SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Ten Forward
Back to the 80's

Enjoy the trip! :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You would not happen to frequent a forum where I spread that around annoying people?
    edited March 2011
    Back in the 80s...

... Peter Davison was The Doctor and we had Transformers. Not those CG **** 'splosions Michael Bay gives us now :(

It was a simpler time
    edited March 2011
    I wasn't even a slither of genetic material in the 80's.

I'm a 91'er.
    edited March 2011
    MGDawson wrote: »
    I wasn't even a slither of genetic material in the 80's.

I'm a 91'er.

Is this a bad time to mention I graduated High School in '91? :D
    edited March 2011
    ....daddy? :eek:
    Kidding, of course. My dad turns 71 this year.
    edited March 2011
    MGDawson wrote: »
    ....daddy? :eek:
    Kidding, of course. My dad turns 71 this year.

ROFLMFAO! Nice one MG!
    edited March 2011
    tryulis wrote: »
    Back in the 80s...

... Peter Davison was The Doctor and we had Transformers. Not those CG **** 'splosions Michael Bay gives us now :(

It was a simpler time

I feel the same way about Transformers. I gave the first Bay film a shot and that was a terrible idea :mad:

I graduated high school in `99 :cool:
    edited March 2011
    My formative years were in the 80's being born in 1973. Its easy to become nostalgic. At the same time if I'm driving around and my car breaks down its nice to have a cell phone instead of hoofing it to the nearest phone booth like my parents would've had to.
    edited March 2011
    lol It didn't even get to complete buffering I closed it that fast
    edited March 2011
    My formative years were in the 80's being born in 1973. Its easy to become nostalgic. At the same time if I'm driving around and my car breaks down its nice to have a cell phone instead of hoofing it to the nearest phone booth like my parents would've had to.

Couldn't you just use the Phone Booth to travel in time to make sure your car didn't break down though?
    edited March 2011
    Couldn't you just use the Phone Booth to travel in time to make sure your car didn't break down though?

The only way he could do that is if he was a companion of the Doctor :D
    edited March 2011

same, lol.........
    edited March 2011
    My favorite line:
    "When Eminem was just a snack...and Michael Jackson was still black"
    edited March 2011
    Riker hadn't grown the beard yet, Tasha leaned on tactical and Worf lurked behind her, glowering a lot. Troi's only purpose was to state the obvious and wear low-cut dresses, while everyone else wore one-piece uniforms a size too small. Data trotted out his thesaurus when anyone said anything and Wesley was just an annoying wunderkid. Geordi still wore red and flew the ship while they went through a succession of one-episode chief engineers.

in the 80s!
    edited March 2011
    Oh how I hate season 1 TNG :-( so frustrating watching TNG with my other friends who just have never watched Star Trek. I fail so many times trying to explain to them that it gets SOO much better around mid-season 2 after Q introduces the Borg and The Romulans decloak and announce "We, are back"

But I digress, Im only a fake 80s kid. I was born in 1989. When Bryan Adams was number 1, when the Berlin Wall came down and before Axl Rose started to ake people wish they'd never been born
    edited March 2011
    And who can forget the deep, nuanced plots - like "Drugs Are Bad", "Capital Punishment is Bad", "War Profiteers are Bad", and "Sexism is Bad, Especially When Women Are In Charge"? Also, it is important to emphasize at every point that Humanity is Totally Awesome now, usually by being very smug about it to less perfect and enlightened countries, I mean, species.

Now me, I was born in 1970, so it all lines up very neatly: the 70s were my childhood and the 80s were my teen years, and thus in many ways still my favorite decade. (Though the 90s had many good things also.)
    edited March 2011
    I had some punk who grew up in the '90s tell me that the music from the '80s was the worst ever. I had to bodyslam him hard, like that fat kid bodyslamming the bully.
    edited March 2011

Hey, I graduated in 1981.:eek:
    edited March 2011
    "Great Scott!"
    edited March 2011
    Armsman wrote: »
    Hey, I graduated in 1981.:eek:

So you really remember shows like The Greatest American Hero, A-Team, Scarecrow and Mrs. King, The Fall Guy, MacGuyver, Airwolf, and the like...
    edited March 2011
    "Great Scott!"

"I know. This is heavy!"
    edited March 2011
    Vrano wrote:
    So you really remember shows like The Greatest American Hero, A-Team, Scarecrow and Mrs. King, The Fall Guy, MacGuyver, Airwolf, and the like...

I remember those shows and I graduated in '92.
    Ask me about television in the mid to late 90s and I'd probably have no clue.
    edited March 2011
    This thread is a lie, nobody was alive in the 80's except the dinosaurs and we all know how that story ended...
    edited March 2011
    Vrano wrote:

Oh yeah, I remember all of those shows.:D
    edited March 2011
    This thread is a lie, nobody was alive in the 80's except the dinosaurs and we all know how that story ended...

Solar flare?
    edited March 2011
    Vrano wrote:

I graduated in 93 and I watched all of those shows.
    edited March 2011
    Vrano wrote:

Ahh....Back when TV was still good...and the only "Reality" shows on TV were sports...

Born in 74..>Graduated in 92....

TV turned to TRIBBLE to me in the 90s...
    edited March 2011

*Slams his proportionately small claw on the desk. His mighty tale swishes, knocking over a book shelf.*

The word is out! DINOSAURIANS! ASSEMBLE!!

*Lets out a mighty roar.*
    edited March 2011

I remeber my pet velociraptor if you think a pit-bull is a tough animal; try feeding a veliciraptor. Stupid thing got out and it was hit by a car.
    edited March 2011
    Ironically enough, it was the custom on some of the text-based multi-player games of the early 90s to refer to long-time players as "dinos" (or "Tiny Dinos", referencing the game type/engine). And of late, I do feel very much like a dinosaur sometimes, looking around at all of you impertinent rodents scampering underfoot.