test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can somebody familiar with both the metric and the silly American system teach me the basics of the second? All I know is that 3 feet are 1 metre. I would like to know some other values, since I doubt the entire world will use the much simpler metric system anytime soon...
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    loukoc wrote: »
    Can somebody familiar with both the metric and the silly American system teach me the basics of the second? All I know is that 3 feet are 1 metre. I would like to know some other values, since I doubt the entire world will use the much simpler metric system anytime soon...
    there are dozens of converters online you can use for those systems - why not use one of those?
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited August 2013
    there are dozens of converters online you can use for those systems - why not use one of those?

Because I don't wanna turn to a converter, I wanna learn how to convert some basic values myself...
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Because I don't wanna turn to a converter, I wanna learn how to convert some basic values myself...

You could still just look up the conversions.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1 Inch = ~2.5 cm
    12 Inches = 1 Foot
    3 Feet = 1 Yard
    100 Yards = Football Field
    5280 Feet = Mile = 1.6 KM

Actually, it isn't an American system, it's British. A few things have been modified over the last two centuries, but there is a reason its official name is the "Imperial System".
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    Come to think of it, Amerika, Burma, and Liberia are the only nations in the world who refuse to use Metric.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Come to think of it, Amerika, Burma, and Liberia are the only nations in the world who refuse to use Metric.

England doesn't really use Metric EITHER!
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1 mile = 1.6093 kilometers
    1 yard = 0.9144 meter
    1 inch = 2.54 centimeters
    1 pound = 453.59 grams
    1 U.S. gallon liquid = 3.7854 liters
    1 U.S. gallon dry = 4.4049 liters

Those are a few off the top of my head. While I just can't use the metric system practically since it isn't pounded into my head, it certainly is a whole lot better.
    We do. Imperial is more the official system, but we do still use metric. We are a member of the European Union after all.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    edited August 2013
    Bob and First, thanks a ton, you have helped me a lot.

Suroo, since you're a member of the EU why don't you export your sweets? I have yet to find a supermarket here with British sweets!
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited August 2013

we do. We use both. If anything we use metric more now as that is what is taught in schools, so most kids these days dont know much about imperial.

Older generations still use it and more established aspects like road signs that are not likely to be updated anytime soon still use imperial.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Suroo, since you're a member of the EU why don't you export your sweets?
    Because we don't like Greece! (:D) Actually we do, but Greece does not seem to like us. Something about resenting the fact that we own Greece. Every time a war comes around, we have to come down there and save you. (:D)

The Middle East particularly is going crazy for British sweets. For that matter, even Amerika (of all places in the world) has started buying British sweets. Why Greece does not have any, I can only suspect must be your local markets just don't buy them. (:rolleyes:)

In all honesty though, I greatly enjoy Swiss or Belgian chocolates and cakes anyway. Of course, Russian chocolate is made of mud, but Swiss and Belgian chocolate is enough to make you never want to leave. In the words of my daughter, "Now I know what love taste like!" Where does she come up with these things? Goodness, I love her! (:D)
    edited August 2013
    Because we don't like Greece! (:D) Actually we do, but Greece does not seem to like us. Something about resenting the fact that we own Greece. Every time a war comes around, we have to come down there and save you. (:D)

The Middle East particularly is going crazy for British sweets. For that matter, even Amerika (of all places in the world) has started buying British sweets. Why Greece does not have any, I can only suspect must be your local markets just don't buy them. (:rolleyes:)

In all honesty though, I greatly enjoy Swiss or Belgian chocolates and cakes anyway. Of course, Russian chocolate is made of mud, but Swiss and Belgian chocolate is enough to make you never want to leave. In the words of my daughter, "Now I know what love taste like!" Where does she come up with these things? Goodness, I love her! (:D)

Cute and hilarious reply. Also, can't you deposit (storm)troopers here permanently so we won't have that mandatory duty?
    edited August 2013
    For that matter, even Amerika (of all places in the world) has started buying British sweets.
    why should that be a surprise? america is very big on sweets and all that other artery-hardening goodness

In the words of my daughter, "Now I know what love taste like!" Where does she come up with these things?

internet or television, where all the rest of the current generation finds things
    Also, can't you deposit (storm)troopers here permanently so we won't have that mandatory duty?
    no, he cannot; you want stormtroopers, you're about 70 years and one world war too late, not to mention asking the wrong country...you want germany, not england
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    edited August 2013
    There's this German chocolate place in my area, that makes its own chocolate right there. When you open the door you smell all the chocolate. :D
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey frenemy, we need someone to make one of those dramatic movie posters for our RP :p.
    Have Zira and Voporak fighting. Or Scar and Voporak since you killed Zira........

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9to5qpqJN1rv8jpzo1_500.gif
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited August 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Hey frenemy, we need someone to make one of those dramatic movie posters for our RP :p.
    Have Zira and Voporak fighting. Or Scar and Voporak since you killed Zira........

err...how is a meerkat and warthog bawling all over the serengeti dramatic in any way?

#LegalizeAwoo

edited August 2013

All we need is a picture of Voporak, a picture of Scar, and one Lindale. :rolleyes:

CatPhone RP II: The Wrath of Scar???
    edited August 2013
    err...how is a meerkat and warthog bawling all over the serengeti dramatic in any way?

They're crying about Zira's death. That's not the movie poster.

*Facepaw*
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    edited August 2013
    They're crying about Zira's death. That's not the movie poster.

*Facepaw*
    oh, i doubt that...they'd be cheering over zira's death, as are the rest of us

#LegalizeAwoo

edited August 2013
    As usual, my Cryptic application crashed when I tried to check out some stuff in teh intrawebz...
    edited August 2013
    As usual, my Cryptic application crashed when I tried to check out some stuff in teh intrawebz...
    so don't do that next time...and get your fuzzy butt back ingame! i'm not done lecturing canelow!

#LegalizeAwoo

edited August 2013
    so don't do that next time...and get your fuzzy butt back ingame! i'm not done lecturing canelow!

Can't, I iz finally patching Nevahwintar. And converting some files too...
    edited August 2013
    Can't, I iz finally patching Nevahwintar. And converting some files too...
    about time...what are you going to make when you actually get ingame?

#LegalizeAwoo

edited August 2013
    Also, can't you deposit (storm)troopers here permanently so we won't have that mandatory duty?
    We prefer not to, for your sake. The lack of Stormtroopers makes you believe you own Greece, so it gives you that much needed feeling of independence. :D
    voporak wrote: »
    All we need is a picture of Voporak, a picture of Scar, and one Lindale. :rolleyes:
    Just let me know when you're ready. I'll switch to Suroo and meet you somewhere.
    edited August 2013
    Is Kongwe a new character the writers put in?

Also, I made a big post on a new PVP mode. Please add any suggestions or ideas you think would make the idea even better.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=11803651#post11803651
    edited August 2013

Also, I made a big post on a new PVP mode. Please add any suggestions or ideas you think would make the idea even better.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=11803651#post11803651

He's the one who made both our signatures, maybe, idk, he might be good at making a movie poster? :O
    edited August 2013
    Movie poster? Is this going to be a film? An STO version of Lion King? This could be a YouTube phenomenon! :eek:
    Have you ever heard of Rafiki? :D
    edited August 2013
    Movie poster? Is this going to be a film? An STO version of Lion King? This could be a YouTube phenomenon! :eek:

Have you ever heard of Rafiki? :D

Catphone Into Darkness.
    edited August 2013
    I just went for an epic run of CGE! One person bailed right after the match started, but we still got optional. Optional with 4 people! :D

Then when came time to kill Armek, I held agro while dead! What is this blasphemy? :eek: