Comments

• Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The point of this..... being what?
  • Options
    artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The federation has more ships, more mission content and generally receives more love from the Cryptic/PWE, the KDF has nothing.

"Harden up princess"? Couldn't resist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012

heh...

Unless/Until someone at Cryptic deems it necessary to explain...

Feel free to pick yer own reason.

Personally, I'm going with... '...just because...'

:rolleyes:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The federation has more ships, more mission content and generally receives more love from the Cryptic/PWE, the KDF has sweet **** all.

Like I said in my last post the majority of casual Fed players will be completely blind to that and won't care one bit until they see a KDF daily nerf of the same amount 1440 dilthium.

You know it will happen - the Fed players ranting could get particularly ugly - it's also not a tiny amout either so yeah - Cryptic just smacked a big Fed wasp nest - with no-where to deflect the anger and say "hey we did it to the KDF to!!"
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wow, really? Nerfing they nerfing the B'Tran / Azlesa Dilithium?

Guess they don't want people working on Starbases anymore or buying new gear thats coming with the Reputation system. At this rate we are going to get charged again for playing the game.

You want to play STO? You have to earn 8000 Dilithium per day and pay the Play Fee, or else you lose access. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If I had a toon on Tribble I'd be looking for the 3 Eta Eridani dailies, the Defend The Empire dailies, and the Breen dailies, see if they're still around or if they're gone too.
  • Options
    theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What's next? Are they going to remove all the rewards for replaying the missions?

I am this close to just quitting. I have lots of other games. I already canceled my gold account months ago. I was considering re-upping it, but now, I'm considering not even buying zen with dil, which is one of the main reasons I play every day.
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The federation has more ships, more mission content and generally receives more love from the Cryptic/PWE, the KDF has sweet **** all.

[EDIT] Also I know a fair few people who refuse to take advantage of the free KDF character slot they get, those people are stupid.

So many bitter KDFers keep saying this over and over. But, in a game, you CANNOT have imbalance by design to make up for perceived shortcomings. We know the KDF has hands down better Dil generation sources, but its not just that. In a podcast a dev once openly stated that KDF are given better stuff to makeup their smaller content. KDF players see this as vindication, Fed players see it as them being unfairly penalized. I see it as very poor design.
  • Options
    jackdonnerjackdonner Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hmm...Officer Reports, i can understand...But why are they removing this one? Im confused. So what is left now to aquire dilithium fed side?
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jackdonner wrote: »
    Hmm...Officer Reports, i can understand...But why are they removing this one? Im confused. So what is left now to aquire dilithium fed side?

Easy, make a KDF alt. Its kinda tragic really. The KDF will finally grow a little as players make KDF farming alts. This is actually pretty hilarious and best of all it pleases no one!
  • Options
    edited November 2012

At this rate it looks like nothing of the old stuff come next week. Better roll KDF.
  • Options
    fourxgamerfourxgamer Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm leaving, didn't log in my usual 4 or more hours today. Knowing what's coming and how it will affect my dilithium income and doff recruitment across alts has put me off. That was before I even read about chart the b'tran.

Parting complaints:

Nothing to do on core worlds except /+walk around yet you're gonna make a whole new sector?

Your crafting sucked worse than WOW, then you shot it dead with dil requirements.

Kerrat was a fun zone, then you killed it by removing dilithium and creating console spam and jem hadar I WIN ships.

My Tuffli freighter is way more useful than the entire starbase I sunk 3 or 4 million dil into and nigh 100 million credits. Bought the tuffli for 14.5 million on exchange. Plants overhanging the aquarium was a nice touch though, kudos on that. Roleplayed having brunch there.

Your vision for the game is lacking, do you play it? Space doesn't feel vast, nothing to claim or explore. I've done a zillion press F five time missions just to get dil or an accolade. They weren't really fun in themselves. You think I'm gonna wanna keep pressing F for 1/2 the dil?

Anyways.. Best Wishes
    Time for me to take my star trek fantasy off life support and go be an adult full-time.
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

There is always PvP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    Oh Boy I see an Epic Fed side tantrum coming if they don't nerf the KDF side as well.

