test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifetime Sub Sale + New Benefit

Comments

• game5pockgame5pock Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Why are people complaining about this? I think it's a grand gesture on Cryptic's part, and it makes me feel better about getting a LTS a few weeks before the game went F2P.
  • finiesfinies Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think you guys are missing the point here. As a LTM you are going to be eligible for all the vet awards anyway, automatically, you could log off and log back in 3 years later and pick them all up without supporting the game at all after the initial investment. The people that pay subs are still going to have to wait the required time anyway, so they will have to support the game for each hundred days to pick up the next award. I'm at 641 days so have had many of the awards, I am also a LTM and I am pleased that new LTMs will see a huge packet of goodies included with their large one-off purchase. Hopefully it will encourage more to come off F2P or Subs and make a large initial investment into the game.

It also probably means the end of Vet awards past 1000 days because they will no longer be seen as vet awards but LTM awards. This will free up the team at Cryptic to work on other projects which can only be a good thing. I think those of you who don't like this are feeling a little ego deflation as now all LTMs will suddenly have all the same stuff as you even though they may have only started playing today. Me, I support this and wait to welcome all the new LTMs entering the game, they will have spent a lot and received a lot, they will be more likely to participate in this forum and in fleets, I see it as a win win everywhere, nice move Cryptic.

If that is what you think then your missing the point !
  • finiesfinies Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I want my money back !
  • trickster34trickster34 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I understand the frustration of many subscribers hearing this news, but as some other have mentioned an LTM will get the rewards anyway regardless.

I myself got the game at launch, subbed for just short of 300 days and stopped and left due to other Commitments, I started playing again shortly after F2P went live and got a LTS during the last sale in June, I am glad I can experience the higher vet rewards early as I was a little sceptical to the game being around 700 days from now which I hope it still is as I enjoy playing it.
  • darkwhite0darkwhite0 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    cryptic
    why the hell you don't sell this ship for 5000 zen points

you take your money and everything returns to normal
  • corsair114corsair114 Member Posts: 276
    edited October 2012
    Closest I've ever come to impulse buying a Lifetime subscription. o.O
  • lawieboylawieboy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Awesome! Now I dont need to wait another few years to unlock everything :P
  • lordazurelordazure Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Myself and many other Lifetime Vets who are coming to 1000day are probably foaming at the bit right now.

We have spent a lifetime it seems, well... in fact 1000 days to get to this position, and out of the blue you give everybody everything.

I am not complaining about the Lifetime Vet program because I started from day 1 as a Lifer. But we have had to wait for our gifts.

I just feel that my time as a lifer was worthless.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    game5pock wrote: »
    Why are people complaining about this? I think it's a grand gesture on Cryptic's part, and it makes me feel better about getting a LTS a few weeks before the game went F2P.

A sense of entitlement.

As one poster pointed out, Vet Rewards have long been a standard for showing appreciation to long-term members. This poster is 100% correct about this, and about the meaning of the Vet Rewards themselves.

What he and many others are failing to grasp is that an LTS is and always has been a long-term investment, proof in the form of wads of cash that you care enough about a game to drop that much on it in one go. All Cryptic has done is make that investment more rewarding, which is something that the lifetime sub itself has been needing for ages.

They're getting upset that these young LTS are getting all their stuff that they had to wait for. They think that being here longer means the $300 they gave Cryptic years ago is somehow worth more than the $300 some person gave them three months ago.

My only question is why they're lumping it now instead of having done it incrementally as each reward came out (for example, when the 100 day combadge came out, why they didn't automatically give it to all existing LTSs at that point, and so on with each new reward).
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm honestly happy for all the new lifers (like my BF) who'll benefit from this. On the other hand I'm a little bitter that we lifers who've been asking for this since vet rewards were introduced were denied the same benefit.
  • akrilonakrilon Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It's not often that I voice my displeasure in relation to the game, but on this occasion, I feel compelled to.

The veteran reward program was supposed to be a way to give something back to the customers who have been loyal to the game, through good times and bad... and we all know that many if the vets stuck around through a lot of the game's more difficult periods.

Instead, the appreciation reward has turned into a very expensive ship. Considering that the lockboxes have demonstrated that people will throw down hundreds, if not thousands of dollars for the chance of winning the latest and greatest ship to come out, you can bank on people throwing down a few hundred bucks for the guarantee of getting this one.

