test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I'll need an hour just to make sure we are set up audio-wise. I want all five of us to be able to talk. Basically, I'll host while the other two watchers provide color commentary. You and your partner will provide info when asked. If the maintenance was any other night...
    no microphone, so no commentary from me
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I'll need an hour just to make sure we are set up audio-wise. I want all five of us to be able to talk. Basically, I'll host while the other two watchers provide color commentary. You and your partner will provide info when asked. If the maintenance was any other night...

Right now my brother's using my microphone, so I wouldn't be able to talk. Why oh why did they have to do maintenance on a Saturday night, of all times?
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I blame Kurland. I always blame Kurland. Worst DS9 Commander Ever.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well done cats on the transwarp.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited May 2013
    Well, Kess and I officially decided that HSE has been cancelled for tonight on the account of rain... made by the devs. We'll have to try again whenever Bob is available. :(

I'm going to go kick a tribble.
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no microphone, so no commentary from me
    voporak wrote: »
    Right now my brother's using my microphone, so I wouldn't be able to talk. Why oh why did they have to do maintenance on a Saturday night, of all times?

Well, I'd have to make sure you could hear me, anyway.

Granted, I'd rather the server glitch now rather than May 21, but the timing could have been better. You know there is an issue if Cryptic is taking the server down on a Saturday evening.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited May 2013
    Well, I'd have to make sure you could hear me, anyway.
    hearing is no problem, and i can always acknowledge in team that i can hear you, but what are you going to be using? if it's a program i don't have, i'll need to get it installed and set up before the run
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    edited May 2013
    hearing is no problem, and i can always acknowledge in team that i can hear you, but what are you going to be using? if it's a program i don't have, i'll need to get it installed and set up before the run

I'll be recording the event with FRAPS and intend to use the in-game voice chat. Last time, however, it didn't work. So I'd need some time to figure out which setting I screwed up.
    edited May 2013
    I'll be recording the event with FRAPS and intend to use the in-game voice chat. Last time, however, it didn't work. So I'd need some time to figure out which setting I screwed up.
    oh, i have that disabled because the thing is bugged; channels for teams keep popping up and not clearing, shrinking my chat window with each new team i enter until i log out

i'll have to remember to turn it back on

#LegalizeAwoo

• lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just found my microphone, so hopefully I will have my chat settings figured out soon.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone use another voice-chat program? FRAPS will pick it up regardless.
    Hey Bob do you play with mods on Minecraft? If so you must download the Lion King mod. It even has Minecraft versions of most of the songs. Circle of Life, Can't wait to be King, Hakuna Matata, Can you feel the love tonight, and Be Prepared. The best version for Minecraft is probably Can you feel the love tonight. The melody of it just matches the Minecraft Pride Lands perfectly.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    edited May 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Hey Bob do you play with mods on Minecraft? If so you must download the Lion King mod. It even has Minecraft versions of most of the songs. Circle of Life, Can't wait to be King, Hakuna Matata, Can you feel the love tonight, and Be Prepared. The best version for Minecraft is probably Can you feel the love tonight. The melody of it just matches the Minecraft Pride Lands perfectly.

I haven't messed with many mods beyond texture packs. Linky.
    I haven't messed with many mods beyond texture packs. Linky.

Oh I forgot to ask. What version of Minecraft are you on? Because if you're on the new 1.52 the mod hasn't been updated to that yet. It's only up to 1.51.
    edited May 2013

I have skype.
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    edited May 2013
    Oh I forgot to ask. What version of Minecraft are you on? Because if you're on the new 1.52 the mod hasn't been updated to that yet. It's only up to 1.51.

You are about 30 minutes too late. Just updated to 1.5.2.
    I have skype.

Skype is too resource heavy.
    You are about 30 minutes too late. Just updated to 1.5.2.

I'll keep an eye on the place I get mods from and will alert you when it's updated.
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was completely unaware of a desire for voice chat, and I absolutely do not use voice chat in any games. I was only an emergency spectator hologram though, and considering schedule factors as well, I'm willing to let go of my position on the reserve list.

But best of luck on next attempt! Jolan tru =^.^=!
    edited May 2013
    I was completely unaware of a desire for voice chat, and I absolutely do not use voice chat in any games. I was only an emergency spectator hologram though, and considering schedule factors as well, I'm willing to let go of my position on the reserve list.

But best of luck on next attempt! Jolan tru =^.^=!

