test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Reputation System Feedback Thread

Comments

• hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think people need to pick one character on each side and do the rep system on that character. Use other characters and their doff dailies and dilithium dailies to fund that characters progression and then once they're tier 5 move to another character.

The problem I'm seeing is just people complaining that it might be tough to do all their characters at once. To that I say: "So?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    They aren't. And they are even less usefull than they used to be.

Since the new c-store ships should have 10 consoles after the sovereign failure (they won't admit it but this ship wasn't a success at all, you'll see very few people flying it), you don't even need fleet ships. New c-store ones will have up to par stats. And of course the lockbox ones will remain slightly superior.

You didn't need the starbases' weaponry: the STF store is still free in season 6, and you will unlock new stuff in your personal stores through reputation. Of course this weaponry is competitive with the fleet one; there's nothing you need in the fleet stores, except the hangar pets (and fleet hangar pets might not be that great since some guys can't stop whinning about runabouts. :P). And of course the STF sets are better than any fleet gear, because they have good bonuses and powers.

So, if you're logical, you should stop working on your starbase right now. There was little to no reason to start a starbase before season 6; with season 7, there is absolutely no reason to upgrade it anymore. Their rewards sucks. They have no use, everything can be found in other stores or on the exchange. Eventually, they will toss better carrier pets in the lockboxes and there will be zero reason to even consider spending something in the starbases.
    Personally my fleet thinks of advancing the fleetbase as optional. We don't see it as something that MUST be done IMMEDIATELY. It's a long term goal.
    And to those not in a fleet and not wishing to join one solely to grind the rep system... what would you suggest? Visa? Or Mastercard?
    Neither. I'd suggest patience. It just takes longer... you'll still get there eventually.

I would attempt to reply to Drakon if I had a faint clue what he was trying to say....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So I looked at the Omega power rewards with my KDF tac on Tribble. Apparently the shield regen passives are pretty crazy, at least as displayed.

Ground says nearly 80 regen per second. Since most weapons only do a little more DPS than this, it seems kind of crazy.

Space says 800+ regen per 6 seconds. That's several times more than my shield does by itself. Again, this seems absurdly high, as it would make normal shield regeneration quite useless.

Is there a proc or duration aspect of the power that is missing from the tooltip? Or are these numbers just in error or way out of balance?
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hroothvitnirhroothvitnir Member Posts: 322
    edited November 2012
    You have to look at eh numbers in the proper "setting". As if your in your ship in space and look at teh ground numbers they are reflecing your ships stats. Same as at looking at the ship stats while on the ground as they are than based off your captains stats.

Its easy to get some nonsense numbers by looking at the ground stats while in an Odyssey or something similar.
  • denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You have to look at eh numbers in the proper "setting". As if your in your ship in space and look at teh ground numbers they are reflecing your ships stats. Same as at looking at the ship stats while on the ground as they are than based off your captains stats.

Its easy to get some nonsense numbers by looking at the ground stats while in an Odyssey or something similar.

Heh, you're right. From the ground, it's a much more reasonable 4.6 for ground and 50 for space. That gave me quite a fright ;)
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just did a quick log-on Tribble and noticed I'm finally at Rom Rep T1. Disappointed you don't get free stuff when you complete a tier, instead you got to unlock everything.

Furthermore, projects go from 2 Common DOFFs in Tier 1 to 2 Uncommons in Tier 2? So that means when you hit Tier 3, you have to cough up 2 Rare DOFFs per Project? Then Coughing up 2 Very Rare DOFFs for Tier 4 and Tier 5?

That's getting extremely costly, especially when you have to do more projects at higher Tiers....... :mad:
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just did a quick log-on Tribble and noticed I'm finally at Rom Rep T1. Disappointed you don't get free stuff when you complete a tier, instead you got to unlock everything.

Furthermore, projects go from 2 Common DOFFs in Tier 1 to 2 Uncommons in Tier 2? So that means when you hit Tier 3, you have to cough up 2 Rare DOFFs per Project? Then Coughing up 2 Very Rare DOFFs for Tier 4 and Tier 5?

That's getting extremely costly, especially when you have to do more projects at higher Tiers....... :mad:
    I think that's just for a few specific projects. I only remember seing one project that required greens.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • maliusnightmaliusnight Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Requiring the lose of VR doffs strikes me as to high a price. Losing Uncommon I could make peace with, Rares, if the reward was truly Epic i'd consider it. But VRs? Thats a lot resources a lot of effort down the drain.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As far as I'm aware, store unlocks are one-time after which you buy your stuff with dilithium, correct?

What about moving these to the Upgrade category? This would have a very small impact on progression speed (which could be adjusted by cutting the XP), but mainly... With holdings, there's always that trickle of upgrades after a major upgrade - you get your base tier, then you've got to get your contacts and facilities unlocked. In reputations, the upgrade project slot seems to be completely unusued except for the upgrade project each tier, during which you're often not doing much else.

