What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Emergency Maintenance

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i cant honestly say i didnt see this coming....once i start to DC...the servers comin down......cause i never DC....ever......
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Heezdedjim wrote:
    Lets play forum text adventure to distract us while servers are down. I'll begin:

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike . . .

You start walking down these passages aimlessly like a server that can't stay up......
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Is it within the realm of possibilities for Cryptic to buy more servers to handle the
    masses that land on saturday for the newly released episodes?

See if Atari will loan you some loot from the C-store and upgrade, very quickly. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    While the downtime is a slight inconvenience, I do have to agree with some of the other posters that have said this is a definite sign that STO has arrived. Nice to see the amount of player base growth and demand that's there for the game now. At least we know for sure that it will be around for a good while, and we also know Cryptic will be looking into purchasing some bigger servers...lol :D

Agreed. I think this just shows how popular our favourite game is now!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Sto...sto..sto!!! What Am I Fighting For!!!!!!???
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    ok cryptic form now on let ti run crappy and don't take down the server to try to correct problems
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Slik13 wrote: »
    I didn't have to do anything to get miine to post. Maybe check your account options?

Click on My Account in top left of this page, Go to Miscellaneous and click Group Memberships, Click the button next to Career Officer, then the Update Display Group button and your done.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The obvious is: Cryptic needs to upgrade their servers to handle the influx of new players. But, granted off-topic, to all those techies out there .........

What would be the best servers, in your opinions, for Cryptic to use for STO?

I think one of these would be more effective than what they have at the moment...
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    cryptic realy needs to learn from the crashes by gettin more servers
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    :eek:just think about us in the Eu we have had our day now we are kicking back with abeer and readt to play STO and look is this going to be every week... if it is just say so we know...

if i had a event at work which i messed up two weeks running i would be looking for a new job...
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Currently making a pot of Earl Grey tea while we wait.

Anyone want a cup? :p

I'll take a coffee please. Then go do RL stuff for an hour or two. :(
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    njsjedi wrote: »
    You are a joke this is a weekly thing now!!!! Do you guys not TEST first! :

You realize that to test for having masses of users online, they'd need to have.... masses of users online.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Just goes to show how popular these episodes are.

Though I must admit on the Federation side things are packed and its no doubt a strain on space dock and would warrant a second server. Though on the KDF side very much different no where near the number of people :(
  • Options
    edited February 2011
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    In baseball terms, "Strike two"
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I am here to have fun, and i am sick of people *****ing on the forums

Then dont read it. You have free will you know.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    comon guys its a good game you have to expect some problems even james t kerk had problems. but for cryptic id comment saying saying she's giving all she got captin.lol. no keep up the good work guys
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    i love ti test an issue that is cause by massive ammounts of people with out the people
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Heezdedjim wrote:
    And now for something completely different: How do you get the blue "Career Officer" name tag here on the forums?

click this link and if you're a lifer, you can set your forum account to "identify you as a member of this group"
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Streakfury wrote: »
    You realize that to test for having masses of users online, they'd need to have.... masses of users online.

one word Tribble...
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    THIS HOW I FEEL EVERY WEEKEND!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E4MZl5PRG8

ok it's time for a break of the youtube battle in order to get some of this :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrOcFYwPdHE

rgds prien
  • Options
    edited February 2011
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    because lots of people are logging into play the episodes are by no means a gauge of the persons playing.

if you throw down a piece of stale bread in the midst of a pack of starving wolves they will gobble it up, does it mean the wolves only wanted stale bread and were looking forward to it? No. It just means they don't have a choice and took what they got.

Similar to episodes, it's all the content we got.

just glad some of you guys don't have pitchforks tho.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Click on My Account in top left of this page, Go to Miscellaneous and click Group Memberships, Click the button next to Career Officer, then the Update Display Group button and your done.
    Thanks! (now we'll see if it worked . . .)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I like to look at issues like this, where the server can't handle the number of people online, as a Blessing in Disguise. As it shows just how popular this game is and is becoming. So I will take a little unscheduled down time while they compensate for the increased masses.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hey guys if you have such a problem with it why not wait until tomorrow to play? I know it's frustrating but it is a GAME not real life! i had lots of fleet events planed around this but hey Sh*t happens, if you don't like it go to another game. I am here to have fun, and i am sick of people *****ing on the forums "you guys can't do anything right" If you think you can do better apply to Cryptic i believe they do have vacancies.

I think the playerbase is entitled to a bit of whining now. There is a reason why this episode is getting a weekend relesa. Some of us set aside an hour or two and plan to do the new mission with friends. This is the reason why it's launched in the weekend after all.

Up until the point where we have been through the mission, we basically have to cut off all communication channels, or else the experience will be ruined by spoilers. That's why postponing the run to Sunday is usually not a good ide. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Heezdedjim wrote:
    Thanks! (now we'll see if it worked . . .)

it did LOL
    :)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I love the people that think STO has some kind of 1 hour downtime SLA with it's customers.

Perhaps reading the license agreement (yes I know a dry subject) would enlighten such users.

MMOs can and do go down from time to time. Just be thankful that this isn't an SOE franchise!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    ok i got the bear traps.... now i just need some mg nests and a few idiots..... any takers ? you get 2k per 30 min that i need for the quest, and where did i put the mines.......... yeah i may need some tear gas. any any one selling cheap flash bangs ?. just kidding but that is where we are going.....:mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Slik13 wrote: »
    Get a lifetime membership like the rest of us suckers.

Quoted for truth, yo.
This discussion has been closed.