test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New lockbox and it's impact on PvP, take two

hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
edited October 2012 in PvP Gameplay
Because the last thread got erroneously combined with a thread in general feedback (hint: discussing PvP-related stuff isn't general feedback, it's PvP feedback. Mixing PvP feedback with PvE and RP feedback will only result in a massive flame war) so let's try this again.

Well, I guess if they were just trying to kill PvP they would have given siphon drones to the feds.

That being said, the AOE slow field sounds like something that will ruin PvP for a couple months and then get nerfed, and making AMS cross faction is a monumentally dumb decision.

What do you guys think?
Post edited by hurleybird on

Comments

• matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited September 2012
    balanace by breaking both sides seems to be their thinking.

i feel bad for borticus. i mean either hes been outright lying to us the entire time hes been poking his head in here hes been lied to as well.

all his talk of "we're working on pvp" seems to mean theyre working on breaking things more and more.

this company sucks, and i hate what they've done with the star trek ip
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I dont pvp much anymore (i suck at is so why continue failing at it :p)

But yeah, i think pvp will suffer from the lock boxes

Just the names of the weapons, chroniton beams?
    the AOE slow/self speed up
    Something about REVERSING time?

I cant imagine this is going to help pvp :/

edit:
    It will be funny to now hear (a small group of) federation players who say AMS is underpowered/not op, crying nerf it because klingons get it :p
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    With no Siphon Drone fix on the horizon... it looks like FvK is going to be full of AMS + Siphon + AoE slow spamming "champions." Maybe with some GW thrown in for good measure, to melt graphics cards.
  • brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited September 2012
    lol, honestly I feel like I've just been priced right out of PvP. That's what I think.
    LOLSTO
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The slow field power sounds like a horrible idea for PvP. It's one thing to be able to slow or even disable a single ship, but to be able to slow down every ship around you just seems bad. On top of that, it even slows down your cooldowns so good luck getting that APO to be available to be able to get you back up to what...almost normal speed?

Maybe they should just remove lock box ships from PvP altogether, and this is coming from an owner of a multiple lockbox ships.
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    skurf wrote: »

Maybe they should just remove lock box ships from PvP altogether, and this is coming from an owner of a multiple lockbox ships.

Or offer PVP types e.g.
    PVP with no lockbox.. anythings
    PVP with no C-store ships/consoles

Part of me would love pvp in RA ships, no consoles (preferably no doffs) but i cant imagine that happening or being possible :/
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited September 2012
    just shoot pvp in the head and get it over with already.
  • trueprom3theustrueprom3theus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    hurleybird wrote: »
    Because the last thread got erroneously combined with a thread in general feedback (hint: discussing PvP-related stuff isn't general feedback, it's PvP feedback. Mixing PvP feedback with PvE and RP feedback will only result in a massive flame war) so let's try this again.

Well, I guess if they were just trying to kill PvP they would have given siphon drones to the feds.

That being said, the AOE slow field sounds like something that will ruin PvP for a couple months and then get nerfed, and making AMS cross faction is a monumentally dumb decision.

What do you guys think?

First, I loled at siphons for Feds. It's probably coming at some point, won't be surprised. That way fed vs fed will be empty too and if we're still in the game we all will do pve like crazy... One less for cryptic to worry about.

This time TRIBBLE that slows things down, it may not be a big deal if its not a significant slow, 1/4 slow for few secs won't be a big deal, 1/2 slow I can see as a bad idea. The thing that sucks is the recharge effects, it shouldn't happen, maybe decreased cool downs for the time ship, I can see that as not as bad but not too excited about either, would be a free aux to batt.

What I really want from this game in the next box is a time device that brings duke nukem. I really want to kick alien a$$ with duke and his machine gun. And smoke cigar in the ultra non smoking a-la mayor Bloomberg Star Trek atmosphere. At least it won't break pvp, if there is anything left to break at that point...
    Hear! Sons of Kahless
    Hear! Daughters too.
    The blood of battle washes clean.
    The Warrior brave and true.
    We fight, we love, and then we kill...
  • ghostyandfrostyghostyandfrosty Member Posts: 864
    edited September 2012
    Fire that TRIBBLE Freak Child known as Gecko. Now Cryptic or lose any hope what so ever of having a better than Bargain Bin Title on your hands. That Tardlet has the attention span of a gold fish or perhaps Michael Bay.
  • hroothvitnirhroothvitnir Member Posts: 322
    edited September 2012
    Little to early to start screaming oh noes it broke PvP. Thought the thought of 10 ships chain firing AMS at each other and absolutely nothing getting done for hours is slightly amusing to me.

Honestly how I would fix PvP at this point is make it Dota style sans minions and disable all doffs. Special game duration store that you pick a starter gear set and then upgrades as it goes along. Not exactly a perfect fix as it kinda kills your need for out world gear but it would make the PvP fair.
  • criminiuscriminius Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Will this be the final nail? Stay tuned!

This is for Mav:

The Gecko
  • ghostyandfrostyghostyandfrosty Member Posts: 864
    edited September 2012
    Images (your sig and that one) are Saved.
  • doomiciledoomicile Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    AMS For EVERYBODY!!!

I'm curious as to just how the Tipler Cylinder console will work in PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fakehilbertfakehilbert Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I wonder whether they know that abilities that slow down recharge times usually also affect DHC cooldowns...
  • hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited September 2012
    I wonder whether they know that abilities that slow down recharge times usually also affect DHC cooldowns...

Borticus might, doubt anyone else would.
  • esquire1980esquire1980 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lol, we were just talking about P2W and what it's done so far to wreak PVP. Oh well, guess that's a dead player.

