What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• Options
    sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In this case, clarity takes a back seat to courtesy.

Umm ... you mean courtesy takes a back seat to clarity right?
    edited July 2012
    kalecto wrote: »
    Hi,

I haven't been in game this weekend, but from reading the above posts seems we've had an issue with the fleet provisioning system.

I had hoped that you had all read the post I made back HERE #165 which had a link to info about that system.

I haven't read the fleet message that's been sent out yet, I will log in an hour or so from now, but I would like to think I'd always lead the fleet in a manner in which people could then once promoted also lead by example.

Fleet provision's are one item that is extremely difficult to acquire, and fleet credits can be difficult to acquire as well if others are online at the right time and have the resources to contribute, leaving other members struggling to gain enough credit to purchase items that they would like.

I'm not sure of the exact situation but we may need to try to limit some members contributions and have all members purchase no more than one item from the provisioned stores at any given time so that it's fair to others. It's a similar situation with the fleet bank, if a member donates a lot of a special item, such as DOff packs, then I wouldn't go in and take them all because that would be unfair to others so I would just take a small number leaving plenty for others to use.

I'm sure anyone upset will eventually come around, forgive and forget, but mistakes do happen and hopefully when they do we learn from them.

Understood.

I made a mistake and I know it, one I won't make again. It was very unfair of me and I would never have done it on purpose. If I could I would trade them back in for the provisions, but that's not possible unfortunatly. I'll just learn from this on move on.

My sincerest apologies.
    edited July 2012
    sirepical wrote: »
    Umm ... you mean courtesy takes a back seat to clarity right?

Whatever. I'm tired. My son has decided to protest sleeping after 5AM.

I'm just wanting to ensure people understand what the deal is.

I understand you made a mistake. That's fine. If it weren't for the fact we wouldn't have most of those provisions if not for your participation, I would have been a little more upset. But I understand that mistakes happen.

I, like Alecto, and just wanting to make sure everyone understands how the system works so we can avoid this type of mistake in the future.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited July 2012
    Whatever. I'm tired. My son has decided to protest sleeping after 5AM.

I'm just wanting to ensure people understand what the deal is.

I understand you made a mistake. That's fine. If it weren't for the fact we wouldn't have most of those provisions if not for your participation, I would have been a little more upset. But I understand that mistakes happen.

I, like Alecto, and just wanting to make sure everyone understands how the system works so we can avoid this type of mistake in the future.

Okay, I understand and that's all good with me.
    edited July 2012
    Hi,

I haven't been in game this weekend, but from reading the above posts seems we've had an issue with the fleet provisioning system.

I had hoped that you had all read the post I made back HERE #165 which had a link to info about that system.

I haven't read the fleet message that's been sent out yet, I will log in an hour or so from now, but I would like to think I'd always lead the fleet in a manner in which people could then once promoted also lead by example.

Fleet provision's are one item that is extremely difficult to acquire, and fleet credits can be difficult to acquire as well if others are online at the right time and have the resources to contribute, leaving other members struggling to gain enough credit to purchase items that they would like.

I'm not sure of the exact situation but we may need to try to limit some members contributions and have all members purchase no more than one item from the provisioned stores at any given time so that it's fair to others. It's a similar situation with the fleet bank, if a member donates a lot of a special item, such as DOff packs, then I wouldn't go in and take them all because that would be unfair to others so I would just take a small number leaving plenty for others to use.

I'm sure anyone upset will eventually come around, forgive and forget, but mistakes do happen and hopefully when they do we learn from them.
    Would fleet mark contributions be limited as well? Those are the major wall we've bumped into with the current T2 shipyard and most likely T2 starbase and beyond.
    I ask because it would hurt us badly if that rule was put in place as I hardly see any really earn fleet marks to donate. Everything else fills up in a project and then the fleet marks often sit there without many further donations for hours or longer on end.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Would fleet mark contributions be limited as well? Those are the major wall we've bumped into with the current T2 shipyard and most likely T2 starbase and beyond.
    I ask because it would hurt us badly if that rule was put in place as I hardly see any really earn fleet marks to donate. Everything else fills up in a project and then the fleet marks often sit there without many further donations for hours or longer on end.

Well no specific real rules can be put in place, the only permissions that can be changed via the fleet leaders that will effect this are...

1. Your ability to contribute to fleet projects allowing you to earn fleet credits.

2. Your ability to use provisioned stores which use provisions that are difficult to acquire.

We can't technically limit how many items you purchase from provisioned stores or how much you contribute, we can only advise you to fair to be other players.

So the short answer to your question is no.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well no specific real rules can be put in place, the only permissions that can be changed via the fleet leaders that will effect this are...

1. Your ability to contribute to fleet projects allowing you to earn fleet credits.

2. Your ability to use provisioned stores which use provisions that are difficult to acquire.

We can't technically limit how many items you purchase from provisioned stores or how much you contribute, we can only advise you to fair to other players.

So the short answer to your question is no.
    Ah I see, thank you.:)
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    On the bright side, my Ferasan sci had more dilithium than any of my captains. Grinding STFs will do that. Well... since there are no opportunities to throw all that to the starbase, I turned it all into crafting supplies.

It's best to go with the flow.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hey cats I'm hoping to set up some fleet events soon where we can team up for all the fleet missions to speed up the mark process. Hopefully we can do it during the bonus event for the extra marks. Let me know in-game mail if yer interested in joining and what times would be best for you.
    Send the mail to @Ashkrik23.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    UNBELIEVABLE!

