test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In depth mission reports upon request

Comments

• evil70thevil70th Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    q403 wrote: »
    Evil, can you please remove The Omega Theorm on your review list. I will have one for you soon.

I will remove it from the queue today.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Brian
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nrobbiec wrote: »
    The story would make more sense :)
    evil70th wrote: »
    Glad I could help.

The effect I was referring to is on the last map. There seems to be some sort of white out effect that turns everything white except the planet, the ships and the satellite. I?ve seen this effect used before and it has issues. It would probably be the background effect if you did not select a specific effect for it.

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
    Brian

Curious. I didn't notice that when I played through the published version. I did change the planet from the version it was on Jeroan Space 1, from class m to class x. I'll try changing the background to a more standard starry one, see if that makes a difference. Unless it's a result of a Foundry update that went in after I tested it.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
    edited July 2012
    grylak wrote: »
    Curious. I didn't notice that when I played through the published version. I did change the planet from the version it was on Jeroan Space 1, from class m to class x. I'll try changing the background to a more standard starry one, see if that makes a difference. Unless it's a result of a Foundry update that went in after I tested it.

Here is a screen grab I took of the effect I am referring to.

GameClient-2012-07-04-09-20-36-69.jpg

At first I thought it might be the atmosphere of the planet but I did not get any rumble effect and that usually turns the whole screen completely white. I saw this effect in another mission several months ago and made the same recommendation to remove it.

Hope this helps,
    Brian
  • backyardserenadebackyardserenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hey evil, I just wanted to drop by and leave a big thank you for all the work you're doing.

It is not easy for Foundry authors to get meaningful reviews and your dedication has likely served many authors over the last couple of months. I wish there were more players like you who are interested in exchanging constructive and detailed critique and reviews - but then I'm awed how much time and passion this must consume.

Anyway, thanks and keep trekking. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes you have to do things that you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah the white-out beffect of an atmosphere is only accompanied by a rumble if you're in the lower atmosphere. If you stay in the upper layers it usually doesn't rumble.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited July 2012
    It may also be a result of having the game set to different graphics levels. I know there are some effects that look cool at high graphics settings, but make the game go white at lower settings. I can't remember off the top of my head what they are, but I'll look them up later.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
    edited July 2012
    Hey evil, I just wanted to drop by and leave a big thank you for all the work your doing.

It is not easy for Foundry authors to get meaningful reviews and your dedication has likely served many authors over the last couple of months. I wish there were more players like you who are interested in exchanging constructive and detailed critique and reviews - but then I'm awed how much time and passion this must consume.

Anyway, thanks and keep trekking. :)

Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it and I do enjoy the game. Helping my fellow authors is something I really like doing. It is nice to know it is appreciated.

Brian
    edited July 2012
    Yeah the white-out beffect of an atmosphere is only accompanied by a rumble if you're in the lower atmosphere. If you stay in the upper layers it usually doesn't rumble.

Yes but this map is the same map as a previous one in the mission. Without giving away the mission, there is an event that is occurring at this moment in the mission. I suspect the author selected an effect that I have seen used in at least one other mission. It didn?t work there either. :)

Thanks for the feedback,
    Brian
    edited July 2012
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    It may also be a result of having the game set to different graphics levels. I know there are some effects that look cool at high graphics settings, but make the game go white at lower settings. I can't remember off the top of my head what they are, but I'll look them up later.

This map was a copy of any earlier map in the mission with different objectives and I did not change my graphic settings in the middle of the mission. I always play at a higher level graphic setting since I improved my chip and cooling system. :) I suspect it is an effect that I have seen used in another mission a while ago. The effect itself is most likely not working as the DEVs intended.

On a brighter note I plan on getting back into the queue tomorrow morning to make some progress. ;)

Thanks for the feedback,
    Brian
  • aelogriaaelogria Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Mission Name: Blood of the Paw
    Author: Desdecardo
    Minimum Level: 16+ level requirement
    Allegiance: Federation
    Project ID: ST-HLNVIMLQF
    Estimated Mission Length: 30min
    Method of Report Delivery: Forum Post

I updated it since I originally posted the project. Just want all possible feedback on it.

