Options

Emergency Maintenance

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Erebozz86 wrote:
    Are you serious???

ya go fig another release another crash, you think they would get a bigger server after a year of this TRIBBLE. Its getting a little old and not funnie ha ha any more.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    This is mental! Every time you launch a new feature episode everything is going down the drain.
    You really need to sort that out!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Currently making a pot of Earl Grey tea while we wait.

Anyone want a cup? :p

I've never tried it but I'll give it a whirl.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Where is Sulu?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    And Again and again..... Cryptic Crash Patches....... gotta love em.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    While you're at it, could you announce the downtime for next week's "Emergency Maintenance"?

No kidding.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Can we get these network issues taken care of during the week late at night and not during the weekend.
    Two weeks in a row. Awesome.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Some how am not surprised, however it did last a lot longer before the server crashed so you are getting there Cryptic I even managed to complete the mission with no lag at all :)
    Fingers crossed that 3rd times a charm and the server won't need maintenance.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    thegoog wrote:
    Ya, in case you haven't noticed the pattern it's an hour or so after the weekly comes out.

Actually isn't it the exact same time as last week? Hmmm... maybe the janitor pulled the plug again, during his weekly cleaning of the server room.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    maintenance...
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It may be frustrating, but I think it's a good sign that the game is growing - time to go do some chores instead. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    What is wrong with you people? You have at least a week to learn to from last week's fiasco and you are pulling the same tricks again. I'm sorry to be blunt but honestly I have commended you in the past for the excellent support STO has with their developers now I changed my mind. Logic defies the techs behind STO and expect a mass exodus of people who just had it with the unannounced downtimes.
    Could you perhaps ever thought about launching the new series... oh perhaps on a weekday rather than on a weekend in case something goes wrong? It would alleviate any constraints with lots of people trying to log in at the same time. Can you try to launch the series on Fridays rather than Saturdays so that the rest of the world at least can log in with no crash issues.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    plz just get the damn thing fixed plz...... or do this. put it out say thursday:cool:, monday:D, or today but at 4 pm est;). that way you have less lag and ppl playing. and that way no thinks about if only they could set up snare traps around other players pcs:mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Attention Captains! Forums are down for emergency maintenance. We expect this downtime to last one hour. This message will be updated when you can post again.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Attention Cryptic,

Please use the money you get to update the servers, I'm tired of all the issues. Your company has sorely underestimated Star Trek as an IP and it shows. I had faith from day one, which is when I purchased my lifetime account. I had defended STO to people who felt it was the worst MMO ever made. My faith is waning, is it worth it to you to keep people from leaving?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thye'll get things worked out. Of the 3 featured series, this is the first one they saw this issue with. (It just goes to show that generally the game itself - feature wise is getting better as more people are returning to it, and staying by the looks of things.)

they MAY need to go to a World of vWarcraft queue system for FE weekends; or maybe do a rolling start of the new mission (ie it starts for you at 11:00 AM YOUR local time); but I really hiope this DOSEN'T cause then to stop doing these FE mission series as they njust keep getting better and better (assuming they can get the servers to handle the release day player loads.)

But, as this is currently the only MMO attempting something like this, and in the pervious two FE series, they've not experienced this level of a load, I can give then some time to adjust and figure things out regarding how to better handle things.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    While you're at it, could you announce the downtime for next week's "Emergency Maintenance"?

I think they should start doing this if its going to be a trend. lol
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The first week was okay... they were not expecting such a turn out.... but week two????!!!!!!!
    I just changed my six month subscription to a life time. Now I'm regretting it. Where is my money going. Certianly not to improve the servers.:mad::(
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Have we not learned from last week's experience??
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    everyone should really learn that the weekly episodes start working at 4pm PST. Anything before that is a TRIBBLE shoot of down time and bugs. So why put your self though all that hassle just to play a missions the second it goes live? I know everyone on the internet loves being "FIRST!!!" but once you get over that you'll live a bit better.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I think we deserve a new title in game for this..."crash test dummy"
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Obviously the pest control guy is on leave.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    maintenance...

look at this !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8amtq5aXRL8

rgsds prien
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Why does this keep happening?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    it shouldn't be "emergency" if I saw it happening a week ago.

Is it really a surprise to anyone?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    And now for something completely different: How do you get the blue "Career Officer" name tag here on the forums?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Currently making a pot of Earl Grey tea while we wait.

Anyone want a cup? :p

I would but replicators are undergoing Emergency Maintenance
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    What kills me the most, is all the anniversary interviews, and QA features, if you only read those, you would think this game runs ahead of the pack as far as being on top of *****.
    I feel sorry for the people who started playing again because they think Cryptic has fixed all the mess from release. Guess the joke is on them, because this is the worst two weeks since open beta
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, it's time to revisit the whole 'We want to release these on a weekend during prime time because....' argument.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It's nice to see you guys indulging in your weekly sacrifice of server hardware to the bandwidth gods.
    But could you have done it at this time of all times, seriously. Most of us IT pro's do it on a Monday, this way no unexpected downtime over the weekend.
This discussion has been closed.