From a business and marketing perspective, this makes a lot of sense. The money is going to be flowing in hand over fist, but my feeling is that it's a really disrespectful decision. Of course, money making and ethics rarely go hand in hand, but I can't help but be disappointed all the same.

I don't hit my 1000 days for several months yet, and in a way, I'm thrilled that I'll get the new ship quickly... on the other and more legitimate side... I don't feel that this is right.

Surely the game is doing well enough that the studio wouldn't have to resort to this sort of tactic? I'm genuinely disappointed... and on the heels of such an awesome announcement of appreciation for the veteran players, that had the entire community happy.
    faddc0e2956f1903cb9ac9197fb10cd8_large.png
  • dant158#3249 dant158 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Jesus... That SUCKS!

I say that as a 500-odd day lifer...
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Last bit of respect gone... Stupid move.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • kordeekordee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    its harsh on real veterans who played from beta and had to wait the full 1000 days... whats next ? MCDonald's vendor on ESD? make REAL endgame content and stop focusing like that on our money.
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The ship itself isn't that great either. There are ever increasingly more 10 console ships out there and this has 9 only. It's already at a disadvantage so what is the incentive to play it? If no T6 ships (fine I get why not and I'm happy with that) then enhanced T5 with the +1 console would do fine and this isnt even that.

Minus lock box ships you've got your fleet ships and with lockbox you have even more selection. It's a major let down. The KDF have a BC of all things and what do the fed get? Even raptors don't have BC only Bops.

Makes little difference anyway 1000 day vet reward means subscribed for 1000 days. This has now become a LTS reward so where is my 1000 day vet reward?

Plain and simply Cryptic have gone for the cash grab and gone back on their word and that doesn't come as a surprise so I won't get my knickers in a twist over it it just reinforces what a lot probably suspect of Cryptic. I guess lockboxes weren't bringing in enough income..that or Cryptic are even more greedy.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Will consider buying a LTS.

Old lifers may feel undervalued now but they should consider that any new lifer means new long-term players in the game, more ressources for the dev team, and more content at the end of the day.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It's a huge FU to the 9xx-day subscribers. The only question now is whether I continue to play but never give Cryptic another dime again, or just quit and find something else to play.

Morons.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • akinori1akinori1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just when I think Cyptic can't get any worse, you dig deep and make me lose more respect for you. I'm impressed.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Will consider buying a LTS.

Old lifers may feel undervalued now but they should consider that any new lifer means new long-term players in the game, more ressources for the dev team, and more content at the end of the day.

Cryptic dosen't care about long-term players...

This is a move designed to make people feel like they've spend less so they will funnel more money into the C-Store.

Pay 300 now... Makes you think "Yea... they aren't getting much more from me"... Next month... Back to feeling like a silver with WAY too much money in your pocket.

Why do you think regular Golds don't get this benefit?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1k veteran reward in less than 24hrs of it being unveiled becomes a 1 day veteran reward.

it's a huge insult to any one that is a lifer of any kind or any gold members out there. you clearly have no respect for the players that are lifers or gold members.
    so we only got these ships so they could be used as a lifer sales gimmick???

if i had monthly sub i would cancel. however i'm a life and i paid as soon as i could and it was a gamble.
    saturday should be when i hit 1k, it now don't feel like it should be special. it feels worthless......
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Meh, I can deal with it. I think it means I get the Vet rewards like 30 days sooner, and if it brings in cash to Cryptic by selling more LTS that's good for me because it keeps the game afloat with more revenue.

I just hope they keep adding perks to the LTS like they did with the account bank and such.
  • digimatldigimatl Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I am not Lifer and i think its a great offer to new People subscribing - because one thing is for sure, its not really feasible for a new subscriber to wait 1000 days (or even more in the feature) for the rewards. think what will be in 3 years. maybe we have tier 8 ships by then, all ships rewards until now would be useless. the system needs a "reset" once in a while.

but on the other hand this is a really really bad blow to all people who respected and supported the game for so long. there has to be something special for them, too :eek: hope cryptic listens and nas an ace up their sleeves...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkwhite0darkwhite0 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    kordee wrote: »
    its harsh on real veterans who played from beta and had to wait the full 1000 days... whats next ? MCDonald's vendor on ESD? make REAL endgame content and stop focusing like that on our money.

the next is: LTS + 1000 days + SB tier 5

chuck norris does not approved Lifetime Sub Sale
  • jengozjengoz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    akrilon wrote: »
    It's not often that I voice my displeasure in relation to the game, but on this occasion, I feel compelled to.