Hey Cryptic, I'll pay 50 bucks if everytime I see Mav and Hus, I can 1-shot them from 20m with a heal-boat with no points in weapons. (maybe a console?) rofl (sad, but I don't doubt that's what it's heading to)
    edited September 2012
    lol, we were just talking about P2W and what it's done so far to wreak PVP. Oh well, guess that's a dead player.

Hey Cryptic, I'll pay 50 bucks if everytime I see Mav and Hus, I can 1-shot them from 20m with a heal-boat with no points in weapons. (maybe a console?) rofl (sad, but I don't doubt that's what it's heading to)

Lol. I don't think you'll be able to do that, they'll be long gone to check warrior online.
    Hear! Sons of Kahless
    Hear! Daughters too.
  • esquire1980esquire1980 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Lol. I don't think you'll be able to do that, they'll be long gone to check warrior online.

lol They could make the console shape into a little tombstone, just fill in the name(s) when bought. If both parties have the other guys name on their console, then it's the big race to see who 1st gets to the button.

All for the 1 easy payment of 5,000 Zen. ROFL
  • shookyangshookyang Member Posts: 1,122
    edited September 2012
    Aside from Klingons getting AMS, I'd be more concerned that the Feds are getting a T5 ship console.

All of the other consoles can be bought for $15 or less. Isn't this the first time that $20 T5 ship's console is going to be a lockbox item?

Of course, I plan to buy the Isometric Charge console. Can't wait to buff that and start one- hitting through shields. That jumps between pets and players, right?

EDIT: My mistake. It's a T4 ship.
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Judging by how long it took them to look in to chroniton resists, this aoe slow sound like we're right back before the fix.

meh, of course it's going to be poorly balanced, unfun, and not even touched upon by QnA, they have a reputation to maintain.

AS for Bort, i really don't care about his intentions, he/cryptic aren't delivering,... i don't care anymore. They do have entertaining forums though.
  • aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Remember that is Aldo1Raine in Mech Warrior Online. Its fun to come back, play a couple rounds, and realize how horrible PvP in this game is with all the stupid crazy console TRIBBLE. Then go back to MWO and blow up someones internet robot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Frankly, the idea of Klinks now having AMS doesen't scare me too much. I already rarely fight FvK for fear of being leeched to death. But an ability to slow down and minimise a whole teams' turnrate is scary. Specially when several people on a single team start doing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
    edited September 2012
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Funny. I would have thought that people who claim to be in PvP for the challenge would welcome every addition to the game, as it will allow new combinations and tactics.

But maybe the notion about PvP being popular because it is challenging is true only for a subset of PvPers.

We love the challenge of subnuc doffs, power siphons and tractor spam, to name only a few :P.
    Hear! Sons of Kahless
    Hear! Daughters too.
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Funny. I would have thought that people who claim to be in PvP for the challenge would welcome every addition to the game, as it will allow new combinations and tactics.

But maybe the notion about PvP being popular because it is challenging is true only for a subset of PvPers.

Yeah, we should all run ships without EPTS and get one shot all the time for the challenge. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • teleon22teleon22 Member Posts: 424
    edited September 2012
    brandonfl wrote: »
    lol, honestly I feel like I've just been priced right out of PvP. That's what I think.

Yeah... I may have to take another six month break from the game... maybe much longer... I have real hate boiling hate for Cryptic Studios handling of this game right now! Although, it might really be more of the PWE influence on them.... either way... PVP is being **** on be the systems and lock box content teams. :mad:
  • teleon22teleon22 Member Posts: 424
    edited September 2012
    Seriously, why not? I mean, there are various viable combinations of doffs, boff powers, consoles and ships... isn't that what makes a game entertaining? Always new stuff to figure out. Most of the time, if something seems overpowered by the collective perception of the forum community, it is just that that community has not found the right counter yet.

Pardon me my un-informed friend... but there is no resistance and no counter to SNB PROC. NONE!!!

It simply removes all of your buffs. End of Story. You can't get the buffs back and you can't re-apply them in a timely manner. You can't even prevent it from happening.

There is no counter. If you think you have one, due tell us! BTW, Jam Sensors or scramble sensors or even Anti-matter spread does not count. :rolleyes:
  • redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Maybe the dying under scramble bug will get some attention once feds start getting hit with AMS.
    edited September 2012
    redricky wrote: »
    Maybe the dying under scramble bug will get some attention once feds start getting hit with AMS.

Huh? FvF I get hit with it all the time.
  • spacepenguin121spacepenguin121 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    redricky wrote: »

Not likely, considering I already get AMS'd at least as much in FvF as I do on my klink in FvK, its not really going to make the problem that much more widespread and they will continue not to care.
    edited September 2012
    I don't think you can call me that, given your general attitude.

OH MY GOOOD! WHAT CAN WE DOOO ABOUT IT!!!!

Ah, right. We could build our tactics around the fact that there isn't.

Sigh. When did people forget what "tactics" does actually mean and started to mistake it for "stacking magic powers on one another, and other powers against it".

So there is an effect in the game that makes your ongoing powers less useful. Then maybe you shouldn't rely on them as much?

But of course, anybody who disagrees with your panic must be "uninformed" instead of thinking just a bit more outside your little box. :rolleyes:

I know you don't pvp, so you don't understand. A target in sto that has no buffs running has no defenses period and will die in one to 2 seconds without massive assists. Now throw in the usual accruitment of sci captains, to counter emergency healing. Dead Target.

GG Your Face, No Re.