@Desdecardo since 2008.
    edited July 2012
    aelogria wrote: »
    Mission Name: Blood of the Paw
    Author: Desdecardo
    Minimum Level: 16+ level requirement
    Project ID: ST-HLNVIMLQF
    Estimated Mission Length: 30min
    Method of Report Delivery: Forum Post

I updated it since I originally posted the project. Just want all possible feedback on it.

Hey aelogria, AKA Desdecardo,

Thanks for the review request. You are 12th in the queue behind nrobbiec. I plan to work on the queue starting tomorrow morning. Hopefully I can get through a couple of missions this weekend. I?ll post the review here in the forums when I am done. :)

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
    edited July 2012
    Bazag wrote:
    Wow - long queue Brian.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to give you more work.

I just published Kai Hard by Bazag. Lvl 31+

Look forward to hearing what you think when you are able to finally get around to it.

Federation Mission - Kai Hard
    Author: Bazag
    Project ID: ST-HQ6ZY7JSD

Report Start

Summary: This is a great mission with several tough, but fun battles and excellent story dialogue. I thoroughly enjoyed this mission and would highly recommend it to any player who likes those elements in a mission.

Below are some things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description. The [OOC] dialogue at the end made me laugh. :) I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a good grant dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good initial task with a clear location of the NPC as part of the story. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good entry prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
    Deep Space Nine (Cryptic Map): This is a good use of the Cryptic map assets. The story dialogue you developed for this map is very well written. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -The response button "Luck? Who needa luuxk." to read "Luck? Who needs luck? ".

Gamma Quadrant Star System: This is a good map design with a good battle and very well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Makeshift Village: This is a good map design. The story dialogue is well written. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -The use of the response button "Continue" for the BOFF reports. Consider changing them to something more in line with the dialogue. For example on the initial report the response could be "Let's move out" or something along those lines.
    -The "Opaka" dialogue; consider changing "the day my pagh and the Emissary's would cross" to read "the day my path and the Emissary's would cross".
    -Consider changing "get a message out there howmuch of it went through" to read "get a message out there how much of it went through".
    -Consider changing "but there are many amung the people here who may take up arms" to read "but there are many among the people here who may take up arms".
    -Consider changing "I'm getting the data now sir, There are multiple biomechanical" to read "I'm getting the data now sir. There are multiple biomechanical".

Underground Cave System: This is a good map design with some tough but fun battles. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -Consider changing "If his not right" to read "If he's not right".
    -The post "Check the prisoners" dialogue; consider changing "Yes, You must be" to read "Yes, you must be".

Makeshift Village: This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -The initial spawn point. One of my BOFFs was stuck in the hillside at the spawn point. I could not free the BOFF no matter what I tried. This might be an isolated incident but one I thought you should be aware of.
    -The "Opaka" dialogue; consider changing "Thank you [NickName]" to read Thank you [Rank]".

Gamma Quadrant Star System: This is a good map design with tough but fun battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -The "Dreg" dialogue; consider changing "All ship engage and disable" to read "All ships engage and disable".

End Report

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job developing this mission and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
    Brian

This critique report also filed 07/06/2012 on forum posting for: The Updated Consolidate List of Bazag Missions.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have found that reach markers on space maps do function if the player is within the radius of the marker when it becomes active. Perhaps try using an object, then the player would also be able to see it on the map.

Brian

You mean "don't function"? Otherwise your statement doesn't make sense, both in relation to my design or general Cryptic functionality. :confused:
    Federation Mission - Kai Hard
    Author: Bazag
    Project ID: ST-HQ6ZY7JSD

Report Start

Summary: This is a great mission with several tough, but fun battles and excellent story dialogue. I thoroughly enjoyed this mission and would highly recommend it to any player who likes those elements in a mission.