Finally someone else who doesn't use voice. I don't feel alone now.
    edited May 2013

Well, it's hard to do a youtube series without voice. ;)

Knowing you I can imagine why, and I don't blame you! Although I have no phobia of speaking to anyone, I am just hopelessly old fashioned and either like to write or speak to someone in person. Otherwise it's weird to me. Plus, my home environment isn't too accommodating for it either.

Heck, I can barely even think fast enough for regular text chat, I prefer when I have several hours to write a few paragraphs and gather my thoughts :D !
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know how that is. My own brain does not work fast enough to keep up with normal in-game chat. And I type even slower. The only reason I use Ventrilo is because my Caitians are all in Nova Fleet, and they use Ventrilo to communicate. But I have found that it is quite more efficient. With text only, I have to stop what I am doing, read, type a response, all the while letting the Borg kill me. With a voice chat, I can simply hold Tab to activate the microphone, and talk while I keep shooting.
    Only Ventrilo and STO in-game.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    I know how that is. My own brain does not work fast enough to keep up with normal in-game chat. And I type even slower. The only reason I use Ventrilo is because my Caitians are all in Nova Fleet, and they use Ventrilo to communicate. But I have found that it is quite more efficient. With text only, I have to stop what I am doing, read, type a response, all the while letting the Borg kill me. With a voice chat, I can simply hold Tab to activate the microphone, and talk while I keep shooting.

New pic :D

Also, I tend to not use voice chat for two reasons.
    1. Through any kind of tech I sound like a drug addict with a cold.
    2. The only kind of mic I have is my webcam, and I'm not sure how to use it as a mic :confused:
    edited May 2013
    loukoc wrote: »
    The only kind of mic I have is my webcam, and I'm not sure how to use it as a mic :confused:
    i don't think you can

#LegalizeAwoo

• flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What Tiers are you guys at?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
    edited May 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    What Tiers are you guys at?

T4 starbase and all facilities, and the T4 transwarp conduit project will complete in about nine days.
    edited May 2013
    That's cool. How many members do you have?
    edited May 2013
    That's cool. How many members do you have?

Last I checked close to 200 maybe? Not sure how many of those are active or alts.

We're all in our own private channel used to communicate when not on a fleet character.

EDIT: We're at 222.
    edited May 2013
    I'm in a KDF Fleet now, think there are over 250 members in it, but all the high ranking guys seem to set the projects up so they can fill in the expertize, fleet marks and duty officers (esp Science) leaving everyone else to spend money on provisions, or to use up our dilithium.

Obviously, I am playing a Ferasan, I wanted to play Tactical with KDF, though the Klingon traits didn't seem to do me justice (this was before news of the trait system revamp was coming), typical. I know of this fleet (other than having it seen in banners here) via a Master Lindale who has pestered a number of gamers over on the GameFront forums to join the Shadow Force.

I've been considering jumping ship. I'm only at level 44 right now, and have 44k(ish) fleet credits to my name. Hoping to get the Fleet B'rel once it's unlocked (tactical ships are nice, but I play better with the Bird of Prey Universal loadout). What's the ranking structure? Could anyone tell me? The current fleet I'm in, as soon as you've been a member for 48hrs, you've got fleet store access (though they're hardly suffering from provisions).
    edited May 2013
    I'm in a KDF Fleet now, think there are over 250 members in it, but all the high ranking guys seem to set the projects up so they can fill in the expertize, fleet marks and duty officers (esp Science) leaving everyone else to spend money on provisions, or to use up our dilithium.

Obviously, I am playing a Ferasan, I wanted to play Tactical with KDF, though the Klingon traits didn't seem to do me justice (this was before news of the trait system revamp was coming), typical. I know of this fleet (other than having it seen in banners here) via a Master Lindale who has pestered a number of gamers over on the GameFront forums to join the Shadow Force.

I've been considering jumping ship. I'm only at level 44 right now, and have 44k(ish) fleet credits to my name. Hoping to get the Fleet B'rel once it's unlocked (tactical ships are nice, but I play better with the Bird of Prey Universal loadout). What's the ranking structure? Could anyone tell me? The current fleet I'm in, as soon as you've been a member for 48hrs, you've got fleet store access (though they're hardly suffering from provisions).

We are undergoing a massive rank restructuring right now but it is set up to where only The Officers have access to Fleet Stores. Though we welcome all Ferasans to join our fleet. And we do joke about the Non-FSF kitties.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!