That's right levi3 , keep egging that KDF nerf .
    Keep at it boy , this is only your second post on this ... , I want to see more !
    Come on !
    Nerf this , nerf that , I LOVE this game , woohoo !!

My god , you're like The Nagus ... , with 65% less lobes ... . :confused:
    Originally Posted by levi3
    Going to need front row seats for this one.

Oh yeah , and don't forget to stir that $hit hard ! Wip'em boys into a frenzy !
    "Intellectual trolls" . Gotta love'em . :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Sorry about that... got carried away...
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Keep at it boy , this is only your second post on this ... , I want to see more !
    Come on !

I miss T.G.N....

He could be a real P.I.T.A. at times, but at least he was entertaining.
  • Options
    meeheemeehee Member Posts: 85
    edited November 2012

The point is to kill STO ;)

They can't just kill the game outright... no, no that could hurt their PR for Neverwinter, so what they are doing is slowly hurting the fun aspects of the game to drive people away from the game so that the diminished playerbase won't cause much of a noise when the games servers are re-purposed for the launch of neverwinter.

Think about it, since F2P just about everything has had some sort of cash shop aspect attached to it, then there's the mass C-store ships, the constant spamming of the lockboxes, the insane costs of fleet starbases designed to suck dilithium from players, the sale with lifetime accounts... over the past year the game has been a constant cash grab with very minimal money put back into the game for development. I reckon the profits they are pulling in have reached their peak and now since neverwinter is just around the corner they are starting to tighten the reins on the game to drive people away.

If you think like a corporate money mongering deviant my theory makes a lot of sense. :D
  • Options
    jackdonnerjackdonner Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm leaving, didn't log in my usual 4 or more hours today. Knowing what's coming and how it will affect my dilithium income and doff recruitment across alts has put me off. That was before I even read about chart the b'tran.

Parting complaints:

Nothing to do on core worlds except /+walk around yet you're gonna make a whole new sector?

Your crafting sucked worse than WOW, then you shot it dead with dil requirements.

Kerrat was a fun zone, then you killed it by removing dilithium and creating console spam and jem hadar I WIN ships.

My Tuffli freighter is way more useful than the entire starbase I sunk 3 or 4 million dil into and nigh 100 million credits. Bought the tuffli for 14.5 million on exchange. Plants overhanging the aquarium was a nice touch though, kudos on that. Roleplayed having brunch there.

Your vision for the game is lacking, do you play it? Space doesn't feel vast, nothing to claim or explore. I've done a zillion press F five time missions just to get dil or an accolade. They weren't really fun in themselves. You think I'm gonna wanna keep pressing F for 1/2 the dil?

Anyways.. Best Wishes
    Time for me to take my star trek fantasy off life support and go be an adult full-time.

Im sorry you are leaving. I would ask if i could have your stuff, but after season 7 you
    wouldnt have any stuff anyway..
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Davy please edit that to "adult entertainment" before they get to your post:eek:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Come on !

Oh yeah , and don't forget to stir that $hit hard ! Wip'em boys into a frenzy !
    "Intellectual trolls" . Gotta love'em . :rolleyes:

You would not happen to be a KDF player - worried about being nerfed too - are you?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Davy please edit that to "adult entertainment" before they get to your post:eek:

That better?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    That better?

Very creative. you don't want to give anyone the wrong ideas.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Very creative. you don't want to give anyone the wrong ideas.

Interesting that particular thought, should come from you...
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    Interesting that particular thought, should come from you...

TOUCHE Davy TOUCHE
  • Options
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    this is the first and there will be more to come just hope they know what they doing???
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If you do quit the game, you could turn all your dil and zen into tradable real-money items like Fleet Modules (not Keys though; we don't want to encourage them) and give them away to friends and fleetmates and stuff before you go. Though I suppose if you did that, thats a bunch of potential real-money sales that are never made because you were so generous, and thats not very nice to the guys doing the selling. Hmm.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ssoooo....is PWE/Cryptic TRYING to lose their players? what good is a F2P game when everything is removed to the point your paying just to play the damn game anyways????? ****........im going back to RS with their upcoming EoC......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    edited November 2012