Below are some things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description. The [OOC] dialogue at the end made me laugh. :) I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a good grant dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good initial task with a clear location of the NPC as part of the story. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good entry prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
    Deep Space Nine (Cryptic Map): This is a good use of the Cryptic map assets. The story dialogue you developed for this map is very well written. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -The response button "Luck? Who needa luuxk." to read "Luck? Who needs luck? ".

Gamma Quadrant Star System: This is a good map design with a good battle and very well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Makeshift Village: This is a good map design. The story dialogue is well written. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -The use of the response button "Continue" for the BOFF reports. Consider changing them to something more in line with the dialogue. For example on the initial report the response could be "Let's move out" or something along those lines.
    -The "Opaka" dialogue; consider changing "the day my pagh and the Emissary's would cross" to read "the day my path and the Emissary's would cross".
    -Consider changing "get a message out there howmuch of it went through" to read "get a message out there how much of it went through".
    -Consider changing "but there are many amung the people here who may take up arms" to read "but there are many among the people here who may take up arms".
    -Consider changing "I'm getting the data now sir, There are multiple biomechanical" to read "I'm getting the data now sir. There are multiple biomechanical".

Underground Cave System: This is a good map design with some tough but fun battles. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -Consider changing "If his not right" to read "If he's not right".
    -The post "Check the prisoners" dialogue; consider changing "Yes, You must be" to read "Yes, you must be".

Makeshift Village: This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -The initial spawn point. One of my BOFFs was stuck in the hillside at the spawn point. I could not free the BOFF no matter what I tried. This might be an isolated incident but one I thought you should be aware of.
    -The "Opaka" dialogue; consider changing "Thank you [NickName]" to read Thank you [Rank]".

Gamma Quadrant Star System: This is a good map design with tough but fun battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -The "Dreg" dialogue; consider changing "All ship engage and disable" to read "All ships engage and disable".

End Report

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job developing this mission and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
    Brian

This critique report also filed 07/06/2012 on forum posting for: The Updated Consolidate List of Bazag Missions.

If I'm not mistaken, "pagh" is somewhat similar to "path" in Bajoran... try checking on Memory Alpha, just to be sure. :)

Also, one thing I noticed: It's the Idran System, so unless it's a random GQ system, it should be called the Idran system, not the GQ Star System. :cool:

Edit: I meant to say that the system on the other end of the wormhole is the Idran system, not that the ingame system is the Idran system - here I am, asking about whether you made a typo and commenting on what I think are misinterpretations on your end (the first and second quotes respectively), and then I break my sentence more badly than what I thought was a typo would have broken yours.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I assumed it was pah
    edited July 2012
    dalolorn wrote: »
    You mean "don't function"? Otherwise your statement doesn't make sense, both in relation to my design or general Cryptic functionality. :confused:

Correct. That should?ve read "do not function". Thanks.
    If I'm not mistaken, "pagh" is somewhat similar to "path" in Bajoran... try checking on Memory Alpha, just to be sure. :)

I do not translate the specific language of the game unless it is apparent that is what they intended. Since the dialogue prior to and after the word "pagh" is in Standard English my assumption was the word was misspelled. Since the report was intended for Bazag he can decide what to do with that recommendation.
    Also, one thing I noticed: It's the Idran System, so unless it's a random GQ system, it should be called the Idran system, not the GQ Star System. :cool:

Edit: I meant to say that the system on the other end of the wormhole is the Idran system, not that the ingame system is the Idran system - here I am, asking about whether you made a typo and commenting on what I think are misinterpretations on your end (the first and second quotes respectively), and then I break my sentence more badly than what I thought was a typo would have broken yours.

