test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tholian Lock Box

14567810»

Comments

• blackblackwyrmblackblackwyrm Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Honestly it could be much worse about the boxes. They have at least made a real effort here to give something tangible back. Bought the reinforcement pack yesterday cause I figured "Why not?" I didn't get anything impressive or substantial. But the opening of it gave me a cheap thrill that was cheap. Right now I feel like the new lock box will be better cause it's more value for a dollar+, and that is important. It nice to feel like my cheap thrills will be a little better rewarded. At least they're trying and no one is holding a gun to your head to open one. Just accept the nice little gesture and stop screaming that you didn't get the OMG porwz for free.
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When will these new lockboxes be introduced ingame? I'm guessing by the next downtime for a patch?
  • ddplattddplatt Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    why not caputred ships isnt far fetched

True but Tholians are totally different to most of the species, they don?t even breath oxygen, and I'm sure they lots of limbs as well, so I would guess the ships would be designed to accommodate this, captured ships would explain but at the stretch of the imagination, we're at the point now there are hundreds of captured ships flying about this must be there confusing for Starfleet and the bad guys.
    I just wish they'd add more orginal federation ships variety is the spice of life 
  • ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You don't buy the boxes, you buy the KEYS! The boxes drop like rain for free. You don't have to do anything but blow up some npc objects to get boxes. Boxes are everywhere. Boxes by themselves are WORTHLESS. No one (at least no one with any sense) is buying boxes.

It's the KEYS, people! The KEYS! The KEYS are what people are buying, the KEYS are what matter. The KEYS are the tokens we use for these lockbox gumball machines! The only thing the lockbox does is define the contents of the gumball machine.
    Caught. I rephrase it:

"If Lobi store items are only available for a specific time period (set by the current offered Lock Box), people may feel the need to buy more Master Keys, to open a Lock Box, to get more Lobi, to get a specific desired item in time = more $ income."

Disclaimer: Master Keys can be obtained for free (as in: no real money needed). You can buy them directly from the exchange. Or you can use the Dilithium exchange to acquire the needed Zen.
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ddplatt wrote: »
    True but Tholians are totally different to most of the species, they don?t even breath oxygen, and I'm sure they lots of limbs as well, so I would guess the ships would be designed to accommodate this, captured ships would explain but at the stretch of the imagination, we're at the point now there are hundreds of captured ships flying about this must be there confusing for Starfleet and the bad guys.
    I just wish they'd add more orginal federation ships variety is the spice of life 

I can understand your point, but don't forget that, for the most part, Star Trek is all about the suspension of disbelief. Enjoy!!
  • nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Does anyone take STO seriously anymore? Because I'm having a hard time doing it...

Lets just allow every type of ship to everyone at this rate. And...that sword....that looks like it was taken from an Eastern MMO or WoW...just /Picardfacepalm on this one.
  • uxvorastrixuxvorastrix Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think I speak for the vast majority of all players when I say, "enough with the freakin' lock boxes already".
    D&D DM/Player since 1982 - all versions except the despised 4e
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    AS LOOT!?!?!? AS LOOT!?!?!? AS LOOT?!?!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    *gasp*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
  • ethancorriganethancorrigan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'll trade all of my tholian lockboxes for an exchange that works.
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I wonder what paid for Season 6. Oh, yeah, it was those Jem'Hadar ships because this game is free to play.

A nice offering, with great items. I look forward to grabbing a few on the exchange or opening boxes via dilithium.
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In Star Trek they are always flying completely alien ships or using their devices without any real difficulty. Which is crazly, lol. In real life it would be difficult for a member of one Navy to use equipment on a ship from another Earth navy.

I've pondered this as well. Aside from obvious TV reasons I assume that it would be part and parcel of 25th century life though. The gel of species would have to necessitate a base foundation of logical operations. I've always imagined the reason why the Away Team can tap away increasingly quickly at alien consoles is through having trained in the recognition of mathematical and logical similarities. Such things being constant throughout this universe.

I'm sure there would be plenty of classes covering such topics at the Academy. Especially with the rich and diverse information on hand in the ST universe. A red warning button means pretty much the same on both side of Earth for us to even question what its intended function may be.

I've read about the plaque that Carl Sagan et al designed for the Voyager probes (iirc). There was some controversy apparently over the line and arrowhead used to represent which of the planets the satellite originated from (well there was a lot of controversy of that plaque, not just that ^^).

The point being that the Arrowhead may not have the same meaning of object or intended meaning (direction) in alien cultures as it does in our own. But the mathematics(read:science) underpinning the location to Earth were logically based on distances between pulsar stars as determined by the wavelength of a common interaction of Helium (if I recall correctly). They may not be able to determine which planet we inhabit, but they could at least narrow things down to our solar system. =) It makes for interesting reading. */stops off-topic rambling*
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    FYI - Lock Boxes should no longer trigger a need/greed roll pop-up. This should make things go more smoothly in STFs for instance.

Thanks to Priority One for bringing this to our attention.

you did not see this being mentioned on the forums like 100 bazillion times in every thread about lock boxes?

ok!

i'll make a note to channel all my feedback through Priority One and STOked Radio from now on... *shrug*

nothing new that you have to stalk and hunt down the dev's in the right place at the right time to make your suggestions / feedback / bug reports heard. *shrug*

thanks for removing them from the need or greed process anyway,
    sadly the 3D lockboxes in space and on ground are just as much of an eyesore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sito1jast wrote: »
    yes we did... the Tholians.

no we didnt there is a new race in the game but not a faction
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's just too late, the damage has been done. :(