The veteran reward program was supposed to be a way to give something back to the customers who have been loyal to the game, through good times and bad... and we all know that many if the vets stuck around through a lot of the game's more difficult periods.

Instead, the appreciation reward has turned into a very expensive ship. Considering that the lockboxes have demonstrated that people will throw down hundreds, if not thousands of dollars for the chance of winning the latest and greatest ship to come out, you can bank on people throwing down a few hundred bucks for the guarantee of getting this one.

From a business and marketing perspective, this makes a lot of sense. The money is going to be flowing in hand over fist, but my feeling is that it's a really disrespectful decision. Of course, money making and ethics rarely go hand in hand, but I can't help but be disappointed all the same.

I don't hit my 1000 days for several months yet, and in a way, I'm thrilled that I'll get the new ship quickly... on the other and more legitimate side... I don't feel that this is right.

Surely the game is doing well enough that the studio wouldn't have to resort to this sort of tactic? I'm genuinely disappointed... and on the heels of such an awesome announcement of appreciation for the veteran players, that had the entire community happy.

See, I dont think you get it. Perfect World cares very little if you are loyal to the game or not. The only thing they do care about is that you spend money on the game. Their Business plan is centered on getting players to spend as much money as they can before they move on to another game.

To me this says the Perfect world does not plan for this game to be around for another 1000 days to make the vet rewards worth it as they are. So they are selling everything thing they can to squeeze as much money out of the players before Neverwinter opens and starts a new revenue stream from that.
    "Star Trek Online is powered by the most abundant resource in the galaxy . . . Gullibility"
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Seriously Cryptic, this is a new low. First lockbox scam, and now this move??

Rethink this one Cryptic. I feel very angry now, and I have every right to be angry.. wait, I meant FURIOUS :mad::mad:. WTG Cryptic, WTG....

Only hope that game mags will pick this up, and challenge Cryptic/PWE/CBS on this boneheaded move....

Truly disgusting, and so very very very dissapointing.... :(:(
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    otowi wrote: »
    Seriously Cryptic, this is a new low. First lockbox scam, and now this move??

Rethink this one Cryptic. I feel very angry now, and I have every right to be angry.. wait, I meant FURIOUS :mad::mad:. WTG Cryptic, WTG....

Only hope that game mags will pick this up, and challenge Cryptic/PWE/CBS on this boneheaded move....

Truly disgusting, and so very very very dissapointing.... :(:(

Yeah, rewarding people for making a long-term investment is terrible! I'm so upset at you Cryptic!
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Deleted... Nothing to see here...
  • baracura28baracura28 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Some people dont seem to get why the OLD LTSers are upset, we waited 1000 days for this ship, than when it comes out BAM ever LTS old and the people that buy the LTS tomorrow will have this ship..

So the OLD LTSers have all rights to be angry. I would love to see FOR OLD LTSERS ONLY an ingame title and forum title to show they are the real "vet's" of the game that stick to this game trough all the time.

I was happy when i saw the ship, Now im not sure to feel angry or happy with this crappy change!
    Talking to my self, asking stuff to my self, definitely not understanding my self. Such is the life of an overworked Starfleet admiral.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    As a lifetime subscriber since the head start, I am happy to see this change come nto effect. It adds a little more value to those buying a subscription 2 and a half years after the game launched. It also gives me a little cause for conern. Does this mean it's no longer possible to get to the 1,000 day mark if the old system was kept? Cash grabs are always warrant a cause for speculation on the methods behind it. Does this game now have less than a thousand days of life left before the servers shut down for good?
  • shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    To put it simply, the Vet rewards are powerful messages showcasing our commitment to the game, to reach 1000 days is a feat unto itself, and adding a ship for that milestone makes it a highly prized vessel with a huge amount of respect behind it.

Nobody's rushing to give vet rewards to people who've been playing for 1000 days, but are currently Silver.

Nobody's rushing to take away vet rewards from accounts who bought a lifetime during beta and quit the game after a week.

Nobody really benefits from keeping it from people who've already paid for 1000 days, save the vanity of a few individuals.

Nobody who's really committed to the game would put their ego before bringing in more revenue to fund more development.

This saves me, like, a month or two, at most. I don't particularly need the ship, but I'll sure take what I've already paid for.