Install Arc
Options

You guys are going to love this - Removed B'tran dilthium

Comments

• Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    You would not happen to be a KDF player - worried about being nerfed too - are you?

Yes and no .
    It's amusing tho that from my response all that you took away was this superficial question .
    Remember , what you write also shows off what kind of person you really are ... -- in this case it kind of shows that you only really care about yourself and not any other player .

Originally Posted by levi3
    Very creative. you don't want to give anyone the wrong ideas.
    daveyny wrote: »
    Interesting that particular thought, should come from you...

Sweet-sweet irony indeed . :cool:
  • Options
    fourxgamerfourxgamer Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There's going to be a new Rome Total War in 2013, I'll probably be playing that.

http://www.totalwar.com/en_us/rome2
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sonulinu2 wrote: »
    Why? Just...why?

I'm getting so tired arguing with Cryptic. No explanation, no chance to discuss, and even if we do it's likely we're not listened to. Dil sources are less, dil rewards are less, dil grind missions are more numerous, dil costs are higher.

I guess they feel this is all justified since they removed dil costs from rep. At least I thank you for that.

I really wonder what goes through their minds when they make these decisions. Are they doing this to spite us because we made a big stink about dil sinks and they removed it from the new rep system? "We'll give it to them here but don't worry we'll TRIBBLE them back over there."

In business we say that impression is everything. I started with a very high and hopeful impression of Cryptic but it seems like every other day this gets eroded away. :mad:

Has anyone tried the Deferi dailies? Are they still intact?

You know, Dan can find it amusing if he wants, but I perceive a definite tightening of the screws going on with this season 7, and NOT in a good way.

I just don't get it, I'm waving fifty bucks at em, take it from me fer Christ sakes !

At least we'll have the Vesta and New Romulus to look forward to.
    Not that I'll be enjoyin them much slaving away under guard in the dilithium mines of Rura Penthe :rolleyes:
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    jackdonnerjackdonner Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I HAVE DONE IT!! I believe i have figured out Cryptic's Evil Master Plan!! They are cutting all the Dilithium so they can start stuffing it into LOCKBOXES!!

Yep..thats what we will see next.:eek:
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    More likely They'll just put it in Crates in the C-Store...

At a "modest markup" that any Ferengi would be very proud of.

;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So it takes five minutes instead of two seconds to get the foundry daily now and they removed one lousy 1440dil source from one nebula.

I kinda get it, I guess. That does slow things down a little and I suppose that could really upset people. Doesn't strike me as a necessary change either, really.

But is this really that big a deal? "Ohhh nooo, now it's gonna take an eternity to farm with my eighteen toons!" doesn't strike me as a problem that warrants quite as much whining as this thread is generating.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    So it takes five minutes instead of two seconds to get the foundry daily now and they removed one lousy 1440dil source from one nebula.

I kinda get it, I guess. That does slow things down a little and I suppose that could really upset people. Doesn't strike me as a necessary change either, really.

But is this really that big a deal? "Ohhh nooo, now it's gonna take an eternity to farm with my eighteen toons!" doesn't strike me as a problem that warrants quite as much whining as this thread is generating.

If one chooses not to use the Foundry for whatever reason...

...then Yes, it is a big deal.

Especially if one Does use/count on, the B'Tran-VA daily.

Seeing something from ONLY ones Own Perspective, tends to make others negate that opinion.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    If one chooses not to use the Foundry for whatever reason...

...then Yes, it is a big deal.

Especially if one Does use/count on, the B'Tran-VA daily.

Seeing something from ONLY ones Own Perspective, tends to make others negate that opinion.

it is easy - you need 3 more characters to do the academy lore daily - there is your free 1440!

heureka.. beginning to understand - they wanna boost character slot sales!

and for this , you don't even need a ship :D
  • Options
    theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I wonder what all those kids think of the admirals scanning rocks and taking midterms...
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Has anyone tried the Deferi dailies? Are they still intact?

From the looks of it the Deferi and Eta dailies are intact........for now.

Couldn't get on a Klingon for some reason, so that makes me concerned.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I wonder what all those kids think of the admirals scanning rocks and taking midterms...

"There's a guy who likes to be hands-on with his work, and actively continues his education!"