I never got on STO yesterday. Not at any point. That hasn't happened since a while before fleet starbases.

Historic event.
    edited July 2012
    Well, attendance is not mandatory. ;)
    edited July 2012
    Shadowcat Lair has won the voting. So our home has a name now.
    edited July 2012
    Now we just need a big sign with the title on our base:).
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Awesome! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2012

YAY!

I knew that if I voted for it it would win. :P
    edited August 2012
    I saw some people in fleet chat tonight talking about a fleet for the Federation and non Ferasan KDF. Some may not be aware, but we are part of a growing alliance of fleets, and we are even provided a set of dedicated Team Speak channels. Nobody seems to be using this resource, and I believe that many are missing out on a great community.

So I would recommend that anyone in the Feresan Shadow Force visit United Fleet Coalition to sign up, and check out our allied fleets for a home for your non-Feresan captains, and make use of the resources that are provided for your Ferasans. That's what I did, and I am glad! :D
    giphy.gif

• Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm looking for some foundry missions to play and I'd love to promote those created by fleet members. Let me know if you don't mind me recording my first ever playthrough of your creations!
    edited August 2012
    I'm looking for some foundry missions to play and I'd love to promote those created by fleet members. Let me know if you don't mind me recording my first ever playthrough of your creations!

Feel free to play through mine, they're the first two listed in the first post of this thread.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Hi Shadowcats,

I'm adding a new general rule for promotion to Shadowcat Elite, which is another requirement you need for promotion, which is that you must have at least 50,000 fleet credits, meaning you've helped contribute to the fleet. This will help the Shadowcat Masters make promotion decisions.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    This bothers me. Silly...eh?

Hi Shadowcats,

I'm adding a new general rule for promotion to Shadowcat Elite, which is another requirement you need for promotion, which is that you must have at least 50,000 fleet credits, meaning you've helped contribute to the fleet. This will help the Shadowcat Masters make promotion decisions.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited August 2012

I'd like you to try "Ferasa", just need to fix 1 typo first. And it would have to be on your Ferasan.
    edited August 2012
    Hi Shadowcats,

so then I assume I'll be demoted :/
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    rickpaaa wrote: »
    This bothers me. Silly...eh?

its the price of fame, and being a 'high' profile fleet.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    edited August 2012
    blitzy4 wrote: »
    so then I assume I'll be demoted :/

I'm not demoting anybody. General grandfather rules apply. If you were promoted before this rule went into effect, your promotion stands. It took me just over a week to get to 100,000, so it isn't that bad of a rule.
    edited August 2012
    As Bob said, no rank demotions unless someone does something terribly bad; besides which our rules are pretty flexible. That rules I put in place because well, it shows that you deserve the promotion for starters, because you've been helping the fleet, rather than playing solo within a fleet. Also if you want the promotion, the rule creates incentive to contribute and those contributions get you fleet marks which you can use to purchase fleet items provided we have provisioned fleet stores. Without provisions no member can use our fleet stores, so it's important we continue to stock up our provisions by completing fleet projects that grant those provisions.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    More than anything, I wish that I could figure out how to make use of PMs in this new forum. I would also love to have the gift of being able to make a point without being pissy.

The rule is fair, but changing them, and the timing of the change isn't. Oh well.

Existence is dhukka.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited August 2012
    More than anything, I wish that I could figure out how to make use of PMs in this new forum. I would also love to have the gift of being able to make a point without being pissy.

The rule is fair, but changing them, and the timing of the change isn't. Oh well.

Existence is dhukka.

We are trying to be fair to our fleet members. But right now, we are trying to properly figure out the appropriate blend. With so few provisions, we have to limit who has access to them. Fleet contribution is a great way to determine who has given to the fleet. The idea is to not allow the provisions to be spent by people who do not participate.

The timing is going to be bad due to the fact this feature was added after the fleet was created. If this feature were in place when we formed the fleet, we would have been able to determine everything then.

However, please keep in mind this is just an official announcement of an unwritten determination the Masters were already using. All of the cats I have promoted to Elite had 100,000+ contribution to begin with. We just set a number to what we were already doing.

So really, nothing has changed. You just now know about it.
    edited August 2012

I understand the frustration of limiting provisions and then moving the goalposts after a system has gone live but this is very much a work in progress for all of us. In hindsight this would have been set up at the start but its difficult to tell how the system will work until we see it in action. fleet leaders are learning just as much as the rest of the fleet is about how it all works. there is never a good time to change something but it wont be any better the longer its left.

At the moment we are very much concerned that someone could steal everyone's hard work. not necessarily tomorrow or next week but perhaps 6 month or a year down the line so we have to plan for all occasions and a few extra restrictions that are not that difficult to overcome will be a huge benefit in the long run to save anyone trying to steal all of our hard work. sadly being generous and trusting may work 99.9% of the time but its the 0.1% that we have to account for.

We could change it again in the future based on experience of how its working or if cryptic make a change to the system (which they more than likely will at some point knowing them). so expect this to be quite fluid.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Why is it always me? Whenever I want to post something for everyone to see I get relegated to the bottom post of the page.

Oh well. This is just a space filler. Turn the page...
    edited August 2012
    Ferasan Shadow Force takes on colony invasion and marks the first ever death of Twinkers at the hands of... um, whoever those guys are.

Click on my signature for the rest of my videos.