Single-item requisitions would stay on regular slots, but any one-time upgrade would be an upgrade.
  • alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just unlocked the Rifles in the Romulan Store and I am a bit disappoint that theres' only High Density Rifles. I would have also expected split-beam and sniper rifles, as well as full-auto rifles. I will be equally disappointed if the Assault Weapons store doesn't include pulsewaves.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    Just unlocked the Rifles in the Romulan Store and I am a bit disappoint that theres' only High Density Rifles. I would have also expected split-beam and sniper rifles, as well as full-auto rifles. I will be equally disappointed if the Assault Weapons store doesn't include pulsewaves.

We may choose to add more variants of all types of weaponry to these stores in the future.

If that comes to pass, they will automatically be added to existing unlocks, not put in as additional projects.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We may choose to add more variants of all types of weaponry to these stores in the future.

If that comes to pass, they will automatically be added to existing unlocks, not put in as additional projects.

I'm confused. How are items claimed in the new rep system?

For that matter, if they are "unlocked" does this mean that multiples of STF item sets (for bridge officers, for example) will be either easier or harder?
    edited November 2012
    I'm confused. How are items claimed in the new rep system?

There are two different methods:

1) Store Unlocks

This method is used for most consumables and algorithmically-generated items, due to the number of options presented to players. Separating them out as individual projects would have caused far too much UI bloat (which is still an issue under review, but in a far better state than it could've been).

Store Unlocks are all related to the "Store" button on your Reputation UI. Each Reputation has its own separate Store.

2) Direct Rewards

These projects will not auto-clear upon completion, but instead pop up a little "Claim Reward" button that waits for the player to interact. Upon clicking that button, the reward of the project is placed directly into the player's inventory. As an additional feature that was just added, these projects will display the reward as an item that can be hovered over for complete statistical information.
    For that matter, if they are "unlocked" does this mean that multiples of STF item sets (for bridge officers, for example) will be either easier or harder?

Set Gear will be Direct Reward projects and not Store Unlocks. That said, we just recently did a pass on Ground Set Items and reduced their prices dramatically with the assumption that players would be interested in getting extra sets for their Bridge Crew.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Set Gear will be Direct Reward projects and not Store Unlocks. That said, we just recently did a pass on Ground Set Items and reduced their prices dramatically with the assumption that players would be interested in getting extra sets for their Bridge Crew.

Just how dramatically (old costs vs. new costs), for those who don't have the original Tribble costs handy?
    edited November 2012
    There are two different methods:

1) Store Unlocks

This method is used for most consumables and algorithmically-generated items, due to the number of options presented to players. Separating them out as individual projects would have caused far too much UI bloat (which is still an issue under review, but in a far better state than it could've been).

Store Unlocks are all related to the "Store" button on your Reputation UI. Each Reputation has its own separate Store.

2) Direct Rewards

These projects will not auto-clear upon completion, but instead pop up a little "Claim Reward" button that waits for the player to interact. Upon clicking that button, the reward of the project is placed directly into the player's inventory. As an additional feature that was just added, these projects will display the reward as an item that can be hovered over for complete statistical information.

Are Direct Rewards unique? They sound like what a lot of the more desirable gear will be.

I guess what I'm saying is:

What happens to someone with two Mk XI Omega Sets...? And, under the current build, is it possible to claim two?

If you can outfit all your BOs when hitting max tier in OF at no additional charge, that's a great perk. If you can't claim a set more than once, that's something that could be handy to know now for people who want BOffs to have their own duplicate OF/MACO sets.
    edited November 2012
    I missed that last part.

So Direct Reward items do have a price. I'm a bit fuzzy on this point.

I think we may have stumbled onto something that deserves a dev blog:

Claiming rewards in S7.

I think the case can be made that a lot of it is simpler... and the queue system makes reward types easier to find. But this is a topic that will need some documentation, IMHO.
    edited November 2012
    I think we may have stumbled onto something that deserves a dev blog:

Claiming rewards in S7.

I think the case can be made that a lot of it is simpler... and the queue system makes reward types easier to find. But this is a topic that will need some documentation, IMHO.

Play with the system on Tribble. I believe it will be clear enough once you've seen the system first-hand.

Just to clarify though, Direct Reward projects can be repeated. Store Unlocks (and Costume Unlocks) are only ran a single time.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ...with the assumption that players would be interested in getting extra sets for their Bridge Crew.

now that they display the visuals, yes very much, a full MACO Crew should look neat!

has there been any progress in making the Set Powers usable by BOffs?
    AFAIK they can only use the passive abilities but not the ones that would go in the Power Bar.

(as in: Jem Hadar set would make your BOff use invisibility randomly, and Omega Set not).

i also would like to know how the Costume Unlocks work exactly for the BOffs, do i need a Set for every boff and it displays when a BOff wears it, or is the Accolade Unlock of the first set from your captain enough to use the visuals via the Tailor?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Play with the system on Tribble. I believe it will be clear enough once you've seen the system first-hand.

Just to clarify though, Direct Reward projects can be repeated. Store Unlocks (and Costume Unlocks) are only ran a single time.

