Options

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• Options
    tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    They can buy if the stores are open.

Our stores are only open to Elites, not to everyone.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sorry for the double post.
    Are we allowed to invite friends to the Embassy and base to buy from fleet stores? I ask because I don't want to be upsetting anyone if we're not. And if so, do we let them buy for free or do we want to charge things like EC prices?

No. For three reasons:
    1. We are not 7/11
    2. We did the work. If they want access to the store, roll a Ferasan, join the fleet, and contribute.
    3. I don't think it is allowed anyway.
    My two slips. Alecto can confirm these feelings if he wishes.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited February 2013
    Well a good friend of mine bought 1 boff on 2 toons from the Embassy earlier o.o.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Well a good friend of mine bought 1 boff on 2 toons from the Embassy earlier o.o.

Well, keep people away from our provisions. Those are hard to come by.

This is an issue the Masters will need to discuss. We certainly don't want to be dismissive of anyone, but the limitations of our fleet were set up specifically to prevent new players from draining our bank account.

Until then, if you want to invite people to buy things using their own supplies, go ahead. But be sure to charge and collect a confiscatory admissions fee (like if one project needs 200 Warp Coils... make them cover it).
    edited February 2013
    Well, keep people away from our provisions. Those are hard to come by.

This is an issue the Masters will need to discuss. We certainly don't want to be dismissive of anyone, but the limitations of our fleet were set up specifically to prevent new players from draining our bank account.

Until then, if you want to invite people to buy things using their own supplies, go ahead. But be sure to charge and collect a confiscatory admissions fee (like if one project needs 200 Warp Coils... make them cover it).

Alright.
    10char
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

As long as you only invite them to the starbase/embassy map, provisions will be taken from their fleet, not from ours. The only item they can't buy are ships, but you can invite people so that they use our facilities level with their own provisions. I would encourage such a policy since it never hurts to help others. :P
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    As long as you only invite them to the starbase/embassy map, provisions will be taken from their fleet, not from ours. The only item they can't buy are ships, but you can invite people so that they use our facilities level with their own provisions. I would encourage such a policy since it never hurts to help others. :P

what happens if the person invited to the starbase/embassy map is fleetless? where do the provisions get removed from then?
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    what happens if the person invited to the starbase/embassy map is fleetless? where do the provisions get removed from then?

If someone has not fleet then they should not be able to buy anything that requires provisions.

they can probably still buy the boffs and doffs as they dont require actual provisioning although ive not tested it, but they do need fleet credits (which you need to be in a fleet at some point to get)
  • Options
    synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    First of all I'd like to ask that either another Shadowcat Master take over updating the google docs roster or that a lower ranked Shadowcat ask to assist, because I'm going to be taking a short break from STO and will be playing DayZ for a while with my local friend.
    Alecto can confirm these feelings if he wishes.

@Valen (Shadowcat Master) has prevously asked if he can invite people to the fleet to use the fleet stores but chanrge them, for exaple if they want to purchase a fleet ship, then sure but they pay us a few million EC.

Otherwise the answer is no, each player is expected to work for it, unless they can afford to just go ahead and give us a few million EC for a quicker option.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    If someone has not fleet then they should not be able to buy anything that requires provisions.

they can probably still buy the boffs and doffs as they dont require actual provisioning although ive not tested it, but they do need fleet credits (which you need to be in a fleet at some point to get)

'should not', meaning...you don't actually know for certain?

seems like a good opportunity for experimentation; find someone who has some fleet credits stocked up, yet is currently fleetless, then invite him to your starbase/embassy and have him report what is and isn't buyable, and if items that require any kind of provision are in fact buyable, see if it takes from your supply

you could then publish the results from that for other fleets to use, make some nice PR for yourselves ;)
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kalecto wrote: »
    First of all I'd like to ask that either another Shadowcat Master take over updating the google docs roster or that a lower ranked Shadowcat ask to assist, because I'm going to be taking a short break from STO and will be playing DayZ for a while with my local friend.

@Valen (Shadowcat Master) has prevously asked if he can invite people to the fleet to use the fleet stores but chanrge them, for exaple if they want to purchase a fleet ship, then sure but they pay us a few million EC.

Otherwise the answer is no, each player is expected to work for it, unless they can afford to just go ahead and give us a few million EC for a quicker option.

Thanks for clearing it up.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    'should not', meaning...you don't actually know for certain?

i know that is how the system works but i put 'should' as there are always bugs and exploits stopping things from working as designed.

to buy something you need access to a fleets provisions, and the necessary tick in the box for your rank on the privilege screen. as you have no fleet or rank it, it should (baring a bug) not work but i have not tested it so i cant account for any bugs or errors in the system.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I went to college scholarship interviews today. Found out that if I am accepted into one program, I may be able to study abroad and go on a trip to Africa! :D.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I went to college scholarship interviews today. Found out that if I am accepted into one program, I may be able to study abroad and go on a trip to Africa! :D.

great, then you can get eaten by hungry lions...or cheetahs...or hyenas :P

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited February 2013
    great, then you can get eaten by hungry lions...or cheetahs...or hyenas :P

The Cheetahs use the trucks for vantage points.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

It's always great to get a different view of the world. After trips to Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkey, Kuwait, and Iraq, I've realized that most "First World" citizens have no idea what poverty truly is.

Getting a view of other nations makes you really appreciate your own.

Have fun and good luck!
    edited February 2013
    It's always great to get a different view of the world. After trips to Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkey, Kuwait, and Iraq, I've realized that most "First World" citizens have no idea what poverty truly is.

Getting a view of other nations makes you really appreciate your own.

Have fun and good luck!

Got to wait 2 years though hehe.
    Nobody understands truly what the state of the world is. If they did the U.S wouldn't be in its own current state. At least I hope it wouldn't..
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Africa? No no. Come to Europe if you can.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Africa? No no. Come to Europe if you can.

No no. I want to study the big cats. Africa is my dream destination. Unless you get me a free night to see the Tower in Paris lol.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Paris.

This is where i live. Nights might be free but transport isn't, is it?

If you ever go there, seeing drunk beggars near touristic places is also completely free of charge! :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    If you ever go there, seeing drunk beggars near touristic places is also completely free of charge! :D

yeah, but you can see that in any part of the world, also free of charge :P

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Enjoyed the RP session Voporak. Looking forward to continuing it next time :).
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Enjoyed the RP session Voporak. Looking forward to continuing it next time :).

Oh, don't worry about Aero. I made sure that all he remembered was some funny story about a caitian and a ferasan who played in a medow together.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    *wonders why Vop never asked me for help in rescuing Sarabi* :rolleyes:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
  • Options
    edited February 2013

I think he's trying to keep all the glory and credit to himself XD.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited February 2013

*wonders why Suroo wants to help in what's obviously just a caitian and a ferasan playing together in a meadow* :rolleyes:
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Suroo knows there is something more going on than what the locals have been rumouring. Plus, he cares about Sarabi.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Suroo knows there is something more going on than what the locals have been rumouring. Plus, he cares about Sarabi.

Wonders what role the Suroo plays in this conflict,
  • Options
    sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm back.

- Michael Jordan, and The 1st

Time to start correcting typos again!
    edited February 2013
    sirepical wrote: »
    I'm back.

- Michael Jordan, and The 1st

Time to start correcting typos again!