Install Arc

Massive White Blobs in Mirror Universe Event

Comments

• maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    zerobang wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjnt0sCUk_k

my FPS dropped from 60 to 30
    (of course you won't see that in a 30FPS youtube vid *duh*)

Still... it looks like you can fly through and around them, and pan your camera view with relative ease.

My screen virtually freezes whenever those show up. When I do any Empire Defense daily, I have to keep the blobs behind me all the time, and if any NPC spawns between me and those, I have to turn around and shoot them with my aft weapons. Daily takes forever to finish. It's really annoying.

There will be yet another patch tonight. Still nothing on this.
  • ceekaeceekae Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hey dev team...here is an idea........JUST GED RID OF THE DAMN WHITE BLOB CLOUD THINGS!!!!!!! They look stupid, ruin frame rate and make these events extremely annoying to play. Who's bright idea was it to put these big white smears into space in the first place? Pleeeeeez just get rid (or the option) of them and stop ignoring the problem, PVP sucks, now events are sucking too!
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is happening to me as well. Please fix ASAP!
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • djzephyrdjzephyr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Am seeing these white aura things in several Red Alerts, and they indeed wreak havoc on framerates, especially on my crappy old min-spec rig (read my sig for my specs... and try not to cry). I couldn't get too close, let alone even look towards them, lest my video card explode or eyes melt. Screenshot for reference:

http://i.imgur.com/BDPSn.jpg

Hope these stupid blobs get removed, glitch or otherwise- not only are they ugly, they make it rather hard to battle the Borg (something I'm otherwise fairly good at). I've also noticed some framerate issues in other areas where I never had problems before, tho I suspect a reboot might fix some of those- this poor ol beast has had a long night.

And keep in mind, Cryptic/PWE- before you go and TRIBBLE around with graphics, keep us broke folks in mind!

PS: Don't forget, everyone, to keep spamming bug reports while in-game. Maybe if we swamp 'em with messages, they'll finally get a clue...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Big Home-Built Beast:
    AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz Hex-Core, 8GB DDR3 RAM
    MSI GeForce GTX 650 TI, 5.1-channel audio
    Windows 7 Home Premium
  • areikou#8990 areikou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm astonished that the powers that be at Cryptic have not even ACKNOWLEDGED this issue when so many people are obviously affected by it, with both high end and low end machines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
    is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
  • darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's kind of funny that they had those bright white spots in the No Win Scenario on Tribble during the testing the first week and everyone complained that they were causing bad FPS and just looked terrible since they blind you when enemies fly near them so they removed them. But in the release of Season 6 it seems they added those white spots to a bunch of other maps instead so maybe Cryptic are just being quiet right now until they can fix them all.
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Another screencap of the blobs in the Red Alert map.

http://i.imgur.com/K4zZ3.jpg
    I'm astonished that the powers that be at Cryptic have not even ACKNOWLEDGED this issue when so many people are obviously affected by it, with both high end and low end machines.

I don't think they have a fraking clue as to what is causing the blobs.

Do you, Cryptic?
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    the fan on my processes varies its speed based on processor load. when ever those white blobs appear on screen, it speeds up to maximum. same thing on the character log in screen too for some reason.

so not only are they annoying to look at, they are over taxing all of your systems! keep them off the screen if you want to preserve your computer. please remove these cryptic.
  • warriorxsgrwarriorxsgr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Please remove this white cloud :(
  • kingsporekingspore Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    well i was going to come make a post about this and i took screen shots and everything!

now i'm a little sad my screenshot is wasted :(

but i too have this problem and i thought maybe it was my computer but clearly it isn't!
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2012
    A number of maps with this issue have been fixed. I'm not sure when those fixes will be going out to all of you though.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ah yes, I encountered this problem in several Borg Red Alerts, and they seem to bring serious lag.
    This is a shot from a Regulus alert.
    http://postimage.org/image/f9l9gf2f9/
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »
    A number of maps with this issue have been fixed. I'm not sure when those fixes will be going out to all of you though.

