What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Emergency Maintenance

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Lets play forum text adventure to distract us while servers are down. I'll begin:

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike . . .
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Heezdedjim wrote:
    And now for something completely different: How do you get the blue "Career Officer" name tag here on the forums?

Get a lifetime membership like the rest of us suckers.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yet another Emergency Maintenance... Why don't the Devs schedule another one for next weekend and just start calling them Scheduled Maintenance...
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Heezdedjim wrote:
    Lets play forum text adventure to distract us while servers are down. I'll begin:

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike . . .

I go east.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    lol I saw this coming, Cryptic please notice that this game is getting more popular and update the servers to handle the increase in players, please?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Selaphiel wrote:
    Attention Captains!

Star Trek Online is currently down for emergency maintenance. We are expecting this downtime to last no more than one hour. Upon completion of the maintenance, this message will be updated accordingly.

Thank you,
    The Star Trek Online Team

Uh, thanks for the head's up...but then again when it takes me 5 minutes to get my character from the load screen to the SB I was on, then I suppose it's a problem for everybody. Anyway, I sure hope it doesn't last an hour, and it is fixed...since this week I actually have the time to play a few missions (well, unless it isn't fixed for a few hours....)...

To express my frustration, I must quote...the great...Jim....Kirk...lol "KHAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    judgeman83 wrote: »

U just made my bowels move...TRIBBLE
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Slik13 wrote: »
    Get a lifetime membership like the rest of us suckers.
    Got one. Maybe it takes a while after you first log into forums for it to update or something.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Kingdox wrote: »
    everyone should really learn that the weekly episodes start working at 4pm PST. Anything before that is a TRIBBLE shoot of down time and bugs. So why put your self though all that hassle just to play a missions the second it goes live? I know everyone on the internet loves being "FIRST!!!" but once you get over that you'll live a bit better.

Well not everybody who logs in at that time wants to play that mission. There are people out there that want to play the normal stuff. Should we just say: "Oh, a new Feature Episode just started. I better do something else"?
    I don't think so! It's Cryptic's job to ensure that the servers are working.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Selaphiel wrote:
    Attention Captains!

Star Trek Online is currently down for emergency maintenance. We are expecting this downtime to last no more than one hour. Upon completion of the maintenance, this message will be updated accordingly.

Thank you,
    The Star Trek Online Team

No "we apologize for the inconvenience" this time? Oh well. Maybe next time.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    My aren't we a surly bunch......at least i won $50. Thats ok.....find a happy place.......sit back and do the dew.

Take a shower, mow the lawn, slap the pony, eat the biscuit, change the tire, do what ever makes you feel good is what Im sayin. You don't have to flame....put some cream upon that burn and feel relief that my main soul brother Cryptic is gonna do it, and make it outta sight. :cool:

After all......it's only a game right?

You can always cuddle with yer favorite girl/boy/pillow/farm animal and nestle on the couch, watch a good movie.....munch some popcorn.......lay some butter upon those hot kernals of tooth repair.

Can ya Dig it?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Really folks, this is becoming a bad joke.

I understand you can't fix things immediately, and that sometimes unforseen things come up. But by now, this should not be a surprise to your devs/network engineers.

It's stealing the fun out of this game, and you are handeling this all wrong. If this isn't somoething you can "fix" permanentyl, then you need to handle it with other methods (read a queue you get into that only alows so many in
    at a time). That would be better than killing the game for everyone. As it is, even if I decided to do something else, and wait till later to do the new mission ... I can't.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    A forum Dabo game based on picking the exact server time crash anouncement! Place your latinum bets for next week! lol

Who wants to be the booky? lol
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    U just made my bowels move...TRIBBLE

Ok now you are ready for the next level :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vm8lngdjsc&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh+div-1r-2-HM

have fun !
    rgds prien
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Heezdedjim wrote:
    Got one. Maybe it takes a while after you first log into forums for it to update or something.

I didn't have to do anything to get miine to post. Maybe check your account options?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    nice to no were our hard earned money is going :mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Jeez it's just a stumble which only goes to prove how popular the episode is. Servers are tricky things, less hate. More love, people!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hey, lets all post our favorite STO videos from YouTube, so we can watch them and make pew pew noise and pretend like we're playing.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    While the downtime is a slight inconvenience, I do have to agree with some of the other posters that have said this is a definite sign that STO has arrived. Nice to see the amount of player base growth and demand that's there for the game now. At least we know for sure that it will be around for a good while, and we also know Cryptic will be looking into purchasing some bigger servers...lol :D
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    There's always tribble for a little while.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Welcome to Star Trek OFF Line!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    castogere wrote: »
    Can ya Dig it?

Yes, yes I can.
    *eats her breakfast cereal*
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hey guys if you have such a problem with it why not wait until tomorrow to play? I know it's frustrating but it is a GAME not real life! i had lots of fleet events planed around this but hey Sh*t happens, if you don't like it go to another game. I am here to have fun, and i am sick of people *****ing on the forums "you guys can't do anything right" If you think you can do better apply to Cryptic i believe they do have vacancies.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I did all the important (real life) stuff I needed this morning so I could spend the afternoon/evening gaming in peace.

Moral of the story: Responsibility's overrated.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The obvious is: Cryptic needs to upgrade their servers to handle the influx of new players. But, granted off-topic, to all those techies out there .........

What would be the best servers, in your opinions, for Cryptic to use for STO?

On a personal note: I think Cryptic needs to just give all the players, who have endured since the anniversary event, 5000 Atari tokens :D
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    just seconds away from finishing a mission that I have to start all over...grrrrrrr.

And you are what...surprised? This has become depressingly common. For me the release of a new feature episode has become not much more than a guarentee that trying to play STO will be a pain in the @#! for a day. lol
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Currently making a pot of Earl Grey tea while we wait.

Anyone want a cup? :p

I'll take one, thanks. Not too hot though.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    THIS HOW I FEEL EVERY WEEKEND!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E4MZl5PRG8
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    just seconds away from finishing a mission that I have to start all over...grrrrrrr.

Hey dont feel so bad i ws picking my reward when it went down so i have to redo everything.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Cowbell1 wrote:
    Keep going with the business model where you do not anticipate anyone logging in and doing new content. It is working wonders.

As you're offering, yes!

Please ;):D
This discussion has been closed.