Install Arc
Options

KDF Unfairness Compared to FED

Comments

• Options
    degalusmedivandegalusmedivan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    gerudon wrote: »
    Cryptic just doesn't have the resources to make KDF content. If just read the nice "KDF history" in you sig, at it looks pretty obvious to me. They made the classic game developer mistake with the KDF faction. They plant big and then had to realize, that they neither had the time nor the money, to do it.

There is also one of the core problems of the franchise: Most player want to play Feds and not Romulans or Klingons, because the Federation is what you know best.

U forget the willing point. They dont want to develop the Klingons. Feds get now Atrox-Armitage- Renent Class and i dont know if the next ship will be a Klingon ship. In the time where the Feds get 3 realy powerfull ships (ok the last not realy so strong) we get none. Hear many Player they wanted to play KDF but delete the chars because only some kling only quests the rest is warmed up fed missions where u must speak sweet to NPCs that they do what u want (not realy klingon like), u start with lvl 20 (no learning how to fly with t1 ships) , fed get nearly all KDF Features (last is the enhanced cloak of b'rel but they find a way to copy past that feature for feds too) and more ships oh and not forget no discount option for fleetships... the list is long, only read the KDF History again.

What i try to say is, they dont want spend time in a Fraction with a 15% or less playerbase. And it looks like they want correcting this with the longtimegoal of driving away KDFplayers to justify no development.

But maybe cryptic are not the main problem, PWE do also a good jop in press out money out of Games. Maybe Cryptic "must" reduce the development.
    But this is only speculation.

sry for the negativthinking post but to play klingon in this game is realy depressing
  • Options
    gerudongerudon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    U forget the willing point.

I didn't forget that point, but that is more of a result of the problems that are plaguing the KDF since the game started.
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The biggest problem this community has are players who blindly make excuses, justifications and what not for Cryptic. Who seem to think it's okay that they continue to charge crazy prices to the point of 2-3 times the Zen they ask for Champions Online, to further ignore a whole faction who makes up a significant portion of their customers, to continually allow and in some cases increase the community being split because they are so blinded and only want Federation junk.

With the amount of money that goes into this game through Zen, Gold Subs and Lifetime Subs, surely they can afford to produce one KDF ship to every 2 Fed ships, and a new KDF mission say once a month until we have a full campaign on unique missions roughly on par with what the Federation has.

We aren't asking for a full faction overnight, we are asking for some development, some equality so that our beloved faction can finally get what it deserves, so we can have more fun with them, so new players can have more fun with it, so Cryptic/PWE can make more money off it. Is that too much to ask? Too much to ask that they finally fulfil their promise they made before and after launch and have constantly promised up to about a few months ago?
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Cryptic just doesn't have the resources to make KDF content. If just read the nice "KDF history" in you sig, at it looks pretty obvious to me. They made the classic game developer mistake with the KDF faction. They plant big and then had to realize, that they neither had the time nor the money, to do it.

There is also one of the core problems of the franchise: Most player want to play Feds and not Romulans or Klingons, because the Federation is what you know best.

Didn't have the resources.
    With STO being the #1 MMO at PWE and the growth Cryptic is experincing that will help the next three seasons bigger, better and more exciting than the ones before, its perfect time to put the pressure on to complete the KDF.

Its certainly not time for the KDF fans to start believing the doom, gloom, the Devs hate us spiel we have been hearing.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    With STO being the #1 MMO at PWE and the growth Cryptic is experincing that will help the next three seasons bigger, better and more exciting than the ones before, its perfect time to put the pressure on to complete the KDF.
    Just so there's no confusion here, STO is not the #1 MMO at Perfect World. It's simply just became the #1 "North American market" MMO. The vast - vast, vast, vast - majority of Perfect World's income still comes from the Asian markets and STO's not making a dent in that, yet.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Just so there's no confusion here, STO is not the #1 MMO at Perfect World. It's simply just became the #1 "North American market" MMO. The vast - vast, vast, vast - majority of Perfect World's income still comes from the Asian markets and STO's not making a dent in that, yet.

#1in North America is still a number one standing and growth will still come with it. Growth that can be used to increase KDF gameplay some as well as the game as a whole.
    Rumor says that Cryptic is even looking to significantly increase thier STO dev teams in the seasons ahead due to thier desire to make the next three seasons to come extra special and hugely increase the game as awhole.

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    U forget the willing point. They dont want to develop the Klingons. Feds get now Atrox-Armitage- Renent Class and i dont know if the next ship will be a Klingon ship. In the time where the Feds get 3 realy powerfull ships (ok the last not realy so strong) we get none. Hear many Player they wanted to play KDF but delete the chars because only some kling only quests the rest is warmed up fed missions where u must speak sweet to NPCs that they do what u want (not realy klingon like), u start with lvl 20 (no learning how to fly with t1 ships) , fed get nearly all KDF Features (last is the enhanced cloak of b'rel but they find a way to copy past that feature for feds too) and more ships oh and not forget no discount option for fleetships... the list is long, only read the KDF History again.

What i try to say is, they dont want spend time in a Fraction with a 15% or less playerbase. And it looks like they want correcting this with the longtimegoal of driving away KDFplayers to justify no development.

