What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

rp

Comments

• Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    *James watching as 10 Iconian vessels start turning on the rest as silver colored... *

James: Oh... *&^*(..... Sam... Jacob better come up with something fast... Because We can't keep this up... Taragi and his bunch are losing the edge..

Sam: I'm betting these things have a hive mind. Think about it. They almost overloaded Matthews' AI with a data transfer. What if we search through the frequecy range until we find something that hurts them?

Blake *Over comm*: Matthews here. I just had PACES analyse our systems. I've figured out why I'm having an easier time with these guys now. When PACES switched to the lower frequency range, he did the same to my shields and weapons.

Transmitting the data to you now. They should have more trouble adapting now.

Sam: Thanks, Armada!

Halsey, you and Armada clear out the fighters then give the Iconians a hand!

Blake *Over comm*: I copy that.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    *Another break off but form of a small chip rams into Jacob's arm and begins assimilation... *

*OOC: Giving a chance for Logan to mess with later...(Extremis in a way..)*

OOC: Oh, this is gonna be fun!
  • Options
    chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    Sam: I'm betting these things have a hive mind. Think about it. They almost overloaded Matthews' AI with a data transfer. What if we search through the frequecy range until we find something that hurts them?

Blake *Over comm*: Matthews here. I just had PACES analyse our systems. I've figured out why I'm having an easier time with these guys now. When PACES switched to the lower frequency range, he did the same to my shields and weapons.

Transmitting the data to you now. They should have more trouble adapting now.

Sam: Thanks, Armada!

Halsey, you and Armada clear out the fighters then give the Iconians a hand!

Blake *Over comm*: I copy that.

*OOC: Part one but there are steps so it is one part of the riddle.. *
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    *The 2 Freedom class vessels begin to use their bits again to much better effect but it is not stopping them... They are getting closer...*

James: Jacob better throw it up we are getting closer...
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Jacob: Roland isolate that piece from the rest of the suit. But don't kill it.

Roland: you aren't going to make this easy are you.

Jacob: I want to see what that little thing is.

Roland : there. Contained for now and I stress the now.

Jacob: ok let's finish up here so we can help the others. Harvest if you get a shot take it on the biggest group of them.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    *The 2 Freedom class vessels begin to use their bits again to much better effect but it is not stopping them... They are getting closer...*

James: Jacob better throw it up we are getting closer...

The harvest bridge a hive of activity.

Devon : captain Devon to all ships brace for sub space rift. Tactical fire the torp at that group there. Now.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    logang19 wrote: »
    The harvest bridge a hive of activity.

Devon : captain Devon to all ships brace for sub space rift. Tactical fire the torp at that group there. Now.

James and Dorman: Back off...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    OOC: Yeah but since it touched guess what..

*Another small form breaks off of the orb and forms into something pure silver... A suit.. and begins attacking Armada and brutally*

*Blake uses his blades to block, before firing an Omega Blast from his chest reactor and forcing the duplicate away. He tries to put some distance between them, panting.*
    Jacob: get away from them. Let your system reset.

He heads quickly to where Blake is and starts firing away with his mini phaser canons.

Jacob: Roland have the harvest prepare to fire the subspace torpedoe. Blake we need to draw as many of them as we can here. When that torpedoe fires the subspace rift will rip Nything near it apart.

Blake: Little busy right now!

PACES, do I have any weaknesses I should know about?!

PACES: Of course. If he is a duplicate of your armour, then he has the same weaknesses as it.

Blake: Exactly!

PACES: The Omega Reactor. Breach it, and the explosion will destroy the suit.

Blake: Can we contain the blast?

PACES: The Subspace Dampening field Preston employs will do that for us.

Blake: Okay, Phaser Lance!

*The micro-torp pods retract and the Lance takes the place of the right shoulder-mounted pod. The Tricobalt launcher takes place of the left-mounted pod.*

Wait for it!

*The duplicate charges again.*

NOW!

*The Lance fires, bringing down the shield before Blake lets loose with the Tricobalt Micro-Torp. The explosion destroys the duplicate.*

Phew...

Let's not do that again.

*He switches back to the micro-torps.

He flies away from the torpedo at Warp One.*

Jacob, how much damage is that gonna do?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jacob: a lot. I honestly don't know. I put all the power I could into it. It is going to make a very large whole so you know it is going to be big.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    *Blake uses his blades to block, before firing an Omega Blast from his chest reactor and forcing the duplicate away. He tries to put some distance between them, panting.*

Blake: Little busy right now!

