test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starfleet Operations Command

Comments

• admiralozzyadmiralozzy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    witness to those comments :P

*facepalm* I complimented him back because...why wouldn't you?

7ft tall green haired beauty!

I'm only 6.5ft and blue damnit!

*cries*
    Look buddy, I'm an engineer which means I solve problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    William "Ozzy" Ozland | Clara Shepard Roslin
    Zho'ee
    Stewart Gilligan "Stewie" Griffin
  • alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    By the way, does anyone have any build suggestions for my Temporal Destroyer?

Currently I have 3 fore cannon, a fore torpedo launcher, a cutting beam, that beam turret reward, and a Bionerual warhead aft
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    alan171717 wrote: »

Currently I have 3 fore cannon, a fore torpedo launcher, a cutting beam, that beam turret reward, and a Bionerual warhead aft

Talk to darth on that subject, his build on his temporal destroyer is pretty slick, but you might have to give him a few dino pets to encourage him to do so :P

Eh I'm sure he would gladly help yeah in suggesting improvements on your build.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • mamif3mamif3 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey. I am wondering if you are still recruiting. Came back to game to mess with season 8 and no one has been on in my fleet at all this week.

I'm looking for a small/midsize fleet that is active.
    edited November 2013
    mamif3 wrote: »
    Hey. I am wondering if you are still recruiting. Came back to game to mess with season 8 and no one has been on in my fleet at all this week.

I'm looking for a small/midsize fleet that is active.

We are, just about to head off to work here, but you can shoot me a PM if your on now at @xXLocutusXx, and once I get on later ill shoot you some details and we can take it from there :)

Cheers
    Loc
    edited November 2013
    Two questions:
    1. What should I do with fleet creds? (I wasn't allowed to buy weapons)
    2. Is there any way I could trade fleet creds for regular creds at a good exchange rate as to finance a ship or fleet mod
    edited November 2013
    Two questions:
    1. What should I do with fleet creds? (I wasn't allowed to buy weapons)
    2. Is there any way I could trade fleet creds for regular creds at a good exchange rate as to finance a ship or fleet mod

1. Fleet credits, for me I usually store them for things I want from the fleet stores. Or at times I use them to buy dofs for our projects. If you haven't made Lt commander just yet in fleet, wait it out and once you do youll have enouph credit to purchase ships,gear,ect.

2. Fleet credits no, only way to use those are just by buying stuff from the stores.
  • darthvrooksdarthvrooks Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *facepalm* I complimented him back because...why wouldn't you?

7ft tall green haired beauty!

I'm only 6.5ft and blue damnit!

*cries*
    I go to work ONE day and this thread turns into some sort of perv-a-thon, wtf guys? seriously? keep it in fleet chat lets not scare off potential new fleet members in the damn recruiting thread :p

There are several questions I would need to ask. Where are your skill points allocated? did you concentrate on energy weapons? torpedoes? What kind of consoles do you have equipped? What's your play style? Are you a tac? engineer?

You can either hit me in game when we're on at the same time or post here. Generally speaking torp damage is decreased drastically if it hits a shield. I should point out I had my fleet excelsior configured in a way people thought was horrendous but it fit my play style. So not knowing that I can't really make any decent suggestions for you. I'm an engineer and I'm running 4 Dual Heavy AP Cannons up front, the cutting beam and two AP turrets rear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In game handle @darthvrooks
    edited November 2013
    I go to work ONE day and this thread turns into some sort of perv-a-thon, wtf guys? seriously? keep it in fleet chat lets not scare off potential new fleet members in the damn recruiting thread :p

There are several questions I would need to ask. Where are your skill points allocated? did you concentrate on energy weapons? torpedoes? What kind of consoles do you have equipped? What's your play style? Are you a tac? engineer?

