What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think kicking due to inactivity is generally a horribly bad practice in all but the most titanic sized fleets, because you never know when they can decide to come back and wish to continue. Demotion is a better practice rather than risking getting rid of someone who might wish to return. If I had something come up in life and couldn't be on for a while in a fleet I'd find that rather rude to come on and find. I'd just have a special rank for those who are MIA so they can't do anything potentially harmful unless they show activity again or request a re-promotion.

I have to agree with Doc here, I find inactivity kicking a very bad practice unless a fleet is pushing 500 members.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    which mine often is, which is why it and its kdf/rom counterparts have a 30 day inactivity kick policy
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    I have to agree with Doc here, I find inactivity kicking a very bad practice unless a fleet is pushing 500 members.

Exactly, Unless the number is being reached, I wouldn't ever do it, but if the fleet is bursting at the seams, then yes I'd start with the farthest back in terms of activity.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Exactly, Unless the number is being reached, I wouldn't ever do it, but if the fleet is bursting at the seams, then yes I'd start with the farthest back in terms of activity.

As far as I'm aware FSF isn't close to the limit, nor is it growing fast enough to reach it anytime soon.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The total is somewhere around 250 characters, but I know I'm not the only one who has multiple characters in the fleet. For the record, I am not about to go through, and do an actual person count. :rolleyes:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Did you get my email regarding Catstar, Lindaleff?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    At least we're agreeing on something, I could use some agreement of any kind with all the... politics going on in PvP.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    At least we're agreeing on something, I could use some agreement of any kind with all the... politics going on in PvP.

Bunch of butthurt elitests there.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Bunch of butthurt elitests there.

That's understatement. Let me put it bluntly.

What is happening within the (soon to be former) community is the largest fragmentation and open hostility of players among distinct little factions, of all time. Never before has the PvP playerbase split like this, actively tearing apart into basically two sides (despite my best efforts to hold everyone together), which you could probably amusingly call the Voporaks and the Torachs. Now of course, I made VPvP with no imagination anything this utterly catastrophic would result from one person who didn't like the channel.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Did you get my email regarding Catstar, Lindaleff?
    That account is a dummy email I use for STO and DeviantArt, so I never check it unless you let me know you sent something. But yes, I got all 3 messages. What do you want me to do with them?
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Check it out, read over it, and offer feedback.
  • Options
    loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Finally got all ESTF optionals.

Also, NWS is a bish, haven't gotten past Wave 8 >.>

Fek'ihri and Breen are also bishies there.

Everything is a bish in everything.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    loukoc wrote: »
    Finally got all ESTF optionals.

Also, NWS is a bish, haven't gotten past Wave 8 >.>

Fek'ihri and Breen are also bishies there.

Everything is a bish in everything.
    CSV + grav well + aceton assimilator....that's all you need

also, bio-molecular shield generator for dropping on the transport just in case something slips through...even one will keep shields strong under a bio-neural's turret barrage

and you'd better get your accolade soon, because with cryptic making seperate advanced and elite versions and locking it behind elite, guarantee nobody outside the people who already blow tac cubes apart in one shot will be getting it for a while - until general power sprint catches up with the massive HP sacks again
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    That is why I'm racing to get the accolade for the damn thing. Unfortunately, it's impossible to get a team on KDF. Can we organize a team here or something?

LF4M KDF NWS.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    why don't you just join one of the many NWS accolade farming channels floating around?

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Such as? Any suggestions?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    how the hell should i know? i've never done NWS even once

i know they exist, though, because i've seen some people mention them

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I have yet to get past Wave 8.
    Check it out, read over it, and offer feedback.
    As in grammar feedback?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien:_Isolation

I am gonna have to get this.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    lindaleff wrote: »
    I have yet to get past Wave 8.

As in grammar feedback?

You can.

But I think he's jsut wanting feedback about the game's idea in general.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I replied.
    I am gonna have to get this.
    You do realize that is $50, right? $50, for a SINGLE GAME. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I replied.

But it's a good horror game.....You do realize that's what most games cost at launch right?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I replied.

what's your point? all new games are 50$ or higher

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I can get a bundle of Star Wars games for less than $10. And during last year's Steam Halloween Sale, I got a massive load of horror games for less than $10 total. No way I'm paying $50 for a single game. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I can get a bundle of Star Wars games for less than $10. And during last year's Steam Halloween Sale, I got a massive load of horror games for less than $10 total. No way I'm paying $50 for a single game. :rolleyes:
    yeah, because all of those games were most likely not NEW RELEASES

all new releases are at least that expensive, but they usually drop quickly after a few months

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited October 2014
    yeah, because all of those games were most likely not NEW RELEASES

all new releases are at least that expensive, but they usually drop quickly after a few months

Yea...it's been like...a while since a NEW star wars came out.....

He's comparing games from years ago to current releases...

Also,

[9:36] [System] [GameplayAnnounce] M'Shiro@RedMoogleXIII does not believe in a "No-Win Scenario".

Not to mention most horror games are Indies which are very short.

Alien is a full-length game.

Average 15-25 hours they say just for the main story. There is also some kind of survival mode which does a ton of stuff too.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Congratz to Moogle. I ran NWS with him yesterday, now I don't know if I'll ever get it. Ash, can you help me out here?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    On unrelated news, I tested a fun thing of my Shattering Harmonics set.

I own the full set (Sword, Shield and EV suit), and the 3 PC bonus adds a Sonic damage charge on the sword.

The sword itself deals its normal Phys damage and a 15 Sonic damage add-on against Tholians.

I wanted to test if the charge with the Sonic damage added up to those two, so dealing three damages per sword hit (on a Tholian).

So off to Nukara I went.

It worked! ~100 Phys dmg+15 Sonic dmg+~100 Sonic dmg. Those Tholians didn't even have a shadow of a shadow of a prayer left.

Also, the sword can keep up with them running around like that, so win-win.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    If we can be on at the same time.
  • Options
    oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    During a surprise inspection of the Enterprise...

Admiral Komack : "Mr. Chekov, what would you do if the weapons officer suddenly got his head blown off?"

Chekov: "Nothing, sir."

Komack : "Why nothing?"

Chekov: "Because I'm the weapons officer, sir."