PACES, do I have any weaknesses I should know about?!

PACES: Of course. If he is a duplicate of your armour, then he has the same weaknesses as it.

Blake: Exactly!

PACES: The Omega Reactor. Breach it, and the explosion will destroy the suit.

Blake: Can we contain the blast?

PACES: The Subspace Dampening field Preston employs will do that for us.

Blake: Okay, Phaser Lance!

*The micro-torp pods retract and the Lance takes the place of the right shoulder-mounted pod. The Tricobalt launcher takes place of the left-mounted pod.*

Wait for it!

*The duplicate charges again.*

NOW!

*The Lance fires, bringing down the shield before Blake lets loose with the Tricobalt Micro-Torp. The explosion destroys the duplicate.*

Phew...

Let's not do that again.

*He switches back to the micro-torps.

He flies away from the torpedo at Warp One.*

Jacob, how much damage is that gonna do?

James: I hope we can keep them off of us..
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jacob watch's as the torpedo flies past him and heads toward a group of enemy ships.

Jacob smiles

Jacob: I love it when things go boom.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jacob: a lot. I honestly don't know. I put all the power I could into it. It is going to make a very large whole so you know it is going to be big.

Blake: So, basically, for all we know, it could blow us all to kingdom come?

*Blake looks at the torpedo as it nears its target.*

PACES, how fast does this suit go?

PACES: Warp 9.

Blake: Put as much distance between those ships and us as you can.

Armada to Harvest, do you have any Tricobalt Micro-torps left? I kinda used mine up.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Armada to Harvest, do you have any Tricobalt Micro-torps left? I kinda used mine up.

Jacob: well I guess it could. But in any case it would solve all our problems.

Captain Devon : Blake you can rearm in armor bay 35.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

*The torpedoes explode on the One orb and drags the other in... The cheers from the other side roar through the comms... But the Orbs are stopped and are slowly rebuilding....but it is going to take awhile..*
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jacob: well I guess it could. But in any case it would solve all our problems.

Captain Devon : Blake you can rearm in armor bay 35.
    *The torpedoes explode on the One orb and drags the other in... The cheers from the other side roar through the comms... But the Orbs are stopped and are slowly rebuilding....but it is going to take awhile..*

Blake: Well, I guess Round 1 goes to us.

Armour Bay 35, this is Armada. Lay out the welcome mat, I'm coming in.

*He flies into the bay, landing and stepping out of the armour. PACES is speaking to him via earpiece now. He looks at the scratches and blast marks on the armour after his battle with the duplicate Armada.*

Think you can fix her up in a couple of hours?

PACES: Indeed, sir.

Blake: Good. While you're at it, how about upgrading the nano-pulse blades?

PACES: What did you have in mind?

Blake: Damage.

PACES: I'll fit a plasma infuser to the generators.

Blake: Thanks. By the way, any chance of doubling the trico load?

PACES: The suit doesn't have the capacity.

Blake: Alright. How long will the repair, rearm and upgrade take?

PACES: 1 hour, 22 minutes.

*OOC: Now going to bed. Will be back at 15:00 UTC (16 hours) so keep it slow and light.*
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    James: Mr. Carson how long is it going to take for them to regenerate?

Mr. Carson: Sir, The Scanners are reading that the orbs are going to take some time to rengenerate... but I wouldn't expect that same trick to work again... Nor the low frequencies...

If anything is an indicator we lost 46 vessels as the Iconians once the entities adapted they could not react fast enough... Even with their shields and firepower.. I do give the First Commander credit he is fierce but he lost a lot of ships in this venture...

James: Yes, he is always like this... Nonetheless, commend his men for their work.... We still have a lot left as we still have Angel Halo to worry about the operation should be starting within the next three hours...

Inform Admiral Halsey that we need to make haste and recoup what we can before the main assault... This is just a taste of what is to come and I suspect it is going to get a lot worse.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    James: Mr. Carson how long is it going to take for them to regenerate?

Mr. Carson: Sir, The Scanners are reading that the orbs are going to take some time to rengenerate... but I wouldn't expect that same trick to work again... Nor the low frequencies...

If anything is an indicator we lost 46 vessels as the Iconians once the entities adapted they could not react fast enough... Even with their shields and firepower.. I do give the First Commander credit he is fierce but he lost a lot of ships in this venture...

James: Yes, he is always like this... Nonetheless, commend his men for their work.... We still have a lot left as we still have Angel Halo to worry about the operation should be starting within the next three hours...

