KDF Unfairness Compared to FED

123457»

Comments

• Options
    anikaifulanikaiful Member Posts: 138
    edited September 2012
    blagorm wrote: »
    Missions:
    Signed! Definitely. There's a whole lot of vacuum mission-wise in comparison to what FED have by default available.
    Ships:
    Might do with more Sci ships, other than that I don't care really.
    Races:
    No need for new races.
    Uniforms:
    Signed! KDF is seriously lacking in options... :mad:
    Bundles:
    Ditto. Most are FED. Where's our TOS Klingon bundle, Cryptic? Huh? Where?
    Population:
    There's one thing about population tho that makes KDF shine - as far as I've noticed, KDF's got more mature population, unlike the kid-infested FED side.
    PvP&E:Guess what? Low population means less chance for these. IM telling you Crystal is a pain, barley any Fleet Actions are ever queue, same with PvP Neutral and most Faction. Barley see KDF on STFs etc.
    Fancy... here my and your observations differ a lot. (Except that Crystal's a pain, it always has been, it always will be). I see about equal number of FED/KDF in STFs in average, but KDF tends to get the job done more efficiently ;) - the more there's KDFs, the quicker you get out.
    Graphics:Fed has better graphics than KDF.
    No, they haven't :D
    Travel:
    Agreed for most part. KDF tho isn't famous for having luxury vacations - 24/7 work, more or less.
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    I agree, a new thread is needed.
    Though it will only work as long as its free of some feds whom seem to hate our "whining" but seem to follow us like vultures looking to "elighten" us to the reality of our situation.

Once the trolling starts its all downhill.

Yeah there is no mature reason for them to come in here and troll, we don't go into the Fed section and do it, so you'd think they would give us the same treatment.
    anikaiful wrote: »
    No need for new races.

Not needed but would be nice, especially some with some decent traits. I feel the Gorn for example is a real missed opportunity, three forced ground traits makes the species more a fun mess around species rather than a serious play one. I'm still of the opinion no traits should be forced, all optional but some restricted to particular species such as warrior and honourable only for Klingons etc. Plus the ability/power traits shouldn't be traits but unique powers for those species a perk for choose that species. It would open up more variety for players and fleets etc.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    piwright42 wrote: »
    So happy jermbot has decided to grace us with permission to voice our opinions when it comes to the KDF, as long as we do not come off as whiny in his opinion.

Trust me there is nothing self righteous about that. :rolleyes:

I can't see anything productive about engaging with you. You'll whine, you'll whine ALOT if you posts in this thread are to be taken as indicative, I'll be vaguely disappointed by the ineffectiveness of your whining. But because our mutual history has shown you to be incapable or unwilling to engage constructively on these issues I'll focus my attentions elsewhere. No reason for the two of us to discuss it further.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Except he did express himself in that fashion, though you have done good job of defending him so.

This particular KDF fan is ranting, which he has a right to do. I merely think personal attacks against the Devs do no good. The OP has done nothing that has been seen before or even done by the feds.

Not giving creedence to what has been said about the KDF, we are lost, the Devs have given up on us, or that our place is set on stone in STO, is not self rightiuos. It means I heard what was said and choose not to accept it as fact just because SF omebody said it.
    Or are we KDF now to take all that other players tell us as gospel without question?

Its not self rightious to expect fair treatement considering the statements made to the future growth of KDF in the past. Its not self rightiuos to not just forget the past but keep it in mind when we speak our continuing desires for a full KDF. Like feds some of us make demands others ask nicely. The OP is angry, so he demands. Its no different than other rants seen on the forums.

Your the one thinking we outspoken KDF want it all now. Thats your mistake. Many in this yhread and others want more but have been clear that it doesnt have to be now or even at the expense of the feds.

The hooray, we KDF need no new ships at the moment. Maybe the Devs could fix the other stuff we are lacking, like a storyline that makes sense or more costume options, or more Zstore items to be bought,etc etc.

But regardless how a unhappy KDF fan or even more realistic fans express themselves, the KDFs desire to have better level of gameplay must continue to be expressed.