The map names are as the author wrote them. I take screen shots of all missions to ensure I get the map names correct as well as double check spelling of dialogue. When an author chooses an existing Cryptic star map with a system and other features they can name it whatever they desire in order to tell their story. I suspect your "nitpicking" has gotten the best of you. ;)

Thanks for the feedback,
    Brian
    edited July 2012
    I assumed it was pah

As I indicated in my response to I do not translate the specific language of the game unless it is apparent that is what they intended. Since the dialogue is in Standard English before and after the word "pagh" my assumption was the word was misspelled. The specific word was "pagh" in the dialogue. I just verified that from the screen shot I took of the dialogue. In the end it is up to Bazag to decide what he intended. If he was going for the Bajoran word then he can ignore the note from me regarding the word being misspelled. Unless of course you are right and he meant to use the Bajoran word but also misspelled it "pagh" ;)

Thanks for the feedback,
    Brian
    edited July 2012
    Skyline475 wrote: »
    I've re-done the first episode in The Wave Empire. Hopefully now it flows a lot smoother battle wise, and does not brake immersion due to spelling errors.

The only thing I haven't done is the "open city" feel you talked about once you land in Loerina. I'm afraid that will have to be put on hold till I go back and polish the entire series after all those foundry goodies come out that we keep hearing so much about xD (Crossing fingers for cutscene tools)

I would love for another review when you get the chance. You where such a help the first time I thought I'd ask again. ^.^

Federation Mission - The Wave Empire Ep.1
    Author: Skyline475
    Project ID: ST-HAP9J34R0
    Est. Time: 45min

Federation Mission - The Wave Empire Ep.1 (Re-Review)

Report Start

Summary: This is a great mission with excellent map design and several tough but fun battles. I still would not like to play this on Elite but the support units you added to some of the battles make it a lot better than before. The story dialogue is very well written and you made almost all of the corrections from my previous report. There are still a couple here and there but it is a whole lot better than before. I really enjoyed the mission and would definitely recommend this mission to other players.

Mission Description: This is a good description. I noted no spelling or grammar errors in this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a good grant dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammar errors in this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good initial mission task with a clear start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors in this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammar errors in this prompt.

MAPS:
    The Wave Empire Star Gate: This is a good map design with well written dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -The map transfer dialogue; consider changing "Shall I proceed through the Wrap Gate, [Rank]" to read "Shall I proceed through the warp gate, [Rank]".

Atlantis: This is a good map design with well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Atlantis Docking Station Delta: This is a good map design. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Loerina: This is a very nice map design with a lot of details, but the dialogue does not support the need for this map. The map transfer dialogue alludes to the people seeming too good to be true, but how would the player know that since they have interacted with no one other than the "Transporter Operator" on this map. Consider changing the nature of this map to allow the player to explore the city a little and talk to some of the locals. This could be done by giving the player the option when talking to the "Transporter Operator" add another response button that says "I?m going to look around a little" or something along those lines. You can then set this to use small objects to trigger optional dialogue with the various NPCs spread across the map. If the player chooses not to select that button then the optional dialogue is not available. Objects used to trigger optional dialogue allows the author to add branching dialogue that will also disappear after the player interacts with it. Do not use NPC to trigger the optional dialogue. There are several tutorials available on StarBase UGC that can walk you through creating the optional dialogue using trigger objects.

Ascended Council: This is a nice map design. The story dialogue is well written but seems rather short. Consider adding a little more detail to the interaction with Ascended Loriyen. You should also add object triggered optional dialogue with the other NPCs spread across this map. This would give the player the ability to find out a little more about the Waveloids and would flesh out the story a little more. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -The NPC to the right front of the "Ascended Loriyen" is labeled "UGC Contact".
    -Consider changing "I have the authority to grant you such premission" to read "I have the authority to grant you such permission".
    -Consider changing "Step onto the platform on the east side of the room" to read "Step onto the platform on the west side of the room". The platform is actually located on the west side of the room. ;)

Ascended Council Member Uioda?s Living Quarters: The map design is good with very tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -The post scan dialogue; consider changing the response button "Set Weapons to Kill" to read "Set weapons to kill".
    -The post "Check Unidentified Vulcan" dialogue; consider changing "[Rank], shes dead" to read "[Rank], she's dead".
    -Consider changing "Also, notice theres blood comming" to read "Also notice there's blood coming from".
    -Consider changing "I might be able to tell you more after I can examine her in more deatil on the [ShipName]" to read "I might be able to tell you more after I examine her in more detail on the [ShipName]".