...what can I say? The kid's an optimist.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    duaths1 wrote: »
    it is easy - you need 3 more characters to do the academy lore daily - there is your free 1440!

heureka.. beginning to understand - they wanna boost character slot sales!

and for this , you don't even need a ship :D

I have 8 Alt's already...

and most days can't get to more than two or three of them.

TIME is the Real Commodity, that Cryptic is holding us hostage with.
  • Options
    kurtzroykurtzroy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    meehee wrote: »
    The point is to kill STO ;)

They can't just kill the game outright... no, no that could hurt their PR for Neverwinter, so what they are doing is slowly hurting the fun aspects of the game to drive people away from the game so that the diminished playerbase won't cause much of a noise when the games servers are re-purposed for the launch of neverwinter.

Think about it, since F2P just about everything has had some sort of cash shop aspect attached to it, then there's the mass C-store ships, the constant spamming of the lockboxes, the insane costs of fleet starbases designed to suck dilithium from players, the sale with lifetime accounts... over the past year the game has been a constant cash grab with very minimal money put back into the game for development. I reckon the profits they are pulling in have reached their peak and now since neverwinter is just around the corner they are starting to tighten the reins on the game to drive people away.

If you think like a corporate money mongering deviant my theory makes a lot of sense. :D

I disagree, the idea is not to kill the game, but to suck every penny out of your wallet. With everything having dil cost now, and dil income being reduced every week it seems, sooner or later your only option will be to open your wallet.

Honestly this is a fun game, but its not worth the price of admission.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I hate the fact that they took the B'tran dilithium reward off season 7. Looks like I'm going to be making a 3rd fed toon sooner than I thought just to be able to grab the dilithium I need.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    arcademasterarcademaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was in full support of the console clicker stuff because it made sense. I believed them that they didn't change that to nerf dilithium but to improve things for foundry authors.

Now this here... makes absolutely no sense. Apparently they really do intent to nerf dilithium gains overall. What the **** are they thinking?
  • Options
    dkevadkeva Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    All I would like from Cryptic is a REASON why these changes are made.

I mean seriously, give us a valid reason why something like this was necessary and I'm sure half the posts in here wouldn't have been made.

But to just throw a change like that in there with no attempt to even try and validate it, is underhanded in my books. It's like "BAM - there it is, just accept it sukka's"

I'll say it again, if you had given us a decent explanation as to why this needed to be done, I guarantee you I would not have made this post. But due to it feeling like no thought was given to the removal, here is my post.

It would be great if that was applied to the cost of Reputation/Fleet Base projects as well........

EDIT: There is always mention of how you're listening to the feedback. Show us that this is the case.
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dkeva wrote: »
    There is always mention of how you're listening to the feedback. Show us that this is the case.

They are kind of listening, by removing content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies... :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    kathornnkathornn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kurtzroy wrote: »
    I disagree, the idea is not to kill the game, but to suck every penny out of your wallet. With everything having dil cost now, and dil income being reduced every week it seems, sooner or later your only option will be to open your wallet.

Honestly this is a fun game, but its not worth the price of admission.

Yes.... thats my point... its like we almost cant move with out use money...

The elit STF missions are an example... a single sphere almost take my ship down... its like, your not good for the mission if dont use money to get real good ship/weapons... And what to say about ground STF, even normal dificult its like "WOW, how can i suck that much?" and in the end of the epic, you can get the lol 480 Dil...

The idea of the game is fun, but i feel like they are trying to milk money all the way, all the time...

Im not saying its wrong they want money.... but, its like nerfing the fun of game when you need money to get ANY FUN...

Im a new player, and im a VA(50), not hard to get it... but im thinking if i want keep playing.... I will nor give $25 for a f***ing ship that give me 2 extra weapon slots and one extra console... not enough for that money... In other games i can be the king with $50... In STO i will be lucky if i win a pvp after $50 with a Fed char...
  • Options
    wargibbonwargibbon Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Congratulations Cryptic/PWE for completely TRIBBLE up STO by removing the Officer Daily missions. For someone who doesn't have all day to play the game, this was one of the ONLY ways to contribute to our fleet because i can only muster a few hours a day to play. You have also now managed to kill off our fleet in one fell swoop as well which will go bust once S7 starts. Excellent move, bravo.