As for the "don't give up, just don't expect much" guy. I'm merely repeating the explanations he gave for his position. Those explanations may even be contradictory to what was said before, though I didn't read it that way. This is why, in civilized discourse we allow people to explain their positions if a point of contention arises.

Agreed, this post is nothing we haven't seen before. It was whiny and ineffective then, it's whiny and ineffective now. But you're correct, it is his right to be whiny and ineffective. It's my right to wear hot pants and a belly shirt, but just as you'd hope I will abstain from that right, I would wish the KDF population to phrase their objections more coherently and constructively.

In regards to giving credence to others positions. To disregard an opinion or argument because you personally dislike its conclusions is self righteous. If you had a reason to disagree or disregard that would be something else.

You want fair treatment for the Klingons, great, so do I! Now, on the count of three lets both say what we think "fair" is and see how dramatically we disagree. And that will be the least useful argument imaginable because it is entirely subjective and emotion driven. The OP has phrased his entire point in that subjective framework so it's not at all surprising that the majority of first responses are emotionally driven themselves.

The KDF playerbase doesn't want it all now? Then why are we having the discussion here, in a thread where the OP is basically demanding a 1 for 1 development of content. Every patch and every expansion the KDF has gotten more than it had before. Whether it be a single mission, an entire suite of unique DOFF missions, unique Star Base aesthetics, unique end game ships and unique costume pieces. If you, and other posters, were really content to wait for a full KDF experience, you'd see it happening gradually and these rants would stop. So, what are you asking for praytell? Faster deverlopment than you've been receiving it? 1 for 1 development on par with the Federation? How about more development than the Federation so that this 'unfair' numerical gap between the Federation and the KDF can be bridged once and for all? I personally don't believe any of those things will happen.

Maybe the devs will focus on other stuff the KDF is lacking, though your hopes would be much more likely fulfilled if what you want can dove-tail with Federation development.

Yes, express your desires for more, but don't call the current development cycle 'unfair' and don't accuse those who think the situation is far more complicated than that 'trolls.' Express your demands for more constructively.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Levi3's responses where quite contradictory of each other. Its wasn't "Keep playing, but don't give up hope" They where , " Keep playing but accept the situation as unchamging". Thats something we can not do. We must fight for KDF completion so the faction can be finished.
    Agreed, this post is nothing we haven't seen before. It was whiny and ineffective then, it's whiny and ineffective now. But you're correct, it is his right to be whiny and ineffective. It's my right to wear hot pants and a belly shirt, but just as you'd hope I will abstain from that right, I would wish the KDF population to phrase their objections more coherently and constructively.
    Which is a failing only of the OP, in his anger. Its also something we've seen fed players do as well over whater minutia irks them. It all evens out in the wash and we will always see similiar posts in the future.
    In regards to giving credence to others positions. To disregard an opinion or argument because you personally dislike its conclusions is self righteous. If you had a reason to disagree or disregard that would be something else.
    Once again, its not self righteous to disagree and disbelieve information spouted to you without evidence.
    " The Devs hate the KDF" - I disagree and its not self righteuos of me to do so.
    " The Devs have forgotten us" - I disgree and its not self righteuos for me to do so.