Ascended Council#2: The map design is good with very tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Loerina#2: The map design is good with very tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Atlantis Docking Station Delta#2: The map design is good with very tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Atlantis#2: This is a good map design with several tough battles but the support ships you added are a good addition to the fighting. The story dialogue is well written. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -I like the way you explained why that the Devidians are attacking using Hirogen ships, but consider changing the use of "Hirojen" to read "Hirogen" throughout the dialogue.

End Report

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a good job with this mission. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
    Brian

This critique report also filed 07/06/2012 on forum posting for: [URL=" http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=279751"]The Wave Empire Series[/URL].
    edited July 2012

Hi grylak,

I went into one of my development missions to see if I could figure out what you used. The effect is called "Heatwaves Effect". I think that is the effect you placed on that map. I've included the shot so you can see what I am talking about.

Heatwaves-Effect.jpg

This is the effect I was referring to. :)

Thanks,
    Brian
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The hell? It loaded properly when I tested the map. I think I did have Heatwave effect set on that map, to help with the effect of the event, but it didn't put out any kind of effect when I played the publish version, let alone do something that..... crazy. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Consider that effect removed ASAP and not used at all in the future. Especially if the earlier map like this one was loading properly.

Although this would be interesting if used in a "Oh TRIBBLE, we are stuck in a grey universe dimension" mission. But then, I fear not everyone would suffer that.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Maybe I've missed something in the conversation but I played that Jeroan Farmer Escapade and never saw a grey-out
    edited July 2012
    The hell? It loaded properly when I tested the map. I think I did have Heatwave effect set on that map, to help with the effect of the event, but it didn't put out any kind of effect when I played the publish version, let alone do something that..... crazy. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Consider that effect removed ASAP and not used at all in the future. Especially if the earlier map like this one was loading properly.

Although this would be interesting if used in a "Oh TRIBBLE, we are stuck in a grey universe dimension" mission. But then, I fear not everyone would suffer that.

I think figured it out. It is the visual effects settings. I have Speed versus Quality set to 2/3. When I take of the setting and run it on 1/3 level the white out disappears. I use custom settings with that as well and tried a variety of different settings while the Speed versus Quality was set at 2/3. So if you are running on lower graphic settings the problem does not manifest itself.
    Maybe I've missed something in the conversation but I played that Jeroan Farmer Escapade and never saw a grey-out

It looks as if the issue is the "Heatwaves Effect" is not functioning as it was intended on higher graphic settings.

Thanks to both of you for your feedback.
    Brian
    edited July 2012
    marhawkman wrote: »
    Do you do reviews for incomplete missions? I have a half-finished mission and I'm interested in hearing if you think it'd be worth finishing.

TAS Redux
    author: Marhawkman
    allegiance: Federation
    ST-HRJMDNQIN
    Estimated time: 20-30 mins
    Description: Journey into the Dark depths of space in search of the missing Federation Freighter the Bonaventure-C.

Federation Mission - TAS Redux
    Author: Marhawkman
    Project ID: ST-HRJMDNQIN

Report Start

Summary: Realizing that this is not a completed mission it is still a good concept and start to your development. The maps designs are good. Story so far on the first couple of maps the story dialogue is well written but the whole story needs a little work here and there. If this is going to be the actual mission you should consider taking it down while you finish developing. I noted you have received at least 2 one start ratings. This will bring down your overall average. If this is just a proof of concept and will not be used for the actual mission then you have nothing to be concerned about.