I was out of town last weekend and am concerned I won't be able to before it goes live. I'd welcome any illumination from people who have gotten further along.

As a side note: I think it would be a strong choice in the future with reputation systems to have a final round of testing where you offer reputation boost items on Tribble and/or Redshirt to get more feedback on higher tiers, as we get closer to patch deployment.
    edited November 2012
    zerobang wrote: »
    now that they display the visuals, yes very much, a full MACO Crew should look neat!

AFAIK they can only use the passive abilities but not the ones that would go in the Power Bar.

(as in: Jem Hadar set would make your BOff use invisibility randomly, and Omega Set not).

i also would like to know how the Costume Unlocks work exactly for the BOffs, do i need a Set for every boff and it displays when a BOff wears it, or is the Accolade Unlock of the first set from your captain enough to use the visuals via the Tailor?

They display the visuals now?
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have a question.

You are removing the old ground MK XII visuals entirely from the game right, replaced by the tron "variant"

Isn't that just making the old ground set even more exclusive, since it's then impossible to get and becomes a unique item for those who earned it ?

You want people to go after the new set to feel special but you are making the old set the special one...

I picture a server filled with "tron clones" and then a select few with the actual cool set, how do you picture it.

Rendering the whole concept of "easier to get", as sold on the blog, useless, ironic ?

Or is it just me :D
    edited November 2012
    vestereng wrote: »
    You are removing the old ground MK XII visuals entirely from the game right, replaced by the tron "variant"

Where do these rumors start?

We're removing nothing from the game. Anything you have, you keep.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited November 2012

People always assume the worst. To be honest, Cryptic gotten some bad rep from some recent events, and I can't say I blame them. A great many of recent decisions have been disagreeable (Bind to Character, Dilithium in Crafting, the unwarranted Retro Set nerf, just to name a few). But, some people jump to conclusions too much. The fears were unwarranted, just as you just said.

On a slightly off-topic note, I have a question about the Acamar System Patrol. Are there plans to add Diplomacy/Marauder XP to it (FED)talking the rebels down or (KDF)crushing them within a certain amount of time?
    edited November 2012

And this is where the rumors confuse me.

I get that we keep what we have but is there a new visual for the new versions of the sets? TRON variant? Huh?

I thought it was the EXACT SAME SETS with the EXACT SAME COSTUME UNLOCKS for completing a set and that the only difference was how you access the store.

Before, you traded in EDC for requisitions.

Now you complete reputation for an item unlock or access to store.

I don't know what the talk of TRON variants or gear having default visuals started. I'll look into what I can this weekend as I test but I am CONFUSED.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2012

but but but you are removing everything else... so its gotta be true! j/k lol :D
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah I am talking about "being removed" as in no longer obtainable, therein the question.

I am asking, can you still GET the old ground set visuals ? NOT if you are still allowed to have them or keep them...

Albeit I of course don't know if the tron variant isn't unlocked till you do all optionals and the set otherwise looks the same, that would make more sense, so you don't have old school ground people walking around looking unique - so that's what I am asking.

Mainly because if not, you are just making the old set even more special.

Stoleviathan99, If you go to facility 4028 you can see the new "tron variant", they used the guards' uniforms
    edited November 2012
    vestereng wrote: »
    Yeah I am talking about "being removed" as in no longer obtainable, therein the question.

I am asking, can you still GET the old ground set visuals ? NOT if you are still allowed to have them or keep them...

Albeit I of course don't know if the tron variant isn't unlocked till you do all optionals and the set otherwise looks the same, that would make more sense, so you don't have old school ground people walking around looking unique - so that's what I am asking.

Mainly because if not, you are just making the old set even more special.

Stoleviathan99, If you go to facility 4028 you can see the new "tron variant", they used the guards' uniforms

Yes but what makes you think players are getting visuals that are any different?

The TRON costumes have nothing to do with Omega Force.

They're tied to NPCs in Facility 4028 and a Lobi store bridge officer.
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    icegavel wrote: »
    People always assume the worst.
    Only some do that. The rest of us call them "jaded".
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My question is, these new Kits we can get via the Reputation system, are they actually New Power combination Kits.. or just rehashes with perhaps different energy types?

Also, will this be a way to get the Borg Medical Analysis Kit? Or has that been truelly retired?
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    zerobang wrote: »
    I don't like the way its handled. For one, if you want any Mk 12 parts on your Boffs, you need to give it a Mk 12 Armor. Two, its an all or nothing deal. If you put 12 on your boff for the chest piece, you get the helmet whether you want it or not.

There's also weird clashing with other costume pieces. My Female Orion in Mk 11 Omega still used Orion Shoulders and necklace. Skirts override STF bottoms.

Boffs should just be able to have a costume type option in the tailor pulldown just like your character.
    Boffs *can* use the set clickies. Mine use the Omega Cloaking Device. I brought this to Bort's attention a while back, and apparently the Boffs just don't realize the STF auto remodulate is a power than can be used for remodulation. I don't know if he got around to flagging it as such yet.