test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Captain_Zero Is PURE AWESOMENESS Thread

Comments

• cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There is some new Borg PvE stuff coming. I have only tried one of them where you have to rescue Borg ships from being reassimilated and I thought it was fun.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,292 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    15% HD space remaining.. I prob cant even fit Naruto revolution wait.. no im not a fighter gamer anymore .. inflamed phalanges.. ill have to ice my wrist from movign them mouse around..
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
    edited September 2014
    You need more drives, Senshi! I've got 3 3 Terabyte drives, a couple of 2 Terabyte drives, and a 1.5 Terabyte drive that I regularly all use. I have smller drives laying around on my desk as well. Seagate currently is shipping 8 Terabyte enterprise class drives though. I sure could use a half dozen of those. :D
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
    edited September 2014
    I think the permutations wait $$ i dont like metro interface.. want retro bar and pc to have better usb external so i dotn have to take all cords off again to get inside.. just to swap.. PC should be like a blade server. .you open nothing.. tooless flip a toggle pull out swap or clone.
    edited September 2014
    I think the permutations wait $$ i dont like metro interface.. want retro bar and pc to have better usb external so i dotn have to take all cords off again to get inside.. just to swap.. PC should be like a blade server. .you open nothing.. tooless flip a toggle pull out swap or clone.

:P There's nothing wrong with Metro. You've had Windows 8 for how long? Give yourself time to get used to the better UI and you will learn to appreciate how fast it is to get to things over any Windows yet.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited September 2014
    no just the look. .its win 7.1 at work sites on the old style interface
    edited September 2014
    But you have both. You can launch your web browser from the desktop or launch it in the Metro full screen style. As much as I wasn't sold on the app store for free stuff in the beginning. There are some things that honestly just make more sense in an app. iHeartRadio, Netflix, weather, and things like that. It's also a good place for shortcuts that I don't want on my desktop for things I use less but still want quicker assess to. In a month from now, I look forward to seeing if any of your gripes with Windows 8 disappear.

With the changes coming to Windows 9 based on the whining feedback, I look forward to being very vocal with Microsoft on keeping a no Start Menu OS. Considering I have beta tested a heck of a lot of stuff for Microsoft, going backwards just to please people who won't even try something new is absolutely pointless. Windows 8 numbers are actually decent as well, all things considered. The cheaper cost goes a long way with the performance boost over previous OS's on older systems.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited September 2014
    optimizing used to be the thing with after OEM os for windows to fix things.. or expand options..
    Oil Change for WIN95 was a great serch for new Quake mods or servers list managment.
    its not so much change .. after buying the ME that dint work with our systems at all.. we were lerss then happy.. WIN98 plus was ok.. I liked the Wild Things theme.. the old wallpapers and sounds were a big thing foir custom Fan looks.

Ditn liek the NT incompatability for the Win dos based games... so you couldnt work somethign up at work or vis verse .. dual boot partitioned HD.. was nice.. the security improvments are nice.. considering the western dominance of MS i think the empire got complacent and huge numbers of things came out to fix things MS shoulkd have done as a free patch for a faulty product.
    edited September 2014
    95 and 98 were awful! ME had its issues but it was a slight improvement. Win2k though was the best of that generation. NT was okay but yeah, it was a pain to get some things running. If you buy an HP printer and wonder why you get issues, then that's your silliness. :P

Apple further proves how asinine their company is with their dated technology for the stupid!
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited September 2014
    windows advisor for 7.1 says it wont support my lexmark photo copies printer scanner..
    whick bites.. xp loves it.. but it is old and harder to get ink for..
    edited September 2014
    windows advisor for 7.1 says it wont support my lexmark photo copies printer scanner..
    whick bites.. xp loves it.. but it is old and harder to get ink for..

