Options

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    Yeah, what's up with that anyways?

I don't think they are on the same exact servers. I would imagine all of their game servers are in the same location and a switch broke. That's why all three Cryptic games went down.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited May 2013
    I don't think they are on the same exact servers. I would imagine all of their game servers are in the same location and a switch broke. That's why all three Cryptic games went down.

Ah, well that makes more sense. From what I've heard only the chat engine on STO and Neverwinter shares resources, probably the reason why people that are on NW can comunicate through the chat with us while we play STO.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Entirely filled slot 2 and 3 with doffs, and most of the security ones, burnt through about 300k FC, but found my other ferasan also had 300k FC to burn too! So next round I can dump all that in! So save your FC's till I run out =^.^=!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Entirely filled slot 2 and 3 with doffs, and most of the security ones, burnt through about 300k FC, but found my other ferasan also had 300k FC to burn too! So next round I can dump all that in! So save your FC's till I run out =^.^=!

Thank you so much.

I must win this statue!!!
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/90/7e/907ea62a2ff0f3f62db8d9f5239b38e11367605610.jpg
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why don't STO Gorn have tails? o.O
    i saw that last night while i was browsing the forums waiting for the game to come back up...doesn't really affect me, because i only use the foundry for loot farming now, and i can get my cap with one mission
    I find this ridiculous. I liked when the rewards scaled with mission length. With that system, the 2-3 hour roleplay missions actually became worth doing for once (:rolleyes:).
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    I find this ridiculous. I liked when the rewards scaled with mission length. With that system, the 2-3 hour roleplay missions actually became worth doing for once (:rolleyes:).
    well, the rewards still scale with mission length, but people were exploiting that scalability by creating tons of clickie missions that basically allowed you to go AFK and come back 20 minutes later to collect on all those missions, allowing someone doing that for a few hours to basically max out that character's dilithium ore limit...which is why cryptic put in the stopgap, and also partially why dil prices have been rising so much so quickly lately
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They are going to do that anyway no matter what Cryptic does. Does anyone remember the one-click completes missions ("SF Academy Broken Console," or "Insult The Prophets")? You can change it all you want, but no matter what the parameters get changed to, authors will just find a new way to exploit it, or bring back old exploits if they of any are relevancy. The only way to eliminate this is to get rid of Foundry entirely, which will never happen, nor would I wish it to. So, the best thing to do is just leave the rewards set to scale with time, or bring back one-clicks, and leave it that way.

tl;dr version: People are going to exploit no matter what the parameters, so Cryptic just needs to get used to it.

Also, I don't believe this had anything to do with Zen prices. The reason for the rise in Dilithium Exchange prices is because of the rush to amass as much Zen as you can so you can buy all the new Romulan ships when LoR comes out. A month after LoR comes out, the new will wear away, and Dilithium Exchange will fall again.

In any case, here are my thoughts on the matter.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    the upcoming romulan content was part of it, as was the CE event, but most of it was because thousands of people were hitting their character's MAXIMUM ore capacity in just a few hours...that means they had their day's refinement for the next several years; no more need to buy zen for dil for those players, and in fact they were flooding the market with all of that excess...throw that on top of the CE event, and suddenly dilithium becomes a nearly worthless resource again

of course, now that cryptic has banned most if not all of those exploiters, the market should start slowly dropping again, then drop sharply a few weeks after LoR
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [...]or Bring Back Old Exploits If They Of Any Are Relevancy.

Bad Suroo! It's Relevant!
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ah, spring, wonderful spring...warm days, clear skies, giant swarms of annoying, biting insects...and it's just gnats right now - the mosquitoes haven't shown up yet

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Congrats and thank you to all the Shadowcats & friends that joined up for my spontaneous (three hour long) run of the classic six STFs on elite, in order. I am now up to 299 successful STFs, once HSE is two-manned I will get the Medal of Honor.