Mission Description: This is a short description. Consider adding a little more story to help draw the player in and make them want to click the "Hail" button. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Mission Task: Despite the fact that you have indicated the start location for the first custom map in both the description and grant dialogue, you should also include it in the initial mission task. The goal for that initial task is to help the player find where to start.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
    FGC-32050: This is a good map design with good battles, and I like the "Badlands" effects you added. The story dialogue needs a little development. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -Consider adding some initial dialogue from the Science BOFF explaining that the Orion?s are jamming communications with the Relay Station.
    -Consider adding the Tactical BOFF discussing options for engaging the Orions as part of the initial dialogue..
    -The use of the response button "Continue". Consider adding some story oriented responses for the player, especially for BOFF reports.
    -The post battle dialogue; consider changing "[Rank], I'm picking up some sort of spacial anomaly" to read "[Rank], I'm picking up some sort of spatial anomaly".
    -Consider removing the "Heatwaves Effect" near the anomaly. It is annoying and really does not add anything to the story.
    -Consider changing the "Anomaly XL" you are currently using to one of the following; "FX - Portal Fekihri" or "FX - Portal - Undine" or "FX - Portal - Mirror Universe" effects. In my opinion they all look much better than the "Anomaly XL" you are currently using.
    -Consider changing the "scan spatial anomaly" button from "Interact" to read "Scan".
    -The post "scan spatial anomaly" task dialogue; consider changing "I think we may have foudn a way to safely enter Elysia" to read "I think we may have found a way to safely enter Elysia".
    -Consider changing "If so we may need to deal with the ships persuing it" to read "If so we may need to deal with the ships pursuing it".
    -Consider changing the map transfer dialogue "enter spatial corridor" to read "Enter spatial corridor".
    -Consider changing the response button "enter" to read "Take us in" or something along those lines.

Spatial Corridor: This is a good map design with some good battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -The initial dialogue; consider changing "There appears to be an interchange point in the middle of the Corridqr" to read "There appears to be an interchange point in the middle of the corridor".
    -The use of the response button "Continue". Consider adding some story oriented responses for the player, especially for BOFF reports.
    -Consider changing the map transfer dialogue; "Transition to subspace pocket" to read "We are ready to enter the next subspace corridor".
    Consider changing the response button "Go to Next Map" to read "Ahead full" or something along those lines.

Spatial Corridor: This is a good continuation map from the previous one with some good battles. The story dialogue needs some development. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -The initial spawn point; consider moving it into the corridor a little further. The player ends up staring at the wall of the corridor until they start to move ahead.
    -Consider changing the map transfer dialogue; "Exit Spatial corridor" to read "We?ve reached the corridor exit".
    -Consider changing the response button "Exit corridor" to read "Take us out" or something along those lines.

Subspace Pocket: This is a good design. The story dialogue needs some development. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -The Map Text field has no entry and the default "<UNNAMED TASK>" appears on the map.

End Report

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You have done a good job with the development of the mission so far but it needs a little polishing. As always, I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
    Brian
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hmm.... Heatwaves works fine for me. I made two pics to demonstrate.

And no, it's not a mirage, my foundry char really is an admiral...

http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d56ed12

http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d56edcp

I also used it in the second part of the Spatial corridor...

Thanks for the review!

Good idea for the change to the initial task. I've started doing that in my other missions.

Good ideas for changing the FGC map.

Corridor: fix typos and incomplete text, got it. Actually I had been thinking about moving the spawn point. In case you're wondering why I bothered with the interchange map transition..... you can't fly through that part of the map for some stupid reason.

And yeah, the Subspace pocket has barely been started. I'm definately going to be adding soemthing to that one in the next update!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • aelogriaaelogria Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hey aelogria, AKA Desdecardo,

Thanks for the review request. You are 12th in the queue behind nrobbiec. I plan to work on the queue starting tomorrow morning. Hopefully I can get through a couple of missions this weekend. I?ll post the review here in the forums when I am done. :)

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian

No problem. Just be warned, its not to be taken seriously. And some of the reviews on there are from the very first version of it. Its taken me about 16 hours of total time to get it to where it is at now. Thats with the learning curve of learning the foundry from scratch.

Its best viewed with a beer at a good knowledge of 50s Scifi serials. :)

@Desdecardo since 2008.
    edited July 2012
    :)
    Hmm.... Heatwaves works fine for me. I made two pics to demonstrate.

And no, it's not a mirage, my foundry char really is an admiral...

http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d56ed12

http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d56edcp

I also used it in the second part of the Spatial corridor...