Inform Admiral Halsey that we need to make haste and recoup what we can before the main assault... This is just a taste of what is to come and I suspect it is going to get a lot worse.

Jacob walks into his own armor bay and sits down dropping his helmet on the floor as he sits down. Blood dropping from a small cut on his forhead. He removes a piece of his armor with the small alian piece in it. He sits there for a moment looking at it. Before isolating and replacing that piece of his armor.

He walks back to the bridge. Helmet off

Jacob: report : heavy losses all over sir. The harvest received moderate damage. We have 50 injured and 15 dead. We lost 12 fighters. As well.

Jacob sighs.

Jacob: James we need to figure out a way to wipe these things out. I have an idea but I don't trust the comms. If you can I'd like you to come aboard.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jacob walks into his own armor bay and sits down dropping his helmet on the floor as he sits down. Blood dropping from a small cut on his forhead. He removes a piece of his armor with the small alian piece in it. He sits there for a moment looking at it. Before isolating and replacing that piece of his armor.

He walks back to the bridge. Helmet off

Jacob: report : heavy losses all over sir. The harvest received moderate damage. We have 50 injured and 15 dead. We lost 12 fighters. As well.

Jacob sighs.

Jacob: James we need to figure out a way to wipe these things out. I have an idea but I don't trust the comms. If you can I'd like you to come aboard.

*An instant beam over occurs as if James read his mind instantly. Which Halsey could see he did..*

James: Lets hear your idea...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    *An instant beam over occurs as if James read his mind instantly. Which Halsey could see he did..*

James: Lets hear your idea...

Jacob: now don't call me crazy I already know I am. But we have an idea. What if we introduced them to a virus. Much like Janeway did to the Borg. Roland already has a few that look like they would work.Now i know you probably think im crazy. But im almost certain at least one of the virus would work. If nothing else it would slow them down and give our ships the chance to slip past them and make it to the base. And before you ask yes i would deliver it. Why you may ask? Because i dont trust anyone else to be able to do it and get out alive. Ive dealt with alot. And as much as i hate section 31 its situations like this that they made me for.

Roland: Alright i found one that looks like its working really well so far.

Jacob: good job roland.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Tal stand aboard his ship watching the display. The enemy flee has fale back no doudt waiting for the bulk of there forces to arrive. He laughs at there futile attempts.

Tal: What is it there old borg friends used to say resistance is futile.

Officer: sir the fleet stands ready to engage at your command.

Tal maintain curent position. We will let them come to us.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jacob: now don't call me crazy I already know I am. But we have an idea. What if we introduced them to a virus. Much like Janeway did to the Borg. Roland already has a few that look like they would work.Now i know you probably think im crazy. But im almost certain at least one of the virus would work. If nothing else it would slow them down and give our ships the chance to slip past them and make it to the base. And before you ask yes i would deliver it. Why you may ask? Because i dont trust anyone else to be able to do it and get out alive. Ive dealt with alot. And as much as i hate section 31 its situations like this that they made me for.

Roland: Alright i found one that looks like its working really well so far.

Jacob: good job roland.

James: According to my vision your... virus *Rubs his head as visions rock his sight* might only cause further rift.. We don't need to do as they did in the Dominion war... We are better than that... We are different from that... Have you tried to understand what they are trying to say or to see what is wrong? I know they were our allies at one time a very long time ago but something seems different.

*Looks at the glove contained as it is integrating into the glove turning it silver in color and showing jagged metal edges..*

*Prescient vision continues to rock him as he sees Jacob experimenting on this thing...*

Jacob is anything try finding a way to defend ourselves not genocide but to make sure that we are not on the receiving end of any more misunderstandings.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Tal stand aboard his ship watching the display. The enemy flee has fale back no doudt waiting for the bulk of there forces to arrive. He laughs at there futile attempts.

Tal: What is it there old borg friends used to say resistance is futile.

Officer: sir the fleet stands ready to engage at your command.

Tal maintain curent position. We will let them come to us.

Preston: How long do you guess the Orbs will take to regenerate? They did incur massive damage.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    James: According to my vision your... virus *Rubs his head as visions rock his sight* might only cause further rift.. We don't need to do as they did in the Dominion war... We are better than that... We are different from that... Have you tried to understand what they are trying to say or to see what is wrong? I know they were our allies at one time a very long time ago but something seems different.

