-Season 7 Dilithium Concerns

As we approached Season 7, we spent a lot of time reviewing the Dilithium economy and evaluating changes that needed to be made based on the following concerns:

Concern 1 ? Active level 50 players are refining far less Dilithium than we expect them to.
    - Daniel Stahl

/edit

ps. if you need a good laugh check out the replies, I am sure my neighbors are ready to hospitalize me from all the loud noises I made
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    vestereng wrote: »
    So I just read the blog about the dil and everything makes total sense now

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=747851

- Daniel Stahl

/edit

ps. if you need a good laugh check out the replies, I am sure my neighbors are ready to hospitalize me from all the loud noises I made

Amusingly, those of us who cashed out our STF loot pre-S7 will definitely meet that daily refinement measurement they're using to gauge our play with for a good while. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainluke85captainluke85 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/perfect-world-entertainment-in-redwood-city-ca-375623

Pretty much sums it up. China is all about " take their money and run " attitude.
    Along with slave laws, human rights violations & etc in China. I'm not surprised to any of this due to their philosophy of putting this mentality into games especially MMO's.

This game needs to be bought and brought back into the American hands. STO needs to be sold to American game developer that actually listens to the consumers from around the world and more importantly " LISTENS " to it's consumers. I said it two times to make sure you are paying attention.

If it does not, this game is going to be shut down in probably a few years from now.

Something needs to be done. Not tomorrow, not after breakfast....NOW! This game is in serious danger of collapsing like a dying star. Right now we are red hypergiant.
This discussion has been closed.