To not accept dubiuos evidence and inuendo presented as fact is not self righteuos. Opinion is not fact and I do not have to acept an opinion strictly becuase it was given.
    Arguement is not fact and to disagree in a debate based on my own personal reasons is not self righteuos.
    You want fair treatment for the Klingons, great, so do I! Now, on the count of three lets both say what we think "fair" is and see how dramatically we disagree. And that will be the least useful argument imaginable because it is entirely subjective and emotion driven. The OP has phrased his entire point in that subjective framework so it's not at all surprising that the majority of first responses are emotionally driven themselves.
    A complete faction. A complete PvE experience that immerses the Player in the KDF side of teh grand story. More costume options and a more open costumes between races. Specialized ground kits for the KDF and feds. I can go on and on.
    The KDF playerbase doesn't want it all now? Then why are we having the discussion here, in a thread where the OP is basically demanding a 1 for 1 development of content. Every patch and every expansion the KDF has gotten more than it had before. Whether it be a single mission, an entire suite of unique DOFF missions, unique Star Base aesthetics, unique end game ships and unique costume pieces. If you, and other posters, were really content to wait for a full KDF experience, you'd see it happening gradually and these rants would stop. So, what are you asking for praytell? Faster deverlopment than you've been receiving it? 1 for 1 development on par with the Federation? How about more development than the Federation so that this 'unfair' numerical gap between the Federation and the KDF can be bridged once and for all? I personally don't believe any of those things will happen.
    No, most don't. Many new to the faction do see the lacking and become outraged and demand action now, like the OP. Though most of us who have been here long enough have seen the changes made and merely wish for the Devs to finish what they have started in a timely fashion without excuses.
    These rants happen becuase most do not know the lacking the KDF has in compariosn with the feds until they make thier first KDF toon and it slaps them in the face. They become upset and express it.
    Maybe the devs will focus on other stuff the KDF is lacking, though your hopes would be much more likely fulfilled if what you want can dove-tail with Federation development.
    No, the KDf needs a level 1 start which can't be tied to the feds. It needs those missing storyline missions that helps the player become invested in thier KDF toon like they can do with thier feds.
    If the Devs create a series of KDf STF missions then those certainly need to agnostic and open to all factions.
    KDF fans are fans and should not have to have our gameplay improve only if the feds can tag along.
    Yes, express your desires for more, but don't call the current development cycle 'unfair' and don't accuse those who think the situation is far more complicated than that 'trolls.' Express your demands for more constructively.

For the most part we (and yet many still tell us exactly what you are telling me) not every KDF post is a rant of outrage and cuastic statements.

Sadly the development cycle is unfair. Have the feds been told its fault they are being not developed becuase they don't spend enough money and at the same time have little to spend it on? The catch-22 situation of the KDF is unfair.

Possibly since we seem to be keeping our rants (as some feds always see them) here in our little section of the forums the feds could simply not look at them instead of jumping in to once again tell us what our place should be and to speak for the Devs when its not thier place to do so.

Unfortunately like the fictional characters we've all seen in the genre, they too stick thier noses in where its not thier concern and become afronted when told its not thier concern.

Frankly tantrums happen and they always will, regardless of factional ties.
    As well, We KDF fans do not have to gain fed approval for our desires. We only have to make our desires known to the Devs, as they create the game.
    Trust me, after two years of ranting they can spot the rants and ignore them over the good posts.
    The KDF doesn't trolling series of "advice" posts on how to express itself in a constructive manner or posts on how we need to accept things everytime one of our own losses out to his/her temper.
    We find such fed helpful postings just as annoying as most feds find our rants.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    piwright42piwright42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    jermbot wrote: »
    I can't see anything productive about engaging with you. You'll whine, you'll whine ALOT if you posts in this thread are to be taken as indicative, I'll be vaguely disappointed by the ineffectiveness of your whining. But because our mutual history has shown you to be incapable or unwilling to engage constructively on these issues I'll focus my attentions elsewhere. No reason for the two of us to discuss it further.

You attempt to bait with the unimaginative overuse of the word "whine" makes me think your lack of discourse with the likes of me is only because you can't rely on the report button any more.
    If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
    They taste the same.
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hello, I can only speak for myself so here are a few things I can think of right now
    where I believe Cryptic's development of the Klingons is unfair, or at the very least strange:

There is still no Klingon 100 day Vet reward.

Known bugs like the turn axis on the Raptor or the reversed high- and low-res models on the K't'ingaare not fixed after more than a year.
    Season 6 bugs that only affected KDF and were known on Tribble for weeks before release, the broken Fleetbase dailies and broken lore terminals at Klingon Academy, were not fixed before release.