You people make me sick tbh, and after all the financial contributions i have made to this game, no more. One less player for season 7. You will realise very quickly when numbers drop dramatically what a complete balls up you have made of the game, and what totally utterly greedy people you have all become. A disgrace to the gaming community :mad:
    Founder of the 3rd Foot & Mouth Federation Fleet. Join today!

The Khasi of Kalabar: They will die the death of a thousand cuts!
    Princess Jelhi: Oh! But that's horrible!
    The Khasi of Kalabar: Not at all my little desert flower, the British are used to cuts!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I can pay $25 for a ship, if its a full equip Borg Cube, with borg officers and all...

If thats the case, i can give you the money lol...
  • Options
    atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think the only appropriate response to this is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyZ7Aod0Yq8
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    atomictiki wrote: »
    I think the only appropriate response to this is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyZ7Aod0Yq8

Im happy to say they will not get ANY of my money... Thats it... I will not pay for move...

In the past the reward for donate in a mmorpg was an epic item or epic buffs... in STO play with out money its like have a "DEMO game"... And if you pay, you can get the real play and normal fun...

Its a fake "free-to-play"...
  • Options
    foxfire2000foxfire2000 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh dear..... lol

Not to worry, a new lockbox with a nice shiny bauble wil soon distract everybody again. lol
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was in full support of the console clicker stuff because it made sense. I believed them that they didn't change that to nerf dilithium but to improve things for foundry authors.

Now this here... makes absolutely no sense. Apparently they really do intent to nerf dilithium gains overall. What the **** are they thinking?

Nonsense.

People that used foundry only for console clicking aren't suddenly going to play foundry missions because it interests them.

I am a console clicker myself yet I can play foundry missions for hours on end, because they interest me, it has nothing to do with the easy dili gain, in fact, it was one of the few reasonable ways left of gaining dili, exploit or not.

In any case, people that supported the console clicking nerf are the last people that have any right to ***** about more dili nerves, you fully supported the nerving of dili afterall.

As for me, with 960 per elite STF, I guess I'll just have to crank up the runs I do per day to get my 8k a day, not much of an issue for me, much better then the 480 that was rumored before anyway.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    With them making Dilithium harder to come by, I hope they reduce or remove the dilithium costs on the Fleet System too. 200k for cosmetics.........ummm no.
  • Options
    travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    fourxgamer wrote: »
    There's going to be a new Rome Total War in 2013, I'll probably be playing that.

http://www.totalwar.com/en_us/rome2

That looks interesting.

Me, personally. . .I'm liable to migrate over to the new Mechwarrior game after classes end in about a month or so. Don't wanna get sucked into an awesome game while trying to not fail classes :P

STO doesn't hold much interest for me anymore. I barely even PvP now, despite it being the most interesting part of the game. . .because there's insufficient rewards in the form of missions, and because respecs cost 500 effing Zen a pop.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • Options
    intrepidukintrepiduk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am that close to the verge of leaving this game for good. I have been playing the game since april this year and since season 6, the game has become increasingly player unfriendly.

I have been looking at the changes being brought from season 7 with rather concerned eyes. I'm allready very disappointed with the starbase resource black hole destroying any reason to visit anywhere else in the game, costing an absolute fortune for silly frivolous things like tribbles and shrubs. And as a reward for all the work put into that, you then have to get hold of 4 fleet modules per character to enjoy the benefit of the time and resources that has been put into it.

Now with S7 we have this reputation system, which is like having a starbase system just to get the BORG items. And the Romulan thing is only half right in my view, for the feds its fine to help the Romulans, but the KDF would never, I repeat never would try to help them. They would be more interested in either wiping them out or exploiting them for the good of the empire.

Now getting rid of dil rewards for B'tran is another smack in the mouth to players.

I'll install the s7 patch and have a look for myself, but in all honesty I think I'm through with this game.
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes]

Do it do it do it do it! ;)
  • Options
    sirusvoxxsirusvoxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    To all those who considered the "quick click" foundry missions an explolit, wasn't the B-Tran mission an exploit as well, since you could complete it and the Explore Strange New Worlds mission at the same time to get 2880 dil from only exploring 3 systems?