test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kicking Players From STF's

jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
Ticket Number: 1,361,735

I was in KASE with a team, I was the team leader, but I couldn't kick a player (named in the actual ticket), that died almost instantly and didn't respawn until the instance was practically over to collect their loot. How is this a fair system when players can do this and shaft a team but still get rewarded? This needs to be fixed and immediately! :mad:

Edit: A simple vote kick player option would solve this to my satisfaction.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This has been brought up many times before. It is a very bad idea. I would most definately be abused so no no and no.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The vote kick options has received a lukewarm reception though....

I;ve seen quite a few players who TRIBBLE up a STF. The problem then though is if the problem is one of communication, or something like me and not being able to see zone chat, lag, etc.
  • Options
    worilworil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    A vote kick system will probably be abused. Making sure that you are not placed into the same STF with peoples on your ignore list would be a better solution in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    woril wrote: »
    Making sure that you are not placed into the same STF with peoples on your ignore list would be a better solution in my opinion.

I like the ignore list idea. Although if I spend much more time at DS9, at some point I'd end up having to do STF's by myself.
    edited July 2012
    Losing the will to live when "Kick" threads rear their ugly head ;)
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    was it a pug group or a private stf?

if pug - then your answer is another 3 letter abbreviation common on forums the world over, that rhymes with wet toe duck. why should you decided to kick someone who has queued in the public system. He/she may have been a lazy so and so who was just leeching, or they may have lagged so badly they could do nothing but sit there.

If you want to control what happens in your stf, form your own team and create a private stf. simples.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not all PuGs are horrible to play with. I doubt this was lag related either. The player charged the Tac Cube, died, and never respawned until Donatra was almost dead. That leaves 4 other players to carry the run. Players should not be rewarded for not doing much of anything in an STF.

The ignore system sounds like a decent idea also but I fail to see how that would help in an instance you're in with that person for hte first time. 4 decent players to vote kicking a player that isn't even spawned should be an option.
  • Options
    paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    if a proper kick system was created then it would no tbe abused. players who habitually kick other players would be on a cooldown and players who got kicked would not have a reentry cooldown. players who are on your ignore list would not be teamed with you. that means if somebody says a word you dont like in zone chat or disagrees with you then either grow up and deal with it or turn off zone chat. It is not a symbol of honor and pride to have a huge ignore list.

as to if somebody is performing badly it does not matter the reason. if somebody is generally a bad player or a troll or griefer are they to be kicked for not contributing to the group or making things harder. with the fleet based content coming in season 6 join a fleet and ask for help. or do your own research online. if somebody enters a stf and has a bad connection and lags out and likewise does not contribute should they be excused. you should know if you have a bad connection and if you enter a stf knowing you will lag out and cause the group to have to work harder then you also are a troll and a griefer sorry its the truth. either get a better connection or just stick to scanning things.

if you are a single mom who is home with a sick kid, im sorry thats no excuse for sitting there either. tend to your sick child and do not play sto. people use that excuse all the time thinking it will earn sympathy well it doesnt it says you are a pretty sorry parent to put an online game as higher priority than your sick child. if you get a phone call, or your grandma is calling down to the basement that she has your happy meal, or the dog just puked all over the rug have the courtesy to say something to the group. If you are likely to encounter one of those situations do not volunteer for probe duty in KASE or kang duty in CSE. And if you do miss more than half the event have the honor and decency to pass on the loot rolls if your team gets the optional because they sure as hell earned it a lot more than you did.

In summary i would love a kick system it would put an end to many of these issues because people who are trolls and griefers would have a hard time finding groups except with other trolls and the borg would just self destruct from having to listen to these jerks in rainbow boats calling each other noobs.
  • Options
    worilworil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    paulyman wrote: »
    if a proper kick system was created then it would no tbe abused. players who habitually kick other players would be on a cooldown and players who got kicked would not have a reentry cooldown.
    [...]
    A "not abusable kick system" implemented in which existing MMO exactly? You will be the first to complain about being kicked at the end of an encounter, because others have decided to improver their chances for getting some particular reward, trust me. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mjaymor78mjaymor78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What needs to happen is after your respawn timer is up and you don't push the respawn in like 5-10 seconds it will auto respawns you, then if the user does not move or get with in some range of the team that user will die again. Basically said user will either have a long cooldown where they won't have time to get to the reward or they will stay with the team.

This is not a fix to the users who are just there to get their reward and don't help get them, because every once and a while I get a user that just follows the team and does nothing, does shot or help the team in anyway.

Mind you I am only talking about ground STFs and don't know if this will work on Space STFs seeing how I don't do them.

Any kicking system will be abused period.