Thanks for the review!

Good idea for the change to the initial task. I've started doing that in my other missions.

Good ideas for changing the FGC map.

Corridor: fix typos and incomplete text, got it. Actually I had been thinking about moving the spawn point. In case you're wondering why I bothered with the interchange map transition..... you can't fly through that part of the map for some stupid reason.

And yeah, the Subspace pocket has barely been started. I'm definately going to be adding soemthing to that one in the next update!

Glad I could help. I knew it wasn't completed but wanted to give you the best review of the mission I could.

As for the Heatwaves effect, it doesn't look right on any of my machine even with my video settings maxed out. The only time I could get ot to look right was when I reduced my settings to the minimum level. The space version is the only one I've ever had a problem with. The ground version seems to work well regardless. In the end the author is the one who has to decide what to do with the recommendations. :)

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
    edited July 2012
    aelogria wrote: »
    No problem. Just be warned, its not to be taken seriously. And some of the reviews on there are from the very first version of it. Its taken me about 16 hours of total time to get it to where it is at now. Thats with the learning curve of learning the foundry from scratch.

Its best viewed with a beer at a good knowledge of 50s Scifi serials. :)

I look forward to the review. Thanks for the heads up on the "serious" nature of your authoring... ;)

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
  • bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited July 2012

In Bajoran religion Pagh is one's spirit or essence. Having a 'strong pagh' means that you have a purpose given to you by the prophets that is consistent with that strong spirit or essence. Also in the episode I follow up Opaka mentions that her and Sisko's pagh would cross again. Obviously this hasn't been the case yet.

I had just rewatched that episode before I started. The planet is not directly on the other side of the Wormhole and at the time of that ep hadn't been charted. It's at least a few light years away going from the Dax/O'brien conversation in the Runabout. It was also never named. So I just went with this generic name.
    edited July 2012
    bazag wrote: »
    In Bajoran religion Pagh is one's spirit or essence. Having a 'strong pagh' means that you have a purpose given to you by the prophets that is consistent with that strong spirit or essence. Also in the episode I follow up Opaka mentions that her and Sisko's pagh would cross again. Obviously this hasn't been the case yet.

I had just rewatched that episode before I started. The planet is not directly on the other side of the Wormhole and at the time of that ep hadn't been charted. It's at least a few light years away going from the Dax/O'brien conversation in the Runabout. It was also never named. So I just went with this generic name.

Then all is settled. That is not a typo. ;) Thanks for clearing that up for us Bazag. The mission was a lot of fun.

Sorry it took so long to get to the missions but I am making progress. :)

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
    edited July 2012
    bazag wrote: »

Thanks for clearing that up, I guess I did go a bit closer to the answer :)

Like I said, if it was just an unnamed GQ system, then it's fine. But if it were the Idran system...

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    edited July 2012
    Federation Mission - The Wave Empire Ep.1 (Re-Review)

Report Start

Summary: This is a great mission with excellent map design and several tough but fun battles. I still would not like to play this on Elite but the support units you added to some of the battles make it a lot better than before. The story dialogue is very well written and you made almost all of the corrections from my previous report. There are still a couple here and there but it is a whole lot better than before. I really enjoyed the mission and would definitely recommend this mission to other players.

Mission Description: This is a good description. I noted no spelling or grammar errors in this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a good grant dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammar errors in this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good initial mission task with a clear start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors in this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammar errors in this prompt.

MAPS:
    The Wave Empire Star Gate: This is a good map design with well written dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -The map transfer dialogue; consider changing "Shall I proceed through the Wrap Gate, [Rank]" to read "Shall I proceed through the warp gate, [Rank]".