*Looks at the glove contained as it is integrating into the glove turning it silver in color and showing jagged metal edges..*

*Prescient vision continues to rock him as he sees Jacob experimenting on this thing...*

Jacob is anything try finding a way to defend ourselves not genocide but to make sure that we are not on the receiving end of any more misunderstandings.

Jacob: then what has changed. I'm sorry but unless we deal with them we aren't going to get close to that station. And unless you came up with an idea to defend our ships I'm out of options. Listen I know you value life mote then I do. It's how I was trained and this is what I was trained to do neutralize the threat. You come up with a better way ill listen.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Preston: How long do you guess the Orbs will take to regenerate? They did incur massive damage.

Tal: to regenerate fully will take some time. But they are able to attack in there current state. It actually makes them more dangerous to any ships that try to move through that area.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jacob: then what has changed. I'm sorry but unless we deal with them we aren't going to get close to that station. And unless you came up with an idea to defend our ships I'm out of options. Listen I know you value life mote then I do. It's how I was trained and this is what I was trained to do neutralize the threat. You come up with a better way ill listen.

James: Vibrations.. It will fool them..
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    PACES: Armour Online.

*U.S.S. Harvest, Armour Bay 38. The Armada Armour is repaired, rearmed, and upgraded.

10 minutes later, Blake walks into the Armour Bay, unlocking the door, and looks in shock at the empty Armour Pedestal.*

Blake: PACES?

PACES!

TRIBBLE! Roland, check the ship computer and bring PACES' back-up online!

*He runs over to the console and checks the armoury catalogue. The Armada Armour isn't there either.

He can't link up with the Armour's locator, so he activates his comm-link to the suit.*

Computer, engage Lockdown! Matthews 1-1-0-Omega-Obsidian-Delta, Lock!

Computer: Armada Armour lockdown confirmed.

Blake: Jacob, we've got a problem! Someone bypassed ALL the security systems in Armour Bay 38 and stole the Armada Armour! I've locked her down, but I can't make contact with the locator beacon!

*OOC: I'm thinking of bringing in an 'Armour Wars'-type mini story here.*
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    PACES: Armour Online.

*U.S.S. Harvest, Armour Bay 38. The Armada Armour is repaired, rearmed, and upgraded.

10 minutes later, Blake walks into the Armour Bay, unlocking the door, and looks in shock at the empty Armour Pedestal.*

Blake: PACES?

PACES!

TRIBBLE! Roland, check the ship computer and bring PACES' back-up online!

*He runs over to the console and checks the armoury catalogue. The Armada Armour isn't there either.

He can't link up with the Armour's locator, so he activates his comm-link to the suit.*

Computer, engage Lockdown! Matthews 1-1-0-Omega-Obsidian-Delta, Lock!

Computer: Armada Armour lockdown confirmed.

Blake: Jacob, we've got a problem! Someone bypassed ALL the security systems in Armour Bay 38 and stole the Armada Armour! I've locked her down, but I can't make contact with the locator beacon!

*OOC: I'm thinking of bringing in an 'Armour Wars'-type mini story here.*

Jacob: damn alright see what you can find ill have roland run a full scan for it see if we can find anything.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jacob: roland find where that suit went to and who accessed it. We need to know where it is.

Roland: I do have to say that if the locator beacon is off i ay not be able to track it. Remember you installed a level 8 stealth package on the suit and if whoever has it knows that i wont be able to detect it.

jacob leaving the bridge in his full suit

Jacob: Blake in that same armor bay there is back up suit much like mine not as new but it should work for now. We need to find that suit. Im going to step outside and see if its some where on the hull.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jacob: roland find where that suit went to and who accessed it. We need to know where it is.

Roland: I do have to say that if the locator beacon is off i ay not be able to track it. Remember you installed a level 8 stealth package on the suit and if whoever has it knows that i wont be able to detect it.

jacob leaving the bridge in his full suit

Jacob: Blake in that same armor bay there is back up suit much like mine not as new but it should work for now. We need to find that suit. Im going to step outside and see if its some where on the hull.

Blake: On it!

Roland, is PACES back up yet?

*to himself*

The one saving grace is that without PACES, he can't access the heavier weapons on Armada...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Blake: On it!

Roland, is PACES back up yet?

*to himself*

The one saving grace is that without PACES, he can't access the heavier weapons on Armada...

Roland: still trying to find him now. Although I wouldnt get to optimistic about the heavy weapons if he disabled him and put another au in he still can. But let's hope he isn't that smart.