Ships:

Feedback was provided what second kind of carrier-type vessel would be welcomed by the playerbase:
    A Klingon-desinged ship with a larger hangarbay and reduced weaponry.
    -> Result: the Kar'fi, the opposite of what was requested.
    [whether or not the proposed ship might have been overpowered should not be an issue at this point]

CaptnLogan created a thread what kind of ships the Klingon playerbase would have liked to see next.
    An overwhelming amount of players asked for the K'vort, resulting in him commenting:
    "K'vort, K'vort from everybody!"
    The result were a number of beautiful ships (credit where credit is due) yet no K'vort.
    The strange thing is this:
    To make a totally new ship Cryptic employees have to make design drawings and have them approved by CBS
    and then build a 3-d model which has to be approved by CBS as well.
    In case of the K'vort the former step would have been superflous and the latter could have been shorteneddue to the fact that the B'rel and K'vort use the exact same shape so the same model with a few modificationsto textures would have sufficed.
    -> It would have been more economical to modify an existing model than to produce a new ship.

Costumes:
    There have been numerous threads about what kind of costumes the playerbase (the ones who post in the forums anyway)
    would like to see.
    Instead of producing those requested costumes, the Academy Pack was designed and implemented.
    -> It takes longer to design something new than to use existing designs from the show and just implement them.

In both cases, ships and costumes, the fact that they don't sell very well has been used as a reason not to produce more.
    Here is what I don't understand:
    ->When you supply that which is demanded odds are that you'll make more sales than when you supply that which was not demanded.

Since launch, the long coat is available to NPCs like the Dahar Master.
    This item was requested numerous times as a vet reward.
    Instead of releasing this item as a reward, resources were used to design shoulder pads that had not been requested.
    -> Existing art assets were not used, instead resources were invested to design something no one requested.

One of the specific costumes proposed as a Vet reward for the KDF were the uniforms from Star Trek VI.
    Instead of providing something requested and relying on an established design from the movies,
    resources were invested to create a various comstume pieces for the Vet Rewards as we have now.
    -> It takes longer to design something new than to use existing designs from the movies and just implement them.

The Mercenary Pack is used by NPCs in the Klingon First City.
    The Merc Pack, which in its own desription, seems to be non-faction specific, was requested by players to be made available on the KDF side (either sold again of just unlocked, in both cases they'd sell some more).
    The fact that the NPCs can wear them without glitches shows this to be technically feasible.
    -> Existing art assets are not used of monetized

Since launch, Dak'taghs and Mek'leths are available to the NCPs along with their attack movements.
    Instead of releasing o, selling these items, Cryptic spent resources to devlop new weapons like the Nausicaan Sword.
    -> Existing art assets are not used or monetized.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Levi3's responses where quite contradictory of each other. Its wasn't "Keep playing, but don't give up hope" They where , " Keep playing but accept the situation as unchamging". Thats something we can not do. We must fight for KDF completion so the faction can be finished.

The current situation will be unchanging. The KDF faction will continue to receive development at a slower pace, especially in the frills and c-store department. You'll likely continue to receive development at a near 1 for 1 pace in the avenues of core systems and game mechanics.
    Which is a failing only of the OP, in his anger. Its also something we've seen fed players do as well over whater minutia irks them. It all evens out in the wash and we will always see similiar posts in the future.

He posted a very long post, with font colors and research. Now, that doesn't mean he's not angry, but he tried to do something productive and failed. I addressed his points individually and now am trying to explain why moral outrage is seen as petulant whining.
    Once again, its not self righteous to disagree and disbelieve information spouted to you without evidence.
    " The Devs hate the KDF" - I disagree and its not self righteuos of me to do so.
    " The Devs have forgotten us" - I disgree and its not self righteuos for me to do so.

What tends to get dismissed out of hand isn't opinions, but arguments. "Klingons will receive less development because their population size does not justify the expense. Don't tell me that their population size is only low because of lack of development when their appearance at cons and their responses to scientifically conducted polls also indicates their population will be low even with a faction as full as the Federation." To dismiss this without identifying a factual mistake or flaw in reasoning is self righteous.
    To not accept dubiuos evidence and inuendo presented as fact is not self righteuos. Opinion is not fact and I do not have to acept an opinion strictly becuase it was given.
    Arguement is not fact and to disagree in a debate based on my own personal reasons is not self righteuos.