Atlantis: This is a good map design with well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Atlantis Docking Station Delta: This is a good map design. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Loerina: This is a very nice map design with a lot of details, but the dialogue does not support the need for this map. The map transfer dialogue alludes to the people seeming too good to be true, but how would the player know that since they have interacted with no one other than the "Transporter Operator" on this map. Consider changing the nature of this map to allow the player to explore the city a little and talk to some of the locals. This could be done by giving the player the option when talking to the "Transporter Operator" add another response button that says "I?m going to look around a little" or something along those lines. You can then set this to use small objects to trigger optional dialogue with the various NPCs spread across the map. If the player chooses not to select that button then the optional dialogue is not available. Objects used to trigger optional dialogue allows the author to add branching dialogue that will also disappear after the player interacts with it. Do not use NPC to trigger the optional dialogue. There are several tutorials available on StarBase UGC that can walk you through creating the optional dialogue using trigger objects.

Ascended Council: This is a nice map design. The story dialogue is well written but seems rather short. Consider adding a little more detail to the interaction with Ascended Loriyen. You should also add object triggered optional dialogue with the other NPCs spread across this map. This would give the player the ability to find out a little more about the Waveloids and would flesh out the story a little more. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -The NPC to the right front of the "Ascended Loriyen" is labeled "UGC Contact".
    -Consider changing "I have the authority to grant you such premission" to read "I have the authority to grant you such permission".
    -Consider changing "Step onto the platform on the east side of the room" to read "Step onto the platform on the west side of the room". The platform is actually located on the west side of the room.

Ascended Council Member Uioda?s Living Quarters: The map design is good with very tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
    -The post scan dialogue; consider changing the response button "Set Weapons to Kill" to read "Set weapons to kill".
    -The post "Check Unidentified Vulcan" dialogue; consider changing "[Rank], shes dead" to read "[Rank], she's dead".
    -Consider changing "Also, notice theres blood comming" to read "Also notice there's blood coming from".
    -Consider changing "I might be able to tell you more after I can examine her in more deatil on the [ShipName]" to read "I might be able to tell you more after I examine her in more detail on the [ShipName]".

Ascended Council#2: The map design is good with very tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Loerina#2: The map design is good with very tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Atlantis Docking Station Delta#2: The map design is good with very tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Atlantis#2: This is a good map design with several tough battles but the support ships you added are a good addition to the fighting. The story dialogue is well written. I noted one item to consider changing:
    -I like the way you explained why that the Devidians are attacking using Hirogen ships, but consider changing the use of "Hirojen" to read "Hirogen" throughout the dialogue.

End Report

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a good job with this mission. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
    Brian

This critique report also filed 07/06/2012 on forum posting for: [URL=" http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=279751"]The Wave Empire Series[/URL].

Hmmm... I think Skyline475 is a great Stargate Atlantis fan... half of his maps feature the words "Atlantis", "Ascended", and "Stargate", and the principles by which his gate work are very, very, VERY similar to the Stargate functionality, but explained in a more ST way :P

Oh, and the Wave Empire's isolation reminds me a lot of how the Ancients went into the Pegasus galaxy, although they DID do that for entirely different reasons.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot, they're telekinetic. All they need to be now to stay true to their presumed universe of origin is to be energy beings (well, the Ascended ones, anyway)

Re-edit: Oh, by the way, could you change your ingame review of Exploratory Crisis? The bug has been fixed using the method you suggested (object interaction, that's how I understood it), and your reference to it could scare anybody who bothers to read reviews away :D

Alternatively I could keep the review reply I posted yesterday, which includes the fact that it's been fixed (at least a week later than I should have due to vacation and forgetfulness)

By the way, are your Gold Foundry slots SUPPOSED to disappear when you're no longer a Gold player? I had a game card and noticed 8 extra slots on top of my 4 starter slots, but yesterday they vanished :confused:

Re-re-edit: Well, ok, so they vanished somewhere in the past week with my 1 billion EC cap, but the point is I only noticed yesterday :)

Re-re-re-edit: Oh, I see you brought up the issue of optional vanishing and optional permanent dialogues again xD

Re-re-re-re-edit: Would you believe I'm doing all these edits within about 30 minutes of the original post? Anyway, to comment on the "Wrap Gate", I kinda like wrapping myself into a gate (wink, wink, I'm out of smileys)