test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unble to buy/sell dilithium on tribble...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Tribble - Bug Reports
FOR WEEKS NOW ...it also shows the 'buy' section of dil exchange disabled but the sell is functional something is really fubar..whats happening??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    no reply...??
    edited May 2012
    The economy of Tribble is separate from Holodeck. It would give you a unfair advantage as a player to be able to earn Dilithium on Tribble to be able to sell via the Exchange on Holodeck for C-Points. Tribble is a testing ground with the variables tweaked. There are times when you can earn thing on Tribble faster than on Holodeck. Trust me it is working as intended by Cryptic and PW.
    edited May 2012
    im unable to BUY cryptic points on tribble ( the test server) WITH dilithium (on tribble..the DOH test server) WITH any of my COPIED CHARACTERS from holodeck...the DIL EXCHANGE is disabled for weeks now i keep trying its still offline....wtf is up with that thats what im asking i need to test ..and i cant because i cant buy cp from the tribble dil exchange ..if theres any other way to earn CP on tribble please let me know whoever replies.

is my account bugged? is soemthign that broken? wtf is happening

also i wasnt aware that im not allowed to send items via the mail on tribble to any of my other characters on tribble ...somethign is really fubar here.
    edited May 2012
    The Dilithium exchange is not meant to work on Tribble - it will TRIBBLE the economy on Holodeck and the C-Store.

For example;

I have a character with 100,000 Dilithium on Holodeck.
    1. Transfer Character to Tribble
    2. Trade 100,000 dilithium for C-Store Points
    3. Delete Character from Tribble
    4. .... start again at step 1.

This would provide an endless supply of Dilithium to trade for C-Store Points.
  • xandercorvusxandercorvus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Dilithium exchange is not meant to work on Tribble - it will TRIBBLE the economy on Holodeck and the C-Store.

For example;

I have a character with 100,000 Dilithium on Holodeck.
    1. Transfer Character to Tribble
    2. Trade 100,000 dilithium for C-Store Points
    3. Delete Character from Tribble
    4. .... start again at step 1.

This would provide an endless supply of Dilithium to trade for C-Store Points.

So?
    It's a TEST server.
    How are we supposed to TEST stuff if we can't buy said stuff?
    Which brings up another interesting question: Why wasn't the last 3 new ships (3 at least) available for testing or even to BUY from the Cash-Store on Tribble so that we could actually, I don't know, maybe TEST them on the TEST server?
    "Join Date: Jun 2012" Says Cryptic's "new" forum system. I've been here since a week before launch, but SOME stuff just didn't carry over through multiple system changes/updates. :rolleyes:
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    none of the 3 previous ships were really anything new in terms of overall gameplay. The oddy was - as it was a common hull with different flavours (and thus was made available for testing on tribble at the console in the shipyard)

the test server is there to test new functionality - not really to test builds etc (although that can be a nice side effect). dilithium exchange works already - no need to continue to test the functionality until they change something fundamental in its operation.
  • captmike82captmike82 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hi i would like to know i got the oddisy ship for free on tribble is there a way i can port it to holodeck so i can have it there or is it stuck on tribble for good?
  • daywalkerhawkdaywalkerhawk Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    captmike82 wrote: »
    hi i would like to know i got the oddisy ship for free on tribble is there a way i can port it to holodeck so i can have it there or is it stuck on tribble for good?

You cant tranfser anything from the Testserver to the life as it would ne fair. On tribble the Oddys costs 0 while on live you have to pay 2500 Zen per ship or 5000 For the Pack. you can only transfer chars from live to tribble not vice versa.