To deny evidence, even evidence you deem to be dubious, when your personal reasons seem to have no evidence at all. That's a problem. Now, if your personal reasons have superior evidence, present it. But to dismiss an argument on the grounds of personal reasons without evidence is self righteous.
    A complete faction. A complete PvE experience that immerses the Player in the KDF side of teh grand story. More costume options and a more open costumes between races. Specialized ground kits for the KDF and feds. I can go on and on.

Gradual development as a faction done within the financial means of Cryptic and PWE.

See, completely different definitions of what is fair. Now, they're not necessarily contradictory definitions, but we are obviously approaching the question of "fairness" from two entirely different places.
    No, most don't. Many new to the faction do see the lacking and become outraged and demand action now, like the OP. Though most of us who have been here long enough have seen the changes made and merely wish for the Devs to finish what they have started in a timely fashion without excuses.
    These rants happen becuase most do not know the lacking the KDF has in compariosn with the feds until they make thier first KDF toon and it slaps them in the face. They become upset and express it.

Most don't even come to the forums, so you are right. However, MANY do rant and whine unproductively and many do demand changes be made now, in preference to the wider market viability of the game. I don't believe in naming and shaming but you've looked over enough of these posts to know which people can be safely tuned out as only repeating complaints of how unfair it is or how cryptic hates Klingons.
    No, the KDf needs a level 1 start which can't be tied to the feds. It needs those missing storyline missions that helps the player become invested in thier KDF toon like they can do with thier feds.
    If the Devs create a series of KDf STF missions then those certainly need to agnostic and open to all factions.
    KDF fans are fans and should not have to have our gameplay improve only if the feds can tag along.

Well, that's getting closer. With each faction agnostic featured episode and every lonely stand alone Klingon mission they fill in the content necessary to push the starting level down. One of these days they'll have added enough that they can have a level 1 starting zone and make the "mutiny on the BoHtIq" mission that was suggested earlier.
    For the most part we (and yet many still tell us exactly what you are telling me) not every KDF post is a rant of outrage and cuastic statements.

Yes, I'm sorry if it seems like I'm holding the entire KDF faction as responsible for the caustic whining of a few. Perhaps I was even doing that for a point.
    Sadly the development cycle is unfair. Have the feds been told its fault they are being not developed becuase they don't spend enough money and at the same time have little to spend it on? The catch-22 situation of the KDF is unfair.

That's not an unfair double standard. That is a double standard that comes about due to population size and market requirements. There are enough Federation players to sustain the development cycle of this game. There are not enough Klingon players to sustain the development cycle of this game.
    Possibly since we seem to be keeping our rants (as some feds always see them) here in our little section of the forums the feds could simply not look at them instead of jumping in to once again tell us what our place should be and to speak for the Devs when its not thier place to do so.

Unfortunately like the fictional characters we've all seen in the genre, they too stick thier noses in where its not thier concern and become afronted when told its not thier concern.

I don't consider myself a Klingon player, largely because I do not feel a part of the KDF community on the forums and mostly because I just don't like Klingons. Nausicaans are cool though so, surprise of surprises, I spend the majority of my time on my KDF characters and have spent the majority of money on this game purchasing KDF themed items. From an investment standpoint, time and money both, I'm a KDF player and what happens to the KDF affects me. Levi33 has also mentioned playing KDF characters. So, who are you telling to keep their noses out of the Klingon part of the forums exactly?
    Frankly tantrums happen and they always will, regardless of factional ties.
    As well, We KDF fans do not have to gain fed approval for our desires. We only have to make our desires known to the Devs, as they create the game.
    Trust me, after two years of ranting they can spot the rants and ignore them over the good posts.
    The KDF doesn't trolling series of "advice" posts on how to express itself in a constructive manner or posts on how we need to accept things everytime one of our own losses out to his/her temper.
    We find such fed helpful postings just as annoying as most feds find our rants.

Eh, fair point. I guess I can just ignore the childish behavior of others. I've certainly not had a history of elevating discussions beyond that kind of behavior. But you are wrong. The KDF absolutely needs a series of advice posts on how to express itself in a constructive manner, they just need them from someone they like and respect.

Roach, get on that.
This discussion has been closed.