But maybe cryptic are not the main problem, PWE do also a good jop in press out money out of Games. Maybe Cryptic "must" reduce the development.
    But this is only speculation.

sry for the negativthinking post but to play klingon in this game is realy depressing
    Find me the specific references where any Dev says, " we do not want to further develop the KDF."
    Not inuendo or belief biased by your own interpetations.

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    #1in North America is still a number one standing and growth will still come with it. Growth that can be used to increase KDF gameplay some as well as the game as a whole.
    Rumor says that Cryptic is even looking to significantly increase thier STO dev teams in the seasons ahead due to thier desire to make the next three seasons to come extra special and hugely increase the game as awhole.
    I'm not disputing STO is growing. I can see that it's growing - and I think it's only going to get bigger over time. I just don't want people to get the wrong idea that STO is PW's #1 game because it's not. I don't want rumors to start flying and getting convoluted over time. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    gerudongerudon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Its certainly not time for the KDF fans to start believing the doom, gloom, the Devs hate us spiel we have been hearing.

Well, I don't know how much they make with STO and how much of that they could spend on KDF content, do you?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Well, I don't know how much they make with STO and how much of that they could spend on KDF content, do you?

No I do not. Niether do you. I do know that resources are growing. I have heard rumor from Vegas that the Devs have big plans for the seasons ahead. As well I have heard that we KDF need to keep the pressure on for moreso that the powers that be do not think us complaincent.

R.I.P
  • Options
    hawks3052hawks3052 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'll still be there to let the Devs know Roach :)
  • Options
    degalusmedivandegalusmedivan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Find me the specific references where any Dev says, " we do not want to further develop the KDF."
    Not inuendo or belief biased by your own interpetations.

Sry i over do it a little.... But they would never say it directly, they only make moves toward it. Speaking of the possebility of takeing out pvp because its not in a good shape and it would not realy change something on the playerbase is one of many steps.
    KDF are pvp oriented from the beginning and if they realy take pvp out in any future, thats would realy hurt KDF.
    Or the Point with the Fleetships and no Discount option for Klings or .... like i sayed "Klingon History"
    Too many steps vs Klingons for my taste.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Count me in. More KDF missions to cater them specially in story line. Not some hack/slash job to "give" them a mission. More uniforms/outfits choices, more options on personal appearance, and more ships. The sky is the limit on what they can do for KDF.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    gleitfroschgleitfrosch Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    nick nack paddy whack, give us klings a bone
    don?t feed us with words alone :P

ps.
    /SIGNED
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    nick nack paddy whack, give us klings a bone
    don?t feed us with words alone :P

ps.
    /SIGNED
    They threw you a bone back in April with Alpha. Gee, you KDF guys want the world... :D
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    WARNING: I'M ABOUT TO GET WORDY HERE...

I agree with every point the OP makes but especially with;

SHIPS: There does need to be more KDF ships made available. Tactical ships especially (IMO). The only truly viable BOP's are the Hegh'Ta heavy BOP and the endgame B'rel. No more carriers... there's already too many of them.

UNIFORMS: There needs to be a tremendous amount of work done in this area with a lot more variety overall but especially the Long Coats for Lt. Gen. (lvl 50) just as the Feds have the VA coat for level 50.

The fact that, as the OP pointed out, the common complaint from TPTB is that there are not enough Klingon players... well... the OP is right. That's because there's not enough here to ATTRACT new players. Among die hard Star Trek fans the Federation will always be more popular. But since FTP launch you are getting an increasing number of folks who are simply sci fi fans with no special favoritism for Star Trek (some have little more than a passing knowledge of it) and even fantasy and action/adventure game players with little experience in a sci fi based game at all. They have no reason to NOT try their hand at the Klingon build. But when they do... well... imagine their disappointment. So of course they delete the character and go play Fed.

If you build it... they will come.

Along with all the OP's suggestions let me also offer that the Klingon faction in this game seems to have been created, originally, as simply a foil for the Federation. In the original series that's really all they were. But with Next Gen the franchise began trying to develop them into something more... something better... with, at least, aspirations to the nobler concepts embodied in the Code of the Warrior. The character of Worf was often a shining example of this. So, along with all those changes, how about improving and developing the tone of the faction itself in that direction? I truly believe that if you put the effort in you will be rewarded in the long run far better than you imagine.

Why?

Because I am a lifelong Star Trek fan (starting in the 60's with TOS) who never really had much use for the Klingons except as a foil. Recently, however, I undertook to help build up my Fleets Klingon faction along with several others and, since launching myself in to that, have been amazed at how enamored I've become of the Klingon side of things. There is MUCH to be said for playing that side of the street. I believe if there were more available to entice more players to give it a try... more would end up feeling the same way and you'd have a better balanced (and larger) player base spending TWICE as much money to pave their own sidewalks on BOTH sides of the road :D
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Just my opinion one way of delegating new content for the game and the KDF is for them for season 7 to start doing a thing in one game I played in the past that was faction based where your individual characters can join an organization within a faction. For example your Fed players could join a Certain Tactical Wing/Starbase, Section 31, Soong Foundation, Daystrom Institute, etc. For the KDF it could be Yan Isleth, KDF Intelligence, or a Specific House. As each would have their own dailies that they can put things in that coordinate to each organization and not to each faction which would be more sound than making an all out federation based mission and removing federation and typing in Klingon empire like they do now LOL.

