test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic: October 2012 - Submit Your Questions, Please!

Comments

• starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Honestly, the game is heading in the right direction (The new music is so cool, add a lot more music that has a Trek feel to it. Go as far to add some of the actual music from the shows.)

But one thing I find that needs to be more Trek has to be ground combat.

In your trailer, you have people taking cover behind barrels and walls and shooting over or around them.
    Can you program our bridge officers to search and take cover when in red alert? that would be awesome. Gives is a trek feel.

How about the Galaxy-X, will she get the upgrade she deserves?

Another thing will be also dealing with the trailer, you see a hole in your ship which you are holding on for dear life but one crew member doesn't make it (lets say it is your bridge officer). You have a Ceremonial Military Funeral. That could be cool.

(Graduating Classes... Hint Hint! Starfleet Academy?)

Exploration is another factor. Not just any kind of Exploration. Can you have it where we get to Explore the Delta Quadrants and Map out Planets, Moons, Asteroids and we have to report back to Starfleet with our findings. Meet with new species, even if they are hostile or friendly. (Gamma Quadrant too)

When PvP gets revamp, you said something about PvP Territorial control... Elaborate...

Edit: PvP Arenas melee only also XD

Will Poker and Shuttle Racing make an appearance.

That is just the start. The Devs are doing an incredible job! The new Reputation system with the Embassy to cut down on fleet spam. Honestly, my prediction, in about 2 years if the devs keep up this awesome work, this game can be the best on the net hands down.

PS... Can we get Detail on Season 7 please?

PPS... For the Melee Arena (any PvP), The Shuttle Racing, can you have spectator mode? the arena can sit in a stadium and watch it.
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    verda9938 wrote: »
    Will Starships ever get Assimlated like ground characters.

I couldn't agree more.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Can we get a system like kerrat in Eta Eridani where it is pure PvP? There would be two spawn points (Fed and KDF) and the zone doesn't reset. You can just battle your heart out.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • ehgatoehgato Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    1st sry for mi english

hi a few questions

1_im buy a orion (C) store ship, why cant put mi fleet emblem on it? not askin for a full set of 10 skins, mi fleet empblem is not much ask i think.

2_special shields change the skin of the ship, why dont made them remain abiable in the ship taylor like a skin unlock?

3_i like the game but dont feel happy with the ship tier (fell very limited) why dont take a look at this proposal...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=257999

with this adapted at the game any one can fly his favorite ship a few more time withput have to left get dust because is a low tier, also each ship can be realy costumized for a new game play and made the pvp more funy because no one will no for sure what setup have a ship only for the look of his hull.

tks for your time and all this is with the best intention i want to play STO for many years :D
  • karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    1 - Any chance to liberate some Lockbox bridges and ships to use in the foundry, for npc use?

2 - Any chance to liberate some races to sell in the C-store or get in the lockbox, as Orion to FED and Ferengi to KDF, as exemple?

3 - Any chance to sell "bundles" to Starbases to get any custom theme, like DS9, TOS, Romulan, Ferengi or something like that? Asking becuase the fleet starbase have limited special projects, but can't give any special feeling to make a starbase unique.
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Could you possibly put the Path to 2409 back on the main website? That lore is what attracted me to STO in the first place, and the info was invaluable for me as I started out.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited September 2012
    Just a couple from me Dan.

1. When will the MK12 Elite ground and space sets be put into the edc store? Before Gozer left he told us it was ready to go and just awaiting hookup..

2. Will the Elite Fleet ground gear be getting unique suits including helmets and stats just like the stf gear?
    Also on this subject, will the space Elite gear be getting the same treatment?
    We were told by a dev that these were meant to be the very best tech by the Federation and KDF. So it should be only fair that they look the part, especially as it took so much resources to get them on the starbase!

3. Are we going to see more account wide cstore ships more regularly? It seems that all your efforts are going into the lockboxes which are of little interest to quite a few people...
    I have money to spend like others, so please give me a reason to spend it in the cstore. Lockboxes will not cut it..
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hi Dan,

I LOVE to explore. When I first started playing, I had the universe to explore.
    It was one of the things that I absolutely loved about this game. Visiting star systems, various planets. Just wandering around taking in the wonders.

My questions are:

1. Will you be adding more eye candy for us explorers ? Sometimes, I just wanna see your artist's great handiwork !

2. Any plans to "flesh out" Vulcan, Andoria? I'd like to wander through the streets on those planets too, just like I can on Bajor.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• daelosprimedaelosprime Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Now that the Temporal goodies are flowing from these lockboxes/Tholians, what can you tell us about the upcoming Tholian FE? I'm assuming that the 29th century is involved here.