Disable driver signing and force the driver. Any driver that works with Vista and 7 will work with Windows 8/8.1. Most Win XP drivers will work as well. If your OS is 64bit, just make sure the driver is 64bit.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited September 2014
    Mista PReZ ve cane no go to the moon ... the software wont recogniza dem lander mon
    edited September 2014
    You don't give the software a chance to. When it asks if you want to search for a driver or choose one to install, you choose one. You literally select the file manually and if it says this doesn't match up, you install it anyway. Just make sure you are selecting the correct driver INI that you used in the previous OS and it should work. XP tends to be not as reliable but any Vista or newer drive will definitely work if you install it correctly.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited September 2014
    hum pity its not java ap.. wait.. not a penguin.. ok.. I blame pong.. bit maps...
    edited September 2014
    I think Lynux is fairly useless for daily use as your only OS. Free isn't always good but it is useful for flashing firmware to SSD's so you don't corrupt your Windows install.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited September 2014
    right not crome googgle office somthin somthin.. our customer data base was created by the 1000 monkeys school of if it ditn work pay us more to fix it.
    edited September 2014
    Although I am not a huge fan of Microsoft Office, I definitely don't like Open Office more. It's just too bad IBM game up on Lotus SmartSuite. I really liked Lotus 123 a lot. Before Word got elements of Creative Writer, I also enjoyed playing in that. It wasn't the greatest word processor or anything close but it was the easiest way to make up something that looked nice for headers, flyers, and most other things without shoving a few elements into Word to overly complicate things.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited September 2014
    so true.. it wasent cheap but ..by the way Z and Cappy were way down on page two.. shame on Hort for not lurkign to help.
    edited September 2014
    I don't think we'll be able to lure Hort, Cappy, or anyone else back. With the "I WANT ALL OF YOUR MONEY, NOW" approach that is known as X2. I don't think that is a good way to get former players to return or to spark a new players interest in the game.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited September 2014
    Hopilte <sp> sorry Cassandra Hero had some spare ore and zen so they bought me some combat pets which were alot of fun 1 hour timer on 200 ZEN purchase. and my Brute still lost to the end boss 6-7 times alone without a buff or healer and a debuff on end boss.

I had a legecy mission item from year one you cant even buy now.. helpign me and 2 halloween hero drops that are belt toggle powers.. still no joy.. i dotn have the end bar far enough after a RETCON.. started as a ninja rabbit before they nerfed pew pew NPC then i went ego and pionic then to brute.. poor bunnys gears more in between sets for EGO super stats.

I claimed the hero 600 day loot bag on another lower level and found it was one toon only not across everyone.. as i was still GOLD when that was kicked in. Stoped getign monthly sub stipend and rewards..
    edited September 2014
    Nice! Collecting stuff in PWE games seems to be a challenge. They nickel and dime you for storage space to the point of where collecting stuff forces you to buy more space at very premium prices. The sad part is... When the games shut down, it's all gone, just like that.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited September 2014
    Or you level cap and rewards dont mean anything and XP is not given to you as a bonus for doing anything after Glass Ceiling is hit..

As a GOLD.. when you level capped at 40.. you gave Birth to a new toon slot..
    So you Son San son of Brilliant Green Balto or something could carry on the legacy
    [2 toon slots 1400 ZEN]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taADLPtyDb0
    edited September 2014
    One guy testing on Tribble spent close to 1 million DL upgrading is Wrist Lance from leveless up to Mark XIV Epic. Ironically, the stats were almost idential to what he had started out with. :P
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited September 2014
    Perception is 9/10ths of the oddessy
    edited September 2014
    Too bad perception has nothing on the instability of the servers over the past two days. Between disconnects and server not responding to the point where STO is unplayable really gets frustrating fast.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited September 2014
    lucky for me just finished Rampage to collect 1500 ore when lead wanted to swap toons and try again with nice balace team and whamo SNR lost my spot but it was time to feed papa anyway so...

its almost liek when the alpha server kicked in for STO and started suckign live Champions capacity and ZINC ditn have enough server blades budget from atari to operate open BEta for eiither sto or cryptic..
    edited September 2014
    Hopefully in a week or two things will be fixed. Then again, PWE/Cryptic ia absolutely ridiculous when it comes to fixing anything. It should be very interesting to see what bugs from Z2 that have been around the whole testing time make it through to Holodeck. Ship special consoles disappearing when you upgrade is a big annoyance that has yet to be fixed. With less than a month to do, they don't have a lot of time to fix things and address testers dislikes.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited September 2014
    its a plane a car a flying robot.. mecha carrying a car.. weee.. Bombs Evil... collects loot.
    edited September 2014
    its a plane a car a flying robot.. mecha carrying a car.. weee.. Bombs Evil... collects loot.

:D So it wasn't the Power Rangers Megazord then? :P
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited September 2014
    No the Mega Destroid.. it pwns us good many times dropping loot..
    But no free ZEN promotional codes