Speaking of that, the two-man HSE is tomorrow (might be today for some of you). The spectator reservation list is closed and I'm not accepting any more. The STF will be filmed by Bob, while Kess and I spend likely 1-2 hours in a Jem'hadar dreadnought carrier shootout of epic proportions! :eek:
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    Congrats and thank you to all the Shadowcats & friends that joined up for my spontaneous (three hour long) run of the classic six STFs on elite, in order. I am now up to 299 successful STFs, once HSE is two-manned I will get the Medal of Honor.

Speaking of that, the two-man HSE is tomorrow (might be today for some of you). The spectator reservation list is closed and I'm not accepting any more. The STF will be filmed by Bob, while Kess and I spend likely 1-2 hours in a Jem'hadar dreadnought carrier shootout of epic proportions! :eek:

I look forward to it. I plan on two videos:
    1. Play-by-play
    2. Music Video

Part of my STF fun tonight was me testing camera angles.
    edited May 2013
    2 hours watching HSE 2-man! It's official! We have no lives! :D
  • Options
    tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2 hours watching HSE 2-man! It's official! We have no lives! :D

What is a lives?
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    STO is down again. Seriously, Cryptic, GET NEVERWINTER OFF OUR STO SERVERS! :mad:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    STO is down again. Seriously, Cryptic, GET NEVERWINTER OFF OUR STO SERVERS! :mad:

Sheesh, it had better stay up tonight.
  • Options
    loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is a lives?

It's an urban legend about people communicating and having fun without a keyboard and a screen.

Good luck with that HSE!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    loukoc wrote: »
    It's an urban legend about people communicating and having fun without a keyboard and a screen.

Good luck with that HSE!

It's real. I've seen it in the Pride Lands.
  • Options
    loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    It's real. I've seen it in the Pride Lands.

Lies! Heresy! *starts a gigantic fire* Burn Wizard!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    *Rainstorm appears*
    *Stands on top of Pride Rock and shouts*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXW02XmBGQw
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I feelz so sleepy today. Halp meh.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I feelz so sleepy today. Halp meh.
    *rubs a sleepy lindale belly*

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Server being shut down for fixin' at 7PM CDT US. So, I guess I'll get on for the two-man after it is up.
    edited May 2013
    Server being shut down for fixin' at 7PM CDT US. So, I guess I'll get on for the two-man after it is up.

Thing is, they didn't say how long it's going down for.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    NEWS: maintenance pushed back til 8 pm Pacific, 11 PM EST. It'll last four hours, so if we're going to do this we gotta get it started ASAP.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    NEWS: maintenance pushed back til 8 pm Pacific, 11 PM EST. It'll last four hours, so if we're going to do this we gotta get it started ASAP.

Then we may want to push it back. I don't want to rush it and It'll be another two hours before I can get on (family obligation).
    edited May 2013
    Hm, we'll wait as long as we can for you. I think we'll be able to do it in less than two hours, but obviously life isn't exact, so if you don't get on in time, that's that.

EDIT: For some reason or another, a math fail on my part or a incorrect post time on the forums led me to believe that you might get back on about two hours before the maintenance. Once the real time of posting was figured out, apparently we'll have maybe an hour. I doubt that's enough time to do HSE. We'll have to see as we go along.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hm, we'll wait as long as we can for you. I think we'll be able to do it in less than two hours, but obviously life isn't exact, so if you don't get on in time, that's that.

EDIT: For some reason or another, a math fail on my part or a incorrect post time on the forums led me to believe that you might get back on about two hours before the maintenance. Once the real time of posting was figured out, apparently we'll have maybe an hour. I doubt that's enough time to do HSE. We'll have to see as we go along.

Well, I'll need an hour just to make sure we are set up audio-wise. I want all five of us to be able to talk. Basically, I'll host while the other two watchers provide color commentary. You and your partner will provide info when asked. If the maintenance was any other night...
    edited May 2013
    In other news.......T4 Transwarp Gateway is done in 10 Days.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!