Also: With the advent of these temporal bits, which require tremendous amounts of energy to activate, will the OMEGA Particle be making an appearance? It would be a great tie/expansion to the Borg plot if nothing else.
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The amount of new uniforms keeps increasing, but when will we get the Skants for FED & skirts for KDF?

The Fleet Events Calendar is still bugged, is there a fix for it any time soon?

When will we see the exploration revamp?
  • toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have two questions. :)

Will there, at any point, be a way for us to choose how many people in the player's Away Team can be chosen when creating Foundry missions? (i.e. only the Captain, only the Captain and the First Officer, etc.)

With the classifications gained from the Commendation missions (First Officer, Chief Engineer, Chief Medical Officer, etc.), will there be a way for us to give our Bridge Officers as those specific classifications?
    2rbz410.jpg
  • saltypineapplesaltypineapple Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If I store items such as particle traces in my personal bank I can access them (doff assignments) without having to be at a bank terminal as if they were in my inventory. I like to store my rare particle traces in my account bank but I have no such access without having to visit a terminal and withdrawal them either into my personal bank or inventory. Is it possible to allow use of the account bank similar to that of the personal bank?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#It'sJustaGameAndAFreeOneAtThat!
    Come Visit the 44th Fleet
  • whopurrrwhopurrr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    1. Fleet actions: Will they get revamped and in some cases get reintroduced? Certain ones never get played because it's just not worth it or just unplayable (gekli feeding grounds). The first trailer I saw of this game was from DS9 under siege. I was looking forward to that only to find out it was no longer ingame when I reached 50. You have all this content that just gets ignored/neglected. Like the ds9 one.. crystalline entity.. starbase 24 rescue. And what about terradome?
    Why not just fix these things?

2. When will we get another replay week? Hasn't been one since I started playing.

3. Why not do more with the ingame calendar? 2 days a week an STF event.. that seems to only work for 1 day? Why not have something for every day? Like increased marks or w/e for lleet alert or so.

4. When will the customizable kits finally be available?

5. Do doffs get sent to the starbase replicator to be reconstituted into buidling materials?

6. Why am I so bored with the little content there is?
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,234 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    TR-116A Rifle - Sniper Rifle is one of my favourite weapons but there was no option to get it as an order reward in my county. Is there any chance it could be put on the c-store perhaps with an level upgrading version?
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    When F2P was released, we were given Dilithium, and we can now use that for ZEN on the Dil Exchange. Are there any plans to add an alternative method to get ZEN, such as a "Daily Lottery" type of tech that has a chance of giving out random amounts of ZEN/Dil/EC/etc?
  • novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have compiled a list of many of my questions, in semi-point form.

-I was very impressed by the updated versions of the Assimilated Carrier from The Cure (Space) and Donatra's Assimilated Scimitar from Khitomer Accord (Space). Will we ever see the appearance modifications unique to these ships be made available for use on player starships?
    -Trying in with the previous question, will there ever be an option during starship customization to choose appearance mods, which would be unlocked by binding special parts such as the Reman Shields or the M.A.C.O. (Space) set to your character?
    -Will the "matte" material ever be made available to pants or gloves?
    -Will the outfits added since launch such as the Jupiter Uniform set or starship skins such as all of the Fleet of 2409 variants ever be added to use in the Foundry? The ability of Foundry authors to make many missions is severely limited by a lack of up-to-date costume options.
    -It was once mentioned that there were plans to move over the appearances of kits and armors to the tailor. Are there still plans to do so, and what difficulties are present in making the necessary changes?
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    1. What happened to the "We're doing lockboxes because CBS doens't want you guys to fly non- Faction ships"-Statement and how does it fit to the new Faction Time Ships ... not really different from the NX Class which is in the C-Store ... both Ships are hundreds of years away from the game's timeline ...

2. Do we have to expect other Faction Ships in Lockboxes as well i.E. Ambassador Class, T5 Connie, Vesta Class ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Question 1: Are you going to add more full ship interiors to the Zen Store any time soon? Specifically for the Refit Constitution, Exceslior, Intrepid, Galaxy, and Bird of Prey?

Question 2: Are you going to be making and adding an Ambassador Class Ship with a full interior to the Zen Store and if so when?

Question 3: Are you going to add more ranks to the Wrath of Khan Uniforms because the only one on there is Captain.

Question 4: Voyager and Next Generation Bundles are something I think myself and many others would love to see in this game and if you make and add them to the Zen Store will they include full ship interiors?