For a lot of things like your a pve'r or pvp'r or both would be a good way to distinquish this based on your organization. Then having random dailies like it does for the one on starbases currently more than likely they can tie these in with the foundry patrol things they plan on coming up with and polishing them up with the tools they have that we don't have and putting in those rewards.

Just my thoughts on it because KDF does need a lot of stuff but we wanna keep integrity of the game up so they are both brought up to par with each other because IMO neither faction is where it should be currently for me to enjoy playing both.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Sry i over do it a little.... But they would never say it directly, they only make moves toward it. Speaking of the possebility of takeing out pvp because its not in a good shape and it would not realy change something on the playerbase is one of many steps.
    KDF are pvp oriented from the beginning and if they realy take pvp out in any future, thats would realy hurt KDF.
    Or the Point with the Fleetships and no Discount option for Klings or .... like i sayed "Klingon History"
    Too many steps vs Klingons for my taste.

No need to apoligize. I am overly sensitive where the KDF is concerned.
    The KDF has suffered in the past from bad timing, poor allocation of resources, lack of resources and revenue neccassities needed to grow STO in general. All of this led to the KDF being in poor shape. That poor shape led to a lackluster playerbase amount.
    KDF suffered from being the easy choice to sacrifice for the best intentions of the game.

Now that STO is showing growth and Cryptic is enjoying the benefits of it, they can do more to grow the KDF.

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    hawks3052 wrote: »
    I'll still be there to let the Devs know Roach :)

Qa'pla! Keep up the good fight!!

R.I.P
  • Options
    hawks3052hawks3052 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Indeed. I'm arming my next KDF toon for Endlevel.
  • Options
    enemyoffateenemyoffate Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Agreed, i haven't even thought about KDF because of the lack of content. :eek:
    Plato Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
    Plato
  • Options
    hpcapulethpcapulet Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Agreed 99.9% Graphics are no better fed side, just more variety.:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heir to the high pony of holier than thou, Guardian of the Sacred Mallet of Thwarting, and giver of Baptismal raspberries since 02/02/2010
  • Options
    jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I vote with my time and my wallet.

I exclusively play my KDF characters, I manage my KDF Fleet Holdings, and I buy the KDF C-store items (few though they may be). I am a redsider, not a Klingon. A gamer, not a Trekkie or Trekker. Were this SWToR, I would be Sith, were it WoW, Horde. APB, Enforcer (they got their factions backwards there, really. Crims arent the red they should be) This game's lack of fair and balanced content has pushed away many of my fleet, my guildmates, to go on to or back to other games they can play redside without penalty. If there was more, I would buy more, I would play more.

IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME (back).

A poll at a Con has nothing to do with the popularity of your factions. The lack of fair and balanced content is the problem. The team is the problem, not the players. Look to any 2-faction game Cryptic has not been involved in, and see there is a fairly balanced population, even more redsiders in some games (when looking exclusively at PvP gamers). There are FAR more than 16% Sith in SWToR, more than Republic in the PvP numbers released. And that is a faction from an existing IP I'm quite certian would test low at Cons.
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Rumor has it that the Devs themselves wish the KDF players to up the pressure to have more KDF material added to bring the faction up to a better level of gameplay so that the powers that be (PWE?) know that we as fans are not just blowing hot air but wish to see more in STO.

R.I.P
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Rumor has it that the Devs themselves wish the KDF players to up the pressure to have more KDF material added to bring the faction up to a better level of gameplay so that the powers that be (PWE?) know that we as fans are not just blowing hot air but wish to see more in STO.

We can start by showing up IN FORCE Wednesday for the KDF event. Tell your friends, BE THERE !!
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    We can start by showing up IN FORCE Wednesday for the KDF event. Tell your friends, BE THERE !!

I would love to but can only be there in spirit as I'll be 5 miles up and flying to Montana on that day and then to British Columbia, for vacation with the Wifey. :(

I always miss the fun events.:(:(

Kill something for me. :D

R.I.P
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I would love to but can only be there in spirit as I'll be 5 miles up and flying to Montana on that day and then to British Columbia, for vacation with the Wifey. :(

I always miss the fun events.:(:(

Kill something for me. :D

Will do, have a good trip.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sadly, I'll be working after I'm done working like some kind of deranged "Pimp my Job" thing. On the up side, more monies for KDF C-Store ships... if there were any more. ;)
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • Options
    lostmoonylostmoony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i vote for fleet karfi whats the most unique ship in kdf and still not understand why not was include from the first day.;)
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Just a note to say I've edited the first post and thread title slightly, petitions are against the forum rules, however as the thread contains a lot of useful feedback we'd rather leave it in place - please continue to post in it but there's really no need for it to be a petition as such :)

I've added this note to the first post for clarity.
This discussion has been closed.