Options

Season 6 Dev Blog #19

12346»

Comments

• Options
    raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    bern9 wrote: »
    :-) People, remember hulls are more for being internally functional than externally(-: We have shields for that) so even if it looks more warlike or more science oriented it is what's 'Inside' that really matters

not in this game and for people who are passionate about the look of their favourite fictional ship. Both the outside and inside should look good. Has there been any news on the boff and stats yet?
  • Options
    talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    JamJamz wrote:

When I was tasked with the creation of the refit version of the Sovereign, I knew I had to draw from other 2409 ships seen in STO. The standards were set pretty high, seeing the Venture class refit of the Galaxy, the Thunderchild and Armitage refit of the Akira, among others. All of these ships had something in common, namely, selling the idea that they are an advanced version of their original counterpart, while keeping true to the basic design features. The Sovereign is already a gorgeous ship, so I knew it would not be an easy task to make it even cooler.

I took design features seen in an assortment of ships, from the Defiant, to the Odyssey, and everything in-between. Most importantly, I had to make sure it paid its dues to the Sovereign, so it kept the overall shape and size. A few key features were changed to help make it stand out, namely the forward swept pylons, and the grand arms stretching across the ship, from the front of the saucer to the rear shuttle bay. The top of the hull was ideal ground to do something to help it stand out. It's a mixture of what is seen on the Sol, Venture, and Sovereign. Creating negative space from different perspectives was massively important to making the Regent what it is today. From the side, there is no negative space between the Nacelles and the hull of the ship, akin to the Venture class. The inward facing windows on the rear of the semi-split hull is akin to the Odyssey and Sol. Some of the details under the saucer are not only directly inspired from the Constitution, but also from the Defiant and Intrepid.

In the end, keeping familiar elements from other ships, and merging them together into one glorious vessel, results in the Regent. While the Sovereign will always have a special place in my heart, I'm very happy with the end result of the Regent. I feel that it will perform quite well as Starfleet's primary assault cruiser.

Very interesting, Im guessing you guys took
    inspiration from this design too right?
    Link: MadeInJapan1988's Design
    Link: His design amongst other finalists of design the Ent-F.
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I COMMAND THEE TO RISE!!!!! But seriously no necroing man.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Holy necro thread, Batman!!!

This is a thread from Season 6!!!
  • Options
    orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    otowi wrote: »
    Holy necro thread, Batman!!!

This is a thread from Season 6!!!

WOW sherlock nothing gets past you

We all can SEE its from season 6.

u lost 100 points Captain Obvious
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    One year and one day - I believe that's a new Necro Record.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Night of the zombie threads....
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited August 2013
    no I think the one down in 10 Forward that was necro'd from 2010 probably holds the record.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    One year and one day - I believe that's a new Necro Record.

Indeed it is my dear Taco.

This thread was raised from the dead (after no posts for 30 days or more) and it had to be put down.

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread raised from the dead which violates the [URL=" http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?&a=51"]PWE Community Rules and Policies[/URL] just report it and avoid posting in it.

Note that you're more than welcome to start a new thread on the topic (unless there is an existing thread on the topic that has received a post within the last 30 days, in which case you can just continue to post in that thread)! :)

Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.