Question 5: Have you considered doing a story mission in this game for STO that follows up on the story of Star Trek IV's Whale Probe? That would be something interesting for you guys and gals to tackle.
  • nicholasjohnnicholasjohn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    An update to the Fleet UI was mentioned ages ago, including more finite controls over Fleet Stores. When is this coming? Managing provisions is very tedious.
  • styxslethestyxslethe Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have a few questions also

1. we have now alot of currency in the game, but some are character bound like the lobi crystals, the borg salvage and EDC for example, is there anywhere in the (near) future a possibility that these currencies become account bound instead of character bound or atleast the EDC and Lobi crystals.

2. Can you give us some clue what we might expect for the new ship variant for our 1000 days veteran reward, looking forward too it (984 Days and counting:))

3. you said earlier that the borg and romulans will come as a playable faction but its only a matter of time, but until then can we expect maybe some new playable borg (enhanched) ships that comes in the zen store or maybe in future lockboxes.

I have lots more questions but i leave that for another time :)
  • ebonyteviloebonytevilo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    1) Romulans? How, when?

2) Craftng Update?

3) 1000 Day Veteran reward?
  • justin2384justin2384 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Will we ever be able to bring our BOFFs on any end game missions I have all these high powered BOFFs that I don't use on ground combat anymore be nice to bring along to tholian invasion or Defera.

Also will stf rewards edc's or salvage be bound to account anytime soon.
    Thanks
  • trekkiematttrekkiematt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Are there any plans to update the exchange? Could you add a species specific search to the exchange for doffs for those of us who like building a single race crew?
  • roboticzebraroboticzebra Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I was wondering if there was going to be an alternative way to earn Lobi other than opening lock boxes in the coming future (season 7 -8 maybe?) for example if i wanted to buy a shuttle from the Lobi store that costed 300 Lobi i would need to open at least 75 lock boxes. Thats 75 master keys that cost over 1000 zen for a ten pack so your looking at spending $70+ on a shuttle and even more on a larger ship like the Recluse. You might say to just buy them off the exchange but what if i wanted the universal console that bind on pickup? That costs 200 Lobi, so is there a alternative way of earning Lobi in the future? If so when and how.
  • chi1701dchi1701d Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Will there be a way to buffing or healing players and be able to maintain firing on a enemy ship so that debuffs can continue to be applied and not lost when changing targets? eg sensor analysis
  • falcor07falcor07 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    why isn't there a Federation set like the Breen set, Borg set, Jem Hadar set, etc...
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    falcor07 wrote: »
    why isn't there a Federation set like the Breen set, Borg set, Jem Hadar set, etc...

isn't it called maco? the klingon set is called honor guard and the shared set is called omega from the stfs
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2012
    When will be able to customise our Starbase and Ship Interior crew's uniforms.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Are you ever going to make a skin for a MU bridge for the Mirror universe ships?
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    the good questions

1. 1000 day vet reward is closing in fast. what is the details on the 1000 day ship variants? are these new ships? variants of current ships in terms of look/skin/material type? or variants of current ship with diffrent boff set ups?

2. can we get a more universal boff slots on fleets ships. by this i mean some have fixed set ups and a fleets ship should offer a diffrent flavour. good example is the fleet defiant. could we can at least get an ensign universal slot on it rather than fix ensign tactical?

3. 700 day vet adnorid boff. when will we see the tactical and science versions of this boff?

4. when will be able to alter the appearance of the photonic bridge officer(sci) and the liberated borg male bridge officer(sci)?

5. when can we see the introduction of a 1st officer system?? or even playable 1st officer.

6. shuttle bays and crafting on ship?? when we likely to see this if ever?

7. it would be nice to see an enterprise-E interrior and bridge pack....... same can be said for voyager and ent-d. the you did a very good job on the ds9/difant pack i think many are expecting more like that :)

8. will existing bridges be it the belfast. tos. or anything in game see expansions to them maybe more decks. shuttlebays and also belfast is the only bridge i've tried i can't access the account bank from. why is this? will more features be added like character bank and mail? oh and the ablility to chnage the uniform of your crew. even if it's just eng sci tac. nothing major but i would rather my crew was wearing the correct uniform

9. recently listened to your interveiw on prioity 1. when regarding the romulans you seemed to really like the idea of keeping this a 2 side game? star trek has never been 1 side vs 1 other side so why dose this concept seem so appealing to you?
    surely a multiple faction war would be better for the game. so a 3 way war when the romulans are introduced. 4 way if another faction is introduced further down the line etc.
    seems this 1 side vs 1 side has actually been done to death in mmos and it's not very star trek. would also make terriotory controled sectors of spaces far more interesting.
This discussion has been closed.