Season 6 Dev Blog #17

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    derrico1 wrote: »
    whay the ---- is going on with this game ???? :::mad:

That is an easy question to answer. You (and everyone else who plays) are not a customer, you are a resource to be mined until you are dry and then discarded
  • Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sooooo, the guy who came up with the prices for the Aurum store when it first opened in STO got fired by CCP and now has come to PWE now.... well i guess in STO there aint nothing the community can do about his pricing scheme here.

so whats next... borg monocles :-P
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I love that they Nerfed the ONLY real area that this suit is even remotely useful for. If you do Every one of the Easy and Medium missions (then wait for the cooldown) you only get 60 marks (assuming you do so in the very limited Fleet Mark times), in the same time you can run a couple of the PvE ques and if you have a good group get double that (at the fleet mark events) or the same amount at any other time of the day. As such, there is really no reason to run Nukura more than once, and that definitely doesn't justify a 700 Zen per char item that doesn't have any set bonuses.
  • Options
    psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Originally Posted by odyssey47
    I've already seen a lot of these suits running around in such a short time.

Are you sure? Using the Shard of Possibilities summons two npcs wearing the new suits (instead of your current equipped one for no reason). I haven't used security team on Nukara yet but if that is also the new suits then there can be lots of the suits around without a single purchaser.
  • Options
    dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've seen a grand total of 2 so far.
  • Options
    genericiigenericii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Someone has to buy Zen points and put it on the exchange. The only free Zen are the one lifers get after 2 years into the game.

So, if Zen needs to be purchase in order to be put on the exchange for the dilithium grinders to get then how is anything in the game free?

If all the people who buy Zen point stop buy or putting them on the exchange where will the Zen points come from?

I suggest everyone stop putting Zen point up for dilithium so that people see nothing in the C-Store can be obtain for free.

Quoted for truth, but unfortunately some people will never understand logic.
  • Options
    genericiigenericii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    You don't buy items on the exchange with dilithium so your entire post is without meaning. Everything in this game is free, you just have a choice to spend money. If you people think because you have a childish mentality of "I want it now" therefore I have to spend money, that's your own problem. I'm sure the price of these items would be lower if they didn't give so many ways to obtain them for free.

Items in the CStore that are on the exchange didn't get there by magic, someone either had to pay money for zen or exchange dilithium for zen. In the event of the latter, someone had to purchase zen and offer it in trade for dilithium. A CStore item can NOT end up on the exchange without a zen purchase by someone. Therefore EVERY CStore item cost someone the price of that item. I cannot spell it out more clearly for you. Just because it cost you nothing, doesn't mean it cost nothing. When people stop putting cash items on the exchange I'd like to see how easy it is for you to get items for "free".
  • Options
    pr1983pr1983 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If I buy it on the exchange, though, I didn't spend any real money on it, and got it for free.

It really depends on how you look at it.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    genericii wrote: »

Items in the CStore that are on the exchange didn't get there by magic, someone either had to pay money for zen or exchange dilithium for zen. In the event of the latter, someone had to purchase zen and offer it in trade for dilithium. A CStore item can NOT end up on the exchange without a zen purchase by someone. Therefore EVERY CStore item cost someone the price of that item. I cannot spell it out more clearly for you. Just because it cost you nothing, doesn't mean it cost nothing. When people stop putting cash items on the exchange I'd like to see how easy it is for you to get items for "free".

Of course, if we extend this logic further, *NOTHING* in the game is free, because Cryptic pays employees to write the code, using money they got from subs and C-Store sales.

You don't like the C-Store. That's OK. But it doesn't mean everybody has to. The reason this kind of pricing model makes money isn't because people are stupid; it's because a lot of people like this model. People like to be able to pick the things they like off a menu instead of having them bundled. Look at any cable TV company's complaints; the primary thing people ask for in terms of policy change is a la carte pricing.

I have no problem with Cryptic's revenue model. My only problem with this item is that it's a bad price/value ratio, and on an canon item. Bad price/value ratios should be reserved for things that aren't canon, because the number one reason people play this game instead of some other game is they're fans of one or more of the TV or movie series.

I'm not angry with Cryptic; I just think whoever made this price decision needs to be sat down in a room and have the nature and importance of the fandom explained to them.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".