You can either hit me in game when we're on at the same time or post here. Generally speaking torp damage is decreased drastically if it hits a shield. I should point out I had my fleet excelsior configured in a way people thought was horrendous but it fit my play style. So not knowing that I can't really make any decent suggestions for you. I'm an engineer and I'm running 4 Dual Heavy AP Cannons up front, the cutting beam and two AP turrets rear.
    I create a perv-a-thon in every RP thread I make :p (Joke, most are very vanilla)

Ok, as to ship:
    I have 5 consoles set aside for abilities (Two tac, three sci):
    Isometric Charge
    Photnic Displacement
    Manhiem Device
    Theta Radiation
    Subspace Jump

Then I have:
    Tactical:
    Warhead Yield X (Purple)
    Photon Detonation XI (Green)

Science:
    Shield Refrequencer XII +Emit (Purple)

Engineering:
    Shield Emitters XI (Blue)

I have more points in torpedoes than energy weapons, but neither was left out badly

I play an engineer

My play style is usually make a circle every minute to fire off my Bionerual warhead, but I also sometimes just sit there and fire. When in a pitched battle I use my vast amount of abilities to try and keep my shields up and provide my torps an opening
    edited November 2013
    If I bet, chances are Id lose.. but I think will definitely get a forth :P

You would've made some money if you bet....coulda, woulda, shoulda implemented poker into the game already.

He asked a legit question, I gave an honest answer/comment.
    And I doubt we'll scare off anybody with that. If anything we'll get more....creepy...people.

More people are attracted to green than blue...I think. So consider it a compliment. Your helping us get people.

So I say thank you Darth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Zho'ee
    edited November 2013
    You would've made some money if you bet....coulda, woulda, shoulda implemented poker into the game already.

He asked a legit question, I gave an honest answer/comment.
    And I doubt we'll scare off anybody with that. If anything we'll get more....creepy...people.

More people are attracted to green than blue...I think. So consider it a compliment. Your helping us get people.

So I say thank you Darth.

Creepy people recruitment ftw? lol.

You know were just making HR Department become even more busy then it already is hahahh. As sense of humour is a must in this fleet for any new folks looking for a home amongst the stars. Nothing gets out of hand so don't worry. :)
    edited November 2013
    Creepy people recruitment ftw? lol.

You know were just making HR Department become even more busy then it already is hahahh. As sense of humour is a must in this fleet for any new folks looking for a home amongst the stars. Nothing gets out of hand so don't worry. :)

WTF? Is that like a PSA announcement of Darth and myself's and indeed the rest of the fleets odd ways?

"Don't worry folks, they're weird but they won't murder you in your sleep or try and take pictures of you brushing your hair at night, join us."

What the hell man? I thought you were Llama cool about it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Zho'ee
  • dagfinnrdagfinnr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Only initiation is to come and stand on our extended spire doors....

BTW thanks Locutus; still had perma damage today lol
  • dagfinnrdagfinnr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    "Don't worry folks, they're weird but they won't murder you in your sleep or try and take pictures of you brushing your hair at night, join us."

Yes come and relax with some of the quietest, calm and decent people you will ever meet.
    We have created a very special room on our starbase for new recruits.
    All comforts you could possibly think of or desire are provided to you.
    Just ignore the red spots on the floor and walls; oh and NEVER open the BLUE door......
  • mamif3mamif3 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dagfinnr wrote: »
    Yes come and relax with some of the quietest, calm and decent people you will ever meet.
    We have created a very special room on our starbase for new recruits.
    All comforts you could possibly think of or desire are provided to you.
    Just ignore the red spots on the floor and walls; oh and NEVER open the BLUE door......

*Opens blue door*
    edited November 2013
    "...or try and take pictures of you brushing your hair at night, join us."

I hide in your air vent TWICE wearing bib overalls carrying a weedeater, a live chicken and some cool whip and take pictures of you brushing your hair and suddenly I'M "creepy"? Let it go man, it's been like......27 minutes....or so....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    By the way, how many fleet credits do I need to advance in rank?

I transferred my survey Zen into Dilithium today, as to help with the frickin millions one needs for that, and I am wondering if that is worth it
    edited November 2013
    I hide in your air vent TWICE wearing bib overalls carrying a weedeater, a live chicken and some cool whip and take pictures of you brushing your hair and suddenly I'M "creepy"? Let it go man, it's been like......27 minutes....or so....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh god....my sides....they hurt.....I'm nearly coughing up a lung from laughter......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Zho'ee
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The Jenolan Sphere is gone :|
    If I bet, chances are Id lose.. but I think will definitely get a forth :P

Given that Bran's mentioned that Breach doesn't properly award Voth Implants or Dilithium, and that Commendations aren't awarding properly, and some people still can't get on, and the game still crashes, and so on and so forth - i'd say a fourth patch (and maybe a fifth) are a certainty.

