Comments

• sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    Teh 1st is bac thats realy coole

:rolleyes:

The* back* ,* that's* really* cool* .*
    What the bloody hell did that post say? :eek:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    What the bloody hell did that post say? :eek:

What he said.
    The 1st is back, that's cool.
    What he really meant.
    Oh my gosh 1st is back, now I can annoy him with typos.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1st was gone?
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    1st was gone?

Indeed he was.
    1st was gone?

Someone hasn't been paying attention... :p
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    edited February 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Someone hasn't been paying attention... :p

I think you mistake a lack of paying attention with my lack of caring. ;)

It's understandable, they look the same. :D
    I think you mistake a lack of paying attention with my lack of caring. ;)

It's understandable, they look the same. :D

When you stop caring about your EC and dilithium, can I have them :D?
    edited February 2013
    When you stop caring about your EC and dilithium, can I have them :D?

Don't hold your breath.
    The PVPers nerfed our tactical cats. No more pounce and lunge combos in STFs.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The PVPers nerfed our tactical cats. No more pounce and lunge combos in STFs.

I'm telling you, they're going to end up nerfing themselves to death.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited February 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    I'm telling you, they're going to end up nerfing themselves to death.

Look what's happening though, another thing that's tac being buffed. Another non-tac thing being nerfed. Happens everytime.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Cryptic! Quit listening to PvPers! If these peope would ever stop figting each other, and take these powerful weapons into STFs, they would be GLAD to have them! :mad:

And so us pure STFers get punished even though we never complained, because those powerful weapons actually HELPED us! :mad:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
    edited February 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Cryptic! Quit listening to PvPers! If these peope would ever stop figting each other, and take these powerful weapons into STFs, they would be GLAD to have them! :mad:

And so us pure STFers get punished even though we never complained, because those powerful weapons actually HELPED us! :mad:

Check out the PVP section and you'll see tons of threads asking for nerfs on power drain builds, siphon drones, danubes, ETC.
    edited February 2013
    I asked Branflakes on twitter to comment about it.

He said to kill it in the tribble feedback thread.
    I asked Branflakes on twitter to comment about it.

He said to kill it in the tribble feedback thread.

They won't reverse it. The PVPers always get their way.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They won't reverse it. The PVPers always get their way.

you have to wonder why, though, since they're such a minority

i think someone once mentioned that less than 2% of the game's population do any serious PvP, and at 2 million players as of the 3rd anniversary (as if i would ever believe that number), that's less than 20,000 people
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited February 2013
    you have to wonder why, though, since they're such a minority

i think someone once mentioned that less than 2% of the game's population do any serious PvP, and at 2 million players as of the 3rd anniversary (as if i would ever believe that number), that's less than 20,000 people

Because they constantly beg for nerfs since they can't find a way to beat a pounce cat.
    If they die one time from something it must be nerfed.
    edited February 2013
    Because they constantly beg for nerfs since they can't find a way to beat a pounce cat.
    If they die one time from something it must be nerfed.

let them beg; the devs should be listening to the majority, not the minority...actually, they should only be listening to the people who test stuff on tribble, because the few people who bother to do testing there generally aren't whiny little brats who insist on having their favorite thing buffed to invincibility while everything else is neutered into uselessness
    jcsww wrote: »
    There's an incoming nerf to your entire fleet! :(

if you mean the pounce thing, they're way ahead of you
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    edited February 2013
    It isn't that big of a deal. Everyone that ever brought up the fact that Pounce and Lunge didn't share a cooldown said it needed to (including me) until now. If everyone that brings up a certain subject says it should be changed due to whatever reason, there's a fair chance it will be changed.

However, on my Tactical Ferasan I never use those abilities back to back anyway since they're used for exploiting. My target rarely becomes exposed again within 5 seconds for me to go "oh, it sure is a good thing this doesn't have a 6 second cooldown."

In other terms, identical abilites that are more powerful than primary gun fire are never used back-to-back in under two seconds like Pounce and Lunge. You don't get to shoot secondary fire of a regular weapon two times in a row.

Assuming that the ability is very powerful, it's still also fine for STFs. They aren't supposed to be about going around and pwning everything, otherwise no one would like them, except maybe Suroo.

To recap, it's a good change for both PvE and PvP in my opinion and in many others' opinion. If you don't like it, I'm sorry. It's impossible for everyone to like whatever they do with this.

Edit:
    jcsww wrote: »
    There's an incoming nerf to your entire fleet! :(

Some of us went with Engineers (me) or Science as their main Ferasan, so those of us that did are totally unneffected.
    I've heard this idea that it would effect very few people and even then, using the exploit was difficult because you can't really get in the position where you could do it twice.

So, if it was something very few people did and it was difficult to do anyway, then why change it?

Seriously, this is like building a large space station with an exhaust at the end of a large canyon with multiple guns and being worried someone will shoot a missile into it... um, okay, bad example.
    In other news, I have a new desktop image.
    My Tac Ferasan/Caitian don't have Pounce as I really didn't care for it. But I do use Lunge, which makes for funny instances with Cutting the Cord where I literally RUN INTO THE AIR and drop kick the -redacted- out of the Scorpion Fighter.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
    edited February 2013
    1st, it's not so much about the change itself, as it's about the PVPers always getting what they want.
    Better watch out, they'll want to nerf your ground mine kit soon.
    edited February 2013
    Seriously, this is like building a large space station with an exhaust at the end of a large canyon with multiple guns and being worried someone will shoot a missile into it... um, okay, bad example.

point of clarification: it was a torpedo, not a missile :P

#LegalizeAwoo

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1st, it's not so much about the change itself, as it's about the PVPers always getting what they want.
    Better watch out, they'll want to nerf your ground mine kit soon.

That is my thought on it. Yes, my Ferasan is a Tac and I do have Pounce but I don't PvP. It sure did help in ground STF's though. I can think of a lot of things that need fixing that should be priorities instead of catering to a specific group that happen to have a direct connection to a Dev.
    edited February 2013
    I don't mind PvPers getting things nerfed because 99% of the time they have a legitimate point, and PvP is part of the game. If they nerfed/buffed everything in favor of PvP, you could still get by in PvE, because PvE isn't difficult outside of NWS. If everything was nerfed/buffed in favor of PvE, PvP wouldn't exist.

The point seems to be that you don't like things being changed due to PvPers, but I support PvPers getting stuff changed. It hasn't yet actually hurt PvE and it helps PvP. When PvE gets difficult, the changes will bother me. As of now, it doesn't.
    sirepical wrote: »
    I don't mind PvPers getting things nerfed because 99% of the time they have a legitimate point, and PvP is part of the game. If they nerfed/buffed everything in favor of PvP, you could still get by in PvE, because PvE isn't difficult outside of NWS. If everything was nerfed/buffed in favor of PvE, PvP wouldn't exist.

The point seems to be that you don't like things being changed due to PvPers, but I support PvPers getting stuff changed. It hasn't yet actually hurt PvE and it helps PvP. When PvE gets difficult, the changes will bother me. As of now, it doesn't.
    I don't like things that aren't game breaking getting nerfed by the PVPers.
    edited February 2013
    I don't like things that aren't game breaking getting nerfed by the PVPers.

That's what I had concluded. It's nearly impossible for everyone to like every patch, unfortunatly.