Not to mention I made several posts on the matter over the past several months and putting in tickets does not help because either they are not recieved until 6-10 months after i put them in or they are just disregarded and closed out as resolved when you can see the problem was not resolved LOL.
  • torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    this is started happening to me in the Defence missions.. only just never before...!!!!!!

screenshot_2012-08-15-18-12-51.jpg

screenshot_2012-08-15-18-13-38.jpg

screenshot_2012-08-15-18-19-21.jpg

what the flip is going on never had em before....

how do I get rid of them as it is really TRIBBLE up the game play..

any help thx.
    edited August 2012

Good to know.

*sighs*
  • jayorzjayorz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Still in the game, empire defense missions and many deep space encounters are basically unplayable thanks to these stupid, pointless, framerate killing white lights.

Will this ever get fixed?
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    jayorz wrote: »
    Still in the game, empire defense missions and many deep space encounters are basically unplayable thanks to these stupid, pointless, framerate killing white lights.

Will this ever get fixed?

Tumerboy said that they have fixed the issue, but the update hasn't reached us yet and doesn't know when it'll be out. So till then, Empire Defenses are out for me.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
    edited August 2012
    I fixed a list of about 5 maps (sorry don't remember which), which was given to me. I'm not guaranteeing they are all fixed, and will attempt to address any we've missed.
  • bluejaye1bluejaye1 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Just to throw my tupence into this. After being as annoyed with this as so many others I recently created an out of game ticket and was told to turn down my graphics and that should help.
    Needless to say it didn't.

Could I suggest that the helpdesk is actually told that this problem is being worked on so they can let players know if they also get frustrated and raise a ticket.
    Star Trek Offline is currently online. We apologise for the convenience and are working to remedy the situation.
  • heimdallw32heimdallw32 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    On some Red Alert maps one of the 'nebula' things stretches across a large portion of the bottom of the map's background, making "not angling my camera at it" difficult if I want to combat the Borg effectively. I've tried turning every graphical setting down to the lowest they will go (every setting, period), and the white patches still absolutely destroy my framerate, so whatever they are, they aren't linked to a setting (or are just that badly optimized).

Normally I get 30-60fps depending on what's on screen with a mixture of medium-high settings. And even if it wasn't hitting my framerate, they're like having a flashlight shining directly in your face, not fun. I suspect they are not intended (it does seem like a single transparent/translucent self-lighting thing that is mistakenly layered on itself numerous times, amplifying the brightness and work your computer must do to render them).

For what it's worth, my specs:
    Q6600 2.4ghz
    GeForce 9600 GT 512mb
    6gb system RAM
    Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium

Only exception to the "medium-high settings" I mentioned that I use is Bloom. I keep that at 5% and low quality, personal visual preferences.
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I fixed a list of about 5 maps (sorry don't remember which), which was given to me. I'm not guaranteeing they are all fixed, and will attempt to address any we've missed.

Just want to point out that each, and, every, one of the KDF maps in the Omega Leonis "explore" areas, where you face off against various factions, has the same "blob" issue. I hope these are being fixed as well.
    HvGQ9pH.png
    edited August 2012
    Funny how the longer time passes the white blobs still there and now there is a black texture that looks like its a rip in subspace in the Pi Canis missions gave me a massive headache trying to finish one daily there. Although being its KDF I doubt it'll get fixed since there is so many bugs in Pi Canis that it will just be unbearable to play.
    edited August 2012

Hey, everybody. See tomorrow's patch release notes, 2nd bullet point under "General".

Nice.
    edited August 2012
    Oh good! Glad they're finally coming. Please let me know which maps persist after tomorrow's patch.
    edited August 2012
    Oh good! Glad they're finally coming. Please let me know which maps persist after tomorrow's patch.

I hope I can still see by that point I think its made me go blind LOL.
  • kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Just glad to see they were not intentional. I first noticed them in the mirror event and they were placed just right that I thought they were stars added to the background. They played havoc with my system when my camera faced them. To the point of not being able to play.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • bluejaye1bluejaye1 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Tried the mirror event earlier today, still there on that map at least. :(
    Star Trek Offline is currently online. We apologise for the convenience and are working to remedy the situation.
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Pi Canis Borg Red Alert map had the bright white splotches. 8/23/12 10:35pm CDT.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It makes me wonder what sectors were actually fixed with this issue since most of the known ones seem to still have this problem (like the Mirror event).

Psi Velorum Borg Encounter still bugged

http://i47.tinypic.com/1oao8l.png