Anyone want to run some Voth ground stuff tomorrow night? :P
    By the way, how many fleet credits do I need to advance in rank?

I transferred my survey Zen into Dilithium today, as to help with the frickin millions one needs for that, and I am wondering if that is worth it

Check your in-game Mail Alan, i'm pretty sure Loc sent out a message with the current rank requirements in it, although since he's currently in the process of rewriting how we promote, it's subject to change.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
    edited November 2013
    Well I work all day, making money as I go, and your all on here just having a few laff's, well aint that just dandy. Iam the one putting the food on our plates but ohhh lets just get crazy without locutus.... hahhah I kid I kid.

To answer the promotion/rank requirement question, yes I recently sent out a new update on the promotion system, it was a ruff draft but everyone has green lit it so far, so I think it'll be written in stone. Unless anyone else has any feedback on the matter. But I believe I sent that out yesterday "ish" or the other day before that. Might have to clean your mail if your not getting our fleet newsletter and announcements.

Will definitely need a few more patches to clean things up, that's for sure. So Id assume will see a few more patches within the next few days, if not every day :P

Well. just gonna do a few things here and ill be on to do some battlegrounds :) cya guys soon <3

Loc
    edited November 2013
    So for those wondering why I've been having to restart the game so much, here's a nice little shot of me flying around the dyson sphere

http://i40.tinypic.com/n1c51i.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    So for those wondering why I've been having to restart the game so much, here's a nice little shot of me flying around the dyson sphere

http://i40.tinypic.com/n1c51i.jpg

Desycrinisation imminent
    edited November 2013
    I just spent a lot of Fleet creds (Plus Zen to house them) on common science duty officers, so can I ask people to not add theirs to the spire tomorrow?

I think I have enough to do it myself
    edited November 2013
    I just spent a lot of Fleet creds (Plus Zen to house them) on common science duty officers, so can I ask people to not add theirs to the spire tomorrow?

I think I have enough to do it myself

Lately when I get on, its already done hahahha :P I was lucky enouph to drop some in our t4 starbase upgrade :P
    edited November 2013
    Lately when I get on, its already done hahahha :P I was lucky enouph to drop some in our t4 starbase upgrade :P

Hopefully it doesn't fill up fast this time

I will set an alarm to get up when it runs out anyway
    edited November 2013
    Have you ever considered making a private forum for the fleet?
    edited November 2013
    Have you ever considered making a private forum for the fleet?

Its actually on my agenda atm. Prob next year will be looking to have a our own full fledged website and forum. =D
    edited November 2013
    Its actually on my agenda atm. Prob next year will be looking to have a our own full fledged website and forum. =D

Coolness, to the extreme, Can't wait for it. Mind if I set up an RP section? I have about 3 years experience in RPing. I actually made a STO based one on Nationstates, where I used my Captain to mock STO in general "Lucido is kinda meant to be a mockery of STO player captains, greedy, out of uniform, immoral, flying random ships, and in it for themselves"

Sorry, my wifi was down today, and tomorrow I have lots of school, so not much STO for me. :(
    edited November 2013
    Coolness, to the extreme, Can't wait for it. Mind if I set up an RP section? I have about 3 years experience in RPing. I actually made a STO based one on Nationstates, where I used my Captain to mock STO in general "Lucido is kinda meant to be a mockery of STO player captains, greedy, out of uniform, immoral, flying random ships, and in it for themselves"

Sorry, my wifi was down today, and tomorrow I have lots of school, so not much STO for me. :(

For sure, ill be on tomorrow for sure, for most of the day as tonight is the start of my weekend. So will chat more about this in great detail :)
    edited November 2013
    So, got my papers done

I am so close to being a member of the fleet (With permission to buy) I sold my Voth duty officer, then bought a bunch of warp coils to help, submitted all my Dithium, gave all the duty officers I could, and gave 89 Spire previsions (Which I now realize don't help) and EDIT: I did it, between the spire and fleet starbase, I have given 200,000 credits! :D